Profile For Snoopy

Snoopy's Info

FAIRVIEW, PA

Rookie Solo Driver

5 months, 1 week ago

Snoopy's Bio

Back to driving for CFI. Left a few months ago for something else and it did not work out well. Happy that my old company welcomed me back with open arms.

Posted:  5 days, 5 hours ago

Only have 7 months of Recent job history, was homeless

You can apply at CFI. They have hired people that were in your situation and helped them get back on their feet and it is a great success story if you work hard and be honest upfront about everything. But as others have said apply to everyone that you think can fit your needs the most. Being persistent can pay off in the end. Good luck to you.

Posted:  5 days, 5 hours ago

CFI and cameras

Does CFI have cameras in the truck? Driver facing or otherwise? Maybe Big Scott can chime in on this. I don’t mind them. I just heard today CFI has them now!

Yes CFI does indeed have both cameras now in their trucks. I drove for them and they are currently installing them into all their trucks on a daily basis and when trucks are at the main terminal in Joplin. The front facing one does get triggered when an event happens and the driver facing one only is turned on for a specific reason and the company says that they tell the driver when it would be turned on. Hope this helps.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

Get used to waiting. You’re going to encounter it daily if you want to be in this career field.

I am already in this career so yes waiting is part of the game.

Oooo, my bad.rofl-1.gif

It's all good man. Just was inquiring about this company and getting driver feedback.

Posted:  1 month ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

I am already in this career so yes waiting is part of the game.

Posted:  1 month ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

One issue that I have with them currently is the recruiter I spoke with already has not responded to either the email or the phone call I made to him. I mean i can't start right away since i want to return home first and let my company know so I can return their truck. So it makes me feel like it's a waste of his time. I do have the number of another recruiter with the same company. Would either of you call that one or just say forget it since it feels like he doesnt have the time for me?

Maybe he’s on vacation?

I did just find out today he was out of the office. So that's a good thing. It just sucks not knowing when you are trying to make an informed decision.

Posted:  1 month ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

Posted:  1 month ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

They're a very good company. They pay well, run solid equipment and have an excellent training and follow up program for flatbed securement etc. They also have a program which works you up in over dimensional freight that can fairly quickly work you into their specialized division running 4 axle trucks and multi axle trailers.

Thank you both for the helpful tips and info. It's always nice to hear from other drivers that have had good experience with a company. Plenty of bad reviews on most of them, but it's always hard to trust that cuz if someone doesnt want to work then of course they find some reason to bad mouth the company.

Posted:  1 month ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

You should check out EW Wylie, though.....

Just saying 😉😁

🙂🙂

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

Good company

Can you please elaborate on your answer? Do you work there now or in the past? Did you feel they treated you well and kept you rolling? Thanks.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Is 50 too old to start with pro-driver career?

50 is not too old at all. I also started at 50 yrs old so I say go for it if it is something you want to do. I have heard prime is a good company but there are many good ones and bad ones. You just have to go where they give you what fits your needs and what you want to accomplish. As long as your diabetes is controlled and you aren't on insulin you can get a cdl. Sleep apnea is not something that would disqualify you as you as you are compliant if that is something that ends up being a concern. Good luck.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

New and ready to learn!

Good luck in your search for a new career, you have come to the right place for your questions. There is a ton of information on here that can help you.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Falcon transport abruptly shuts down

This is a sad and unfortunate situation for the drivers and all the other company employees that lost their jobs. It is a shame that a company would just simply send out a message telling everyone to just stop the work they are doing and not return to work. I mean at least give your employees 2 weeks notice or something so they can make arrangements for a new job or something. Hopefully they all made it home ok and will find new positions with a new company.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

How Can Truckers Protect Themselves From Being Attacked On The Road? Article by Rainy

Helpful article thank you. Some of the points you make I haven't considered so it's always nice to have other ideas or suggestions that can help one if an incident happens. While I was reading the article I was thinking, WOW paranoia but at the same time being prepared and able to protect yourself is smart not paranoia. We always want to see people as being good but history shows us that all are not so knowing what to do to protect ourselves in a situation is being smart so we are not hospitalized or killed. I had mentioned one time before to someone that wasp spray can be a good item to have since they were not sure if pepper spray was OK to have in their truck. Wasp spray works just as well and will deter an attacker long enough to get help or get out of there. Great ideas that I will consider in the future that is for sure.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

ATS? Good company or Not?

So I drive for another company currently and have liked some of the things I have read on Anderson Trucking Service on line. I would like to hear from any current and former drivers on that they liked and disliked about the company and how you feel you were treated as a driver. I know that you cannot always believe what any company says as far as pay and what their drivers make per mile, week, or year for that matter. Especially when they compare it to the top 10% of their drivers. I mean that isn't a large number when you consider that they probably have a number of drivers that do not fall in that category. So this is the first step in that process to hopefully help me make a decision regarding them. I also DO NOT want to do the lease purchase option with them or anyone for that matter. I have been told numerous times that it is a bad idea, so I will want to be a company driver with them. Thank you for your time.

Posted:  5 months ago

First day on the shifting simulator

It takes time but it will come. When your in a truck it is a totally different feel but the same concept. You will get it, at times it may not feel like it but it will. Just like anything else practice, practice, practice!!