Comments By Rookie Doyenne

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0844079001573364450-85283.jpg avatar

Backing a semi

Discouraged? Bah humbug. I left my walmart job of 11 years in May 2008. Went to Prime and went home without testing. Thought life was over. Went to Roehl in October of 2008. Passed test but couldn’t do the practical driving. Thought life was over again. Finally came to swift where i have a year under my belt. You’ll be ok

Hey, Just Mitch, congrats for achieving that first year!dancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gifThird time's a charm?! What great encouragement to share! good-luck.gif Best rolling forward!

Going solo!

Godspeed, Will P.! good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

So if i am terminated thru no fault of my own?

Hi Rachel! Welcome to Trucking Truth.

Your post will likely get quicker and more responses from Prime drivers and others if you move it over to the general discussions forum; this forum is for training diaries.

Expect a fair vetting of your issues; Prime is a well-regarded employer.

Wiley Sanders Transportation

Mike B. - from what I've read on here, needing to re-do basic training after even much less time than 5 years away is more the rule than the exception.

There's companies that will pay at least part way, possibly all through the training process (many to check out on this site).

I recall that you wrote you were excited about the job and had a positive start to orientation. It's a great career, more than ever.

good-luck.gif with your next steps!

An update!

Keith, this is a trucking forum and not necessarily where I best employ my teacher or mom hats. But know that your comment above, about not thinking you have much to say here, gave me pause when I read it.

I'm so glad that others jumped right on that with collegial support. I looked over your comment history to refresh my impressions before I wrote anything myself.

What I expected to rediscover is all there - breaking down a little the wisdom gleaned in trials across two successful years, not a small accomplishment: shared facts, information, anecdotals, reflections, some light comeraderie ..... what else is there in any recipe for effective collegial sharing?

This forum is for newcomers. I can only speak for myself but in complete agreement with Rob D., I'm picking up much from your posts in building my background knowledge and fitting together the many, many discrete pieces comprising this industry to learn about.

thank-you-2.gif

Synergy is a sum that's greater than the parts! Keep writing!

and stay safe and well out there.

Reached my first milestone. 1 year safe driving

Congratulations on that maiden safe year, Grumpy! dancing.gif

I celebrated with a 16 hour day yesterday. Was the 12th truck in line at 1500 for a load of toilet paper. Finally got a door at 1100 with 27 trucks behind me......

It's an amazing time to take the usual stock in acknowledging a milestone. Be safe and well out there as the next year rolls underway.

Wiley Sanders Transportation

What kind of course is Wiley offering, Mike B.? Sounds positive, hope it works for you.

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

"Silver", like your crowning glory? ;-)

Now, that's just sterling news!

smile.gif

An update!

...I got my 250k mile stuff from Knight yesterday....... January was my two year mark back and driving A-class and now officially the longest I've ever worked for one single employer.

dancing.gifdancing.gif Hats off, Keith! Keep it going strong!

Salt Lake City's Earthquake

So, how's it going out there, Laura?

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Pennsylvania is shutting down rest stops!

Jeremy, in mind and in spirit, I'm with you. Praying for restoration of your best health and the continued well-being of your loved ones.

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gifsmile.gif

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

My first full year is officially in the books.. and I have a golf shirt to prove it!

Congratulations, Chris! Great post, gritty and bright dose of reality, really helps me to fix expectations.

Stay safe and well out there.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Pennsylvania is shutting down rest stops!

Let cool heads and patience prevail. Without a pre-ordained script, many decisions are being made without benefit of full comprehensive scope of effects. This very reasonable response is simply to point out undesirable consequences and request remediation. I'd withhold judgment and/or criticism until this dialogue, and no doubt many others, is exhausted.

ATA is asking PennDot to reopen PATK services for truckers

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Starting on my path to a career in trucking!

Congrats on your completion of Phase 3 and early step up to the Curtainside Fleet, Brandon! May that good momentum keep bringing you forward.

I'm looking closely at your new truck - does it load/unload from the side?

The Joy's of Home Time

La Fheile Padraig shona duit!

or, Happy Saint Patrick's Day, friends.

Old School, enjoying so much your sentiments and the lovely family pics you just shared. Likewise, my day has been filled with Patrick's Day chats and merriment with those here on US soil and across the pond, living loud in spite of circumstances pressing in.

I just came across a vid of a raw song penned this afternoon and performed by Bono, written for the Italians singing through their lockdown, and for the Irish today, and for everyone, everywhere.

There's many incredible facets to current events. Keeping out front what matters most is very appreciated.

Roehl GYCDL Gary, Indiana

all about pre-trip! plus Daniel's fabulous guide

Great to hear what a strong start! good-luck.gif on Week 2!

Prime Orientations Postponed; COVID-19

Well, Rob & Dave, acknowledging your disappointments and frustrations.

The .02 no one asked for: make lemonade.

Is the flip side of this a wee gift of time?

Is there a more precious commodity?

Peace, all.

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

I MAY PULL OUT WHAT LITTLE MOSTLY GREY HAIR I HAVE LEFT!!!

SILVER.

smile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Where is the manual transmission fluid reservoir if it exists?

Also, to be cold and heartless, I'll tell you there is no Flux capacitor, no blinker fluid, no muffler bearings, no Easter Bunny. Though there has been recent discussion here about hauling a load of sailboat fuel.
I suspect E. Bunny might be a cradle robber/ kidnapper. What's a rabbit doing with chicken eggs!!

thank-you.gif Errol, getting a great immune boosting shot by LOL!