Comments By NeeklODN

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0254658001553293564-76109.jpg avatar
  • NeeklODN
  • 1 year, 12 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucker safety

Oh, you can keep it. I got a new one.

I have your fuel cap.

Someone stole my fuel cap once, does that count? I'm pretty sure I didn't leave it on the step and drive away.....

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucker safety

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

VERY Choppy Job History.... Where should I apply?

Just to clarify I wasn't downing all partner type situations. I understand I'll be paired with a trainer for at least 6 weeks. I was more referring to living with someone OTR for the whole year. That's why the OTR doesn't excite me at all.

My objective was to seek advice on companies that may look past my past, understand this is a new career and my job hopping won't scare them away.

As for local OTR smaller companies, yes I could probably get hired by one (fingers crossed) but again it'd be for the whole year living in a box with some dude... Why a year I say because I'm already smart enough to understand newbies must stay with their 1st company for the entire year to show commitment.

Thank you and good luck to all... especially me....lol

There are not many places that you would have to be with a trainer for a year....I think you are misunderstanding. Some as little as 3 weeks, some as much as 6 months. And you're confusing me when you say "smaller local OTR." OTR and local are two different things...

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

What my dream trucking job?

Old School is the professor emeritus of flat bed trucking, so he should be the one to advise you about the things on your wish list. I think the best career path for any flat bed driver would be to try and imitate him

Old School runs his ass off, I don't think he is home ( or off) every weekend. I may be wrong.

Correct. With the account he is on, not an option.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

What my dream trucking job?

Honestly I think the only thing on here hard to find would be the over 48 hours off every weekend. The other stuff seems attainable.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Low underpasses

I usually have no worries 😁. Skateboard life. Cab is like 12'

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

2019 DOT Blitz

This would be my first year on the road.....is it really that bad? Asking about the Southeast. Our trucks are newer and I always do pretrip so not worried but don't want to get held up a bunch of times....

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

I have hit the 1 Year OTR mark

Ah ok I see. Actually, my company has HUGE widows for delivery....like a whole day. I Always deliver early though. Anyway don't want o jack his post! Congrats again TMAN!

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

I have hit the 1 Year OTR mark

Good job tractor supply, I mean Tractor Man. Sorry....

I have a question concerning on time deliveries. My company is smaller and doesn't have the same structure as some of the companies y'all drive for. Ok so you pick up a load and have just enough time to get it to receiver at appt time the next day. Now let's say you hit traffic in a non expected place. Like an accident. Let's say you call and let dispatcher know. Would that count against your %100 on time deliveries?

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

I survived my 1st year otr

Hey everyone been off a while but have been very busy. Surviving my first year otr. I say it like I did because that’s what it feels like I didn’t make it I survived. It was hard but it got easier as time went along. Still kicking with J.B. hunt and couldn’t be happier. I’ll keep it short for now but just wanted to say thanks to my tt family for helping me get this far. Still accident free and hope it stays that way. Y’all stay safe and I’ll try and pop in more often to say hi!!!

Awesome man, you're in with a smaller percentage being that you didn't have an accident in your first year. Good job

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Prescription adderall

Look, I was "diagnosed" with "ADHD" when I was 4.....a toddler. I'm not a big fan of labels. I DO have the symptoms of this disorder to this day. But I haven't been on medication in about 5 years. I took Adderall, Ritalin, pretty much every drug you can name for ADHD. You know what it taught me? How to be addicted to speed. Just saying....I was 4. Adderall is basically pharmaceutical speed.

I FIRMLY believe that once you label it, there becomes a need to medicate it. If it wasn't labelled, it would just be your personality. I have personally improved myself based on sheer will power and hard work. Being accountable for my actions was a big one.

Anyway, now I'm ranting. The whole point of this comment is to say that if used RESPONSIBLY, Adderall doesn't have real negative side effects. If not used RESPONSIBLY however (and it's easy to "just take one extra because I'm sleepy"), it can take you down a dangerous road. Literally and figuratively. Bottom line is, if you take the prescribed dose every day, there should be no impairment on sleep or driving. In my 15 years of experience. I know that this is not even what the post is mainly about and that it's five years old. That's just my .02

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

A little update on me

You need to get off I-4 before Orlando and run State Route 417. It is a toll road but bypasses Orlando.

Sounds great, but I can only run up $16 in tolls in Florida for any one load. I've already used that up on the way down lol.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

The World Is My Dock

That's what I love about my job. So many different types of deliveries. Never want to bump a dock. Gross.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

A little update on me

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my situation because I come here for advice often. I decided to tough it out instead of quitting and going back local.

I'm coming off two pretty good weeks (more or less 1k gross) and closing out this week strong it looks like. I've been in communication with my dispatcher about my concerns and he's very understanding. He seems to be giving me longer runs now which I love. Hopefully we can keep this groove going for the foreseeable future. Thanks for all the good advice.

Side notes: I-4 Orlando sucks, and I'm currently sitting across from Daytona motor speedway...cool

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Castleton on Hudson Pilot. Tight parking

You won't catch me at that truck stop in my spread axle. I'm sure it could be done but not by me lol.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Fuel gauge or mileage?

I always reset the trip meter when I fuel. My fuel gauge is weird. Sometimes my trip meter will record 500 miles before it dips to half tank. But then it will drop rapidly in the next 200 miles. I usually fuel every day at about half or at the most 650 miles.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

LOW FREIGHT---IS THIS TRUE?

I know that there is a low load-to-truck ratio right now for dry van....too many trucks. Freight is still up but there are too many trucks on the road after the boom last year....

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

My understanding of the split sleeper berth rule

I meant rubber duck, not Jamie what the heck

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

My understanding of the split sleeper berth rule

In his example, once you take the eight, you get the two you had remaining when you go into sleeper. Then, assuming you drive/on duty two hours after, you take the two hour sleepy. After that, you gain back the 8 you had at the start of the cycle. Drive that, then sleep 8, gain 2, then sleep 2 gain 8...etc until you can do a full 10.

Or if you did it like this:

Drive/on duty for 6 hours (5 drive hours remaining) Shut down in sleeper berth for 8 hours which gives you back the 5 you had left. Drive that. Shut down in sleeper berth for two hours. You gain the 6 you used at the start of the cycle. Drive that. Shut down for 8 hours get the five again.....get it Jamie?

Do this until your 70 runs out or you take a full 10

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

11000 lbs one piece

You know, you'd think if it was your job to schedule loads or find a truck to haul a load, you might actually be good at it. Its astonishing how many people go through life sucking.