Profile For Jamie

Jamie's Info

AR

Rookie Solo Driver

9 months, 1 week ago

Jamie's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 day ago

New to truck driving and nervous

What is a “trans woman”? Is that short for transportation? Never heard the term before.

Welcome to the forum!

You just mad my whole day! rofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 day ago

Emt trailers

If you do a thorough pre trip you'll never take a loaded trailer when it's supposed to be empty. Part of your pre trip is ensuring the backdoor opens, closes, latches, and is sealed correctly.

Not to.mention making sure the walls are intact and no insulation exposed.

And no holes in the roof

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Emt trailers

One of our beer places is notorious for using our trailers as pallet storage. all of the other companies drivers just opened the doors and kicked them into the parking lot. hmmmm...

im not saying what i did but i did get my empty lol

Some Walmart DCs I've been to was bad about pallet storage.... To bad it was full front to back, so I couldn't do anything like that not that I would but who knowsconfused.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 day, 3 hours ago

Emt trailers

I always verify that a trailer is empty before taking it, I usually backup under it(not all the way yet) and during my first walk around to look for any obvious damages I open one door to visually see it's empty, as I have came across trailers that said it was empty but it had damaged freight in it.

Posted:  1 day, 3 hours ago

Why do student truckers take Greyhound to school?

I didn't ride on a greyhound for school or anything since I lived close by but my experience with greyhound is nothing but good other then the long ride, but I never experienced anything bad.

Posted:  2 days, 3 hours ago

OUCH, driver.

Although I have had to fight with the door while trying to open or close it in strong winds, I hope this never happens to me. shocked.png

Some comment said the guy was reportly fine, let's hope so!

Posted:  2 days, 3 hours ago

OUCH, driver.

That's why I don't unhook the door besides when I'm ready to close it and I noticed a lot of Schneider trailers having some type of wire people add to add extra security to the little hook.

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Question for Schneider drivers

Thank you for the good luck and it was done before orientation. I'm scheduled to leave Monday for orientation. And this is the first time it's ever been high

Schneider sent you to get the DOT physical and not the school or anything? If so then that's different then how the West Memphis OC handled it. shocked.png

But some people did have their physical on day one. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck and keep us updated!

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Question for Schneider drivers

This was done through Schneider already this isnt one I paid for. Would they still give me another when i get there ?

Did you get it during orientation or during school to obtain your CDL?

Not sure if you already got your CDL or not, if the physical was done while in school then the first day of orientation you'll get another one.

But if it was done during orientation and you didn't get sent home, then that's s good sign so far. But I would suggest trying to get your BP under control if it's a common problem for you.

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Question for Schneider drivers

They'll give you another DOT physical when and if you get there, I had a buddy get sent home due to high BP. I don't remember how high it was, but they was sending him home to come back another time to get tested. But he was a bigger guy, he ended up going to Swift and then left there shortly after and last I heard months ago he worked at JB Hunt.

Posted:  2 days, 17 hours ago

Info on Western Express

Im not with that company but i pickup and deliver many of the same places i am home every weekend i live about smack dab in the middle of ny in southern adirondacks the only thing i can say is starting your carreer as a northeast regional driver is no picnic theres no parking terrible roads old shipper and receiving buildings not built for 53’ trailers low bridges bad weather and then theres nyc boston philly and all of nj that being said i love it here byt i honestly dont think a company starting someones carreer here is setting them up for success id suggest goin otr for 1 yr get comfortable with a truck then come tackle the northeast

I'm supposed to be OTR with Schneider and spend basically all my time in the North East, terrible. rofl-1.gif

If you aren't parked before 4-5pm, its hard to find parking at least legal spots. But I usually get lucky or pay for a spot.

I remember when I went down south the first time, whole different experience. rofl-3.gif

Posted:  2 days, 18 hours ago

Info on Western Express

Home time for most regional drivers usually means getting home once a week for a 34 hour reset then you're expected to be back afterwards, so I hear. I'm OTR.

Posted:  3 days, 1 hour ago

Trying To Deal With My Driver Manager

Would it surprise you if I told you I might go for weeks without even talking to my DM? You have been at this long enough to know what to do and how to do it. Your DM needs you to communicate with them through your quallcomm or whatever system you are using. It's way more efficient for them than having you wait on the phone forever to ask a question.

That is very good advice, I usually go a few weeks at a time without talking to my DBL aka dispatcher. I can usually figure everything out on my own and really only have to call if I need an answer right away or I'll send a message in if I can wait for the answer.

Every now and then my DBL might call me up to check in on me to see how I'm doing and has mentioned a few times how I'm doing a great job. rofl-3.gif

Although Schneider doesn't always connect you to your DBL even when you so call, sometimes you might talk to another person but everyone is able to help you unless it's a specific question for your DBL. Now I'm just rambling on!

Posted:  3 days, 7 hours ago

Good youtube trucking channel

Here is the link to my favorite YouTube trucker. Super positive. Vasiliy Agiy

That and Trucker Josh are the only two YouTubers I can watch about trucking. I seen Vasiliy is coming back to trucking soon.

Posted:  3 days, 15 hours ago

APU and air conditioning

The problem is, states, and even cities are becoming more and more hostile to idling.

A lot of places don't enforce the idling laws while some are very strict.

Posted:  3 days, 15 hours ago

APU and air conditioning

BTW, Jamie, what exactly do you have on your truck?

I have an APU and inverter, absolutely love it. Plus I've put the TV to use by watching king of the hill or something every night before bed. rofl-1.gif

Posted:  3 days, 16 hours ago

Uxbridge Massachusetts

The DC there? I picked up there a few times going yo New York. If it's the same place I'm thinking of, huge open area, smooth check in and they offer parking outside the gate.

Posted:  3 days, 22 hours ago

I40 tn

Dang, lucky I'm not going to through there until tomorrow.

Posted:  4 days, 11 hours ago

Hey new here

1. DO NOT FLOAT THE GEARS.

It depends on the state, in Arkansas you're allowed to float gears if you can do so without grinding them. Before you can, you got to show you can double clutch. At least that is what I was told when I was in school and I did float gears a bit during my test by accident, and nothing was ever said.

Posted:  4 days, 20 hours ago

I found out the secret

Uh, don’t believe that computer or any dash gauge.

I never know what to believe since my truck always say it's higher then what my Qualcomm says.