Profile For Bullitt_VW

Bullitt_VW's Info

Limerick, PA

Considering A Career

7 months ago

Bullitt_VW's Bio

40 Something looking for new career. VW Enthusiast (Diesels and Gassers) MY handle is from one of my favorite movies with Steve McQueen

Bullitt_VW's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Seriously considering CDL A school/training

Im from Montco, and im 48 married with a kid.

I looked at local schools, com. College programs and Company programs.

With advice of gtown and others on this site, i decided to go company OTR training route. (I havent started yet, i got delayed.)

If you are dead set on local. A duie pyle has a program out of west chester. i dont know much about it.

Though, i strongly suggest you heed to the advice given by gtown. Also, use the search function and read up on experiences of training and rookie life.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Eye Candy

After some research. Could be from Gerhart’s machinery Mack truck show in Lititz Oct. 5th

Pottsville PA?

Looks like the B-Model Mack (B-61 likely. late 50's early 60's) was either "headed to" or "returning from" a truck show or some other event. Notice the cooler? Love the twin stacks. Short wheelbase, single axle bob-tailing; probably quite a handful in the rain...

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Eye Candy

On route 422 or route 100?

Haha g-towns neck of the woods. I live close too

0289246001571000212.jpg0797246001571000231.jpg0523992001571000251.jpg

Saw this old Mack last week near Pottstown, PA. In the rain, and moving, so not the best quality pictures.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

4200 jobs cut in trucking in the month of September

Thank you OS!

I love reading up on things up for discussion. Why i asked for source. I wasn't implying anything.

Bullitt, his source is an article that I saw myself. It's accurate, but not indicative of a recession in the industry. I'm trying right now to find it. I'll post a link if I come up with it.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

4200 jobs cut in trucking in the month of September

You cant post a thread like this without posting up with a source of your statement. It would help.

Is the trucking industry in a recession?

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Blind Spot Engineering Research Interview

Mirror cams are coming to market. Mercedes Benz, owners of Frieghtliner, have been rolling them out on their Mercedes Benz Actros line in Europe.

They are installed on the A pillars. They also act as security cams if you have curtains drawn.

Are blind spots a significant issue? We are a group of high school seniors enrolled in an engineering class tasked to design a solution to a problem. We are currently conducting research on truck blind spots to determine if it is a challenge for truckers. Click the link below if you are interested. Thank you! Blind Spot Interview

Posted:  2 months ago

My return to work

Awesome Congrats!

I PASSED!!!

Wrapping up some paperwork then heading home!

3 whirlwind weeks of 0500-1600.

I received my comdata card and am waiting to discover my mentor. Then back to the hotel.

I’ll update more when I know it.

Cheers,

G

Posted:  2 months ago

What's the most exciting thing you've ever seen or done as a driver on the road?

Todd has done both, me thinks. So ive heard through the scuddlebutt.

Good morning! For me the ultimate adventure could be the prospect of driving the Coquihalla "The Coke" Highway (Highway Thru hell) in British Columbia, Canada during a bad winter having seen the TV series with Jamie Davis the recovery operator of Hope, BC. Who here has literally driven this highway thru hell? Another thing that would make me soil my pants would be spotting Bigfoot's crossing in front of my rig while driving through the Pacific Northwest during some foggy night. Who here has spotted the big ape of legend?

Posted:  2 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

I noticed a difference during the split study. I looking forward to better rest. Im eager to get started.

Congratulations on your new journey!

My CPAP changed my life, I feel immensely better and never go without it. Setting up the tracking is pretty straight forward.

I’m wrapping up my training with Swift in Lewiston, ID. Today was my last day, but I’ve got to wait until Monday to test.

Take care,

G

Posted:  2 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Update....

I’m now down Just over 20 pounds. Though, Ive had a sleep study done and I have sleep apnea. I awaiting my APAP machine. I hope by end of next week. Then get my 30 day compliance in.

Gtown I could go to Phx ( per recruiter) but i would pay my way. Ive decided i would just goto Richmond anyway If and when the time comes.

Posted:  2 months ago

Halvor, Hummer, Butler, etc.

G-town do you run down eastern shore MD? Easton, denton, cambridge?

Posted:  2 months ago

Eye Candy

1st Pic..... Is that a Diamond Reo wrecker?

Posted:  2 months ago

Veriha, Swift, or Prime

Are you going to Pittston?

Please, keep us informed about ur journey. Im curious to hear how it goes.

Good luck!

Update: I’m starting in 10 days with Prime. I listened researched and looked inside me to figure the best match for me. All the choices I narrowed down to were all close. We all find our place and this is the one for me.

So now that I am settled on my company choice, when do the nervous jitters dissipate? Asking for a friend. 🤔🤣

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Is This List Of Companies That Offer Paid CDL Training Complete?

A. Duie Pyle Northeast regional ltl,tl carrier has own school

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Bullitt's New Journey

G-Town - Thank You! I had conversation on Friday with recruiter, I didn't settle on start date yet. I'm hoping between Columbus Day and 1st of November. I wanted to talk to wife first. She's a Girl Scout leader and she is away camping with her troop this weekend.

Joe - Ok, then. I'll stick with online, and the program on here.

The main thing is to use the tools available and adjust.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Roger that, I plan to use the training program. Thank you.

Bullitt, it's great if you want the CDL manual, but the whole thing is built right into the High Road CDL Training Program.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Since my daughter is back in school. I've turned attention towards myself and pursuing a Trucking career.

I have been accepted to Swift's Training program. The closest Academy is Richmond. Though, I'm also thinking of Phoenix. I have family out there. My wife and I have thought about moving to Phoenix. I'm not set on a particular campus, and it's really a minor detail in the scope of things.

Next step is Med card and Permit.

The good thing is that the medical practice I go to, has a DOTME on staff. I'm working with them on a healthier me. I have crept up in weight in the last 5 years, I've gained 30. Good news is that I've lost 15 pounds of those already since beginning of August. I'm feeling much better.

Monday, I plan to run to the DMV and pick up a copy of the Manual. I would like an actual copy of it, to make notations etc. I will ,also, start TT high road online program too.

With that said, I would like to thank all the Mods and active members for such a great community and the wealth of information on TT. I look forward to your insight and sharing my future experiences.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Shrooms very bad very bad..embarrassed.gif

Has anyone seen or heard of a credible sighting in their travels!!!

I used to have credible sightings of Sasquatch, but that was back before they started doing all this drug testing. smile.gif

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Well, Joe do you have any updates about a pursuing a Trucking career? Because I'm interested if you made any progress since you last posted 3 weeks ago.

I have, and will be shortly starting my own thread, as I have been accepted to a Company Paid training program. Now it's time to get my med card and Permit.

Good luck with your future

Ok so this weekend is the Bigfoot Festival in Marion NC. I thought who better to ask than the men and women who continually travel the USA and CANADA. Has anyone seen or heard of a credible sighting in their travels!!! And yes Im prepared to be laughed at and ripped for thinking they may be out there. Unfortunately I could not attend the Festival this year!! Thanks Joe

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

I hope you can reach ur destination via 476/ridge pike in conshy. And not i76. Rough time ouch. Though, G-town would have more insight as a driver.

I grew up near conshy in Gulph mills. Cant wait for updates! Good luck!