Profile For Kenworthcruisin

Kenworthcruisin's Info

3 years, 4 months ago

Kenworthcruisin's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

How good are they?

Hi guys, Been trucking a few years now and still loving it. Been on here but don’t post a whole lot mainly read to pass Time and learn a bit. Anyway so I’ve been with the local company I’m currently at for quite some time and while the pay is good there’s not much room for raises bc I’m almost at top out pay. As far as the job I love it and am a little nervous but ryder has offered a job making quite a bit more money and better benefits. I heard they were a great company to work for a while back but am wondering if that still stands true now bc while I love the job I’m at but the added pay and benefits would make the switch worth it just extremely nervous to switch

Posted:  12 months ago

Food service for rookie driver

Hi guys, So a buddy of mine got his class a 2 years ago hated Otr gone too much come off the road and has been driving class b ever since. Has a good job but got an offer through performance foods as a class a driver trainee making more money but home daily. Only worked a couple months otr and has been out of a class a truck for a couple years. Come to me asking advice but I know nothing about foodservice so I figured I’d ask on here. What do you all think the physical side of it is no problem but would this be a good opportunity or is it a setup for disaster

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Career change, looking to go local

Well here’s my 2 cents....

I didn’t read every post but i got my class A license a couple years ago and have never had to worry about a job. I started with us express dollar general accounts and loved the job but it was really hard on my kids who were always used to me being there. Now I got on driving a milk truck locally and home every night a few months after my start with us express I was lucky though. Most I talked to don’t have such luck and it had nothing to do with my skill as much as the need for drivers again I was lucky....

Now as far as a job I don’t like local as much as I did my dedicated account for one reason, DRAMA. The job for us express was relaxing nothing to worry about but making it on time and not having an accident. It made it so much harder being local because of all the drama. And there is a lot more physical aspects to the job.

If I were you and you were dead set on trucking locally you may be better off with class b cdl. Also I don’t know about your area but a lot of guys around here get there class b license for free at the bus garage and start getting some experience by driving a bus first.

However if I were you and you could dedicate a year to otr you would be far better off to do your research and train with a good company and get class a experience. A year Is very little time to dedicate to a career that will always be there. And it will be easier to find a good local job instead of some shady outfit.

Trucking changed my life it was the best decision I’ve made and I guess I’ll be in a truck till they say I’m no longer able.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Worker’s compensation?

Nope everyone at work has been nothing but nice and haven’t heard anything bad from hr or management. Mainly heard from other drivers and family members that once you are out on an injury for a good amount of time they will replace you and then find some reason to let you go once you got back. This is the first time I’ve been injured to the point where I’m on workers comp so I had no clue.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Prospective New Driver...plz help!

No matter what you haul you will wind up in congested areas. It’s just part of it. When I started I wish I would have done a Walmart account with Schneider like I was advised haha. I started with dollar general and never had an accident but go in some tight situations

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Worker’s compensation?

Hey guys, Welp I was Unloading and ended up getting ran over by a skid steer a while back (16 weeks ago) and still have 2 more months of recovery to go. (Tore my Achilles heel on my gas pedal foot) bad combination.

But I wanted to get y’all’s opinion I have about 75% of the people I talk to telling me I won’t have a job when I go back (that they will find a reason to get rid of me) and some saying I might. What do you all think should I start looking.

Owner operator

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate the input and yes I’m still learning haha. I have owned a business before and did fairly well with it until I completed nursing school and started doing that but thing is I always wanted to drive a truck since I was a kid so I left that for a truck haha and haven’t looked back.

I also need to clarify a little bit I’m not looking at jumping in now at this exact moment but in the next year or so. As I have a lot of learning left to do before I take the leap. I also have enough cash saved that I could get a nice used truck without financing a ton of money

I ask the original question because I’ve talked to some guys at the yard and about 50% of the o/o I have talked to said I should do it that the money is there and the others said i should stay company that I’m making more money in what I’m doing now. And I’ve done some research and it’s about the same. I know that making this decision now would be premature and would be a financial disaster since I have so much to learn.

But as far as my ambition goes I would love the opportunity to have my own truck to look out and say that’s mine that I did it. But I’m undecided if it would financially benefit my family as I’ve heard good and bad accounts from others.

So I guess the way I should have worded my question is, with how trucking is going these days would becoming a o/o be worth it. I know opinions are like buttholes everyone has one but I need a little advice from guys who are more experienced than I on the matter to decide financially if I need to start working on a plan to get a business running or if I should invest my time and effort into other things such as furthering my career with the company I’m at and working on retirement.

Owner operator

Hi guys, So I got my cdl a last year and worked as a company driver for a while otr, then went local hauling milk. And while I love my job I’m in now I’ve always dreamed of owning my own truck. Financially I’m to the point where I could purchase a truck but mentally I don’t know if I’m ready. I’ve heard good and bad and have done research but I’m on the fence. One nice thing about being a company driver is you just drive everything else is the carriers responsibility. So what do you all think at this point in my career should I take the leap?

Schneider vs us xpress

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it. I hope I made the right decision though one last question. A friend of mine who trucks said I may be better off with swift due to them being a larger company if I did my first 3mo over the road I could switch to a dedicated account and said swift had better training. He said that going otr first would help me develop skills that dedicated would not do?

Schneider vs us xpress

Thanks guys I'll be going to schneider.i think it's the better fit for me.

Schneider vs us xpress

Thanks for the advice guys and no I done enough research coming In to know i wont make top dollar starting out that dont bother me. I just want a company i can start with and keep working for so that's why i ask about these companies. I just mentioned the money as part of it bc it's something Schneider cant offer me.

Also how is swift as a company I talked to a Schneider driver at a rest area that said swift was a better company to work for in the long run.

Sorry for these basic questions I just dont like to jump around when it comes to jobs and am trying to make the best decisions now

Schneider vs us xpress

Oh I'm not focused on just making money. I'm wanting a career and am looking for the best company to drive for that I can make a career at. I was also looking at swift as well

Schneider vs us xpress

Yeah it is the dollar store account but they do offer more starting pay and a 5k signing bonus

Schneider vs us xpress

Hi guys, So I just talked to Schneider and start the 21st for training. However I got a call today us xpress about a possible job and what they offer is interesting. Both are dedicated routes. With Schneider I go through their program to train. With us xpress I go through a school. Just wanting opinions on companies.

Newbie needs more advice... sorry guys

Thanks guys I appreciate it more than you all know. And yes from what I understand it will be a walmart route from Ky to ohio. I still have to talk to schneider but I have a conditional job offer once I'm done with training. Also I'd like to be otr but with a wife and 4 kids that would be rough on the family at least until we get used to the lifestyle. But my goal is to be an owner operator for myself through a company later on once I have some experience and know what I'm doing. But that's a long term goal.

I dont have to get rich either and dont expect to just starting out but I need to make more than 300 a week. And I was told from another driver that i should expect less than that. I'm leaving a pretty decent job to come do this one and got a bit concerned. It took some convincing over the years to get my wife on board to do this as well as I need her blessing as well to make it work and I'm hoping I made a good decision.

I've studied the cdl book quite a bit and took alot of practice tests and take my final cdl test for my permit monday on combination vehicles so I should start school soon fingers crossed. I'm really anxious and excited to get started

Newbie needs more advice... sorry guys

Hi guys,

So I recently got into trucking (honestly been kinda a dream job since I was a kid). Anyway so I'll start with Schneider school soon in the apprenticeship program. With a dedicated route out of Washington court ohio. (If everything works out, I got a conditional job offer and dont know if it locks me in for that job).

Anyway I was talking with a guy that did the same job and he said that he made great money doing that. On the other hand I have heard that dedicated drivers make terrible pay, but it's better for my family.

So what should I expect going in. Any advice is helpful so thanks in advance for any replies.

Really new and seeking advice

Hi guys,

So I have been wanting to get into driving for quite some time my only anchor holding me back was my family life. 4 kids and a wife. However I looked into it and got a job offer for a dedicated route that's going to be home every night and also a route that's home every other week, the dedicated route is with Schneider and the other with cr england also had another job offer from pam that's similar to cr england.

Also I dont have a license yet but will be obtaining a permit soon. And all programs will train with no up front cost.

With that out of the way I am wondering if you more experienced than me can give me some advice to help me get started. My uncle drives but has been in it so long he's not alot of help. Thanks guys in advance for any advice