Profile For Photogirl

Photogirl 's Info

Spring , TX

Company Driver In Training

4 years, 6 months ago

Photogirl 's Bio

I used to be a wedding photographer and now I'm in school with Millis Transfer. Can't wait to get on the road..

\

Photogirl 's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

U.S express/Werner

A friend and I have decided to team drive. I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the detention pay, idling rules for US Xpress and Werner Enterprises. We are out of Texas so we are going to be running the western 11 states. Any info/experiences of the companies are greatly appreciated.

P.s we are also considering Mesilla Valley.

Thanks in advance.

School recommendation in DFW area? Or any other schools in other areas with exceptional training?

I work for Millis and attended the school in burleson Texas about 15 mins from Ft worth. Great school and excellent company to work for. 50 cents a mile for Texas regional.

Millis Transfer driving school

Millis is switching it's whole fleet to automatics. They also just started forced routing and fueling. It's still in the early stages and isn't required as of yet. Not sure if it will stay it not.

Millis Transfer driving school

I almost forgot. Millis is putting in new LG tvs with dish network in all tractors. Free. 👍👍👍👍

Millis Transfer driving school

I went to school with Millis back in December and I'm still currently with them. I did switch from OTR to Texas regional and I love it!! Got a brand new kenworth automatic and the miles ares excellent. I make 50 cents a mile and I average 2000-2400 a week. I'm home every weekend. Millis does have the cameras and are dead serious about safety. You have to use a Bluetooth to talk on the phone however they do not like drivers talking on the phone all day. Regional is harder then OTR in my opinion. I usually do 2-3 loads a day. I was one of two people in my class and received excellent training. Mills hauls mostly beer, water and paper. My beer loads are usually 49 thousand plus pounds. It's heavy and it jerks you a lot all day. I love it here.

MILLIS TRANSFER Recruiters

I work for Millis and trust me it's an excellent company to work for. Don't post negativity about a company unless your are forsure about what you are talking about. Good luck with swift!

My Millis Transfer Training in Burleson, Texas.

Wow that's amazing there only two of you on the course, I think you may have made History( I haven't seen a truck school course with a small class - in the year I've been looking at schools) but for sure the best way to learn - Congrats on passing and getting out on the Road.

Hey thanks Don. Yeah, it was a great experience for sure. We had tons of one on one training. My friend was at the training school for USA truck at the same time in another part of Texas and he called me Harvard and I called him GED.. lol

Hello new here

Oh, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me or anyone here.. good-luck.gif

Hello new here

Congrats ladies!!! I just finished up school and passed my CDL test a few weeks ago. I'm currently waiting on my trainer to pick me up to get started on OTR training. I can't be more excited myself so I can imagine how ya'll feel. This is a great place so welcome! Just remember to relax and you will be fine.

Hi Everyone! I've missed you all SO much!

WOW! You go girl!!! Sounds crazy hard but also exciting. I'm super happy for you. I leave with my trainer next week and I can't wait. Stay safe out there. Good job!!!! dancing-banana.gif

-photogirl

Thanks! You stay safe out there too, Photogirl! Just remember to relax. As soon as I stiffen up, I start scratching gears. Relax and you'll learn it. Stay safe. Have fun!

-mountain girl

Thanks!!! Relaxing is what got me through my CDL road test.. it works lol... I will most def some fun! The cold is whats gonna get me lol

Hi Everyone! I've missed you all SO much!

My training at Millis Transfer in Alvarado, Tx

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope you are enjoying your time with your trainer.

No problem. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I passed my CDL last Friday but, I don't go out with my trainer until after xmas. I passed with a 90 YAY!! lol

My training at Millis Transfer in Alvarado, Tx

Hi Photogirl, sounds like you had some great hands on training with a class of 2! I will be starting MTI in January. A couple of questions: Did you train in the same equipment you will be driving, or some older models? Do you have to bring lunch or is it provided by the school? Last but not least, has Millis followed through with the driver facing cameras in all trucks, or did that fizzle out?

Thanks for any input on these and thanks for your training experience. Good luck with your trainer!

I had great training. We drove 3 trucks while in training. You will practice on 2 older model Freightliners/Kenworth (1997-2000) while on the range. We drove a 2012 Kenworth for road driving. You will be responsible for your food while at MTI except for breakfast which the hotel provides. Yes, Millis does have the cameras. They also govern your speed at 66. Good luck!

My Millis Transfer Training in Burleson, Texas.

Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you. Good luck on passing you driving test and keep us updated with your progress at Millis.

Sean

Thanks Sean! It was really great meeting you and talking with you through out training. I can't wait for us to meet again out on the road. Good luck in Arkansas my friend!!

Are trucking companies switching to automatic transmissions?

when did this ruling apply ..do you know ?

I just started hearing about this in the past few months and I don't even know if it's nationwide or if it's on a state by state basis. But we've had several people in here that were told they would have a restriction on their license if they tested in an automatic.

Hey Bret, here in Texas you can test in an automatic and not get the restriction on your license. Just a FYI smile.gif

Are trucking companies switching to automatic transmissions?

I heard at school from my instructor that Millis is transitioning into automatics. I actually didn't get my chosen trainer because they just gave her a new 2015 Kenworth automatic. I personally want to drive manual for a few years but must say I wouldn't mind an automatic after that. We haul mostly beer and from what I hear it doesn't change the ability to haul it like a manual transmission.

Best trucking companies to drive for??

I recommend Millis Transfer. I just finished training with them and I will say it was top notch. They don't have classes bigger then 8 people max. I was in a class of 2. Needless to say I drove and backed the truck for at least 6 hrs a day. I also had the chance to speak with a lot of the drivers and they all love it there. My trainer has been with Millis for 18 years.. If you have any additional questions message me. Cheers and good luck!

I just completed my first solo run!

dancing-dog.gif Congrats Jolie!!! Sounds like you had a great first run. I just completed my training with Millis Transfer and will be doing my road test at the DMV this Friday. I can't wait to get out on the road with my trainer. Good luck in the future, maybe we can meet up as well once I;m in my own truck. Take care out there.

Hey Photogirl I don't know where you live, but I live near Trenton, OH where Millis has a location I believe. If you are going to be in the area let me know because we may be able to meet up around there. I will be running a dedicated Midwest account so will be in the states close to Ohio. Good luck on your test!!!!

Thanks so much! Absolutely! I would love that. We haul mostly beer and we only do the eastern half of the US so there's definitely gonna be a time I'm in Ohio. Look forward to meeting you soon.

I fogot to mention, I live in Houston, TX.. Cheers!!

I just completed my first solo run!

Driving Footwear

I purchased some "Georgia Boots" womans work boots from amazon.com. They are great!!!