Comments By Mikey B.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0420678001549976913-81694.jpg avatar
  • Mikey B.
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Accident as company driver, now being sued personally

You need to speak with a lawyer. Do not trust anything we say as we are not lawyers. Id suggest you contact one ASAP. I don't know what can or cannot be done as far as a personal case against you but a good lawyer will.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

How to handle discrepancy with pay from employer

Did it not occur to you that a simple call to payroll could clear things up? Seems the lack of communication goes both ways.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western Express as a company?

I'm not trashing the company but Knight is brand new to flatbed and will not offer you the proper training you will need. All inexperienced drivers should avoid Knight flatbed division!!

Bwahahaha, I'm not bashing them...but....my 2 months experience is enough to tell you they suck and ALL prospective drivers should avoid them like the plague.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? I doubt it.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western Express as a company?

Hello Bobby, as for Western Express, they are a solid company that takes great care of their equipment. The only downside to them IMHO is their pay is on the low end. Flatbed pays more than dry van. They will however give a second or third chance to drivers with accidents, felonies or other issues. They are more lenient with new drivers for newbie mistakes as well.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Sleeper Berth...on a customer site?

I would opt for off-duty myself but as G-Town says, sleeper berth works but you must actually be in the sleeper berth, not sitting in the front seat.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

How to gain experience when I have none

I've got my CLP and test with the DOT later this month.

You'd think it'd be easy to find someone here who would allow me to drive with them to gain some experience that way too (I expect to pay that individual for their time and truck use too)

Anyways, thanks again!

Not really, its extremely difficult to find someone to do that. Its a huge ask first off and most people here are company drivers so they cannot let you ride along without registering you with their company and definitely can't let you train in their companys truck. The handful of O/Os also have insurance issues as well as a huge daily loss (upwards of $1000-$2000) for helping you instead of driving.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Final numbers 2021

0681479001641245520.jpg

This is for 8 1/2 months. 4m 3w as company driver, 3m 3w as LP.

Oh, almost forgot, I also had 3 months at WE but don't have access to my earnings from them until I get a w-2. Id guess around 12-14 K from them.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Final numbers 2021

0681479001641245520.jpg

This is for 8 1/2 months. 4m 3w as company driver, 3m 3w as LP.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

The importance of three points of contact

Holy shizz!!

I saw a guy at polar water in Maine try to go out facing outward, hit the ground. He was shaken but ok and learned a valuable lesson (an older guy nonetheless), not long ago I watched a woman getting in a car hauler in NYS, hit the ground. She quietly got up and climbed in. A minute later I told her husband to make sure she was ok as he didn't see it happen.

My dog has broken 3 nails off after catching them in the holes on the step, I finally put a boot cleaner pad on so they can't catch anymore.

Getting in and out is deceptively dangerous and way to many people become complacent doing it.

Glad you are doing better.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Good Morning!

Anne... he’s already been banned. KandyMan in disguise.

Yep. In the last thread where he was "hacked" by his brother Turtle said "Surely he'll be back, trying to pull a Fast one.." and here he is as Fast Freddy. Lmao, you can't make this stuff up!!! Well, WE can't, obviously HE make all of it up.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

He decided to try and f:;k w me once again.

Might I recommend using KY.

I say again, WTF is up with the posters lately? Its like everyone in the asylum has been given access to a computer and only has TT available.

Don't worry Kandyman, in the future it won't be, "Why KERRY me? Or "Dont Kerry the next guy! It will be "You need to stop or we will Kandyman you" Kerry was just an argumentative Ahole troll, I think you are literally in an asylum or 12 years old. Your tales are more out there and outlandish than Todd, this sites resident troll.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Broke my truck and other c**p

Man, I feel your pain, especially with the changing trucks thing. What a chore. It should be a two man job, but usually no one is available to help.

Get through this and hopefully it’s a nice downhill drive going forward.

The company should supply a moving helper!! I also HATE moving. I've moved into 4 trucks in the last year. One with last company and 3 with current. Since I went LP I should be good for a LONG time though. I had to do with with the help of my dog, but she's obviously lazy and just got in the way...lol.

It always takes me at least 4-6 hours or so to swap.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

Sounds like fun!!

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

A little trucker joke

0130535001640928451.jpg

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Rolling Road Blocks and Covert Highway Harassment

0093942001640903145.jpg

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Can wind move a trailer?

You may also hear the black plastic pieces on the bat wings between the cab and trailer rattling or popping in the wind. That will also get you up until you realize what it is.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

PETA sticker

Depends on the vandalism. That however is not vandalism, thats pure funny.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have any information on Killpack trucking?

You best get those miles guaranteed in writing. 3400 per week = 13,600 a month. That's a tremendous amount so I'm skeptical that this would be seen consistently.

Or even promised to a rookie by ANY company for that matter.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Looking for a good paying, honest company

Rich, I Googled GP transco and came up with this. They run approximately 400 trucks.

0881360001640811887.jpg

I have found most recruiters to be quite open and honest about what they provide and expect. In most cases the recruit hasn't paid attention and thought more was promised. In your case I'd ask you to look honestly at why you only get 2000 miles per week. It may well be thats all you are currently capable of running. It is to the companies advantage to run you as many miles as they can so them being the problem is not likely. You most likely are doing something wrong. We will never really know since we only have one side of the equation here. Self reflection is my advice to you, if in fact you are the problem then changing companies will not help you. Every time I hear a story like yours the story teller is at fault for the lack of miles or income.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Advice for my CDL test

John, you've made two posts and already none of us want you here.

It was my observation that the administrator of the school I attended only gave personal extra training time to the females in the class. It's just human nature

For you, it comes naturally, so you assume it must come naturally to everyone else. We all think that our way of seeing the world is "normal." So whatever we think, we assume most others think the same way. So you just gave yourself away. You're the type that would chase the pretty ladies and give them extra favors. Don't assume that about others.

We also tend to find what we're looking for. You expected the instructor to treat the ladies better, because that's what you would do, so confirmation bias clouded your judgment when you saw a lady getting help. Maybe she actually needed more help. Maybe she got the same. But you saw exactly what you expected to see.

Agreed, great insight on John. Everytime I see a post like John here i just cringe. People that do that think it is a compliment but others reading or hearing it get that cringy, creepy vibe. Ask any female waitress if she takes these types of comments as a compliment or if it makes her feel a creep vibe from the guy saying it. This is not a dating site and in the modern #MeToo era these comments are not warranted and could eventually land you in trouble. Even i i was thinking it i sure wouldn't say it. Not to mention John's comment completely devalues all of the hard work and energy Shantiwa has put forth in learning and doing what she has in order to get to this point, making it as though she has only succeeded thus far based on looks. John, if you can't understand why you shouldn't say crap like that then just stop commenting online and please, don't ever talk to your waitress. I'm sure you "didn't mean for it to be taken like that" but thats how most other people take it, not a compliment just creepy and demeaning.