Profile For Anthony

CA

Student In Training

6 months ago

Anthony's Bio

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Prime Upgrade Freeze

Yes, I did hear that directly eye to eye with Prime office personal, and people I believe to be truthful.

And you are correct I should have said the statement I made, instead of guestion. Sorry.

But clearly you can see that my statement is structured as a concern or actually just passing on what I felt was good information to know.

Thanks again rainy for clearing up a few details about it. Maybe if a reply like that came before all the Don't drink the koolaid speeches, it wouldn't be so conflicting.

Trucking Truth is supposed to be the truth, a tool for us to share and learn from each other especially for us new guys. Just because we are new to trucking, doesn't mean we are stupid. Remember we are grown with years of experience in many fields trying to apply it to this new experience and career.

If anything this post alone doesn't make me feel very welcome and shows it's no better than any other trucker forum. Just because so many truckers lie and spread rumor, don't just assume we are part of the band wagon.

It's clear that what I am saying and my honest effort to be helpful was lost in the mail.

Forget I ever mentioned it, and good luck everyone. God bless.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Prime Upgrade Freeze

Wow, guys you totally missed what I was saying. Maybe I didn't explain it perfectly, but as always if they don't know the answer, they just go off in left field on a topic that makes them look good right !

Thank you Rainy for answering or clearing up the part about the new trucks. That helps understand what Prime is thinking.

The fact that this Rumor, is being stated by 2 of the top 15 Prime instructors awarded next week, several inspectors, and fleet managers makes me the negative Nancy for questioning or understanding Primes current reality ???

Also, thanks for the pep talk but if you really pay attention to what I am asking, instead of suggesting I change my way of thinking as if I'm not already a successful businesman, you might be more helpful in your feedback.

Like it or not , this is a very real question and concern many of us have. I totally hate the rumor train and negativity but clearly it's something wrong with me for asking.

I'm looking at 2 students per trainer and truck, ads for recruiting more instructors, a very high driver passing rate around 50 this week alone, and the fact that being cramped in tight spaces with even your favorite person too long often leads to negativity for both. Not enough trucks / Not enough loads begs the very question and concern us simpletons have.

Please forgive my wrong doing in asking such a bold question. Just thought I'd get an intelligent answer.

God bless

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Prime Upgrade Freeze

Well friends, as I make my way through PSD training and learn my way around all the facilities, I am hearing more and more about the current Upgrade Freeze and the statement " for the first time there are too many drivers and not enough trucks".

I was hopeful this was not the case but seems to be one reason why the 50,000 mile rule for TNT was changed. Many drivers are stating ready for Upgrade to solo but are put on hold, and prolonging Team TNT.

Enduring or sticking with a company through tough times makes a dependable employee, but I wonder if it doesn't hurt Prime in the end vs slowing or freezing Recruiting.

Maybe you experienced truckers know more about it, but figured I would put a little confirmation to the rumor.

God bless.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

No you are not paid the first week but are advanced $200 a week after you pass permit, medical, and simulators. Most folks test for CDL after 14 days I think.

My class was smaller due to memorial day but about 60 folks. Less than half were sent home for medical, no proof of work history, drug tests, or not passing the permit by Friday afternoon.

If you show effort and attend all classes early, they will work with you. If you fail to take advantage of these tools and opertunities your are gonna get sent home.

Hope it helps.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Off to PrimeSpringfield 6/3

Congrats on making your first step towards a new adventure.

I just completed the PSD first week yesterday and all I studied was The High Road Training guide and passed the first time, also the Pre Trip guide with pictures are word for word Prime verbage. Both are found on Trucking Truth.

My class is the very last of the 30,000 miles but as stated it doesn't mean anything. It is all based on your learning speed and ability.

*** Always be Early !!! *** Study before coming to Prime for Permit !!! *** Practice Pre Trip until you Dream the Verbage.

Changes,

50,000 miles required.

Com data cards are MasterCards not regular ATM cards as before.

Food is priced, around $5 for breakfast, $7 for lunch, $7 for dinner for free. If you go over just pay the difference.

Get as much done as fast as you can, do not wait til the last minute. Prime is watching and your effort will pay off.

Very nice people, simulators can be a little sea sick at first but you get use to it quickly. Watch All Signs !

Hope this helps, just thought I'd tell ya things I saw folks stuggle with this week.

God bless.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

Friday, Got the First of the awesome badges you get at Prime for making it through the first week. Access to the main building and many really nice amenities.

Friday afternoon, got the call from my PSD instructor. Haven't met yet because he is out on a load but will meet this weekend. Honored to know he has train more than 100 students to pass on their first try, and we will have to stop for his banquet for the top 15 trucking trainers award ceremony.

Wow, not sure if I deserve that but thankful for the opportunity to learn from one of the best.

Prime has really impressed me so far. Looking forward to working with you Primemates !

Saturday, Pre Trip, Pre Trip, Pre Trip !

I am literally dreaming ....

Properly Mounted and Secured Not Cracked Bent or Broken No Abrasions Bulges or Cuts

Dear Lord let me retain all that verbage cause as a true Redneck, English ain't my first language. Lol

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

I passed my test..

Congrats ! Nice work adjusting and overcoming the many obstacles.

Good luck and God bless you.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

Thursday, new birth certificate finally came in. The Missouri DMV is now happy, and I have a CDL permit in hand !

While at Prime I have met a great group of folks. Trainers and instructors put up with a lot of crap from people and tolerate a lot of lazy or silly people. They definitely show their helpful and professional culture to those who actually try, listen, and meet tasks in a timely manner.

So thankful I chose Prime and the High Road training guide !

Now I hope a pray for a good trainer I can learn from and enjoy the next adventure.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

Wednesday PSD ...

First Pretrip class... Very impressive how they teach you and the instructor apearently wins awards for driver competitions.

First DMV trip to get permit. Passed all the first time, thanks to The High Road Training here on Trucking Truth !

All happy to knock it all out in one trip, then a old version of a original Mississippi birth certificate isn't valid as of 2011 ?! Thanks for the heads up Mississippi ! ... Now just waiting on the mail.

Got the CBTs done and ready for Sim class.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

Update...

Monday was a holiday so, I spent most the day studying for the permit and filing out paperwork at Prime.

Nice walk down to Walmart to pick up a few groceries because the cafeteria was closed.

Met a roommate that was about to upgrade to his own flatbed truck. Poor guy had 3,000 miles left to complete his TNT and his trainer quit and went home. Felt sorry for the guy having to wait for a new trainer for just that.

Tuesday, got to try the breakfast at Prime PSD cafeteria. Most food has a price, they allow so much per meal free, then if you go over the cost, you pay the difference.

Everything was hectic and lines were backed up getting all the paperwork, drug screening, and physical completed but I managed to get all but 8 videos done and completed 2 simulators. That's kinda cool, but the first time can be a little sea sick feeling until you get use to it.

I will say so far, it's a great group of folks here at Prime. Very nice and professional but you can tell they get their share of idiots... Not to be rude but true. Lol

Permit testing tomorrow !!! Good night.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

0700 finally Greyhound managed to get me to Springfield, MO. Now I remember why I fly, bit I guess it was an adventure. Definitely not as bad as some have had.

Folks at the hotel seem nice, and all the Prime trucks sure get the excitement up.

Happy Memorial Day !!!

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

I’m Starting At Prime Inc Salt Lake City Tomorrow

Good luck buddy, relax and try your best. Everything will work out for you.

I'll be taking on the PRIME challenge over in Springfield this week too.

There is a wealth of knowledge here with these good people.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Stuck In Pittston

Great way to make use of your down time. As a manager in my last career I always thought it was very beneficial for each department to at least see how their counter parts work. Makes for a much better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes.

Hope they get you rolling soon.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Water guy headed to Prime inc

Friends, today at 1200 I left Houston on a greyhound bus in route to Dallas, Oklahoma City, then Springfield MO as I begin my journey to Prime Inc for trucking school / orientation.

So far it has been a peaceful ride. Thanks to Jesus !

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

LOW FREIGHT---IS THIS TRUE?

FYI - There was a barge wreck in the Houston ship channel 2 weeks ago. One sank and the other leaked fuel all out in the bay. I counted more than 20 cargo ships and tankers anchored out near Galveston stuck waiting for them to clean it up and allow them to enter port.

That kind of thing definitely doesn't help as those loads are now backed up and delayed too.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

Is Prime still training on 10 speed manual or are they teaching automatic now ?

Just curious as I've seen statements that Prime has removed all manual transmissions.

FYI - I am starting class Tuesday, and my orientation / schedule does state 50,000 miles required. I saw that was a question or concern by other members here.

Thanks for the great friendship and advice.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

You might be a trucker if......

You might be a trucker if ...

Your truck is also your home time residence.

You anticipate the Surge while pulling your boat to the lake.

The carwash girls frown because you show up in your personal vehicle.

Lol Enjoy

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

I really need advice about my future

The thing is, in life there is always something new to learn, a new challenge you haven't faced before, and things you will forget.

As a manager, I can tell you jumping ship after a short time ( less than a year) doesn't look good and isn't enough time to reap the benefits. Even in your comfort zone you chose to leave.

We all have reasons for making the choices we do, but you left a place too soon to actually be noticed for your Legendary efforts. As the old saying goes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Managers and companies want to know you can handle anything they throw at you. Doing that doesn't mean being the fastest guy out there and it never leads to a Legendary title !

Also, now that things are tough, your almost ready to give up.

Giving up isn't dependable, Being unsafe is dangerous, Being a Legend doesn't teach you anything !

Take a deep breath and focus on what you want to achieve, don't be shy to ask for more training.

These lessons learned over time will make you an experienced professional truck driver who will become highly needed in this industry !

Good luck and God bless !

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Living in the Truck

I have always been a traveler, spent 3 years in a tent or plywood hut in Iraq / Afghanistan. Been to 13 countries in and out of hotels and plenty of RV living. After the last few years of having a house, yard work, bills for items with little or no use. I finally said to hell with it.

Traveling and living simple gets in your blood. Not having that real reason for being home drives me to go OTR.

My step dad was a truck driver and as a kid I remember sitting in his lap steering or honking the air horn ! I guess maybe Trucking is in the blood too. We shall see.

After years of managing water treatment systems around the world, I am really looking forward to focusing on my truck, the road, and getting the job done safely so I can meet good folks like you all.

Looking forward to all your homeless trucking ideas ! Lol

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime Inc (Relocating Home / Mail)

So I am headed to Springfield, MO this coming week to start CDL training with Prime. So far I am leaning towards OTR Reefer.

As a single man and intentionally homeless (not paying rent for a place I ain't using). Keep in mind I have no kids and family scattered across the south that I could claim as home.

Is there a central or good location to set up a PO box for mail ?

I am assuming Prime calls you back to their main office / terminal for company related stuff periodically ?

As Prime / Missouri makes you start with a Missouri permit or CDL does it make much difference in swapping the CDL over to another state after passing ?

Just curious really, a hope to get your thoughts on this ? Thanks for your support.