Comments By Pete M.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/gold-rig.jpg avatar
  • Pete M.
  • 1 year, 2 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

How long has it been since you updated your location?

Praying for you, Packrat, Good luck and God bless.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Troopers force truckers to climb on top of trailers during snow removal enforcement blitz.

Most Fixed Base Operators offer plain hot water or a hot 50/50 water glycol mix for aircraft snow/ice removal. The various anti-icing fluids are then applied to prevent snow/ice accumulation during taxi and the early part of take off and climb out. An airport type bucket truck w/water heater would be perfect for snow/ice removal from the tops of trailers. It would be expensive and there would need to be a dedicated area with an adequate grate drainage system. Otherwise the area would become an ice 'ockey rink after the first use. Plain hot water would probably not require treatment before going into the waste water system. This is a winter business opportunity for a pressure washing outfit...

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Brakes

Jamie,

As OS mentioned, a 'caging bolt' can be inserted in that hole and used to disable the spring brake for that end of the axle. It is to be used at all brake chambers when towing a tractor or trailer to totally release the brakes. It could be used to disable one brake to allow one to limp to a repair facility... probably illegal as can be.

We used a grain trailer on the farm with one spring brake disabled for several runs to the elevator, until we got a new (used) brake chamber. Things were different in days gone by...

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Another Blood Pressure Question

FWiW

Lisinopril is on the DOT list of approved BP drugs.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Another Blood Pressure Question

Gerald W,

I can't answer your question either, but I now have questions of my own.

I take 5 mg Lisinopril daily. The Doc did not warn me about not driving. However, the sheet that came with the script says, "Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this drug affects you." It also cautions about feeling dizzy or passing out. LOL. Well, I have not had any unusual symptoms. But, I am going to guess that these possible side effects will disqualify me for the DOT physical.

Thanks for starting this topic, GW, otherwise I would not have thought about reading the information sheet. Definitely going to talk to my Doc about this drug. In the past I have been able to keep my BP normal with exercise and a careful diet. Think I'll start that again.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

BBC producer (UK) looking for contributors for radio program about truckers from around the world!

Hannah,

You are going to do an objective report by interviewing ONE trucker from the US, ONE trucker from Canada and ONE trucker from the UK???

Just curious...

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

The Power of The Spring Brake

Doug, take a look at this page.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Routing

Chuck,

I do agree that there are some by-passes that are longer in miles and time than taking the interstate highway directly through the city. However, the example you give of following Interstate 70 through St Louis is one that I don't understand. It has always been quicker and less trouble for me to use the 270 bypass north of the city, rather than drive into the city on I-70. That is assuming I am remaining on I-70. If leaving I-70 for I-64 or another route then following I-70 into St Louis may be quicker than the 270 South bypass. Just my thoughts.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Buuurrrrr, It's Cold Up Here!

I go out in this weather to feed stock, but not for recreation!!! rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 year ago

I'm still shaky...

Dash-cam. Don't leave home without it.

Posted:  1 year ago

Help your fellow driver

Might be a FJ company policy, not just the decision of the clerk at the fuel desk.

Posted:  1 year ago

My update

Does King Pin mean 'Abused Trucker Syndrome'?

Posted:  1 year ago

Pop quiz mostly for newbies

Is that Michlelin growing wire hair?

Posted:  1 year ago

Newbie wants to start a trucking firm.

Just like aviation... If you want to make a small fortune in trucking, start out with a large fortune... src="https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/smileys/undefined" class="smileyImage" /> rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 year ago

Supreme Court rules in favor of truckers

Https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/gorsuch-arbitration-labor-new-prime-oliveira.html

Posted:  1 year ago

How to check my CSA,PSP points on my DL?

As a PA licensed driver just go to the pa dot web site and look under driver services. Got my ten year record for $10.

Posted:  1 year ago

New Year, New Moderator!

Congratulations, Turtle. Everything you write is right on.

Posted:  1 year ago

Prime Inc. Future Student SLC

Good luck, PT. Will be looking forward to your posts.

Posted:  1 year ago

RECENTLY GOT MY CDL. TRYING TO DECIDE ON A COMPANY....HELP! LOL

This ad popped up today. does not seem to require driving experience, just CDL.

CDL Truck Drivers: Get $8,500 EXTRA this year - and best home time. Celadon - PA Celadon 370 reviews Read what people are saying about working here. Every 30,000 miles with Celadon you get: $1,000 cash bonus $1,000 paid home time Since full time Celadon OTR drivers average 120,000 miles a year or more, that's $8,000 in bonus money for you. Plus, a $500 transition bonus on your first check. $8,500 total! And if you drive more, you earn more.

Call Or Apply Online Today!

1CPM Raise every 120,000 miles with no cap to your pay! Extra $300 per week for trainers! Guaranteed Detention Pay! Trucks equipped with battery powered APUs, refrigerators & Inverters! BENEFITS: Paid Orientation, Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Match, Tuition reimbursement, NEW Pet and Rider Policy - pets up to 75 pounds, On-site health clinic for drivers and families, Safety Incentive Program pays huge rewards for safe miles, QUALIFICATIONS: 21.5 years of age , Valid Class A CDL

Posted:  1 year ago