Comments By NeeklODN

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0254658001553293564-76109.jpg avatar
  • NeeklODN
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

I Have a Rollover. I’m looking for a company that will accept me.

My noob question is, how are ALL rollovers preventable? I mean I can def see taking a turn to fast is preventable but what about other scenarios? What if someone pulls out in front of you and you swerve off into the ditch and roll over?

Posted:  2 weeks ago

A Lesson in Step Deck Load balancing

A week or so ago, I picked up a load from Louisiana Pacific, in Thomasville, AL. The load was 12 bundles of 4x8 osb board. Each bundle weighed approximately 3,750 lbs.

I should have found the center, of the step deck I was pulling. If I had taken the extra few minutes to find center, and do a little math, I would have saved myself 3hrs of extra work. This was my first attempt at loading.

0504636001554674792.jpg0514742001554674839.jpg

Once I got it secured, and took a good look at it, I had a feeling my balance was off. So I told the guy loading, that I was going to go and weigh, before I tarped it. I drove 10 miles to the closest scale, and this was my result.

0984499001554674977.jpg

So I went back, and we re-worked the load, and ended up with this.

0083618001554675109.jpg I decided to go ahead and tarp it, and then weigh in the morning, as I was 30min from hitting my 14hr wall.

0964834001554675249.jpg

Here is my re-weigh

0286103001554675316.jpg

If I had taken the time to actually figure out my math, I would have avoided running out my clock, and been able to get a 100 or so miles up the road. It ultimately didn't effect my schedule, because I did a 34hr once I got to within 20 miles from my delivery. But it could have.

So the center is somewhere close to that fourth strap?

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Game: Name something funny or stupid that happened recently

I hated my trainers Rand McNally gps for the sole reason that it's magnetic mount would not hold. Any decent bump would send the GPS flying, often hitting me.

On one occasion I hit a hard bump in a construction zone. The GPS flew off the mount and struck the engine break on the way down. It bounced off the engine break stalk and then hit the 4 way flasher button. Then bounced off that button and hit my knee right in the joint where a doctor would hit you to test reflexes....

The hit in the knee makes my leg kick the dashboard and go numb a moment.

So there I am suddenly at max engine break with my 4 way flashers on cussing up a storm because I just involuntarily kicked the dashboard and my leg went tingly.

I bought a Garmin with a fixed mount.....

My gosh πŸ˜‚

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Game: Name something funny or stupid that happened recently

NeeklODN, that's crazy! Sometimes stuff happens out here that defies logic and belief.

Yeah old school that was probably the third or fourth time that day I gave up driving forever. No joke

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Game: Name something funny or stupid that happened recently

The same day I ran over a kitchen sink last week something else happened.

Picture this: I have a phone mount on the dash to the right of my steering wheel. My Rand McNally is mounted to the windshield on the left as far as it will go. I had the cord for the gospel wrapped around the phone mount to keep it out of the way.

Stopped at a red light. Light turns green and I start going. Gps comes crashing down to the floor which pulls the phone mount down which hits my key and turns the truck off. Not only that but the key fell out and hit the floor. Once in a million years.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Failed drug test, never done drugs.

Eard years ago eating buns etc with "poppy seeds" can throw a false positive on a test? Don't know for sure. I'd imagine you'd probably have to eat quite a bit of em? Possible got your hands on some laundered drugs cash(far fetched) think residue can get thru skins into the blood stream......However it still sucks that happened to ya. I never used drugs either, never fell for the peer pressure growing up, as most if not all myfriends did whatever they got a confused.gif hold of way back when.

That could cause a false positive for heroin not cocaine. And you would have to eat like several bags of poppy seed buns at once

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Can I back out of Family Dollar account? Swift Transport...

Can you back out? Yes you'll be doing a lot of backing. πŸ˜‚

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

I ran over a kitchen sink!

So it fell out of one of those 2 trucks? I am assuming you exchanged information so your company and get in touch with there insurance carrier?

It fell out of the red pick-up truck. That truck was being followed by the silver SUV. They knew each other. No damage but sink was wedged between acle and the road all bent up. What ****ed me off was the guy in the red truck took off right as I finally got the sink out from under. He pointed to the other guys like I should talk to them. They did not speak English so I just said whatever and left. No damage.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

I ran over a kitchen sink!

Here y'all go. laugh at my misfortune

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Metal Coil endorsement

It actually is still possible to get the Alabama metal coil endorsement. I had to do it for training at current company. Was told it IS NOT required but good training material

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

I wondering the same thing. How do you get the dog in and out? Do you have some kind of ramp? And does he/she ever put you overweight? Lol.

I just pick her on up to get in. And she's able to jump down without too much trouble. Heck if I can lift tarps I can definitely lift her. 😁

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

Yeah, makes sense....mine is a 5 month old golden....he is about 45 lbs.....I have a bit longer before I start my career..just curious as to walking him and all that....but great pics, glad he is able to ride with you.

You just have to get them out for a few anytime you get out. That's all there is really. Just have to find a way without being unprofessional at a customer.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

Hey, it does look a little dreary over there. Just down the road from you is one of my favorite places to take my 34 - Pass Christian - nice beaches, great restaurants, and I can park my truck in a public boat dock's parking lot.

It looks like your buddy is enjoying the break!

Cool I'll have to check it out if I'm ever that way. Course I won't be taking any 34s on the road anytime soon....but maybe for a 10

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

LOL, how is it with a big dog? When I get intro trucking, I won't leave me best friend behind.

She totally is my best friend. She's only about 60lbs. Word of advice if your dog likes to be up in the window: make him/her get down or in the sleeper when you get off the interstate or have to make some right turns. Mine totally blocks my mirrors on that side.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

0263123001554471915.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Dreary day in Gulfport, MS

0013113001554471417.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Need advice

Ok. I talked to them and I was calm and respectful but real. I told them my frustrations and not so surprisingly they understood. I guess from their perspective they didn't have the full picture of what was going on over there and how I was getting jerked around. I feel like they should have been able to tell from my long wait times and all but it is what it is. I left the conversation feeling better and they told me that they would make sure I get the miles I want. Only thing that sucks is my check this week probably is gonna take like a $200 hit or more. I didn't ask about detention pay because 1. Don't want to seem like I want money for free and 2. Because I don't think they even pay it unless the customer does.

All in all I feel better about it.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Need advice

I'm wondering how I should handle this situation.

I've been doing fairly well in my first few weeks on the road, grossing between 900 and 1k a week. Have had loads of all kinds (Flatbed). Early this week I was dispatched to Greenville AL to pick up a pre loaded trailer from a customer who shall not be named. Upon arriving at 9 p.m. the gate was locked and I could see the trailer still sitting there empty. Parked for the night a couple miles away with several hours left on my clock. Woke up at 0600 day 2 so I could be up and ready when dispatch came in for the day. They told me to give Greenville an hour and it should be loaded. Waited 45 minutes and crawled back over there. Not loaded. Guys on that yard are telling me it's supposed to load for tomorrow. I called dispatch and they got back to me after about an hour and told me to run to roberstdale to grab a load heading to ashford. Ok fine. Spoke with the plant manager in Greenville and he said that the empty trailer would be loaded no later than 4 p.m. THAT day. I continued with my current dispatch. Upon arrival in ashford, I was told to deadhead back to Greenville for the next load and that I was pretty much going to be dedicated to that customer from now on. Ok sure whatever works for the company. Arrived in Greenville about 1800 or so. Lo and behold....trailer not loaded. Parked AGAIN with SEVERAL hours left on my clock. Woke up day 3 (today) and drove over at about 0700. Trailer wasn't done getting loaded until 10 a.m. mind you this is only a 280 mile load and has three stops on it. Which is time consuming. So I banged out all three stops by 1700. Send the empty call and haven't received a new load. I'm assuming they are gonna send me back to Greenville somehow when they come in tomorrow.

I feel like delays are just a part of the game but this is particularly egregious right? I'm already scratching and clawing to be as efficient as possible to get the miles I need to get and it doesn't appear I'll get anywhere close to that with this customer. Am I being a prima Donna? I've lost countless hours just in the past three days. Do I say that I don't want to be dedicated to this customer or just shut up and deal? I really have a feeling this week's pay is gonna be crap. My feeling is if I'm gonna be out here away from my fiance and dog then I better be making some cheddar to make up for it. What do I do?

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

NeeklODN: mph & mpg

Cool. Very informative. But TBH....maybe I shouldn't say this but I don't really have an incentive to run that slow. They have us capped at 66 on the cruise. That could mean 80 miles in a ten hour drive (all highway, no traffic). If they instated a fuel bonus, then maybe I would consider something like that but it makes better sense financially for me to run at 66. But anyway, thanks for the explanation.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

DC Beltway

Hitting DC beltway a bit after 9am in the morn, not looking forward to itπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

I used to live up that way. Good luck at that time....gonna be jammed