Profile For NeeklODN

NeeklODN's Info

Pensacola, FL

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year, 4 months ago

NeeklODN's Bio

second year driver Otr flatbed driver out of Pensacola,FL Currently employed with Summerford Truck Lines.

NeeklODN's Photo Gallery

Posted:  38 minutes ago

Trip plan question

This is the route I would take.

0584636001553377159.jpg This is 646 miles, City to City. Using your 650 miles trip planned at 50 MPH, makes it a 13 hour trip. Start driving 06:00 Sunday. Drive 10 hours and stop about 16:00. Now you have 3 hours to go. Do your 10 hour break and roll at 02:00 arrive 3/25 05:00. That works.

Great. Don't know why I'm particularly nervous about this one but that works. I guess it's because it's the first trip I've gotten that I can't complete in one drive shift. Anyhow thanks for the help Big Scott and tractor man.

Posted:  4 hours, 33 minutes ago

Trip plan question

Load is due Monday 3/25 @0800 at Lowes flatbed DC in Ennis tx. Approx 650 miles

Picked up load in Dothan AL Thursday afternoon. Currently on reset at home in Pensacola FL. What is the best route? I've looked at GPS and atlas and I'm torn between two routes. Tempted to take the one that's 40 miles longer because it keeps me on the interstate more. My plan: leave here at 0600 Sunday 3/24 and plan to sleep somewhere around the 500-525 mile marker. Leaves me enough time to do a 10 he break and wake up early Monday morning to make the delivery on time. Is this a solid plan?

Posted:  5 hours, 16 minutes ago

Prepass question

Changed the batteries. Have to pass the scale at the I-10 Florida/Alabama line early tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Posted:  21 hours, 17 minutes ago

Axle weight question

. I was 13,500 on steers, 30,000 on drives, and 38,000 on spread axle.

Aside from the overweight aspect. You shouldn't be 1,500 over on your steers with only 30,000 on your drives. Do you have a fixed 5th wheel? If it is adjustable, I would start by moving it back at least 3 if not 4 notches. Just my .02

fifth wheel is fixed

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Prepass question

10/4

Also, it randomly lights up sometimes with no weigh station in sight. Same thing. All three lights. Y'all's do that?

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Axle weight question

Yeah I had a load of 26 palletized steel coils all different weights. I was 13,500 on steers, 30,000 on drives, and 38,000 on spread axle. My first time picking up this kind of load and the guy asks ME how I want it loaded 🤣. I guess I was pretty close. And big Scott, we normally get to bypass too. I haven't been weighed once in my three weeks on the road.

You guess...81,500 pounds? You are overweight on your steers and overall. Did you take it on the road like that?

You are livin’ on the edge.

Oh heck no. I brought that load back to the shipper. Spent 10 minutes and took one pallet off the front end that weighed 2400 I think. Guess I should have said that. Not risking getting a ticket to save time lol.

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Prepass question

Ok so I'm wondering if my prepass is working properly. From what I understand,it's supposed to be: green means go, red means pull in.

But Everytime I pass the sensors I get all three lights illuminated. (Yellow too) They are reading it though because I still get the lighted sign messages : "truck ok to bypass weigh station".

Even when it's just a standard setup weigh station and It says "prepass follow in cab signals" I still get all three lights. I always pull in and always get the bypass lane. What gives? Is that just how it is in a lot of places? Or is mine being weird?

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Axle weight question

Posted:  2 days, 22 hours ago

Axle weight question

Unless otherwise specified it goes by the tire size. Watch out in Mississippi they have the lowest I know of.

What do you mean by size

Posted:  2 days, 23 hours ago

Axle weight question

According to the 2 0 1 9 Rand McNally Atlas Georgia's state maximum weight regulation for steer axle is NS or not specified. Several other states say the same thing. What exactly does this mean?

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Scaling A Load

Had to weigh myself on a scale at the customer meant for gross only. I was able to get all my axles though. 10,500 on steers, 33,000 on drives, and 33,500 on spread. 77k gross

Posted:  1 week ago

Name three things you love about your company

Summerford

1. Sweet home Alabama family feel to the company.

2. Laid back dispatcher hasn't hounded me about being somewhat inefficient in my first couple weeks. Or said anything for that matter. I told him I know I'm not being as efficient as possible and that I'm working on it. He said we'll get there no worries.

3. Great shop and competent lead mechanic. They seem to take pride in their equipment.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Is this flatbed secured legally?

Sorry for late reply.

Turtle, I actually wasn't referring to you about the winch over the tire thing. And thanks for the insight.

Old school, I don't currently have 4 inch ratchet straps on my truck but will be getting a couple.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Is this flatbed secured legally?

I guess my other question is, are belly straps required for this load and if so, am I implementing them properly?

Old school I think this is primarily what you haul correct? Maybe you can weigh in.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Is this flatbed secured legally?

If in doubt, it probably isn’t.

Why no strap over that last set of blocking. Any straps over that longer piece on the bottom where it sticks out front and rear. (Assuming I’m looking at the picture right.)

I didn't put a strap over the rear most blocking because it is directly over my tire. I was told not to do that. Is that incorrect? And for the longest pieces in all the bundles I think I need 4 straps right? Since they are 30 ft and no headerboard?

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Is this flatbed secured legally?

The longer stuff is 30 feet shorter stuff is 27.

0956261001552480672.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

What's with all the DOT?

I85 S north Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia were overrun today. Always like that?

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Would you have stopped sooner?

To those of you who said I did good, thank you. I really needed to hear that after these past two stressful days. This business is not for the faint of heart.

To those of you who said I pushed it too far, you're probably right 😁. I just wanted so bad to do good. From now on, I think I will give myself an hour safe zone or something along those lines. I'm still trying to find my stride.

And I'm off to Suwanee, GA in the a.m. Be safe y'all and thanks for the help.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Nucor steel Darlington SC

Holy smokes. Just spent the past 7 hours here. Is it always like this? 1 hour 20 minutes for my first solo tarp though. I think that's pretty good. In the dark too 😂

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Would you have stopped sooner?

Started my clock around 7:30 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. pickup Apt. Did my pretrip and rolled in the yard at 8:01.

I dont understand this. You had an appt to.pick up from your company yard? Or you got to the customer yard at 0801 for a 0800 appt?

Either way, I would have been to that appt at least an hour early if not much sooner.

Then, you must understand that you do not have to drive X amount of time each day to do this. Every driver here will do it completely differently.

You didnt state when you left after loading. But lets say 1000. You could have driven from 1000 to 1500 (5 hours or 300 miles) then parked until 0100 which would give you 7 hours to drive 320 miles and give you hours to get out of the receiver. However, had you gotten to the yard early, you may have been loaded early and may have had more time.

Many drivers hate night driving but you avoid traffic which allows you to get more miles out of the way.

When you choose to shutdown, you must always make sure you will 1) get your hours back soon enough to make the appt 2) Make sure you dont start too early, or you 14 may be done by the time your appt is.

I had to wait until they opened at 8:00 to get the BOL. At least that's what I was told. Got out of there at 9:00. Was not my company yard.