Profile For Joe S.

Joe S.'s Info

ottsville, PA

Considering A Career

7 months, 3 weeks ago

Joe S.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Joe S.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Celadon Bankruptcy Imminent

For second there it looked like Celadon was making a come back. They had scored a huge contract with Walmart, and was hauling their milk out of their Fort Wayne plant. Which they just opened after deciding to part way's with Deans food, and make their own. Cut out the middle man. Interestingly enough Deans loosing Walmart is a big reason why Deans just filed for Chapter 11. All of their drivers will probably be looking for work soon also. Crazy how many companies are going under at the moment. Way more than the ones that are making the news.

This is the reason I'm looking into a trucking career! Im a soon to be ex Dean Foods employee

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Maverick flatbed glass division it is.....

Andhe78 Thank you for your response, calling a couple of recruiters this week.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Maverick flatbed glass division it is.....

Glad to see I make you laugh so much for asking questions!!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Maverick flatbed glass division it is.....

Noob that wont be neccessary but thanks anyway!!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Maverick flatbed glass division it is.....

Anyone on forum still in Maverick Glass division?? Getting ready yo call a recruiter, my company filed chapter 11 couple of weeks ago time to get serious!!

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

I posted this for fun really upset with myself i fat fingered it to the wrong discussion board! I was in Marion last year and it was amazing how many "wackos " showed up. They are the " Hide and Seek" champions of the world you know!!

I That guy liked to drink a lot though.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Sorry to hear that.

My sister used to call me "bigfoot" cause i wear size 11. She passed away and every time i see a bigfoot reference it feels.like she is saying hello.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Bullitt's New Journey

In Pennsylvania the manual is only available on-line I tried to get one at Dublin DMV. Think you can buy a copy on Amazon if you really feel the need to.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Thanks guys it's all in fun!!

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Bullitt VW CONGRATULATIONS glad to hear you are moving on with your decision to drive. I'm still stuck at my current job but Wednesday I see the company Dr. To get my medical card have all paperwork from Transplant/ Kidney doctors she wanted. First step for me is i wanted to make sure that would not be an issue. I'm looking forward to following your success!!

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Western North Carolina Bigfoot Festival

Ok so this weekend is the Bigfoot Festival in Marion NC. I thought who better to ask than the men and women who continually travel the USA and CANADA. Has anyone seen or heard of a credible sighting in their travels!!! And yes Im prepared to be laughed at and ripped for thinking they may be out there. Unfortunately I could not attend the Festival this year!! Thanks Joe

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

Had a goog 40 45 minute conversation at Knight transportation answered all questions and freely gave info on miles schooling pay scale alot was discussed! I recommend giving them a call and at least talking.

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

Old School, thats exactly what Trent told me, i fully understand and believe you are going to make what you are "WORTH" in this business. Of course i do not know how things work exactly but without a good work ethic its not going to matter where you work. Knight will definitely be staying on my list of companies.

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

If this should be posted somewhere else please do I dont know how.

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

I stopped on my way by today this is what they gave me. Have to get CDL permit before applying, fill out application on line you spend one day in Carlisle DOT physical, Drug test, some paperwork. Then they send you to Phoenix ON YOUR DIME!! 3weeks classroom pay you $425 a week then 4 weeks OTR with trainer $500 a week. After classroom you take test then come back to Pa DMV gives you Pa. CDL. Then 4 weeks out, I was told by Trent Anderson " NO CONTRACT" to sign if after the 7-8 weeks its not for you walk away with a handshake no obligation to pay anything back. Probation first 30000 miles solo then you can have passenger/pet your on your on. They pay higher per mile shorter runs figure more in/out of truck more backing rather then just straight miles no B.S. Told me most people that leave is because of pay, they pay middle of the road others pay higher but they their own perks didn't really get into that to much. Trent was very nice open upfront no pressure he knows my first name that's it no email phone number nothing.

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

0255676001566260527.jpg0536007001566260567.jpg0411938001566260599.jpg

Posted:  5 months ago

Youtube videos

Hey Bulitt vw i stopped at Knight transportation today i can send you a copy of the info i received if you can figure out how without airing or private contacts.

I'm also considering Knight, along with Swift and Prime. I have family in Phoenix, so if I go with Knight, I'll be covered with living arrangements.

Good Luck!

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Youtube videos

Errol yes your right that was sarcasm and i do plan on sticking around because i know there's lots to learn here thats why i joined. And also like ive said many times nothing held back in these forums!! Im sure this topic is over done so im sure ill see everyone in another discussion. Thanks Again!!

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Youtube videos

Rob T. I fully appreciate all the time you guys take to respond and i know you are passionate and very helpful . That topic went way off base. I was thinking more about fundamentals rather then skills. Like I've said before im a truck loader not a truck driver just trying to learn. Years back the union( yes I'm a Teamsters know alot of you dont like that, but its where i work) was going to offer CDL training but it never happened. So im looking to get educated.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Youtube videos

Yes Errol i fully realize that im not a dummy just joking because my thread went hay wire! I think ill put some more thought into asking questions from now on. But i will continue to read, post?? Not do sure!