Profile For Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder's Info

Monticello, FL

Preparing For School

Dan Snyder On The Web

2 years ago

Dan Snyder's Bio

Not good at these things... If you want to know.. Just ask :-)

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Quick question about BOLT express and 1099 work

Hey gang...

I can't seem to find much on BOLT express (straight trucks). Does anyone have inside knowledge or a link to some real information? I was offered a 1099 position, which I have heard both pro and cons for. As a fairly new guy in the industry, is 1099 decent? or stay far away from?

Thanks....ROLL SAFE!!

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Roehl pet policy/Werner pet policy

Lawdog... do you remember how much the test costs?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Prime CDL transfer

That is correct.. They constantly bashed IL in my class.. There are the 49 states, and then............IL

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Melton Truck Lines

Any of the Melton guys still alive?? LOL... Looking for some insight

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

It's school time :-)

This is becoming the tricky issue. What someone defines as a duffle bag. I've heard from gym bag size, up to a military knapsack cargo bag. By the time you have clothes, toiletries, and bedding stuff...That little ol' bag is gonna be busting at the seams. lol

The general rule is try to restrict yourself to one duffle. Depending on how long your training phase is and whether or not you'll be routed home, you'll be pretty much living with whatever you can fit in that one bag. I personally would suggest just the basics: enough sets of clean clothes for the time out (plan on showering every other day at minimum), toiletries, and some form of entertainment for down times.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

It's school time :-)

Yes, they are sister companies.

Congrats! I'm looking at going Jim Palmer on the 27th.

I believe Wil-Trans and Jim Palmer are owned by the same entity, so I'm assuming that school is very similar. Keep us posted, and if you learn any tips along the way let me know! :)

Good luck and be safe out there. If you are like me you are excited to get this adventure started!

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

It's school time :-)

Good day everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone that has replied to various posts about getting into the industry. Each of you have a different and valuable persepective on things; and for any outsider like me, its very valuable information.

I will be shipping off to Wil-Trans Company CDL Training next Friday (10th). Aside from the basics, does anyone have some intel on things to bring. I know to keep it light, so I'm looking for must haves. I'm on of the few whose brain still does work, so I should be able to think and figure things out.

Again, thanks to all who comment.

D-

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Ever hear of contacting a spouse about employment?

You’re free to give the answer and to let them talk to your spouse, it’s just not something I would do or a question I would ask from an HR standpoint.

Thank you for your service to your community!

Thank you Volvo. I appreciate that... and thanks for all you truckers do as well.....If it weren't for y'all.....the needs of life would dearly suck!!

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Ever hear of contacting a spouse about employment?

I'm gonna jump back in here boys... I also could have sworn it was 100% illegal, but I'm not a lawyer... Just some ol' dumb cop.

Anywho, Volvo...that's the position i'm in... Either they talk to the wife or I'm done with processing... that simple... It blew my mind, but either you want the job or not... so.........

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Ever hear of contacting a spouse about employment?

I agree... Now that I have spoken with some folks, and got my bull-headed self right again... it is a good idea from all points of view

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Ever hear of contacting a spouse about employment?

Well put Brett...

I guess I just put my emotions into it. Out of all the companies recruiting, this one in particular is calling. In my years of dodging bullets and broken bones; I have never heard of any employer calling a spouse...

Thanks again...

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Ever hear of contacting a spouse about employment?

Hey y'all....

Have you ever heard of a company that contacts your spouse, and wants to discuss truck driving with them? I feel like someone has to check with my mommy to make sure it's ok to take the job. Maybe I'm just reading too far into it, but this sounds absurd to me.

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

First CDL offer

Just remember... CRST is a team only gig for a very long time... Not SOLO like everyone else... That's why I shut them down...The pay wasn't worth it in the end for me.

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

Question about Prime and Hazmat endorsement

I was wondering that as well.

Posted:  2 years ago

Wil-Trans / Jim Palmer

I jumped onboard with them today. I've spoken to quite a few folks, and haven't found a bad thing yet (other than normal online ***** fests). Everyone has been VERY helpful and provided good information. I can't wait till next month when I get there and get this show started.

Posted:  2 years ago

Paid CDL school & the big boys

Thank you everyone. It is truly appreciated

Posted:  2 years ago

Paid CDL school & the big boys

I appreciate the response. I am looking to make contact with someone who has gone through where I am at now (in the recent past) and get first hand information. The education is BY-FAR great, but I am also seeking one-on-one information. As an instructor in the law enforcement realm, I know the book provides basic general knowledge about a topic... But nothing can beat first-hand experience, especially from someone who has recently completed the task.

Posted:  2 years ago

Jim Palmer here I hope to come,

Eirik and/or Joshua..

Did y'all get on yet? I'd like to get some first hand information if so....

Thanks, Dan

Posted:  2 years ago

Paid CDL school & the big boys

Steve,

You're probably the person I'm looking to talk to. I'm in Monticello.. I'm looking for any and all information I can get from someone fairly local.

Posted:  2 years ago

Wil-Trans CDL Training

Dave,

Are you still with Wil-Trans/JP? I'd like to pick your brain about them if you don't mind.

Thanks, D-