Comments By JoAnne EC

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0209579001544487638-82509.jpg avatar
  • JoAnne EC
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

On my daily route down 65 a few weeks? there was some freezing rain, I counted 12 trucks in the ditch only 1 was a major company a USF Holland. The rest where all single or at most couple truck operations, had there been a Swift truck involved some people would only notice that and comment how Swift can drive, all while ignoring the 11 other trucks that couldn't drive.

In fact most, of the time in the accidents I see it isn't a "name brand" company involved but a independent.

It just as much fun to make fun of Joe's trucking as it is Swift.

Excellent points!! P.S. that sounds like a scary drive when everyone around you is in the ditch!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

Also of note: The numbers I posted are only injury (or worse) crashes - NOT fender benders or other property damage!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

You get a new Title: Considering a Career and Lead Internet Researcher and Information Coordinator at Trucking Truth.

I'll bet you don't have a Title like that at work!

LOL Awesome! Here's what I came up with (disclaimer: I am NOT an expert or statistician in ANY way and these are estimates!)

0142985001550957493.jpg

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

I looked up swift on https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx . Wouldn't allow me to link it here. Updated yesterday. Swift is swift transportation Arizona

Awesome; very helpful!

The first thing I notice is that their "out of service" is 3-5% below the national average. More to come lol

Trucking Analogies

We've got another thread going on right now where one of our members is taking offense when we use a military analogy for trucking.

Why can't people just stop looking for things to be offended by? *problem solved* smile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

I started w/ Swift and it looks like the most recent (comprehensive) data is from 2006. Does that sound legit???

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

What is the longest wait time at a shipper? Not the consignee!

Hope you've got some books / sudoku / crossword puzzles or something! Here's hoping the time passes quickly! =)

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

JoAnne, This would make a great homework assignment for youas an aspiring driver. All of the safety ratings for Trucking Companies are available online for the whole world to see. Go to the FMCSA website and compile some factual information and post it here on TT. Compare all of the Major Carriers on crashes and fatalities based on number of trucks, number of miles driven, etc. We need percentages. I think the results my be suprising and eye opening to many of us. This is your mission, should you choose to accept it. CAUTION: You will be graded, critiqued, and possibly challenged on your findings.

Are you in???

smile.gif

It would be interesting...

You should see the pages (and pages) I've done on comparing the 4 companies I'm interested in LOL Numbers and data are my friends dancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

Maybe this will help your understanding:

Why Hitler Hated Swift

I cannot thank you enough for the enlightenment, Errol! (absolutely needed that today!) thank-you-2.gif

Looking for advice

I tryed going to csrt a few years ago, I was given a grayhound ticket from them an spend 3 days getting from Lebanon TN, to cedar springs Iowa, I arrived not knowing where to go or what to do so I asked around an was told by everyone things like if I didn't pass the tests that i would be homeless in Iowa with no money, no way back home, the 2 other guys I was bunked with had me transfered to another room because they said I stunk of cigarettes because I do smoke an my family told me even if I made it back to Nashville they would not pick me up so I had to walk the 30 miles back to my roommates place. I have wanted to be otr ever since I was in highschool, but I don't want to go through that situation again

So, did you decide just not to show up then? Everything worthwhile in life has a chance for failure. You just gotta work your ass off and try your hardest. You'll never know unless you just jump in with both feet and do it.

Read all the links that Turtle posted (and then some!) This site has a wealth of information like you won't find anywhere else and it's full of an amazing group of drivers that are just here to help and give their HONEST opinions / experiences. You may not always like what you read but it will be the truth. Best of luck!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

I feel like every time I see something about Swift, it's surrounded by negative connotations. What did Swift or its drivers ever do to the general public to make them such a target for ridicule? I saw this on FB and the second I saw that it was a Swift truck I knew the comments section would be full of comments like "Swift drivers do this on dry pavement all the time" and "well it's a Swift driver, so..." (and it is)

This is an honest question. Why do so many have such a negative view of Swift???

Truck Jackknifes

Looking for advice

The people who are expert level at inserting all of the helpful links will be along any minute... but in the meantime - what's making you take pause? Why aren't you already applying to schools?

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

What ever happened to Chickie Monster?

The charming type who always causes trouble.

Thanks Rainy, I'll add that to my profile!

smile.gif

rofl-1.gif

Who doesn't love a charming flirt, Rainy? They say it takes one to know one! We'll start a group... smile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

What ever happened to Chickie Monster?

Fill out your profile if you're bored! "Tell me who are you!" *owl noises* smile.gif

Another weather delay

I don't hold a grudge against Oregon. I want to come back in the spring or summer and spend a few days. You can give me some "touristy" ideas.

Will do!

It’s you...if not for bad luck, you’d have no luck at all.

Ain't that the truth......... I'm such a nice guy. Well..........there is one ex wife that may disagree with that statement.

rofl-3.gif

rofl-1.gif

Another weather delay

I've been watching the Oregon DOT website all morning. Finally Cabbage open with no restrictions. Logged on duty at 1200, pre trip, pull out of the TS, over the bridge to the on ramp, snowplow pulls across on ramp, closes gates!!!!! Eff me I'm thinkin', did I read something wrong? Detour to parking area, go back to website. ALERT....I 84 closed due to accident at 1218. So here I sit again........with my 14 hour clock ticking away. This is a situation where the 14 hour rule can really screw you over. Hopefully it is a dumb ass 4 wheeler and they can get him out of the way and re open

confused.gif

Sorry my state keeps jerking you around!! That's beyond irritating. Hope you get moving (safely) soon!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Had minor fender bender today.

Thanks, JoAnne

It's a better day. I haven't unloaded yet, I got here early, but I think they are going to make me wait until 1030 mountain time.

But at least the truck is warm inside.

When I got here it was 27 and it has warmed to 32. Now that is progress.

Raptor

Thinking warm, positive thoughts for ya!

Do you know where you're off to after you unload?

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Had minor fender bender today.

So sorry to hear that Raptor- sounds stressful =(

Here's hoping today goes MUCH better for you!

Finally got a load out of Washington State

BTW. JoAnne, I rolled thru Portland early this morning on the 205.... Blew my air horn for you.....did you hear it?

shocked.pngrofl-3.gif

Is that what that was???? Thanks! rofl-2.gifrofl-1.gif

First load

Got lost but found a way back to the correct route, no tickets, safely parked, didn’t run into anything, learned things for future use, and didn’t make the local news. Sounds like a successful first day solo.smile.gif

***THIS***