Profile For Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf's Info

NC

Company Driver In Training

5 months, 3 weeks ago

Lone Wolf's Bio

I have a quiet confidence that screams loud. I am humble, but strong. I am stable, but rebellious. I am giving, but not naive. I choose my battles wisely. I'll stay silent until it's time to fight... and when that time comes; FIGHT, I do. I am wolf. Quietly I will endure. Silently I will suffer. Patiently I will wait. For I am a warrior. I will survive.

Posted:  4 months ago

Game: What Excites You Now That You Drive?

A long hot shower. And I do mean long and I do mean hot!!!

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

We aren't the only ones. Two trainers last night at Applebees said they were doing the same thing. Bobtailing to Salt Lake to pick up a trailer.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Evidently. That's what the trainer said.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

About to leave Springfield on first run with trainer. Gonna bobtail to Salt Lake to pick up trailer then head for the East Coast. Not sure where yet but who cares? Gonna be a hoot...

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

So Friday went like this... 0530 wake up and shower. Took shuttle over to Millennium Building for breakfast, safety meeting, and tour. Millennium Building is awesome. It's huge. You'll just have to get through orientation and see it for yourself. Very impressive. 1130 Lunch. Phone call from my trainer during lunch... 1330 to 1530 spent 2 hours on the pad doing pre-trip and driving bobtail around the pad. At 1530 was released to Anthony, my trainer. Met Fleet Manager. Then spent 2 hours driving bobtail with Anthony around Springfield and out on the highway getting comfortable with the truck. Felt like a 16 year old kid in his first car. It was great. Then returned to pad and practiced backing until 2200. Backing is gonna take a lot of practice. Very challenging. Straight backing was pretty straight forward. Offset backing was another story. I felt like I was doing horrible at it. Anthony said I was doing great. I think Anthony was telling stories. But with each attempt and pointers and tips from Anthony I did see improvement. Gonna take a lot more practice but I'm confident I'll get there. 2230... dinner at Applebees with my Anthony and a few buddies of his. Saturday we're gonna be on the pad practicing more backing. Then at some point gonna cruise around Springfield and sorrounding highways pulling a trailer getting comfortable with that. Then Sunday hitting the road with a real load. I can't wait!

Just automatics.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Thank you, Rainy. It was very nice meeting you. Really enjoyed talking to you. Don't be a stranger...

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Lone Wolf and Rainy... it wasn't just my imagination.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Yeah, let me know when you get in Spiff. Would be nice you.

Off to PrimeSpringfield 6/3

So I have been inching my way toward driving a truck for a year now since my bestie made the jump. Because of that I have her experiences to encourage and warn me and I am really grateful for that.

I start in the first class as Prime changes her training program - the only real change being 50k on the road with a trainer as opposed to 30k before. But with the extra 20k miles comes a little bump from $700 to $800 a week gauranteed as long as I am available for dispatch. This includes waiting for a truck.

My recruiter said there was a lot of mixed responses to this but I am happy for the extra training. I have dipped my toes in the manual but it's time to dive in. I even got a little nudge note from Brett (thanks, I appreciate it!)

Wish me luck!

Good luck, Judith. I'm currently going through Prime Orientation. Take the High Road Online Training Course offered on here. It'll prepare you nicely for the permit and endorsement tests. I ran through it twice and passed them all first try. It's a great tool.

Living in the Truck

That's what I plan to do. Before leaving for orientation I made 4 trips to the Salvation Army, 2 to the dump, sold and gave away a bunch of crap, the rest went in storage. Just didn't make sense for me to be paying all that rent and utilities for a place I'll hardly ever use. Plan to live out of the truck.

Prime Inc. CDL Training Week 1 Springfield MO

Thorpester, small world. I'm in the same orientation class as you. So far, you are the only other one I know of that's on Trucking Truth.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Anthony, thank you for the well wishes. I'll do another post later on today about my thoughts and advice on orientation. Bruce, I kept telling myself "Don't forget to get a pic, don't forget to get a pic" then on the way back to the hotel I was like "Damn, forgot to get a pic"! She's here for another day or two. Maybe I can get her to meet me again for a photo op???

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Thursday... 0530 wake up, shower, breakfast, in class at 0630 for roll call and processing information update. Basically just a class to let you know where you stand with completing all your orientation tasks. And thats it for today until 1500 (3:00 pm). That'll be a Clearing Meeting and at which I'll be getting my purple badge!!!

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Ok, so Wednesday went like this: Rise and shine at 0530. Shower, breakfast, in classroom at 0630 for a benefits class. Class was over by 0830 and the rest of the day was pretty much mine to do with as I wanted until 2115 (9:15pm) for my simulator assessment. Passed that and that was it. Everything completed for orientation. Best part of the day? I got to meet Rainy! It was great. She is full of great advice and stories and very willing and generous about answering questions and helping you out. Thank you again Rainy!

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

That would be great. Would be nice to put some faces to names. All you Primates on here are a big part of me choosing Prime.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Really? Wow! That would be great. Never met a celebrity before. Would get a kick out of that. No joke. Would be an honor.

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Thought I'd update this post and my quest for the purple badge... so far things couldn't be better. After a grueling 40 hour bus ride I arrived at Campus Inn at 3 am Monday morning. Checked in and hit the rack for a 2 hour power nap. Woke up at 5:30 am bright eyed and bushy tailed. Showered, grabbed some breakfast in the cafeteria and was in the classroom at 6:30 raring to go. Filled out lots of paper work and given the run down on how things were gonna go for the week. Then drug test, physical, and file review. Lunch. Then simulator class. Dinner. Spent the rest of the eveing/night working on CBT's until 11 pm. Knocked out 19 of the 34 modules. Then bed... Tuesday morning started again at 5:30 am. Shower, breakfast, in the classroom by 6:30. Had a pre-trip class then off to the DMV at 11 am for permit and endorsement tests. Passed them all first time around, got permit and MO license issued. Then back to Campus Inn. Lunch. Knocked out the remaining 15 CBT'S. Then had a Health Awareness Class. Dinner. Then Simulator Class. Has been a busy but productive 2 days. Have gotten a lot accomplished. Am feeling pretty good right now. Rest of the week should be pretty easy compared to these first 2. Have a benefits class in the morning and then nothing until the Simulator test at 9:15 tomorrow night. Purple badge is almost within reach!

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Finally!!! Will be in SpriMo in a little over an hour. The Nightmare On Greyhound Street will be over... This is it for posts from me for a while. I want to give orientation all my time and energy. When it's over I'll start a new thread and let anyone that's interested know how it went. Thanks for all the well wishes fellas. Until then... Be safe.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Ha, that's funny. The exact same thing has happened to me. Bus got delayed in St. Louis for 4 hours. Still haven't got to Springfield. Will be there around 3 am Monday morning. Have had two delays and have been rerouted twice. Have a thread about it in the general discussions section. Has been an experience for sure.