Profile For Bullitt_VW

Bullitt_VW's Info

Limerick, PA

Considering A Career

4 months, 2 weeks ago

Bullitt_VW's Bio

40 Something looking for new career. VW Enthusiast (Diesels and Gassers) MY handle is from one of my favorite movies with Steve McQueen

Bullitt_VW's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Bullitt's New Journey

G-Town - Thank You! I had conversation on Friday with recruiter, I didn't settle on start date yet. I'm hoping between Columbus Day and 1st of November. I wanted to talk to wife first. She's a Girl Scout leader and she is away camping with her troop this weekend.

Joe - Ok, then. I'll stick with online, and the program on here.

The main thing is to use the tools available and adjust.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Roger that, I plan to use the training program. Thank you.

Bullitt, it's great if you want the CDL manual, but the whole thing is built right into the High Road CDL Training Program.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Since my daughter is back in school. I've turned attention towards myself and pursuing a Trucking career.

I have been accepted to Swift's Training program. The closest Academy is Richmond. Though, I'm also thinking of Phoenix. I have family out there. My wife and I have thought about moving to Phoenix. I'm not set on a particular campus, and it's really a minor detail in the scope of things.

Next step is Med card and Permit.

The good thing is that the medical practice I go to, has a DOTME on staff. I'm working with them on a healthier me. I have crept up in weight in the last 5 years, I've gained 30. Good news is that I've lost 15 pounds of those already since beginning of August. I'm feeling much better.

Monday, I plan to run to the DMV and pick up a copy of the Manual. I would like an actual copy of it, to make notations etc. I will ,also, start TT high road online program too.

With that said, I would like to thank all the Mods and active members for such a great community and the wealth of information on TT. I look forward to your insight and sharing my future experiences.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Shrooms very bad very bad..embarrassed.gif

Has anyone seen or heard of a credible sighting in their travels!!!

I used to have credible sightings of Sasquatch, but that was back before they started doing all this drug testing. smile.gif

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Well, Joe do you have any updates about a pursuing a Trucking career? Because I'm interested if you made any progress since you last posted 3 weeks ago.

I have, and will be shortly starting my own thread, as I have been accepted to a Company Paid training program. Now it's time to get my med card and Permit.

Good luck with your future

Ok so this weekend is the Bigfoot Festival in Marion NC. I thought who better to ask than the men and women who continually travel the USA and CANADA. Has anyone seen or heard of a credible sighting in their travels!!! And yes Im prepared to be laughed at and ripped for thinking they may be out there. Unfortunately I could not attend the Festival this year!! Thanks Joe

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

I hope you can reach ur destination via 476/ridge pike in conshy. And not i76. Rough time ouch. Though, G-town would have more insight as a driver.

I grew up near conshy in Gulph mills. Cant wait for updates! Good luck!

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

What Made You Decide To Become A Driver?

And why my post was about golf.

His posts have nothing to do with the content itself or questions being asked. Its the attention he seeks.

G-town was picking up the “scent of Todd”...explains my inquiry to George...

So George,... tell us a little about yourself...

Why are you here?

What can we do for you?

You can always smell the Fox before you see them.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

What Made You Decide To Become A Driver?

For me its the sound when the club head hits the golf ball and goes PING. I love that sound. Especially in the morning when the 1st group tees off a few hundred yards off my back deck while sipping a freshly brewed coffee!

What is the single most important reason that compelled you to take up driving? shocked.png

What made you do it? dancing-dog.gif

PS - Some people are called by God to become Catholic priests, supposedly. Who or what inspired you to want to command these big steel beasts?

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Military Equipment Trucking

I know Mercer out of kentucky does alot of DoD work. I believe the drivers are O/O

I see a lot of civilian trucks pulling flatbeds with military trucks and equipment. How much business does the Department Of Defense do with the trucking industry? Is it a lot, or just a drop in the bucket? Are all the driver's O/O or are the big dogs involved in that sector?

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

How old were you when you started driving truck?

i just turned 48 last week. I hope to start this journey in Sept or Oct.

That's a good starting number :)

48 😄

Posted:  1 month ago

Diagnosed with sleep apnea, but lost weight and quit smoking.

Does your machine have a humidifier? Maybe crank it up more?

Do you have full mask or just nose?

So I slept with the machine for the first time last night. I am unimpressed. I woke up (all the way) more often than usual. My nose was stopped up and dried out and the mask hurt the top of my nose. Oh well it has to get better, maybe a different mask.

Posted:  1 month ago

Wow guyz!!! My inbox is full and texts unread!

Rainy:

You have been a great asset to TT. You have given us your time, wisdom and support to those starting out in this trucking lifestyle.

As you begin your healthier lifestyle, we in return will give you the support and encouragement you deserve.

Posted:  1 month ago

Youtube videos

Old school:

You have a very valid point. It should be shared for all to learn from.

Hey Bulitt vw i stopped at Knight transportation today i can send you a copy of the info i received if you can figure out how without airing or private contacts.

Hey guys, we'd love for you to keep the conversation going here in our forum. Whatever you think is valuable to Bullitt VW will also be valuable to others. I work for Knight and I'm always sharing information in here about my job and my pay. That's what we do here. We try to provide education and information. It makes it harder when you guys keep jumping outside our parameters.

Posted:  1 month ago

Youtube videos

You can send it to: tradewindvw (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thank you!

I'm also considering Knight, along with Swift and Prime. I have family in Phoenix, so if I go with Knight, I'll be covered with living arrangements.

Good Luck!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Medical card - Lesson learned

Here's a good primer on Sugar vs Honey as regards to Glycemic Index.

Honey vs. Sugar

My hubby puts honey in his coffee.... (think he got that from me, because I drink tea, but now use only lemon....) is that bad for sugar etc.. as well? He got his 2 year card in October of last year, but he's not getting any younger. He does a high protein diet, as well....just won't eat guac. LoL.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Putting my foot to the pavement, starting a new life journey, in trucking.

G-town:

I'll hit you up for that discovery ride in September after Labor Day, Thank you kindly. I very much appreciate it.

Though........

I saw in another thread you uber from the store to home. I was a ride- share driver last year (stopped to protect my clean driving record). If you need a ride home, I'll give ya one in return for your wisdom. LMK. :)

Bullitt wrote:

G-town:

I appreciate the links, I shall read them.

Yes, I would like to meet and talk to you about the lifestyle/career. I will contact you after the Holiday weekend, and try to meet up.

Especially, thanks for the ride offer. That's great!

Bullitt

Hey Bullitt...offer still stands. Saw your reply to another thread, figured I’d bump this.

Peace.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Youtube videos

Good Morning Joe:

I'm from Limerick, I'm also starting the process. I hope to start training after September, My kid starts school in a couple weeks. I'm trying to get things organized at home and things settled with wife. I would be interested to see what path your taking. Since we're from SEPA.

Good Luck!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How hosed am I?

I meant SOUTHWEST of paducah. This actually wasnt hard to find, it appears that KY 998 only runs for a short distance so I just looked at the map and that is only place it looks sketchy. It's possible it restarts elsewhere in the state but I couldn't find it.

One other thing worth noting with this road is the lack of a shoulder. The roads I've seen with this setup typically have a drop off on the other side. Also as bruce pointed out, unless theres storm drains 99% of the time you're going have a ditch for drainage purposes. That corner is far from ideal and the trees should be cleared up, but theres still no excuse. I really do wish you luck, but you really need to demonstrate that you learned from this mistake which has not happened in this forum. You've said you accept responsibility but then still try to pass the blame.

0585853001565568262.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Freightliner 2016 Issue

Did you take care of that leak you posted about 6 months ago about possibly come from the DEF tank?

Hey guys so the past couple weeks the solid amber engine light has been on not the check engine the solid one and then I noticed when I go uphill the actual check engine light comes on along with the little blinking DEF amber light the engine then derates to 55 for a bit then the lights go away except the solid amber one I don’t really wanna miss hours waiting in the shop, is this something serious. Thanks

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Swift hair follicle test

I plan to apply for company paid training in Sept/Oct, once my kid is back in school. Im looking at Prime or Swift.

I buzz my head because I've thinned over the years. Is there a min length hair they use. Could they take hair else where?

(I dont use and never have, never will)