Profile For JoAnne EC

JoAnne EC's Info

Sherwood, OR

Considering A Career

JoAnne EC On The Web

2 months, 3 weeks ago

JoAnne EC's Bio

Worked in healthcare x 11 years now and totally burned out. Ready for a change and have wanted to drive a truck for years now. Can't wait until I can make it happen!

Also - I suck at the "quote" feature on the forum; cut me some slack =D

JoAnne EC's Photo Gallery

Posted:  3 hours, 23 minutes ago

Memphis Bound!!!

I just received a call from my Swift recruiter that I am scheduled in the February 4 class for training. Swift here I come! So excited and nervous at the same time.

SO excited for you! Congratulations and all the best!! dancing-banana.gif

Posted:  3 hours, 25 minutes ago

Snow expected from Utah to Idaho

My mentor is a lease op so he might let it go. He doesn't talk unless I ask questions. He has his beak in his phone almost 24 hours a day.

Very frustrating.

That sounds super frustrating (and kinda dangerous?); sorry to hear that, Raptor. Are you now getting some valuable time behind the wheel? Hope that part is going well. Stay safe out there! =)

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

To Ease Your Mind About Winter Driving...

SO GLAD you posted this. I have wondered / worried about this as well.

Posted:  3 days, 12 hours ago

Drive time for student

Hope things are going smoothly, Raptor! =)

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

Encountered today..

That's so cool! Beautiful picture too; thanks for sharing! =)

Posted:  4 days, 14 hours ago

On the way to school... The adventure begins!

So excited for you!! Congrats!

Posted:  4 days, 14 hours ago

Pop quiz mostly for newbies

Riding too low?

Posted:  6 days, 12 hours ago

Discussion on Roundabouts

We have several multi-lane traffic circles here too. They are a pain in the ass because for every one person who knows how to properly drive through them (and I'm talking us four-wheelers), there are fifteen people who have no clue! I get the purpose of them but I'd rather have a regular intersection any day!

Posted:  1 week ago

Passed my CDL

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great job; we're all so happy for you! dancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 week ago

Lot Lizards.

I usually tell them I need to check with my husband first.

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

So... people will come knock on your door when you're parked? That sounds sketchy all the way around...

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Almost done trainer phase

That's awesome! Keep up the great work! =)

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Can't get hired due to government shutdown.

The background checks are done! I go to DOT Foods Tuesday for a third and final interview, road test, written tests, physical, etc.. If all goes well, I'll finally be driving for money very soon.

Congrats! That's awesome!! smile.gif

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Truck parking during home time

I Checked with my local city ordinance, and they played bobtail parking...always check๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ours says you can park on the streets (bobtail) from 6am - 11pm but not in between.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

I have an orientation date at Wolding!

Congrats, Grumpy; that's AWESOME!!! All the best! dancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Waiting in Lancaster

Love the updates, Raptor! Hope today goes smoothly for you guys =)

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

The Ego Becomes The Downfall Of Many CDL Students: New Article By G-Town

Fantastic read, G-Town! Very well written, very informative; along with being successful drivers, there are a lot of talented writers here!

Not to sound full of myself, as I am QUITE the opposite, but I have always been a good learner and being teachable and taking instruction well are strong points for me. I am SO eager to get started and being patient over the next 3 years is going to be a huge challenge. But I am so excited that I have this big, scary, eye-opening, challenging, rewarding adventure to look forward to.

Thank you to everyone who writes the articles on TT. The information is invaluable! thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

It's all about your attitude!!!

You may also get the trainer who expects you to run max miles on your shift, while they slack off on their's. All in all, there shouldn't be a major difference in the overall training times. 7-9 weeks is the norm, but can run a little higher.

Thanks Turtle. That sounds like the perfect amount of time!

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

It's all about your attitude!!!

Remember the 30k miles requirment is team truck miles. It took me 2 months to run my last two students and even with the holidays and my truck repair my current trainee is at 15k in 4 weeks. The harder you run the faster you upgrade, but the more exhausting and frustrating it can be as well.

Im too old to run 6000 miles a week so i slow it down a bit and try to allow us to relax and enjoy.

Rainy, that made a question pop in to my head - How much say does a trainee have on the pace they run with their trainer? For example, if one student is really getting it down and doing very well, will most trainers just say "go for it" as long as you're doing things right? And, on the other hand, if a student is more cautious and takes a little longer to get the feel for everything, are most trainers fairly patient and will allow the pace to be slowed a bit? Obviously there will be variables but just as a generalization? Thanks!

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Stuck in Victorville

JoAnne

Yes I have the house to myself. At first after he left, I sat in the driver's seat and just thought now what do I do. I knew I was going to do laundry, take a shower and clean. But then what? Anyway, too much thinking. Not that we talk all that much anyway.

Well it sounds like you had a decent night so that's all that matters! =)

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

This... I'm completely stunned. 2nd year in a row

Congrats; that's so great! Nice work =)