Profile For Andy Dufresne (a.k.a. Rob D.)

Andy Dufresne (a.k.a. Rob D.)'s Info

Ballwin, MO

In CDL School

1 year, 5 months ago

Andy Dufresne (a.k.a. Rob D.)'s Bio

Born in Houston, Texas but grew up in Missouri. All over Missouri. Joined the Marines out of high school and then transferred to active duty Army. After the Army went to college and then to law school. Worked for St. Louis County for 8 years, doing a variety of governmental legal work. After leaving the County, I worked in three private law firms doing real estate development and public incentives. After 22 years in the law practice, I got burnt out. I got tired of the impossible volume of work, the push to generate more business and associated marketing, networking and sales, the unreasonable clients, the office politics, and the general lack of integrity in a profession governed by ethics rules—self-governed I might add.. I am an adventurous person. I have sky-dived, scuba dived, rode several centuries (100 miles in a day) on a bicycle, rode an Ironbutt (1000 miles in a day; non certified) on a motorcycle, completed an Ironman triathlon in 2003, got my EMT license in 2011 (expired now), rode Route 66 on a Harley in 2017 and 5900 miles through the eastern United States and Canada, including the Trans-labrador highway, on a Triumph Tiger 800 in 2019.

I like to travel and prefer trips where I drive. In fact, driving has always been a source of rejuvenation for me. I prefer to be alone. I like to be active, so physical work doesn’t bother me. I like challenges and am pretty resourceful in overcoming obstacles. I analyze everything, probably overanalyze most things, but it serves me well because I am good at figuring out systems.

So after much research for a second career later in life, I decided to make the drastic career change into trucking at the age of 52.

Andy Dufresne (a.k.a. Rob D.)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 8

Posted:  2 hours, 16 minutes ago

Papa Pigs Zainy Rookie Solo Adventures

Nice thread.

I have the same thought about going solo. Even though I don't feel like I'm learning that much from my trainer, there is still the fear that I will be out there in my own soon.

By the way I had never thought about ordering a pizza to be delivered to my truck at a truck stop.

Posted:  3 hours, 24 minutes ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Not making it today. Sorry Rob.

No worries.

I'm glad you're safe. It's a testament to your driving skill.

Posted:  4 hours, 14 minutes ago

Moving violations/ grace periods

Also, are they not supposed to care about anything 10 yrs or older?

We had a saying in my job RTF (fill in the blank).

RTF is "read the f-ing . . ."

The blank here is "the question."

Read the question they ask and answer that. If the question asks "ever" put it down. If the question asks "three years" don't put it down, if its more than three years.

Posted:  4 hours, 19 minutes ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

So my mentor and I had a text exchange referencing Queen songs. And I've always been a fan of song parodies, ala Weird Al Yankovic.

And since I've gotten feedback that people enjoy my diary, I figured I'd push my luck.

Flatbedder's Rhapsody (a Bohemian Rhapsody Parody)

0434571001593802011.jpg0877188001593802051.jpg

Posted:  4 hours, 50 minutes ago

July 1, 2020: Deliver to Havertown PA; Pick up Charlotte Pipe

Up early and off to the building site. Now, as I’ve mentioned before, we don’t really bump docks. And usually our instructions on where to park to unload are “somewhere in the middle so I can access both sides of the trailer.” This building site was the polar opposite. Just getting there was a challenge with the tight streets. And they had no space on site to park a box van let alone a 53’ trailer because the construction covered the entire site. Rather we had to park in the entrance to an automotive repair place. They unloaded us through the gate to the building site. See the picture below.

0084761001593800273.jpg

And we had to pull forward twice so they could access the middle and rear of the trailer through the gate.

Afterward, we had to pull forward to turn around on the automotive repair place parking lot. See the picture below.

0636338001593800355.jpg

My trainer didn’t hit anything, at least not turning around in the parking lot that is.

After we headed out, got our next Charlotte Pipe load going to Greenville, SC. Off to Muncy, PA to pick up the pre-loaded trailer.

Now, as I’ve mentioned, I don’t want this to be a trainer rant diary, but an incident did happen. I’d rather not tell, but here’s a hint: the catch phrase of the moderator in whose area we had just delivered.

On the way toward Greenville, we are figuring out options to get me home, swinging through St. Louis in the truck is not an option. Final plan is that I will fly out of Greenville-Spartanburg airport at 7:25 a.m.

I get in about 0400. Another angled parking job while my trainer is asleep. Rather than trying to sleep for an hour and a half and get up, I just have my trainer take me straight to the airport.

Fly home and get some sleep. I’ll be heading out again next Wednesday or Thursday.

In the home stretch at that point.

Posted:  4 hours, 56 minutes ago

Forgot June 29:

June 29, 2020: Deliver to lumber supply; Pickup slinkies

We deliver to a building supply place early. There a few other flatbeds there but not so many that we have to wait. This place, like other receivers, has “flatbed parking spaces.” Unlike dry van where you back into docks, the “flatbed parking spaces” are lined out in the yard and spaced out enough so the forklift can access both sides of the trailer. My trainer parks in one and we remove the tarps and straps. After we’re standing there waiting, one of the forklift driver’s who has been zooming around unloading other flatbeds, stops and apologizes that it is taking so long to get us unloaded. No biggie. As I’ve said before, we’ve never really had to wait that long.

While we’re waiting another flatbedder comes over to talk to my trainer. They are talking about chaining methods. So far, my experience has been that there is a camaraderie among flatbedders where they will talk “shop” and share tips and tricks.

Before long, we’re unloaded and headed out for our next load of slinkies from Nucor Steel in Connecticut. My trainer lets me do most of the coil rack set up. And while I’m waiting for the forklift operator to load the coils I talk to the flatbedder in front of me who has Prime steel tarps and I find out that terminal rats are not just in the terminals.

He says he spent 6 months at Prime, as a lease operator. He says to me “now I don’t want to rain on your parade, but all these good miles you’re getting with your trainer are going to end when you go solo.” He proceeds to tell me (Old School you can skip this part) about how he didn’t get good loads and dispatch didn’t keep him running. That he thought he would have more control over the loads he ran. Blah, blah, blah. I tuned him out after a while and then as soon as I saw the forklift move toward our trailer, said “gotta go and make sure my coils are in the right spot.”

We got secured and headed out. Headed to Greenfield, Indiana. Along the way, in New Jersey I see a U-haul trailer jackknife wreck.

0513223001593799648.jpg

Then a little later, I see a car by the side of the road, with a woman walking away from the car and road. As I get close, I see what looks to be a 6 year old boy, towheaded and pasty while, with his pants and underwear around his ankle, He has his t-shirt pulled up to his neck. It was obvious that he was peeing and was going to make sure that no pee got on his clothes.

The rest of the drive was uneventful. My trainer got there late at night after he took over so we got to sleep in a stationary truck.

Posted:  5 hours, 26 minutes ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

June 30, 2020; Deliver slinkies to Greenfield, IN; pick up preloaded building materials; Havertown, PA.

The receiver opens at 7:00, but as usual, they’re knocking on our door the first thing after they get into work. This place is smaller than a place like Georgia Pacific, but we still pull into the building for unload. They weighed each slinky as they pulled it off and soon we’re sending our empty message to wait for another load. It’s Tuesday and my trainer wants to get back to Alabama by Thursday.

We get a load of building materials going to Havertown, PA. G-town’s stomping grounds. But not the ideal location to get me to St. Louis or him to Mobile, Alabama. We take the load anyway.

We pick it up and head to a TA near Havertown, PA for the night. It’s close to Philly and we’re getting in late at night, so I’m thinking parking will suck.

I get in late and do a circle around the lot. Sure enough, no free parking spaces and there’s a euro style deliver van parked in a full length truck spot. A**hole, I say to myself. I go down the aisle of reserved spaces and there are several open. They’re angled parking spaces, but all blind side backs. I pull up next to a spot under a light so I have good visibility, exhale, and pull forward to get set up for my blind side back. My set up stinks. Instead of trying to fix it from there, I decide to make a loop around the lot and try it again. When I'm pull along the same free parking aisle I had just left, I see the euro style delivery van is gone. “Yes.” Angled, parking, adequate space on my passenger side, piece of cake. Although, I am still waiting to long to chase it and had to pull up again.

My trainer wakes up after I’m logging into the sleeper berth. Again, nice to sleep in a stationary truck.

Posted:  7 hours, 1 minute ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

So I’m back at home again for the 4th. My last home time before the final leg. I’m sitting on about 35,000 miles into TNT. So about 3 to 4 weeks left after I go back out on the road. Packrat is heading into town and we (my wife) will meet him later today. And no jokes/deception this time. Just straight forward updates.

June 28, 2020: Day off; Hanging with Turtle

I wake up about 0700 and check my phone to see how far we are from the Loves in Canaan, NY. So guess where we are? Anybody. Buehler, Buehler? That’s right I-86. The I-86 route was about 40 miles longer, so I text Turtle to let him know we’ll be about an hour later. I lay my head down for a while, but then realize I’m not going back to sleep. So I get up, put my clothes on, make the lower bunk, and open the curtains. We’re on a two-lane narrow road with no shoulder. wtf.gif . Instead of just staying on I-86, my trainer headed north to connect to I-390 which would get us back on I-90. I text Turtle to let him know we will be more like two hours late. The next day when I checked the Qualcomm, the trainer added 70 miles to the trip.

We get to the Loves and Turtle rolls up on his “big two wheeler” as Bob Seeger says. So he gets to see my trainer back into the spot. I’ll let Turtle comment on my trainer’s backing skills.

Meet and greet all around. Then Turtle and I go to the “Welcome Center” inside the Love’s which is a room with two benches, but then move out to a picnic table next to the dog park so we can sit across the table from each other.

Now my admiration for Turtle is no secret. His advice has always been spot on and his mentorship has helped me maintain my positive attitude. But sometimes meeting your hero can be disappointing.

It was the exact opposite with Turtle. He is one of the most genuine persons I have ever met. TT preaches humility as a key to success. Despite his success at Prime, as reported on this Forum, and exceling among his fellow drivers at WMPF, a prestigious position, his self-deprecating “I’m just an ole redneck” and his body language showed that his humility is more than just lip service. In fact, he didn’t even know that he had been driver of the month in the flatbed division while at Prime. And despite his prestigious position as a WMPF driver, he does not come across as an elitist. Rather, when he mentioned he has experienced, first hand, the respect he gets as a WMPF driver, he just stated it as matter of fact. And he told me (not in this conversation), that he hesitated to post his WMPF pay numbers, because he didn’t want to sound like a braggart. While he’s definitely more than “just an ole redneck,” he seems to be content with his career in trucking. As he has mentioned on this forum, he sometimes misses flatbedding and the OTR adventure. He’s got his short-term and long-term goals. But he really seems content with how things have turned out for him. He doesn’t pretend to be someone other than a WMPF driver nor did he even express any desire for higher aspirations. Rather, his seemingly simple life seems to be fulfilling for him.

So much for my Turtle man crush.

After several weather delays, Turtle headed out and I called my wife just to hear her voice.

Call it a night early because we’re up again early for tomorrow’s delivery.

Posted:  10 hours, 34 minutes ago

When to know how to start your backing

Keep practicing, because with experience, you will figure out what works for your setup.

Too many variables for it to be the same thing, every time, in real world situations.

I agree with Packrat. With our flatbed trailers you have several different factors. And it depends on whether the drop axle is down or not. With a 53' trailer and the drop axle up your pivot point is almost all the at the end of the trailer. So I'll go more than 2 spaces beyond the space that I back into.

What works for me is go further rather than shorter. I can always backup to get my set up better if I'm further away from the spot. The key though is to make sure that the driver's rear corner of my trailer is close enough to the line of trucks so that I can maneuver back to get my pivot point right.

Posted:  10 hours, 43 minutes ago

Happy Birthday Kearsey

Happy 30th Birthday today to the Prime TNT trainer that also is our favorite YouTube sensation.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

So how many years now has it been her 30th birthday?

Posted:  3 days, 10 hours ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Gee Rob I can see the excitement oozing from your soul. Haha kidding I'm sure you're still adjusting to everything. Awesome it finally worked out for you guys.

Packrat made the same comment about my serious demeanor.

Is this better?

0419475001593520616.jpg

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Sidenote on mileage. I haven’t shared my mileage for each day. This is because with rolling over to new days it can be a pain to calculate a driving “shift.” For example, I take over at 1900 and drive through to 0700 the next day. My trainer drives until 1900 when I take over again. The Qualcomm just shows mileage and hours driven in a 24 hour day, using CDT. So for the shifts above, it will tell me how far and how long I drove from midnight until 0700 and then again from 1900 to 0000. To be honest, sometimes, it’s just too much work to calculate the mileage for each shift. As a general rule, my shifts are 500 to 600 miles each. Some days I have shorter ones simply because we only have like 300 miles left and then we go on home time. But for the most part, we are covering the miles. For pay purposes we run about 4500 miles per week.

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

June 27, 2020: The long haul; Covid strikes again.

Our load is going to Chicopee, Mass, which Google maps has us going on I-90 through New York, which goes right by Johnstown, NY. And you all know who runs out of that DC. And we will be rolling into that area starting a 34 hour reset. After some preliminary discussion with the Superstar of the Walmart Private Fleet, I start planning the mother of all driver meet ups. I find an Eaglerider rental 28 miles from our 90. The plan would be to park at the rental place, rent a Harley Road Glide and meet up with Turtle for a Sunday afternoon. And although the Harley dealer/rental place is okay with us parking the truck there overnight, Eaglerider doesn’t rent out of that location anymore. In fact, because of COVID, the closet open location was Manchester, New Hampshire. Not an option. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. But I guess that’s just trucking.

After solidifying plans with the legendary flatbedder to meet up at the Loves in Canaan, New York (where can I buy a sticker that says I H8 NY) I take over from my trainer. Pretty much uneventful drive across I-80, except for dinner and about 10 miles from the switch over.

We stopped for my 30 minute break at the TA in Indiana, Exit 15B. We both like Popeyes so we get chicken for dinner. Inside dining is closed, but they have tables outside. We are close to the lake so the seagulls are crowding around waiting for food. And not patiently by any stretch. While I don’t speak seagull, by the tone of their squawking, they were saying “GIVE ME SOME GD FOOD MFer.” “NOW, Beatch.”

Just before the switch over, an electronic sign says “accident ahead, be prepared to stop.” The electronic sign was most likely for the construction, but they changed it for the accident. The construction is two lanes closed of a four lane road. The left two lanes are newly paved and the right two lanes are that rough grooved pavement. As I approach the fireworks display of emergency vehicle lights, I realize that both through lanes are closed. The accident is right next to an exit and someone in a safety vest generally pointing to the right of the accident. Not really clear where I was supposed to go. I go the right but stay on the rough grooved pavement. As I pass the accident scene, I see a black vehicle, make, model, or even type cannot be determined due to the damage. There is also a semi in front of the black vehicle. From the all over damage it appears that the semi rear-ended the black vehicle then rolled if end over end against the jersey barrier like a rolling pin over dough. From the way the accident scene was closed off, I’m sure it was a fatality. Sad for the people who lost their lives and the semi driver. After the accident, I simply make my way through the lane closure barrels to get back onto the newly paved surface.

Before I hand over to my trainer, I double check both GPSs to make sure they are going the same way across I-90, where we’ll meet Turtle. Google maps has an alternate route that takes I-86, but that is longer. I confirm that both GPSs are going to I-90 and not I-86. I also explain to my trainer that I-86 is NOT the route to take so don’t go that way.

Sidenote on my trainer. I’ve shared some of the things that my trainer has done, simply because they are relevant to my story. Although, these experiences have been frustrating for me, I have intentionally withheld venting my frustrations about my trainer because, as I mentioned I have wanted to remain positive and not have this diary turn into a bad trainer rant. I am determined not be the “complain, blame, criticize” driver that Brett always mentions. Also, while my trainer’s knowledge and skills may need some work, he is not a “bad” trainer in the sense that being on the truck is a nightmare. Rather, he is patient when I make mistakes and generally maintains a pretty cordial demeanor. He buys almost all of our food, including when we eat at Popeyes or other fast food. So while I can’t wait to escape Shawshank, just like Andy, my circumstances are not so bad that I can’t bide my time until I get my own truck. And just like Andy, when they audit our logs at upgrade, I will dispassionately share what I know.

Called it a night about 1:00 Prime Time (CDT).

649 miles in 10 hours 48 minutes.

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

June 26, 2020: Delivery to residence; pick up repower.

Trainer PCs to the delivery. It’s a residential street but the guy is building a workshop. I doubt they have any zoning regulations here. He’s got an 80’s vintage Case forklift that he “borrowed from a friend.” He unloads us and I back into the gravel parking lot and then pull out onto the state highway headed to the Prime terminal in SLC.

No issues going through inbound. As I pull through the yard I see a very high load with yard tarps and hope that’s not ours. Sure enough it is. I pick a tight space between two other trailers and back up our trailer. Getting better at this backing thing. Then off to retarp our load. We get the tarps off and rolled up. As I mentioned before, yard tarps are really heavy. And we need to put them on our dropped trailer which is ways across the yard. So we’ll put them on the catwalk and drive them over. To get them on, I put one end of the drive tire and flip it up.

After that time for our tarps. Now our trailer is parked near a dry van and our load is every bit as high as the top of the dry van. My trainer gets the tarps on top of the load. I climb up on the trailer and as I stand up, i’m overlooking the top of the dry van trailer. I start to roll the blue lumber tarp to the back of the trailer. This load is some sort of lumber that is covered already. But the pallets are not even all the way back There is a shorter stack on one side in the middle. And while the top of the stack looks square only one side is solid footing. So you have to really test everywhere you step before you put your weight on it.

One of the things that worried me about flatbed was my fear of heights, which I don’t consider a phobia per se. A phobia, is a somewhat irrational fear. IMO, the fear of falling from 13’ 6” is not irrational. So when I climb up on the back half of the load, I crawl on my knees to continue to roll the tarp back. I’m not proud.

It takes us about 2 hours all in but we get the load tarped and head out. I drive until my clock runs out at sunset.

Only 545 miles today.

0934500001593388346.jpg

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

June 25, 2020: Nebraska; Wyoming Ice Storm

I wake up about 5:30. The truck is stopped and the engine is off. My trainer is asleep in the passenger seat. I check my phone to see when my 10 hour break is up; about 15 minutes to go. After my clocks reset, I get up to see that we’re on the side of the highway next to an exit. I offer to take over driving and my trainer concedes. I get logged in, situated for driving, and head out.

On the way to our fuel stop, 380 miles away, I call a few of my mentors, one of whom had discussed a motorcycle trip he would like to take. So I repay a little of his wonderful mentorship with a “trip-plan” of eastern Canada based on my trip I took last fall.

The day was pretty uneventful. My trainer took over after I got to a truck stop for the changeover. I couldn’t push my clock today because the next truck stop was too far.

I laid down for while. We don’t deliver until 0800 and we only have about 300 miles left. So we will both sleep in a stationary truck tonight.

I woke up to the sound of hard rain, which once I got dressed realized was an ice storm.

0978195001593387938.jpg0641493001593388005.jpg

We end up staying overnight at the Chevron in Diamondville, Wyoming. No Pilot, Flying J, or Loves anywhere close. And no paved parking either. Just a dirt “parking lot” behind the store. It actually looks like trucks started driving on it and then the owner just threw some gravel down over the hard packed dirt.

Nice to sleep in a stationary bed tonight.

614 miles in 10 hours 10 minutes.

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

June 24, 2020: Lumber load to Menards; Popeye’s adventure.

My wife, begrudgingly, took me to the Love’s in St. Charles to meet up with my trainer at 0600. I loaded up my stuff, logged into the truck, and we’re off to Valley, Nebraska to deliver to the Menard’s DC there. My trainer crawled into the sleeper so I had a lot of quiet time to myself. While I really enjoyed my home time, it felt good to be behind the wheel of the Freightliner traveling again to multi-state destinations.

I had a little bit of a dilemma, because we had 440 miles to our delivery. Do I try to push it and get there on my 8 hour clock or do I stop for a 30 minute break. After discussing the dilemma with the fastest tortoise in the east, I decided to follow his advice and go for it. I stopped only once, at a rest stop that had parking right next to the vault toilet. I make it to the Menards with about 8 minutes left on my 8 hour clock. I went off duty even before I pulled to the guard shack and then kept it under 5 mph throughout my time there.

The guard had told me to drive between the scales and line up behind the other flatbeds to get unloaded. While waiting behind the line of flatbeds, a Menards driver pulls up next to me and says “you got a load of treat?” “Huh?” He tells me to get out of the line, follow the railroad tracks around where they will unload me. As I follow the railroad tracks and see the sign that says “treated receiving” I understand what he said. Because the load is tarped, I really don’t know what we have. My trainer is sleeping.

So when I see the sign that says “treated receiving” I’m not sure if the receiving is on this side or the other side of the railroad tracks. I got a 50/50 chance, so I pick the other side. Wrong. I pull up to a dead end; there is train on the tracks that blocks me front just crossing back over.

Now my other mentor told me there’s lots of space to maneuver at the Menard’s DCs and he was right. So backing up and getting back across the tracks was not a major problem.

I follow the piles of lumber around to where I see another Prime flatbed just finish unloading. I pull up next to him far enough to realize that he will need to back up to get out. So I back up and get my truck and trailer out of his way as much as possible. After he backs up and leaves, we pull into the same spot. Untarp, unstrap, and unload. You have to stay in the truck while the forklift is unloading you.

By the time the forklift takes the last pallet on the trailer we have another load to pick up in Iowa. Now the only way to back out of this loading area is a blind-side back into a dock. There’s a lot of space to the dock. So I get my set up and then start to back, trying to hug the passenger side of the trailer against the bollard. As I look in my mirror, I realize I’m not even close. I reset my set up two more times before I finally get the trailer headed in the right direction. It’s not as close as I planned, but it works. So I pull around to the guard house and go in the “trucker’s entrance” to use the restroom.

Our next load is a pre-loaded trailer, self-serve so we can pick it up anytime. My trainer says there’s a Popeye’s about 3 miles away and asks if I want to go there. Sure. So I plug the address in Google maps on my phone. You can see where this is going. When I take the exit off the interstate, Laurel and Hardy’s routine pops into my head. “Now this is a fine mess you’ve gotten us into.” It’s an older residential area with street layouts not designed for trucks. So to make the right turn where the GPS is telling me, I have to pull all the way into the opposite lane. As I pull up to start my turn, a white Chevy work truck starts to turn right into the lane that I’ve taken. I can see the “maybe not” look on his face as he begins the turn only to see a large truck in his lane. I make the turn, but have to cheat over into the oncoming lane after the turn for my trailer to make the turn. The next left is the same situation, only no traffic this time. After a couple more turns and another “well, maybe not” from a car that was kind enough to back up so I could use the rest of the block to cheat over, we made it to a parking lot next to Popeye’s. After we ate (my trainer bought), the truck GPS took us back basically the same way. More using ALL the street to make the turns and missing a fire hydrant by about a foot, but we make it back to the interstate, back where we belong.

I’ve got about two hours left on my clock, and having pushed my luck once, I try it again. I find a rest area with parking, pull in and set the brakes so I can take myself off the drive line, and prepare to hand over to my trainer.

As I’m sitting there, I begin to think that if I were solo, my day would be over. I drove 440 miles, delivered a load, and then got as far as I could on the rest of my clock. And it’s about 2045. So I savor the thought of what it will be like when I go solo. My other mentor, the Precipitator, told me before I started TNT that running solo would be more like PSD rather than TNT.

My little day dream is over when my trainer comes back to the truck and starts driving the rest of the way to the shipper. We get there in about two hours, find our paperwork and trailer, and head out. I get to sleep about 0030.

624 miles in 10 hours 49 minutes.

Posted:  4 days, 23 hours ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

My home time continued through Tuesday, so I took the opportunity to get another Harley ride. Then after I got home, I got the bike set for two up and took my wife for a ride and picnic dinner. One major concern I had about pursuing trucking was that it would ruin traveling for me. I have always loved to take road trips either in the car, or preferably on the Harley. I thought that might change when I drove for a living. Nope, I got in three good rides while at home.

Posted:  5 days ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Finally meet my hero, the legendary Turtle.

0616624001593383508.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Truckers say they will refuse to enter cop-defunded cities

Fact:

The Robert Frost poem "the road not taken" means the exact opposite of what everyone thinks.

"Though as that for the passing there Had worn them really just about the same"

It was not the road less traveled.

It's irony.

And ironically your reference to the road not taken further makes your point.

People will believe something because they WANT to believe it.

Don't let facts or the actual words of Robert Frost's poem get in the way.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Officially Going Solo Tomorrow. It's Been a Long Journey.

Congrats!

I had the some problem with how far to pull up. I started pulling up " too far" because I learned it's easier to backup to get into position than try to back in when you're too close to the spot.