Comments By NeeklODN

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0254658001553293564-76109.jpg avatar
  • NeeklODN
  • Comments:

Flatbed weight distribution

I always load my trailer from the center point that's marked. Let's say I have a load of bricks. 25 packs. I would have 12 packs front of center and 13 packs rear of center. When I do this I'm always like 37k on split trailer axle, 27k on drives and ALWAYS maxed out on steers. What should I do differently??? It would seem counter intuitive to move the load forward on the trailer because then my steers would be over correct?

Interesting day with coils

Ok....first time hauling steel coils. Eye to the sky. 2 of them at approximately 20k each. Got them secured and tarped just fine using chain/strap combo. Ran into an interesting situation at the receiver. I pull up in front of the warehouse and the loader tells me to pull around the side and un strap/chain/tarp everything. Ok so I did that. Right before I back in the warehouse, it's starts to drizzle a little. The coils are shrink wrapped and have cardboard on top. This guy makes me sign the bills saying that they got rained on and might be rusted. After he told me to untarp outside....really???

Dispatch was cool because the plastic was wet but the cardboard underneath wasn't to I think the coils made it dry.

Cursed Living in South FLorida

Dang my bad.....misread the post. Kinda exhausted from all this heat.

Cursed Living in South FLorida

G-town supposedly makes a great living at swift pulling Walmart dedicated. Don't trust the online reviews. My opinion is that at least %80 of those are disgruntled FORMER employees who couldn't cut it. You have to pay very close attention to the phrasing in those things.

Prime Upgrade Freeze

If you're going lease (not recommended here) I would team it up and save some cash until you upgrade. You're gonna need it.

Ok to run with no brake lights or turn signal on trailer.

There is a shop in Pensacola that would've come to you at the MM 30 rest area. I'm assuming that's where you were. Knowles on site repair. Great shop

Preventable

Here's an expert tip. Get a wrench and loosen your fm/am antenna so that it's just tight enough to unscrew with your hand (and so that it won't fall off). Never worry about locking your keys in the truck again.

Trucker safety

Oh, you can keep it. I got a new one.

I have your fuel cap.

Someone stole my fuel cap once, does that count? I'm pretty sure I didn't leave it on the step and drive away.....

Trucker safety

VERY Choppy Job History.... Where should I apply?

Just to clarify I wasn't downing all partner type situations. I understand I'll be paired with a trainer for at least 6 weeks. I was more referring to living with someone OTR for the whole year. That's why the OTR doesn't excite me at all.

My objective was to seek advice on companies that may look past my past, understand this is a new career and my job hopping won't scare them away.

As for local OTR smaller companies, yes I could probably get hired by one (fingers crossed) but again it'd be for the whole year living in a box with some dude... Why a year I say because I'm already smart enough to understand newbies must stay with their 1st company for the entire year to show commitment.

Thank you and good luck to all... especially me....lol

There are not many places that you would have to be with a trainer for a year....I think you are misunderstanding. Some as little as 3 weeks, some as much as 6 months. And you're confusing me when you say "smaller local OTR." OTR and local are two different things...

What my dream trucking job?

Old School is the professor emeritus of flat bed trucking, so he should be the one to advise you about the things on your wish list. I think the best career path for any flat bed driver would be to try and imitate him

Old School runs his ass off, I don't think he is home ( or off) every weekend. I may be wrong.

Correct. With the account he is on, not an option.

What my dream trucking job?

Honestly I think the only thing on here hard to find would be the over 48 hours off every weekend. The other stuff seems attainable.

Low underpasses

I usually have no worries 😁. Skateboard life. Cab is like 12'

2019 DOT Blitz

This would be my first year on the road.....is it really that bad? Asking about the Southeast. Our trucks are newer and I always do pretrip so not worried but don't want to get held up a bunch of times....

I have hit the 1 Year OTR mark

Ah ok I see. Actually, my company has HUGE widows for delivery....like a whole day. I Always deliver early though. Anyway don't want o jack his post! Congrats again TMAN!

I have hit the 1 Year OTR mark

Good job tractor supply, I mean Tractor Man. Sorry....

I have a question concerning on time deliveries. My company is smaller and doesn't have the same structure as some of the companies y'all drive for. Ok so you pick up a load and have just enough time to get it to receiver at appt time the next day. Now let's say you hit traffic in a non expected place. Like an accident. Let's say you call and let dispatcher know. Would that count against your %100 on time deliveries?

I survived my 1st year otr

Hey everyone been off a while but have been very busy. Surviving my first year otr. I say it like I did because that’s what it feels like I didn’t make it I survived. It was hard but it got easier as time went along. Still kicking with J.B. hunt and couldn’t be happier. I’ll keep it short for now but just wanted to say thanks to my tt family for helping me get this far. Still accident free and hope it stays that way. Y’all stay safe and I’ll try and pop in more often to say hi!!!

Awesome man, you're in with a smaller percentage being that you didn't have an accident in your first year. Good job

Prescription adderall

Look, I was "diagnosed" with "ADHD" when I was 4.....a toddler. I'm not a big fan of labels. I DO have the symptoms of this disorder to this day. But I haven't been on medication in about 5 years. I took Adderall, Ritalin, pretty much every drug you can name for ADHD. You know what it taught me? How to be addicted to speed. Just saying....I was 4. Adderall is basically pharmaceutical speed.

I FIRMLY believe that once you label it, there becomes a need to medicate it. If it wasn't labelled, it would just be your personality. I have personally improved myself based on sheer will power and hard work. Being accountable for my actions was a big one.

Anyway, now I'm ranting. The whole point of this comment is to say that if used RESPONSIBLY, Adderall doesn't have real negative side effects. If not used RESPONSIBLY however (and it's easy to "just take one extra because I'm sleepy"), it can take you down a dangerous road. Literally and figuratively. Bottom line is, if you take the prescribed dose every day, there should be no impairment on sleep or driving. In my 15 years of experience. I know that this is not even what the post is mainly about and that it's five years old. That's just my .02

A little update on me

You need to get off I-4 before Orlando and run State Route 417. It is a toll road but bypasses Orlando.

Sounds great, but I can only run up $16 in tolls in Florida for any one load. I've already used that up on the way down lol.

The World Is My Dock

That's what I love about my job. So many different types of deliveries. Never want to bump a dock. Gross.