Profile For Bullitt_VW

Bullitt_VW's Info

Limerick, PA

Considering A Career

8 months, 2 weeks ago

Bullitt_VW's Bio

40 Something looking for new career. VW Enthusiast (Diesels and Gassers) MY handle is from one of my favorite movies with Steve McQueen

Bullitt_VW's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 week ago

I am uncomfortable taking an on-site sleep study-I already have 2 year medical card

Kearsey, do you have the dreamapper app for your Cpap (bluetooth enabled)? I like using it. you can do quick reports on ur phone. even make a pdf of it.

I have been with Prime 4 years. if you dont have apnea, it you will test negative. the test and machine were cheaper than the doctors back home in NJ with the insurance. i tested negative... gained weight 2 yrs later i was required to do it again and tested positive. i hated the machine

Cardinal Sleep is not a part of Prime... They are an independent that has a satellite office in our terminal. Phillips makes the CPAPs The machine that cleans the machine is SoClean.

SoClean's website specifically says to use a "reputable company like Cardinal Sleep when ordering replacement parts because conterfiet parts habe been sold on amazon"... something to that effect.

The Prime doctor is not evil either. i use them as my promary care... even got a pap smear and mammogram referrals there.

You get a 2 month card due to DOT regulations, not the company.

hang in there.... Primes great.

Posted:  1 week ago

Orientation with Prime.

Yep, Similar situation with my wife. She did an in lab sleep study, but was not diagnosed.

NB. There are different types of Sleep Apnea. The most common is OSA, but there's Central SA and Complex SA ( both OSA and Central). OSA is Physiological whereas Central is Neurological. Central Sleep Apnea can happened when your brain has trouble switching from awake breathing to sleep breathing.

Have you spoken to or even heard of anyone who took the sleep study and did not have to get a cpap?

my wife had an at home sleep study, then went for an in lab and was told she doesn't have it. This was something she did on her own though, she does not have a CDL and it was set up through her primary doctor.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Know anything about Forward Air? (RE: CDL-B gig)

Yeah probably because they do a lot of expedited shipments of air freight.

Our family Company used them for our International expedited shipments from Europe. They were good to us.

Though, im in the philly area, dealing with the traffic around airport and being an old city. Theres a lot of demand on the driver.

Personally I know very little about them. Other than they have O/O who drive like mad men on I-65.

If you are looking for CDL-B opportunities Black Horse Carriers has some openings up that way.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Cdl permit transfer

Here's my convo with my Swift recuiter.....

Where ever your driver’s license is from. In PA we are able to send you to a few places. Here in Phoenix is an option but it makes getting your actual CDL a little harder. We have to get you back to PA to go into the DMV.

A. (Swift)

Good Morning A: I am awaiting an answer to this question. I live in the Philadelphia metro area. Though, I have family in Phoenix, and would like to move closer to them (Deer Valley). How do you base your decision on what Driver Training location one attends?

G.(Bullitt)

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Is over-the-road driving in 2020 as bad as this man in the video makes it out to be?

That youtuber is a retired Owner/Operator from Canada. So his point of views are more from that part of trucking. Not overall, like company driving.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-09nC0zIFsE

The Realities of Being a Truck Driver in 2020 - Is It Still Worth It?

I was curious to see what trucking is like now in this new year and in this new decade. It is the 20's again 100 years later. I hope it will be "The Roaring 20's" for drivers!

The guy in the video says OTR isn't the big money anymore, supposedly.

Posted:  1 month ago

Sleep Apnea Question

What the GOV cares/regulates about is different from what carriers require.

Last year Donald Trump got rid of the sleep apnea test as part of a requirement for the medical exam. So you may want to read this. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/08/how-asleep-should-truck-drivers-be/536058/

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Sleep Apnea Question

I also would look into a company training program. You will know right away what is required of the company in terms of CPAP compliance. There is no set Fed regs on it. So it's better to look at individual companies for answers.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Sleep Apnea Question

Make sure the home study is covered by MA. Some MA programs require a full in clinic sleep study.

Hey everyone! I am currently in the process of applying for grants to go to a local trucking school in a few months. I have also been catching up on needed dentist appointments, a physical, etc. due to getting on Medicaid and getting care I had been unable to afford for years. Both my PCP and I suspect that I have sleep apnea due to symptoms/family history and I'm going to get a home sleep study done soon.

My question is this: Assuming I do get diagnosed with sleep apnea and am given a CPAP, how long do I have to be using it to get a DOT medical card? Most of the sleep apnea questions I have read stem from people getting advised by the DOT doctor to get a sleep study and being given a 90-day card to get that done. I'm wondering that if I go for my DOT physical with a recent diagnosis of sleep apnea that I will be prevented from getting any med card until I have X amount of usage. I'm having trouble finding this information on the FMCSA website and was wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Responded right away. 👍

Bullitt I just sent you an email intro. Thanks G

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Blair:

Thank you, IT's great to have someone who recently went through the program share info.

I;m going to talk to my cousin over Christmas about rooming with him. He's lives in PHX. If he's cool with it, I'll most likely head there.

I used to live in Surprise, I've always thought about returning to the valley.

Bullit,

I just finished the PHX Swift academy 4 weeks ago and am in the mentoring phase. I'd be happy to share any knowledge if you end up out this way.

-Blair

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Thats works for me G-town. Thank you.

Im hoping to head to school mid January. So timing looks good.

Well... It's been an interesting 2 months since I last posted....

I had a cluster of a mess to get my APAP machine. The Doc's office sat on my 'script for 3 weeks because the person who handles went on vacation and did not submit beforehand. Plus, the Medical supply company did not forward my script to the Ins company to be processed. I was persistent and I was able, along with help from wife, to get it cleared and straightened out. I , finally, started treatment on 11/13/19.

Friday, 12/13/19 will be my 30 days and I have used it every evening avg. over 6 hours. the difference is incredible. WOW!

I'm down 30 pounds, also.

I'm ready for my next step and beyond.... Next week DOT card and Permit.

G-town, I would to take you up on your gracious offer for a Discovery ride. NB, I will be out of town 12/24 -12/28 for Christmas with family.

Great news on your progress. That’s fantastic!

Let’s pick a weekend date in early-mid Jan. I’m actually hosting Delco Dave on a ride-along on Dec. 29th. When it rains (snows?) it pours. I will let Brett know so he can send me your email address and we can exchange info. and make a plan.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Well... It's been an interesting 2 months since I last posted....

I'm down 30 pounds, also.

I'm ready for my next step and beyond.... Next week DOT card and Permit.

Posted:  3 months ago

Seriously considering CDL A school/training

Im from Montco, and im 48 married with a kid.

I looked at local schools, com. College programs and Company programs.

With advice of gtown and others on this site, i decided to go company OTR training route. (I havent started yet, i got delayed.)

If you are dead set on local. A duie pyle has a program out of west chester. i dont know much about it.

Though, i strongly suggest you heed to the advice given by gtown. Also, use the search function and read up on experiences of training and rookie life.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

After some research. Could be from Gerhart’s machinery Mack truck show in Lititz Oct. 5th

Pottsville PA?

Looks like the B-Model Mack (B-61 likely. late 50's early 60's) was either "headed to" or "returning from" a truck show or some other event. Notice the cooler? Love the twin stacks. Short wheelbase, single axle bob-tailing; probably quite a handful in the rain...

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

On route 422 or route 100?

Haha g-towns neck of the woods. I live close too

0289246001571000212.jpg0797246001571000231.jpg0523992001571000251.jpg

Saw this old Mack last week near Pottstown, PA. In the rain, and moving, so not the best quality pictures.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

4200 jobs cut in trucking in the month of September

Thank you OS!

I love reading up on things up for discussion. Why i asked for source. I wasn't implying anything.

Bullitt, his source is an article that I saw myself. It's accurate, but not indicative of a recession in the industry. I'm trying right now to find it. I'll post a link if I come up with it.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

4200 jobs cut in trucking in the month of September

You cant post a thread like this without posting up with a source of your statement. It would help.

Is the trucking industry in a recession?

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Blind Spot Engineering Research Interview

Mirror cams are coming to market. Mercedes Benz, owners of Frieghtliner, have been rolling them out on their Mercedes Benz Actros line in Europe.

They are installed on the A pillars. They also act as security cams if you have curtains drawn.

Are blind spots a significant issue? We are a group of high school seniors enrolled in an engineering class tasked to design a solution to a problem. We are currently conducting research on truck blind spots to determine if it is a challenge for truckers. Click the link below if you are interested. Thank you! Blind Spot Interview

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

My return to work

Awesome Congrats!

I PASSED!!!

Wrapping up some paperwork then heading home!

3 whirlwind weeks of 0500-1600.

I received my comdata card and am waiting to discover my mentor. Then back to the hotel.

I’ll update more when I know it.

Cheers,

G

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

What's the most exciting thing you've ever seen or done as a driver on the road?

Todd has done both, me thinks. So ive heard through the scuddlebutt.

Good morning! For me the ultimate adventure could be the prospect of driving the Coquihalla "The Coke" Highway (Highway Thru hell) in British Columbia, Canada during a bad winter having seen the TV series with Jamie Davis the recovery operator of Hope, BC. Who here has literally driven this highway thru hell? Another thing that would make me soil my pants would be spotting Bigfoot's crossing in front of my rig while driving through the Pacific Northwest during some foggy night. Who here has spotted the big ape of legend?