Profile For Pete E Pothole

Pete E Pothole's Info

GA

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years ago

Pete E Pothole's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Pete E Pothole's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting my CPAP machine Monday.

Welcome back to the road Mr Bruce!!

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

My only tip is that you gotta do it. Daily! For me, if I don't do it daily, I forget details until later on. By that time, it's too late to include it with the day it occured. I'm going to try to be more diligent with it this time around.

I plan to include other stuff like gear I use, clothing that works for me, food, truck storage, and other assorted ramblings of mine. It will be a hybrid cross of a blog and a daily journal.

I bet you could make a pretty lengthy post just on what you keep in the sideboxes.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

PackRat's 2020 Daily Driving Diary

Good for you pack rat, I tried a diary for about 2 weeks before I stopped lol. Maybe I should have stuck with it, any tips?

Stop relying on someone else's memory when it comes to details would be a great place to start.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Setting up for a straight back

The set up for a straight begins for me when my drives are at the center of the spot I'm trying to hit. Dragging the trailer to nearly straight then driving a small serpentine. Seems to get me close enough without ending up in an offset position.

Posted:  3 months ago

Thoughts on newbie starting in winter

Winter i think would be the best time to start. A trainer who can lend judgement while are learning.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Trucker Humor: Trucking Company Name Acronyms

CRST Cedar Rapids Stunt Team.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

3 month card, now companies are walking

First year i got a one year card due to type two diabetes. Second year i went to renew card, and was sent for a sleep study. I was kind of upset about it at the time, because during the time between physicals I lost 40 lbs. Same location, same doctor even. The only difference was first year I had clp, and second year I had cdl. I asked why I was being sent citing my weight loss and improved a1c, she said because now you have a license.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Green trucking outfits hiring?

I've seen natural gas trucks running out of budweiser in St Louis, maybe some also run out of Columbus?

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Bad start with new company???HELP

Best answer is to be honest, get caught lying and its found out could be the end of driving for you. As for company suggestions, I can't help as I haven't looked around.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Millis Transfer training diary

New trucks are specced as you listed, training trucks will have top bunk and air ride passenger seat.

Hay Petey .. have you heard anything of, or from, Tripletdad? Fellow Buckeye and all, ya know.... just a'wondering~!

Hope all is well with YOU, as well. Ya don't stop in much....LOL.

~ Anne ~

I'm a buckeye myself but living in GA, no havent met him properly, but have crossed paths at some point. I have a dedicated route now, minimum 2500 miles a week, leave GA Sunday and Tuesday nights, deliver to Columbus every Monday and Wednesday by 0800. So I rarely see anyone anymore.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Posted:  1 year ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Congrats. Is Barry your trainer by chance?

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Excellent diary, thanks for sharing. Enjoy the journey, that's the fun part of the job.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Bill is an excellent instructor and a great person. I didn't go to school in Trenton but chat with him when I get to the terminal and the opportunity arises. This next week is the tough one. I'm not trying to scare you, just want you to expect the stress, don't add to it yourself by expecting perfection. Welcome to Millis, may run into you sometime and I can congratulate you in person.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Skin of my teeth

Welcome to Millis. I didn't get to make the trip to BRF, Black River Falls, myself during school. Enjoy the journey.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

HATE dealing with people!!

In all honesty, friendly greetings, pleases and thank yous that sound genuine, save you time out here. Customers, and people who work at truck stops don't have time to care if they make some who is an asshat late. If you do want to drive I would recommend learning how to manage niceties and pleasant short conversation. I've been in and out of many places quickly, shown up early and put straight to a door, and the people at the windows did it for me just because I was nice and the last guy was rude.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Tutor needed — Cincinnati near

Agreed. Check with millis. I’ll be starting potentially August 17, if I can get my cdl permit and dot done by then. If not, I’m looking at Sept 14. My biggest fear/concern is with backing. I’ve tried ( and sucked at) backing a utility trailer and a uh auto trailer with my Ford Expedition a few times, but it never goes how I want it to. I’m confident that with training, I’ll get it figured out. Hopeful, anyway. If I quit my job and then don’t make it through training, I’ll have a whole new set of problems, lol.

Bill will get you fixed right up. Takes work and focus but he is an excellent instructor.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Tutor needed — Cincinnati near

Millis requires at least 6 months experience of you get your CDL elsewhere.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Game: Hard & Easy

Harder: Dealing with the anxiety of when I will be off a dock heading to next load. Easier: Making turns safely.

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Leaving security for trucking. Why? I'll tell ya!

Welcome to TT and Millis. Listen, focus, and remember sometimes good is good enough.