Comments By Austin P.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig6.jpg avatar
  • Austin P.
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  10 months ago

Prime CDL School, no passport?

You don't need a passport to start.

Oh ok thanks

Posted:  10 months ago

Prime CDL School, no passport?

I'm set to go to Prime's school on the 18th, and I read some people say that you must have a passport, but on their website it says you must have the *ability* to obtain a passport.

So, which is it? If I need to have a passport when I get there, but I don't, what will happen? Thanks for all your guys' help.

Posted:  10 months ago

Prime's additional .20 CPM for teams?

Well first don't assume a team is going to make 5000 miles every week. They'll have good weeks and bad weeks just like everybody else. 6k this week, 3k next, etc. Even on a bad week you still have to split the money with your co-driver.

I'm not telling you not to team. Sure, the potential is there to make some good money. But you have to look at it realistically. Weigh the pros and cons of living a team lifestyle.

Right. Maybe miles per month would be a better way to look at things as far as averages go.

Anyway, my dad and I have been talking about team driving for a while now, and trucking for at least a year will give us both a huge boost from our current financial situations. I totally see how team trucking could be a terrible experience (and it might just be) but we're willing to take that risk, and we could always split off into solo if we start hating each other.

Posted:  10 months ago

Prime's additional .20 CPM for teams?

That's legit, but not really a lot of money when you consider the hassles and inconveniences you'll encounter as a team driver. A good solo driver can make the same money, But hey if teaming is your thing, Prime is a great place for it.

0395169001549371565.jpg

So, how common is it for a solo newbie to gross $1500 a week? From all the rookie horror stories about low pay, it seemed grossing about $75k in your first year was a pipe dream.

Posted:  10 months ago

Prime's additional .20 CPM for teams?

Hey, me here with another question about Prime lol. So Prime says they will pay an additional .20 CPM to teams (on top of .52 CPM) for each mile in over 3,000 miles per week. So that means if you drive 5,000 miles per week, you'll make $3,000 split per week? That sounds almost too good to be true, am I misinterpreting this?

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Switching from LW truck to condo at Prime?

You can do this. They will tell you if one isnt available you will be responsible for the hotel room...but usually one night tops and they dont usually charge you if you if you stay at their motel...which i never do frankly. I pay for a much much better place lol. But econolodge across the street does $66 per night for Prime drivers. Ive had 3 condos...the first two in springfield took only 1 night and i wasnt charged The second took a week as i was coming back from surgery because i was in the PA terminal coming back from surgery. That terminal only gets trucks when people quit or get fired.

Awesome, thank you for your answer!

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Why are the CPM rates different on these two links on Prime?

Https://www.primeinc.com/paid-apprenticeship-cdl-training

Solo Company Driver Rates Refrigerated 42 cents per mile Flatbed 44 cents per mile Tanker 49 cents per mile

Solo Company Driver Rates Refrigerated 44 cents per mile Flatbed 46 cents per mile Tanker 51 cents per mile

Is there a reason they list different CPM rates on these links?

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Switching from LW truck to condo at Prime?

I'm planning on joining Prime as a solo driver, then teaming up with my dad about 6 months down the road. After training, I want to do about 3 months of solo driving with a LW, then switch to condo when my dad joins me. Can I do this, or would I be stuck with a LW for a while?

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Will one MINOR accident prevent me from getting a trucking job?

A little over a year ago, I was pulling out of a parking lot at night, and my mirror hit someone's open door (she left her rear door open, and stepped away to talk to her friends). No one was injured, and the damage was a tiny dent on her door. Nonetheless, the cops were called and I now have that on my record. Will this shut me out from becoming a truck driver?

Posted:  2 years ago

Roehl OTR doesn't travel all 48 states?

CFI has paid CDL training, pet policy ($500 deposit), rider policy, great home time policy, and we go to all 48 states and Canada. I am currently on a run from TN to Reno NV. I have not been everywhere yet, but I have seen the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. This is my sixth month solo. I love it out here.

From reading their job listings, it seems like CFI is now only looking for experienced drivers. Is their paid CDL training uncommon, or am I just looking in the wrong places? Regardless, I will call them up for sure, thank you!

Posted:  2 years ago

Roehl OTR doesn't travel all 48 states?

They just announced it today on Facebook. Non-aggressive, under 40 pounds, shots, and $300 fee.

Wow that news came out just in time lol, that's awesome. I will definitely reconsider them now, thank you so much.

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

Roehl OTR doesn't travel all 48 states?

I'm really enticed to go with Roehl Transport because of their pet policy and paid CDL training, but I've read that they basically only stay in one part of the country? Can anyone elaborate on this please?