Profile For Rob D.

Rob D.'s Info

Ballwin, MO

Preparing For School

6 months, 2 weeks ago

Rob D.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Rob D.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  5 days, 18 hours ago

Medical card - Lesson learned

BP is now 120/80,

Great job Bruce.

So do you still plan to be driving again this winter?

Posted:  5 days, 18 hours ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

Old School, Turtle, and other flatbedders, how often are low bridges an issue for flatbedders?

Obviously you need to need enough room to clear the cab height, which isn't that typically under 13'? But how often do you have a load that exceeds your cab height?

Posted:  5 days, 18 hours ago

Youtube videos

Maybe Brett should follow up on moderator approved videos that would actually help a new driver:

Trucking Truth Videos

You guys.....this is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about a few days ago when I asked if we should setup a video section here on TruckingTurth.

I've surfed YouTube for good quality trucking videos and that's a painful process. 95% of it isn't really helpful to anyone that wants to learn more about the industry, the job, and the lifestyle. But the other 5% is really great.

So send more ideas like these! I can setup a video section with different categories like:

- The trucking lifestyle

- The realities of the job

- backing videos

- shifting videos

- cooking in the truck

- electronics reviews

...all kinds of different categories. That way people don't have to endure the painful process of sifting through 27,000 YouTube videos. I can embed the good ones right here on TruckingTruth.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

I realized that after I posted it and then tried to find Kenosho.

Sorry

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

Marc,

Also found this online low clearance trip planner:

Wisconsin Bridge Clearance Trip Planner

Just enter your height and it shows you all the bridges in the state that will present problems.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

Nope,

And I was trying to figure out what card and noncard meant in the columns showing height. They are two different heights in some cases.

But I was able to find the bridge using the location description. It is a railroad overpass on 63rd Street.

Rob.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

Marc,

Here you go:

Wisconsin DOT Low Bridge List

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Prime PSD training, from a trainer's perspective.

Turtle said:

You're a good freight lane for flatbed,

Is St. Louis a good freight lane for flatbed?

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods recently. Niagara Falls to Rochester to Syracuse to Utica up Highway 8 to Highway 9 to Highway 74. Then crossed the Ticonderoga Ferry into Vermont. Very pretty country.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Any tech gurus wanna take a shot at my phone/app problem?

Another culprit could be a corrupted SD card. Try using the SD card from your wife's phone.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Any tech gurus wanna take a shot at my phone/app problem?

Maybe OS as mentioned or could be conflict with other apps.

Uninstall all apps you updated. Then reinstall Prime app

If Prime app works then, install other apps one by one until you find the conflicting app

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Tough local backing for a newbie

For some reason, a driver decided to pull into the parking lot at my wife's work and had a heck of time getting out:

0031895001563891605.jpg

Question based on a training story Rainy told me when we met:

Would closing the tandems cut down the turn radius for backing?

Posted:  1 month ago

Posted:  1 month ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Rainy and Rob D

0223415001563427793.jpg

Posted:  1 month ago

Trucking not for me.

PackRat, I think Rob D was just making a joke, no disrespect intended.

Bruce is correct. No disrespect to your service.

I served 2 years in the Marine Reserves and 3 years active Army. I'm sure you saw many like me who just couldn't wait to get out, but looking back in retrospect, I might have made it a career of it.

Posted:  1 month ago

Trucking not for me.

Packrat,

I agree that the individual soldier is the foundation of the unit. And each soldier working with others in the unit makes for a successful mission.

The "you don't matter" is just a sarcastic take on the chain of command: its not a democracy.

Posted:  1 month ago

Get out of the truck and explore

Jeremy,

The satellite view of Skyline Caverns shows a CMV trailer in the parking lot.

Good luck.

Posted:  1 month ago

Trucking not for me.

Rainy said:

Cause unless you can just "go with the flow" you will hate it out here.

I'm beginning to understand why veterans tend to succeed at trucking.

I have a saying for anyone who is considering the military:

Just remember, its mind over matter; they don't mind and you don't matter.

Posted:  1 month ago

When did you decide you were an experienced driver?

0180561001563317028.jpg