Profile For NeeklODN

NeeklODN's Info

Company Driver In Training

7 months, 4 weeks ago

NeeklODN's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

NeeklODN's Photo Gallery

Posted:  3 months ago

The Local Thread

Im still confused....but im a blonde lol

Why is the "one year tractor trailer experience" better than 1 yr OTR? If you can't get hired locally without a year, then how do you get hired right out of school?

i went on the sites of the companies listed in the thread and all but UPS says one year required, it says "must meet minimum requirements". SAIA, OD, Estes...all say 1 year.

the fuel tankers say 2 yrs for Tractor trailer and hazmat Coroluzzi, Venezia and others.

So do you just apply everywjere and see who takes you with a new CDL in hand and no training?

Rainy, I literally applied for like 20 local jobs. Most of them turned me down. I was upfront about my experience level but I also graduated with a %96 from school so that also helped me in the interview for my current job. I think it showed that I really wanted this.

Posted:  3 months ago

Cdl road test hazmat crossing

This is the way I was taught :

1. Put right turn signal on and move all the way over to right most lane when clear. 2. Once in right lane put on 4ways 3. As you approach the tracks check for obstructions,clearance and trains. 4. Stop between 50 and 100 feet of the track, roll windows down and look and listen for trains 5. Select proper gear and continue across the tracks without stopping or shifting ***while still watching for trains*** 6. Once trailer crosses tracks, cancel four ways and move back into proper lane.

So you have to check for trains three times. This is the exact verbal I was taught and used to pass the test.

Posted:  3 months ago

The Local Thread

I graduated from TDI on 1/26/18. I was very close to going over the road but happened to see some local opportunities on Zip recruiter. I figured I would call some up and see if they would give me a shot. Ended up getting an offer from a septic company first. Needless to say I was reluctant to take it but would have if I had to in order to stay home more with my fiancé. Soon after that I got an offer from a lumber yard. $17/hr plus plenty of overtime. My last check for two weeks was around $2100. Needless to say, I'm very satisfied. I love my job and it is easy peasy. Don't get me wrong, it gets kinda stressful trying to get into some of these neighborhoods where they are building new homes. I am home every night but it's long hours. 15 hour days sometimes. But it's worth it because I get paid for every second of it.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Be safe out there

Had a close call today....I narrowly avoided an accident. I Was traveling east on I-10 between pensacola and milton florida. I was in my day cab w/ 42 foot trailer loaded down with lumber when a small red toyota traveling westbound lost control and spun out through the median and into the eastbound lanes. I was traveling behind a white GMC pickup. I guess it happened so fast and he couldn't react fast enough and he Tboned the Toyota on the driver side. Luckily I had enough following distance and was able to slow down enough to move safely into the fast lane to avoid the collision. Unfortunately the young woman and the man weren't so lucky. The young lady (18 years old) passed away at the scene and the man (42 years old) was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries. I feel so sorry for these people and their families. If your are passing through there tonight, please say a prayer for them. And most of all, yall be safe. Keep those trucks right side up.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Landed a local job

Congratulations. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Oh yeah big Scott I meant to email you back man I've just been real busy. Thanks yall!

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Landed a local job

Hey guys

Update on me. Just landed a local class A job at a lumber yard. Good starting pay and I'll be On straight truck to start out but will be trained in tractor trailer a little at a time so as to be safe about it. I'm pretty stoked about it actually. Comes with all the bells and whistles too (benefits). Ok y'all keep it right side up now. Peace.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey big scott

Hey big Scott do you have an email address or a phone number where I can text you? I just received an offer from CFI and I have some questions for ya. My email is akidder0726@gmail.com Thanks!

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Watch out

Thanks y'all Check this out though... I'm pretty proud of myself Can't figure out why I only got a 4 for personal appearance though lol

0187471001517030073.jpg

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Watch out

You're looking at the newest class A holder. Big shout out to TT for all y'all do. I'm probably going to wiley sanders. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Posted:  5 months ago

Questions guys/ladys

I appreciate it guys

Posted:  5 months ago

Questions guys/ladys

Hey again people. Update on me: I am in week 2 of 3 at TDI. I got my CLP last Wednesday and I have to say thanks. This is a great site and I had a HUGE head start because of the high road stuff and all the other great info on here. Thanks a bunch. Anyways....

Anyone know the skinny on Total transportation of Mississippi? I got a pre-hire from them. I'm specifically wondering about how Often you actually get home. How is their training program? And yes I have searched the topic up top in the search bar.

Also.....Western express. Is it true that the trainer will sleep most of the time while you drive? I mean I understand the concept of more miles more money but I would like to be actually trained properly. I want to learn the correct way and not teach myself a bunch of bad habits. Any insight would be appreciated.

Again, thanks a lot to Brett and ALL of the Mods here. Y'all are a great thing for the industry. This site is great. Y'all should see the other trucking forums. Bunch of trolls. This site is AWESOME. I made sure to tell everyone in my class to check this place out anytime they had a specific question about a carrier.

-Nick

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

TDI milton florida

Hey all, my name is Nick. Today was day 3 of TDI on Milton florida. I passed my CLP tests today. I plan on posting some blogs on YouTube about my experiences with the school. Check me out. I have one video up already. Quality is not the best but the newer ones will be better. Feel free to ask any questions. Subscribe for more content about the industry and training.

Trucker Nick

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Private driving school

Trucker Nick

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Any experience with moving companies?

You realize that with moving companies, the driver not only drives the truck, but loads and unloads and sometimes has to pack the customers household goods too, right?

Me personally, I'd take a pass on that lol.

Yes I do realize that. I'm only 27 and in decent shape. The reason I ask is because there is a local company called Pensacola moving and storage. Figured maybe I could get home more often for my woman.

Also, thanks for the reply deke.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Any experience with moving companies?

Wondering if anyone has experience with military contracted moving companies. They say they are willing to hire people fresh out of school. Was wondering what to expect. Apparently they run for united van lines.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Lmao this is why we don't use company reviews as tools

What a crock of bleep?! Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) – Nashville, TN – September 21, 2016 A bunch of sorry bleep, son's of bleep, the company is gonna go out of business, writing on the wall, how they lasted this long, divine intervention by the Devi himself!! Pros When you quit or get fired like a breath og fresh air!! Cons The whole thing

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Check this out

We all wish you luck Nick!

Thanks g town

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Check this out

That is the norm for all trucking companies. the entire orientation and training process is an interview. they need to ensure you can safely and with good judgement handle an 80,000 pound 75 ft long killing machine in all sorts or weather and traffic conditions over some really treacherous terrain.

MOST applicants dont make it through orientation, let alone training and a full year.

be glad they are considering you. read some of the posts where people are denied after applying.

good luck!!!

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm not worried about passing through orientation and all that. If I fail that its on me. I just wish there was a way to make sure my criminal back round would go through. Welp oh well. Guess I just have to jump and see what happens.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Check this out

I guess I was hoping they would do the mvr and criminal history checks die at. I told them I was concerned about my criminal history and told them exactly what was on there. They said it wouldn't be a problem I guess I was hoping to get that in writing.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Check this out

I asked for a pre hire letter and this is what I got. This means absolutely nothing lol. Thoughts anyone?

0829736001514559862.jpg0631123001514559888.jpg