Profile For Pete M.

Pete M.'s Info

PA

Considering A Career

1 year, 5 months ago

Pete M.'s Bio

Black and Gold fan. Semi-retired. Thinking that OTR trucking might be my next career opportunity.

Posted:  1 month ago

After two weeks on the road as a drive away driver I can answer questions

Charles O,

Read your post with great interest several times.

I can’t understand why you would rather have a tax deduction than have employer pay all expenses up front. In my experience, expenses paid by employer beats a tax deduction every time. What am I missing?

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Training providers offer a diversity of options

Growin’ up on the farm was fun!!!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Question on Pay

What is the complaint? LOL

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Views From the Office Window (Post Yours Please!)

WOW!!!

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Time to Say Goodbye...

Wut they all said...

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

Trucking gadgets, GPS , Telephone headset, Music ???

Dennis R.

Soloed in a J3 many years ago. Wife and I landed on N CAL beaches for picnics, etc., while the tide was out. Great fun. Like you, I have an A&P and other certificates, enjoy flying and working on light airplanes. The years of flying the DC 8 and DC 10 airplanes were the best years of my life. And like you, I am looking at otr trucking as a third or fourth LOL career. Right now downsizing and relocating to the Rockies are our immediate objectives.

Good luck down the road...

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

FedEx Freight Driver Apprentice

Re: Brake problem. Your tractor is probably ok. The problem is in the trailer you hook to. IMO

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

FedEx Freight Driver Apprentice

FedEx has advertised this driver apprentice job in Pittsburgh area.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day!

Posted:  10 months ago

Kerosene

Bruce K, re: Deutz 4 cyl Diesel engines. Used AIR COOLED Deutz engines farm tractors. We thinned diesel fuel with kerosene in winter. We also burned French fry oil, FILTERED drain oil, FILTERED mineral hydraulic oil. Those engines are still running strong 35 years later.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Memorial Day

Thanks for that link, Army.

We are a Gold Star family and Memorial Day has always been a respectful time for us even before we were old enough to understand what it was all about.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Week 1 Finished Prime Inc SprMo

Looking fwd to reading your posts.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Latest Load

We are facing that same heartbreak. Buster has evaluation at OSU Vet oncology unit next week. He has been our constant companion since he showed up at the farm in 2007.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Question for florida natives or knowledgable

I second Turtle's warning about speed traps on 301. Every crossing intersection traffic light has two speed reductions and most have an LEO monitoring speeds. 301 does save some miles but not so much time IMO.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

How do I get something mailed to me while I'm otr

The definition of "logistics" LOL.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Home Like Cookin'

JP-8 might be closer to kero than diesel.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

How do I get something mailed to me while I'm otr

"general delivery" to any post office you will be driving by.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Feeling abused

Bingo, Donna.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

I'm going off to Roehl 'cause I need to train!

"hair follicle test positive"?????

I hope you mean negative...