Profile For Daniel

Daniel 's Info

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 3 months ago

Daniel 's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  11 hours, 18 minutes ago

Changing careers

Forgot to add job is with Hogan and is 100% no touch freight.

Posted:  11 hours, 18 minutes ago

Changing careers

I know of a job pulling shipping containers out of Wilmington NC- 55cents a mile, $1200 a week training pay(four weeks), guaranteed home every weekend. Job requires Hazmat and Tanker endorsements and a TWIC card.

Hiring out of NC and SC.

No experience necessary, but you must have a CDL.

Posted:  5 days, 15 hours ago

Getting a trucking job while having type 1 diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes is different than type 2.

Type 1 diabetics do not produce insulin.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I have a meter running on each of daniels posts, every time he posts i adjust the probability that he's a bot. right now it's like 5% rofl-2.gif

are you a bot daniel

Bot and paid for, lol.

I just an American capitalist is all.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Yep. You have no idea how close you are.

I'm always close. If you choose to silence me that is your choice. The resonance will always echo.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Nope. I've said for decades that arguing with an idiot is a waste of time. My time is valuable, and they're still an idiot.

Like I said. These perspectives exist whether I do or you and will exist whether we do or not. Try not to take it so personally.

Copy?

Sure thing! Time for you to hijack another thread with your superior knowledge. You've run this one into the weeds. So thankful you dropped by to set us all straight.

My apologies. I didn't realize I was upsetting you.

I'm a capitalist, 1=2 you know. Assets = liabilities + capital.

Seems there we are a dying breed.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

There is another factor with company based training to consider, that is the fundamental motivation of the company to help you succeed.

If you're paying a private school, many of them will give extra time to your education and help more if you're risking failure. I saw my private school do this for many people who were struggling, going as far as giving them twice the paid education time. At a company based school, well they don't have their entire reputation on the line as a training school on the line, they can simply move on to people who are cheaper to train and leave you with the bill.

There's a narrow band of people who will struggle with learning but would be fine with extra attention, and they may well benefit from private schooling.

All else aside, lets not forget that trucking pays the same as bachelors and certain types of masters degree level jobs. If you need private schooling to get in the door it's still a worthy investment.

This^^^

There is more than one way to succeed. Americans aren't limited to only one.

Copy?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

No one mentions the third option- getting a state government grant.

We've talked about these for years. You just haven't paid attention. It still puts you into a private school. Brett and I both went through private schools, but nowadays we consider the Paid CDL Training Programs to be the best option.

The best option possibly if explained fully in simple terms right from the start, with the risk involved.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Yes it was. You can thank your fellow tax paying Americans for that. Somebody took their money and gave it to you. Thankfully you didn't squander it.

Irrelevant. They simply exist and are easy to get.

The 30 years of taxes( income and property) I paid prior to my grant might offset the cost eh'?

You would argue with a fence post about anything, eh?

What I am doesn't matter. The perspectives exist whether I do or not

Get it?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

There is a risk with company paid training that should be understood by everyone who commits to it.

Sure, company paid training is a working system that benefits a lot of folks.. But it seems many do not understand that there are risks involved and if they fail they will owe money.

I bet that might help a few if they realized backing into an electric pole (backing into anything for that matter) would cost them $5,000+

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I tried to get state assistance but because i was employeed i was too good for assistance rofl-3.gif

That lady told me with a serious expression, " if you were on unemployment you would get help "wtf.gif

True. I was laid off from the oil fields after 5 years. The gas/oil boom peaked in early 2017 and many were laid off.

My state invested my previous tax dollars I paid back in me and now I am paying what I was 3 years ago.

Is that wrong?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Irrelevant. They simply exist and are easy to get.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

The prevailing wisdom seems to be that there are only two ways to pay for CDL training: Company 'paid' training or 'out of pocket'.

No one mentions the third option- getting a state government grant. They are quite common and surprisingly easy to get. A simple search in one's state should reveal the possibilities.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

The possibility of the training cost being forgiven is the absolute advantage of company training along with having a job upon completion. To me its an added motivation to succeed and be set up with a great career for free by fulfilling my end of the contract. I would much rather pay a loan back with time while pulling a paycheck then having monthly loan payments with interest.

I spoke with the accredited private schools in my area before finding this site, they were all $8-12,000. If you were to go to a private CDL school and fail, you still owe the money. If you go private, graduate, find employment and then get fired, you still owe the money. Its no different with company training!

Sure, the possibility of forgiveness makes it viable.

The only thing better in my opinion is getting a grant from the government to pay for CDL training.

I received a grant from my state for my CDL training. If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I'd say that is a fair way to describe it. There is a lot to it though. Trying to reduce it down to such a succinct statement dulls the nuances involved in this whole process of Paid CDL Training Programs.

I understand. I'm am looking at it from the end of it than the beginning.

A clear explanation to those that owe the money does not need the term 'contract' to explain why they owe the money.

Also in response to the cost. The claims department told me I owe $5,000

Yes you do as you signed up for company financed training.

You borrowed money from CR England in simple basic terms. They would have forgiven the loan if you was able to work a year for them.

Anyhow, I know the second accident wasn't your fault- I get it. The gate moved while you were in motion, the gate hit you, you didn't hit the gate.

Reguardless, keep at it, I know you will succeed.

Daniel said:

No, I am saying that appear like employment contracts when in fact they are financed loans. All about clear and simple language.

Actually you are assuming they "appear". You apparently never saw one. And every company is different and even Prime's has changed over the years.

Mine specifically stated : "This is not a guarantee of employment" in bold capital letters.

Lease ops are not "employees" but are independent contractors. So to say one needs to be an employee for. Year would exclude them from leasing.

Mine gave me an amount I would owe if I left. Please stop trying to imply the "evil mega carrier" mantra we hear so often.

For me...the local schools wanted $9,000. I was $72,000 in debt to the point I couldn't afford a bankruptcy attorney. Prime offered me transportation, lodging, a $200 weekly advance to pay for food on the road, and CDL school all based on me staying employed by them. Even if I left i would still have my CDL to take elsewhere.

Two years later I was completely debt free....5 years later I have tens of thousands in the bank and even more in investments and 401k. I could go buy a modest house in cash or even a brand new truck.

There were no surprises or lies or hidden agendas as you implying.

Regardless.... Any trucking company is going to have the right to terminate a driver they deem as unsafe. And since some have been in business for a half a century or more....training millions of drivers that are driving the economy of America.... Well.... Lets just say they know what they are doing.

People call prime a starter company....yet our walls are lined with plaques representing drivers who have been here for decades.

I'm not saying nor have I said a single bad word about any organization.

I am simply clarifying what 'paid' company training actually is- a financed loan that has the possibility of forgiveness if one succeeds. If one fails then they are obligated for the costs of their training.

It isn't about right or wrong, it is simply about what paid company training is in as simple of language that can be spoke.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

That's what is frustrating when Daniel tries to tell people that they should be able to find a work around on these contracts.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

It is only 'paid training' if you succeed, otherwise it is debt for failure.

The moment one signs up for company training they are basically taking out a loan.

This loan must be paid back or it can be forgiven.

Is this succinctly correct?