Profile For Indalecio

Indalecio's Info

chicago, IL

Rookie Team Driver

1 year, 9 months ago

Indalecio's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Being a trainee at Prime is an awful experience.

Lol. If a mod could delete this thread due to the improper title that's be great. Thanks

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Worried Prime training

I seriously hate when these old grizzled veterans come on here and quickly throw around"trucking is not for you,"simply because we complain about something. Anyone who is trucking is trying to make a living and the last thing anyone needs is some non caring huge bear telling every rookie that the only person suited for trucking is them themselves. This toxic behavior needs to stop.

Trucking is a lifestyle that can be suited to anyone.

I don't think trucking is a good career choice for you at this time. It seems you can't afford to be away from home for weeks at a time. You also, need thicker skin. In trucking if everything goes your way today, it may not tomorrow. You have to be flexible and be able to stand up for yourself. Good luck. I hope your child is ok.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Being a trainee at Prime is an awful experience.

First let me say,

Prime itself is an excellent company. Never seen a company so willing to do things just to make it's employee's a little hapier. The problem is not them, it's the fact that there last phase of training forces you to share a truck with a random owner operator for two months.

It is awful.They don't care about their own health and make no time to do anything for it. I will want to take 45 min to exercise but he doesn't want to make time for that due to the load being due, but then will sit on the phone talking for an hour while doing nothing.

I've informed him numerous times that I can't sleep when the heat is blasting, but he blast it anyway. Then when it's my turn to drive he'll turn off my a/c and make me drive with heat on. So I'm sleepy from being overheated at night and miserable while driving also.

Curses constantly and I hate profanity. Talks to me like a child, even though he drives awful swerving and hitting lines. I rarely do that.

There are so many things, but I'm afraid to get a different trainer because he could be worse, because my psd trainer was worse . He actively TRIED to make me miserable including trying to coerce me into drinking and smoking, neither of which I do.

I'm only two weeks in and im wondering if I have the strength to make it another 2 months will dirty arrogant trucker aholes.

Ugh

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Should I go?

Thanks, you have helpful replies. I'm probably just feeling a little over anxious due to such a life changing career move. The grass is always greener and there is no guarantee Maverick would be better.

I actually think prime has put together a great process, and all of the instructors are very personable. I'm fairly determined to stay at prime for at least a year, more than likely two, then re-evaluate.

Just a little antsy.

Ah. so you just completed orientation, not any sort of training. You have $200 advanced on your Comdata card for food etc.

My last SIM class was on Friday and I met my CDL instructor on Tues. Hang at Ptime East doing pretrips. Meet people at Millenium and ask around.

good luck.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Should I go?

No I meant permit training. I'm waiting to receive a cdl trainer. I have been engaged and out and about. I wasn't lazy or I wouldn't have done so well in my exams. I do pretrips every day. I am always where people tell me im supposed to be.I understand what you're saying, though.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Should I go?

Hello,

So here's the thing. I successfully completed prime's training program and am now waiting for a trainer. I watched as people who were late completing their simulations and failed their permits multiple times receive a trainer almost instantly. I passed everything the first try and was among the first to ace simulations.

I am however, black, while the students snatched up are 100% white. So under there circumstances, it's a little hard not to feel discriminated or preferenced against. Normally I don't feel this way but a bus driver began taking about black people pretty much in my face, and another older white couple began making jokes about black genitalia on the shuttle, again in my face. Then I realized that Missouri might not actually like us. In Walmart they look at me as if they've never seen a black person.

So Maverick is offering me training right now, and God knows I'm tired of sitting in this hotel room not learning how to drive, a few days away from having no meal card. Seems pathetic really.

Should I just go Maverick, or continue to tough it out and hope it gets better?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I ship off to Prime today. I have never been so nervous.

Hey, you gotta pay off that free lunch somehow! Lol.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I ship off to Prime today. I have never been so nervous.

So the grey hound ride was completely the worst thing ever lol. Not doing that again. I'm less homesick than I was a few days ago.

Passed cdl permit test on first try due to the high road program. Did exceptionally will on Sims. Gonna meet company owner Friday and be with instructor in today by Saturday.

Man, moving really quickly. But overall just really grateful

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I ship off to Prime today. I have never been so nervous.

This forum is awesome, thanks guys! I actually do feel better. Yes I'm currently doing the high road training, it's really good. I got this.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I ship off to Prime today. I have never been so nervous.

I'm leaving to begin paid CDL training with Prime Inc and I have never been so nervous!

This is a life changing decision.

I will not see anyone I know for a long time, and very sporadically after that. I have a son whos 7 and I love, and he will miss me greatly. What if I get there and something from my application disqualifies me, and then I don't have enough money to get home? What if my blood pressure gets too high from lack of sleep on this huge bus ride with 8 layovers?

This is a decision that has the potential to change my life for the absolute better, but when I look at my bed, I know I will miss it. And the showers. I will be 1000's of miles from home. The truck could break down. Ill be stuck in a truck with some smelly trainer for 3 months. Geez.

Yet I am DETERMINED to make it work. I HAVE TO. Its been too long coming, for me not to succeed.

Someone make me feel better.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

New to trucking and started with Prime inc.

Did you have to fill out a more detailed application and add references and emergency contacts when you arrived? More detailed him history etc

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Flatbed LIFESTYLE vs Tanker LIFESTYLE. (detailed questions inside)

Thank you for that detailed response and the links! I will look at them closely!

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Flatbed LIFESTYLE vs Tanker LIFESTYLE. (detailed questions inside)

One last thing: I prefer to sleep at night and drive in the day, just to keep my circadian rythyms healthy. I am also not much of a people person, so id prefer the one with the LEAST amount of human interaction. Thanks!

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Flatbed LIFESTYLE vs Tanker LIFESTYLE. (detailed questions inside)

Hello,

I am shipping off to Prime CDL school this saturday and though I asked for tanker division, I want to make sure my decision fits the kind of lifestyle I prefer so a few questions.

1.) Between the two, what times are normal pickup and dropoff hours?

2.) What are the deadlines like, between the two choices? Like does one give a "three hour window" for delivery and the other is pretty much just "the soonest you arrive?"

3.) I like to pray about 5 times a day, and each prayer takes about 5 minutes. Which division would allow for five ,5 minute stops scattered throughout the day with maybe 3-4 hours between them?

4.) When docking and unloading and picking up material, what is the process like? For flatbed how does it generally go? is there downtime? For tanker, how does it go? what kind of downtime?

5.) I am a fitness nut, and exercise 6 days a week, with one day of rest. Which division would give me about 30 minutes to an hour each day for a run, or weight lifting, inside or next to the truck?

6.) Please give an example of the day of a life of a tanker, and a day of the life of a flatbedder, and tell me what you liked and disliked about each division.

I know this is a lot, but all of your inputs will be REALLY HELPFUL! Thank you!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

Of course Swift decides to throw me another IMMEDIATE option to come with them next week for the flatbed division. As if my decision making wasn't already confused enough.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

Well it looks like Prime Flatbed is where I'll start and then move over to Tanker at a later time. Thanks all!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

Thank you. I may indeed take you upon your advice and simply go tot he flatbed division with prime this December, or wait for maverick to call me in jan/feb, as I do not wish to sabotage my career by crashing a tanker lol. Your advice has been thoroughly helpful either way. I will likely just go to Prime, because I really need to kickstart my finances and can't afford Maverick's waiting period.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Indalecio,

I very much respect an individual who actually follows their beliefs. Too many people pick and choose what they want and don't want to follow which is very wrong. Its a shame.

I wouldn't ever recommend tanker for a rookie. I think you'll be fine no matter what trailer you have. Companies do respect the drivers personal religion. I have met plenty of muslims who refuse to haul pork and/or alcohol for example.

It will hurt your wallet and you may have to pass a load here and there which may result in sitting for a day until a load becomes available. But don't let money become your goal.

Either way, Prime's tanker division rarely does alcohol. They do a lot of cooking oil, syrup, chocolate from what I heard when I worked there.

Good luck my friend.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

I talked with a guy in the Prime tanker division and he said those west coast runs for wine are very rare, and that by staying regional I could avoid those deliveries if they know ahead of time, about my beliefs. I have considered flatbed just to have 0% chance of carrying anything like alcohol, but then people say that if volume for flatbed is slow, they put you on dry van, which may very well contain it.

So it's like I can't win for losing. Tanker is a lower chance it seems like, but flatbed is an option. Ultimately as long as my creator sees me making an effort to do the right thing, he will forgive me if I have to deliver it once in a blue moon and "take one for the team."

Such is life.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

I am scheduled to start with Prime tanker CDL training in december, is what the recruiter told me.

One last question:

Is the tanker division of PRIME robust? Will I get plenty of miles or is it one of their less focused divisions? I don't want to ever have to pull a dry van, for any reason. Thank you!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucking company that hires for tanker directly out of CDL school?

Such good advice. I will go ahead and apply to Roehl and Swift flatbed, and just go with the soonest option. Coincidentally, stevens tells me I can come to school RIGHT NOW, but they don't allow flatbed. Sigh.

Roehl has their own school. Actually in the Atlanta area and they DO have a flatbed division.

If you chose to attend a private school, McElroy is an excellent flatbed company, but they don't have their own school. You have more options than you may realize.

I highly encourage you to be more open to other companies if the school waiting list at Maverick is too long. For funding for school, it might be as easy as visiting your local unemployment office to get funding for a private/community college course using WIOA (federal) funding grants. Company Sponsored schools are awesome, but a quality private school may expand your options.