Profile For Pete E Pothole

Pete E Pothole's Info

GA

Rookie Solo Driver

4 years ago

Pete E Pothole's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Pete E Pothole's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Port2KY - From Cash to Asphalt

I'm too lazy for dock work, thank you for the response.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Was it worth it?

You get out of this industry, what you put into it. The end result really is a reflection of your effort and determination.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Port2KY - From Cash to Asphalt

Xpo out of where? Moved to Harlan in April, not really looking to move companies, but never hurts to know about options in the future.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Truck Stop Follies and Assorted Stupidity

Michael is home on his break, leaving early tomorrow morning, but he shared a story I hadn't heard before that I found interesting.

He said that when his last team driver (I'll call him "Roger") at CR England was in training he was being trained by "Alice" and another trainee "Jose" was with them. Roger was driving and stopped at a truck stop and Jose moved to the top bunk to sleep and after a while Roger and Alice went in the truck stop to grab something quick and then came back to the truck and drove off. They got down the road a ways before they got an angry phone call from Jose cussing them out for leaving him behind at the truck stop. They had assumed he was still sleeping in the top bunk and laughed at themselves as they drove back to get Jose.

Anybody hear of someone accidentally being left behind?

By the way, it is against CR England policy for someone to sleep in the top bunk while the truck is in motion.

I know a member here who for millis who might have left a student at a loves in Blythesville Ark.

confused.gif

****! It was an honest mistake but still a dumb one. Student was in the bunk when we pulled in. As I was entering the store he was exiting. When I got back to the truck I failed to check the bunk, reasonably thinking he wasn't making a second trip. I was wrong and he left his phone in the truck when he went back into the store. I only made it 15 miles south before he was to borrow a phone, call dispatch and get my number from them. Funny now but certainly not at the time.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Looking for the best hotspot, Wi-Fi or hardwire device for laptop gaming

I had a jetpack, verizons plan for it is ridiculous. Unlimited data but only 15g for hotspot. I went with otr mobile, high caps for hotspot and works on different carriers towers, whichever gets the best signal.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Getting my CPAP machine Monday.

Welcome back to the road Mr Bruce!!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

My only tip is that you gotta do it. Daily! For me, if I don't do it daily, I forget details until later on. By that time, it's too late to include it with the day it occured. I'm going to try to be more diligent with it this time around.

I plan to include other stuff like gear I use, clothing that works for me, food, truck storage, and other assorted ramblings of mine. It will be a hybrid cross of a blog and a daily journal.

I bet you could make a pretty lengthy post just on what you keep in the sideboxes.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

Good for you pack rat, I tried a diary for about 2 weeks before I stopped lol. Maybe I should have stuck with it, any tips?

Stop relying on someone else's memory when it comes to details would be a great place to start.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Setting up for a straight back

The set up for a straight begins for me when my drives are at the center of the spot I'm trying to hit. Dragging the trailer to nearly straight then driving a small serpentine. Seems to get me close enough without ending up in an offset position.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Thoughts on newbie starting in winter

Winter i think would be the best time to start. A trainer who can lend judgement while are learning.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Trucker Humor: Trucking Company Name Acronyms

CRST Cedar Rapids Stunt Team.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

3 month card, now companies are walking

First year i got a one year card due to type two diabetes. Second year i went to renew card, and was sent for a sleep study. I was kind of upset about it at the time, because during the time between physicals I lost 40 lbs. Same location, same doctor even. The only difference was first year I had clp, and second year I had cdl. I asked why I was being sent citing my weight loss and improved a1c, she said because now you have a license.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Green trucking outfits hiring?

I've seen natural gas trucks running out of budweiser in St Louis, maybe some also run out of Columbus?

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Bad start with new company???HELP

Best answer is to be honest, get caught lying and its found out could be the end of driving for you. As for company suggestions, I can't help as I haven't looked around.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Millis Transfer training diary

New trucks are specced as you listed, training trucks will have top bunk and air ride passenger seat.

Hay Petey .. have you heard anything of, or from, Tripletdad? Fellow Buckeye and all, ya know.... just a'wondering~!

Hope all is well with YOU, as well. Ya don't stop in much....LOL.

~ Anne ~

I'm a buckeye myself but living in GA, no havent met him properly, but have crossed paths at some point. I have a dedicated route now, minimum 2500 miles a week, leave GA Sunday and Tuesday nights, deliver to Columbus every Monday and Wednesday by 0800. So I rarely see anyone anymore.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Posted:  2 years ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Congrats. Is Barry your trainer by chance?

Millis Transfer training diary

Excellent diary, thanks for sharing. Enjoy the journey, that's the fun part of the job.

Millis Transfer training diary

Bill is an excellent instructor and a great person. I didn't go to school in Trenton but chat with him when I get to the terminal and the opportunity arises. This next week is the tough one. I'm not trying to scare you, just want you to expect the stress, don't add to it yourself by expecting perfection. Welcome to Millis, may run into you sometime and I can congratulate you in person.

Skin of my teeth

Welcome to Millis. I didn't get to make the trip to BRF, Black River Falls, myself during school. Enjoy the journey.