Profile For Daniel

Daniel 's Info

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 1 month ago

Daniel 's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I have a meter running on each of daniels posts, every time he posts i adjust the probability that he's a bot. right now it's like 5% rofl-2.gif

are you a bot daniel

Bot and paid for, lol.

I just an American capitalist is all.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Yep. You have no idea how close you are.

I'm always close. If you choose to silence me that is your choice. The resonance will always echo.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Nope. I've said for decades that arguing with an idiot is a waste of time. My time is valuable, and they're still an idiot.

Like I said. These perspectives exist whether I do or you and will exist whether we do or not. Try not to take it so personally.

Copy?

Sure thing! Time for you to hijack another thread with your superior knowledge. You've run this one into the weeds. So thankful you dropped by to set us all straight.

My apologies. I didn't realize I was upsetting you.

I'm a capitalist, 1=2 you know. Assets = liabilities + capital.

Seems there we are a dying breed.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

There is another factor with company based training to consider, that is the fundamental motivation of the company to help you succeed.

If you're paying a private school, many of them will give extra time to your education and help more if you're risking failure. I saw my private school do this for many people who were struggling, going as far as giving them twice the paid education time. At a company based school, well they don't have their entire reputation on the line as a training school on the line, they can simply move on to people who are cheaper to train and leave you with the bill.

There's a narrow band of people who will struggle with learning but would be fine with extra attention, and they may well benefit from private schooling.

All else aside, lets not forget that trucking pays the same as bachelors and certain types of masters degree level jobs. If you need private schooling to get in the door it's still a worthy investment.

This^^^

There is more than one way to succeed. Americans aren't limited to only one.

Copy?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

No one mentions the third option- getting a state government grant.

We've talked about these for years. You just haven't paid attention. It still puts you into a private school. Brett and I both went through private schools, but nowadays we consider the Paid CDL Training Programs to be the best option.

The best option possibly if explained fully in simple terms right from the start, with the risk involved.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Yes it was. You can thank your fellow tax paying Americans for that. Somebody took their money and gave it to you. Thankfully you didn't squander it.

Irrelevant. They simply exist and are easy to get.

The 30 years of taxes( income and property) I paid prior to my grant might offset the cost eh'?

You would argue with a fence post about anything, eh?

What I am doesn't matter. The perspectives exist whether I do or not

Get it?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

There is a risk with company paid training that should be understood by everyone who commits to it.

Sure, company paid training is a working system that benefits a lot of folks.. But it seems many do not understand that there are risks involved and if they fail they will owe money.

I bet that might help a few if they realized backing into an electric pole (backing into anything for that matter) would cost them $5,000+

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I tried to get state assistance but because i was employeed i was too good for assistance rofl-3.gif

That lady told me with a serious expression, " if you were on unemployment you would get help "wtf.gif

True. I was laid off from the oil fields after 5 years. The gas/oil boom peaked in early 2017 and many were laid off.

My state invested my previous tax dollars I paid back in me and now I am paying what I was 3 years ago.

Is that wrong?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Irrelevant. They simply exist and are easy to get.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

The prevailing wisdom seems to be that there are only two ways to pay for CDL training: Company 'paid' training or 'out of pocket'.

No one mentions the third option- getting a state government grant. They are quite common and surprisingly easy to get. A simple search in one's state should reveal the possibilities.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

The possibility of the training cost being forgiven is the absolute advantage of company training along with having a job upon completion. To me its an added motivation to succeed and be set up with a great career for free by fulfilling my end of the contract. I would much rather pay a loan back with time while pulling a paycheck then having monthly loan payments with interest.

I spoke with the accredited private schools in my area before finding this site, they were all $8-12,000. If you were to go to a private CDL school and fail, you still owe the money. If you go private, graduate, find employment and then get fired, you still owe the money. Its no different with company training!

Sure, the possibility of forgiveness makes it viable.

The only thing better in my opinion is getting a grant from the government to pay for CDL training.

I received a grant from my state for my CDL training. If I would have failed I would have owed nothing. It was risk free for me.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I'd say that is a fair way to describe it. There is a lot to it though. Trying to reduce it down to such a succinct statement dulls the nuances involved in this whole process of Paid CDL Training Programs.

I understand. I'm am looking at it from the end of it than the beginning.

A clear explanation to those that owe the money does not need the term 'contract' to explain why they owe the money.

Also in response to the cost. The claims department told me I owe $5,000

Yes you do as you signed up for company financed training.

You borrowed money from CR England in simple basic terms. They would have forgiven the loan if you was able to work a year for them.

Anyhow, I know the second accident wasn't your fault- I get it. The gate moved while you were in motion, the gate hit you, you didn't hit the gate.

Reguardless, keep at it, I know you will succeed.

Daniel said:

No, I am saying that appear like employment contracts when in fact they are financed loans. All about clear and simple language.

Actually you are assuming they "appear". You apparently never saw one. And every company is different and even Prime's has changed over the years.

Mine specifically stated : "This is not a guarantee of employment" in bold capital letters.

Lease ops are not "employees" but are independent contractors. So to say one needs to be an employee for. Year would exclude them from leasing.

Mine gave me an amount I would owe if I left. Please stop trying to imply the "evil mega carrier" mantra we hear so often.

For me...the local schools wanted $9,000. I was $72,000 in debt to the point I couldn't afford a bankruptcy attorney. Prime offered me transportation, lodging, a $200 weekly advance to pay for food on the road, and CDL school all based on me staying employed by them. Even if I left i would still have my CDL to take elsewhere.

Two years later I was completely debt free....5 years later I have tens of thousands in the bank and even more in investments and 401k. I could go buy a modest house in cash or even a brand new truck.

There were no surprises or lies or hidden agendas as you implying.

Regardless.... Any trucking company is going to have the right to terminate a driver they deem as unsafe. And since some have been in business for a half a century or more....training millions of drivers that are driving the economy of America.... Well.... Lets just say they know what they are doing.

People call prime a starter company....yet our walls are lined with plaques representing drivers who have been here for decades.

I'm not saying nor have I said a single bad word about any organization.

I am simply clarifying what 'paid' company training actually is- a financed loan that has the possibility of forgiveness if one succeeds. If one fails then they are obligated for the costs of their training.

It isn't about right or wrong, it is simply about what paid company training is in as simple of language that can be spoke.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

That's what is frustrating when Daniel tries to tell people that they should be able to find a work around on these contracts.

Fired from CR England for two accidents

It is only 'paid training' if you succeed, otherwise it is debt for failure.

The moment one signs up for company training they are basically taking out a loan.

This loan must be paid back or it can be forgiven.

Is this succinctly correct?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

I see. Well there isn’t much of anything I can do now going forward but to own up to it and be honest and accept more training it seems.I still think it’s wrong and the gate keeper wasn’t ordered around he was asked not to do something and did it anyways. It follows the same concept of telling someone not to blindly walk behind your truck as your eventually going to take your eyes off one side of it but they do it anyways. There has to be some protection for drivers in these types of situations. Not everything can always be attributed to driver fault.

My contract specifically said that either party had the right to terminate employment yet my debt would remain. It went further to set a weekly $70 amount to be withdrawn from future employers and paid directly to prime. Keep in mind..."failure to comply with company policy" can get you fired every time. And that m policy could be "dont back at a gate... GOAL everytime" etc. "Don't order gate keepers around"

Lawyers.com answers a 1099 question with an explanation about employee contract specifics.

These are deadly machines. Public safety will supercede our rights...look at covid.

BTW...CRE and other mega carriers such as Prime are self insured and determine eligibility. Has nothing to do with insurance companies.

0180166001611989415.jpg

It doesn't matter who was at fault, your focus should have been on simply proving you were not at fault.

It is not your responsibility to assign fault to anyone but yourself if you are responsible.

A picture of the gate on top of your truck would speak volumes.

Hey Daniel -

The ink is not even dry on my contract with Wilson and I have to chime in and say you’re incorrect.

The “one year” stipulation so often referenced on this site states that my CDL training is FREE so long as I honor a year of employment with the company. It is NOT an employment contract guaranteeing me a safe position if I show up in “good faith.” It does not protect me from termination if I violate company policy by backing into things, and if I do those things within my first year and end up terminated, I owe either the full $3750 for the training or a pro-rated amount based on when it happened.

You seem to be conflating an employment contract with a contract for services provided free of charge upon completion of a commitment term. We are not talking about an employment contract.

The $70 weekly clause at Prime is identical to mine here at Wilson. The training IS free SO LONG AS you complete a year of employment. If you do anything to get yourself fired within your first year, whether it’s back into something, curse out your fleet manager, or refuse to flush the toilet in the driver lounge, you owe the balance of the training.

Good faith does not apply because these are not employment contracts. They are a contract for services rendered. Make sense?

I get what you are saying. You signed up for company financed training, incurring a roughly $5,000 debt, which is forgiven after one year if you don't quit or are fired, correct?

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Daniel first off... YES I received FREE training from Prime based on me staying a full year and not quitting or getting fired. . IF I left, my future employer would make deductions to pay prime. I have been here 5 years and never paid for schooling.

If you read the article posted....in parenthesis he writes "If an employer can only fire an EMPLOYEE for good cause" that was an example of a contract stipulation. Meaning not all contracts include that

That line spoke of EMPLOYEE example not independent contractor. Those in trucking are very specific with those terms.

By your logic, if I am a new a driver and roll a truck or hit bridge then I cannot be fired because I am under contract?

Prime financed your training, then forgave the debt when you worked for them for one year, correct?