Comments By Lone Wolf

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0700701001556961421-86085.jpg avatar
  • Lone Wolf
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  8 months ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

You can keep each other awake tomorrow if you’re grouped up.

Yeah, we'll be the group that looks like they're just coming off a bender.

Posted:  8 months ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

That's funny, I said the same thing to the guys I'm traveling with. There's 6 of us heading to SpriMo for orientation.

“Greyhound - The Gift That Keeps On Giving!”smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Did I mention I won’t ride a bus?good-luck.gif

Posted:  8 months ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Well, my Greyhound bus adventure just went from bad to worse. Left out of Greensboro, NC Saturday 12 pm. Was scheduled to be in SpriMo Sunday 1 pm. So, long story short... The bad: 2 reroutes and 1 one hour delay later put me getting into Springfield 11 pm Sunday. Now the worse: bus leaving from St. Louis bound for Springfield, 6 pm departure time just got delayed until 10:30 pm. That puts me at getting into Springfield at 3 am Monday morning. That's if all goes well and no more issues. So what was supposed to be a 25 hour bus ride has turned into a 40 pain in the arse... at this rate I'll have to get off the bus and head straight to orientation stinky, tired and hawngry... gotta love it.

Posted:  8 months ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Thanks Rainy! I'm not fretting to much over the training. I'm expecting it to be challenging and stressful and everything in between. Besides, if i can survive this bus ride I can survive anything. Should have been in Springfield by now (1 pm). As of now, not gonna get there until around 11 pm. So far, have been rerouted twice and have had one 1 hour delay. Crazy...

Posted:  8 months ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Anthony, thank you and back atcha!

Congrats. I am scheduled for next week. Good luck !

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Ok, so good news is I've meet 3 others that are on the bus heading to Springfield. The bad news is that instead of arriving around 1 pm Sunday, like originally scheduled, we won't arrive until 10:30 pm Sunday night. Greyhound had some issues in Nashville and we had to be rerouted. 25 hour trip just turned into a 34 hour trip. Hopefully no more issues will arise. Was really looking forward to getting a good nights rest before orientation Monday. Oh well, it is what it is.

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Thanks Bruce. Hopefully everything will work out with Prime, driver shortage or not. Have been waiting and preparing for this for months now. Not gonna let something like higher than anticipated driver retention stop me. Adapt and overcome! That's my motto.

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Appreciate the well wishes Scott and JJ... Yeah, I just read about the changes to the TNT program last night. Was wondering if it was gonna have any affect on me. Looks like I'm just squeaking in before it goes into affect?

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Appreciate the well wishes Rob. I've been waiting and preparing for this for a couple few months now. No slacking here. I'm chomping at the bit to go. Ready to get er did!

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Hey anyone else out there on the way to Prime Orientation this weekend? I'm on the Greyhound heading that way now. Should be in Springfield around 1 pm tomorrow, if all goes well. Orientation to start Monday the 20th. Anyone else???

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

So the day has finally come! I'm at the Greyhound station waiting for the bus that will take me to Prime Orientation. Bus leaves out of Greensboro, NC at 12:10 pm and if all goes according to plan I should be arriving in Springfield, MO around 1:05 pm tomorrow. Couldn't sleep a wink last night. Have been looking forward to this day for a while now. I'm both excited and nervous. It was a little more emotional saying goodbye to my kids and parents than I thought it would be. Is all good though. I'm looking forward to the opportunity and the experience. Can't wait to get to SpriMo and get started. Wish me luck!

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Hey Turtle, thanks for the heads up and for the info. And thanks to both you and PackRat for the well wishes. That's what I love about this site... everyone's willingness to help.

Posted:  8 months, 1 week ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Hello ladies and gents. Gary here, aka Lone Wolf. Long time lurker, first time contributor. A little about me... I'm a 48 year old ex-marine from North Carolina, and the single dad of two beautiful and wonderful kids. Driving a truck and living life on the open road has been a life long dream of mine. I had an uncle that was an OTR trucker and as a junior high and high school kid my cousin and me would get to hit the road with him for a couple of weeks during summer vacations. Man did I love those trips! I looked forward to them every year. Uncle Bill passed away many years ago but the memories of him and those trips live on. Now I'm at a point in my life where I am able to make my dream of being an OTR trucker a reality. Joining the Marines, getting married, having kids, and raising a family put this dream on hold for a bit. Not that I'm complaining mind you. I love my kids and I love being a dad and I loved being a Marine and serving my country. But now it's time for the next chapter in my life. So... Started looking into trucking companies that offered paid CDL training a few months ago. After much research, talking to recruiters, etc., I finally decided to go with Prime. I leave for orientation Saturday May 18th. Will be arriving in SpriMo Sunday May 19th. Orientation to start Monday May 20th. I can hardly wait to get started. I feel like a kid counting down the days until Christmas. So just wanted to say hello to everyone. Especially the Primates on here. One last thing before I go and the main reason I wanted to leave a post. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this site! I was on a lot of "trucker sites" before finding Truckers Truth and to be honest I was seriously starting to question if this was something I still wanted to do. All the other sites were soooo negative. They had nothing good to say about any trucking companies or about trucking in general. Everything was about how bad companies treat drivers, about how much they'll work you and how little they'll pay you, you'll never get home, sit for days waiting for loads, be treated like trash, about how often and how hard you'll get screwed etc, etc. They made modern trucking sound like a horror show. So thank you Brett for Trucking Truth. This is a great trucking forum. Also, thank you to all the moderators and to all the other members that contribute their time and expertise to answering questions and making this site not only informative but fun. I've read so many posts and have gotten so much information from some of you that I feel like I know you already... Old School, Turtle, Rainy, G-town, and of course Brett. I can tell you guys (and gals) not only love being truck drivers but you equally love helping and sharing your knowledge with others. For that I thank you all. May 20th, 2019- Prime Orientation here I come...!!!