Profile For Paul A.

Paul A.'s Info

2 years ago

Paul A.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

I'm not there, i left last week.

IMVHO you could ask clarifications to whomever you want, when and if it comes down to a legal battle (unlikely i admit) what matters is what's on the contract in writing.

If you can ask a student to look at theyr PSD Forms on a computer, it should be the last on the bottom, I'll be glad to know what you think, as i said berore i might have overreacted.

GTown said: We see way too many people come through here with huge regrets they signed something they had no clue about and end up financially obligated to pay off their debt.

Exactely, if i don't mistake a few weeks ago someone was complaining about the deal he had with Roehl i believe, it was pointed out to him that HE was the one who sign the contract so he really had no room for complaining if he didn't read it.

As far as Splitter comments, i respect your point of view. Me? I'm not trying to prove anything or impress anyone, everyone has a different situation in life, there's no one single answer for all.

Again, thank you for your help, everyone has a different point of view and that helps a newbie form his/her own opinion.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

That was for Rainy.

Ice, yes what is there to explain? I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, honest question.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

Sure, as i said, the lady herself there said it used to be only a year so things change over time, i don't doubt you don't have it in your contract, they might be catching up to something that was goig on and add it, I'm not trying to stir stuff against Prime or challange anybody, i read it, my roommate read it and my wife did too so it is there.

Wether we misunderstood it or not, i don't know, they don't give you much time to think about it but we all got the same basic impression on what it meant.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

Something is missing. I cannot believe a contract with such a broad range would be a stipulation.

I can see that but, monday you go there, 80 persons, everything's kind of rushed, schedule review for the week, fisical, drug test, agility test, fill papers, and they tell you they know that you ll forget most of what they tell you, too much stuff all together.

Now, i made through ok, done everything, went to the DMV on Tuesday and got the permit with tank endorsement on the first try ( TT High Road Program)thank-you-2.gif and you have to go through i think about 30 or so modules on the computer on hour own time, and they must be done by Wednesday night.

Now, it sounds worst than it is, really, by Wednesday night you can be all done, couple of days to spare, thing is, in between the human trafficking and safety modules they put the contracts and no compete clause, they are very hard to read and if you don't pay attention you won't know you sign it.

Again, i might have overreacted but ...

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

Hi, it said that after you leave Prime you can't go to a company that interferes directly with Prime's network, and it did not specify that to be only for the first year because you, (the trainee) ,recognize what a good value the training is. I personally asked for clarifications to the lady at the training/computer room after i read it and she answered "yes, i believe it used to be a year".

Sounds to me like that leaves a lot of room for them to play with, they might not enforce it if i stay a year and leave in good terms but i wasn't willing to chance it.

It is on the recruiter for not mentioning it anyway, i can't say anything bad about Prime, they did what they promised, got me a permit, training on the sim, a room and food.

So i didn't feel comfortable with that and the fact that you need to sign a release that basically states that in the first month of road training, the trainee, not being a hired employee yet, is on his own should something (accident) happen, and i came back home. Just call your recruiter and let her know they told me at the orientation office, nothing else required.

I now have another problem, my local DMV said i need to wait for the actual new MO license to change residence back to my state, they won't use the temporary license i got in Springfield. I called and emailed my recruiter to see if they'll mail it to me but i haven't heard from her yet, do you guys know how that works?

Thank you for the comments guys.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Question about Prime

There is a clause on their contract that states that after you leave Prime, you cannot work for another commercial carrier that directly encroach with the stuff they carry for two years. They carry a lot of different stuff! Rainy? Others? Does it mean that if or after you leave them you can't work as a driver anywhere else?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Another fun question

Thanks for the help everyone, i'm supposed to head to orientation in a few weeks and my doctor's office sent me a reminder that my colonoscopy is coming up.

Does anyone knows if the anesthesia medication is going to be a problem for the drug test?

I can postpone for a year I guess.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Reefer Tips for rookies

Rainy D, do you get trained by Prime on all these side duty for reefer? I just got accepted for orientation there.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Company breaking their own Contract

Hi Simon, I was in a similar situation years ago, different field.

As far as I can remember, it's been a long time so don't quote me, even if you signed a non compete contract, if it is the company that terminates you, they can not prevent you from going some other place to make a living for yourself and your family, it is your right.

Obviously YMMV and all that, but there is a gray area there, the question is can you afford to fight this company in court if it gets to that.

Best wishes

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Quick question please.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Quick question please.

"Drivers will be placed with a company trainer for a minimum of 15,000 miles under dispatched loads before being routed through their home state to complete the CDL testing process." This is from the Millis Trans review here on TT. Just trying to understand how it works. Do you get routed home after the exam was completed to transfer the papers? Thank you again.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Quick question please.

I see that some CDL company sponsored schools do your pre trip/skills/driving exam on location while others send you to your home state to do it. Now, in my state, when you take the test you have to provide (rent) the vehicle, and it's expensive. Does anyone knows if companies send you home with their own truck so you can use it for the exam ? Thank you for the time, this place is very helpful.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Speak Directly With A Recruiter From PAM/Driver Solutions

@Paul C. - . If we are unable to get you on with PAM, we will see what other opportunities we have for you.

Hi Derek, does this mean that you can place someone who graduate from your school with other companies also ? How does it work?

Thanks

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

A Little PSA

RI is so easy to bypass.

I 395

When the truckers won't go thru the state anymore taxpayers will have to pay for those gantries.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Reminder to keep following distance and pay attention

How do i properly insert a link? I've serched but can't find anything. Thanks

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Reminder to keep following distance and pay attention

This was in the local news a few days ago, no ice i believe, distracted driver.

Identity of man killed in I-91 crash in Longmeadow released

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

(Old) new guy

Thanks G.Town, I did apply to other companies as well. I'm looking at Roehl and Prime right now. I'm taking my time because i started the TT high road training program and I realize I need time to absorb everything and pass the CDLP test and some companies want you to get the permit before you head to school.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

(Old) new guy

RI

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

(Old) new guy

I just spoke on the phone with a Swift recruiter and, long story short, he said that I can't attend Swift's Academy, i would have to move to the state where the school is. Is this new?

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Truck Accident in Cali

This thread is a bit old but i was researching Stevens after reading an ad they posted here locally. After reading the OP first comments i was ready to cancel Stevens off the list, what a precius source of knowledge you guys are for new people approaching trucking. Thanks for taking the time to explain how things work on so many different aspects of this trade.