Profile For Amber L.

Amber L.'s Info

Ocklawaha, FL

In CDL School

5 months, 1 week ago

Amber L.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Amber L.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  14 hours, 45 minutes ago

CRST dot physical

My husband and I didn't have a whisper test done at US Xpress. Just went thru orientation on Monday. Did have one done at the CDL school we went to that wasn't related to us Xpress. I would think you would be fine if you had some sort of hearing aid. Good luck

Posted:  17 hours, 41 minutes ago

We are hired!! US Xpress here we come!!

Thank you Errol, Rob, Marc and PJ!!

I got proactive and asked around on the Facebook US Xpress pages and found a guy that I think is going to be a good trainer!! His words " I train drivers it makes no difference to me male or female. I have one requirement that you want to learn and do things the correct way." He even gave me his current trainee's number and I called and talked with her, she said he has been great! So I just hope the coordinator can make it work with him!! He has a friend that could possibly work for my husband so it seems to be coming together!!

Posted:  22 hours, 31 minutes ago

We are hired!! US Xpress here we come!!

Thanks OS! You're story is definitely an inspiration! I so appreciate all your help!

Posted:  22 hours, 34 minutes ago

US Xpress orientation and training

Day 3

Was really just waiting around the drivers lounge for the drug screening to come thru and them to finalize your employment. Didn't come thru for my husband or I so we were sent back to the hotel for the night.

Day 4

We came back in the morning and by lunch we both got hired!! They gave us each a packet of hiring papers and new books. Now we contact our training coordinator and they work on getting us set up with a trainer. Some people say it takes weeks and some say a day or two. I went ahead and got on a few US Xpress Facebook pages and asked if there were any available trainers out there, trolling the pages I've seen others get connected that way so hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

Posted:  22 hours, 40 minutes ago

We are hired!! US Xpress here we come!!

Yay! We did it! dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

I want to say thank you to everyone here for all the great information and support! I feel like without this site and forum I would be more intimidated and unsure about this career choice. You guys have really helped me feel inspired and excited to take on the challenges we will now face thru training and in our first year. THANK YOU!!!

Will keep y'all up to date on our progress!

Posted:  2 days, 1 hour ago

Tesla announces new electric Semi model

One of the guys I went to CDL school with was there because he has designed a new type of battery and is backed by Tesla to test out his battery in a truck himself. He said it would take him from coast to coast no charge! Obviously his battery isn't in production yet but he was pretty excited about it. Said the biggest difficulty with it is finding a replacement for the Jake brake because there isn't and engine. He agreed that autonomous trucks will not take over the industry, they may find a niche but won't take over.

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

US Xpress orientation and training

Day 2

More videos and questions for most of the morning. They handed out paper logs and some directions for us students on filling them out for orientation, they will collect those few days. Then we started learning about driver tech (Qualcomm) broke for lunch (more subway) and finished out the day with more on the driver tech. We waited around for the office ladies to dismiss us one at a time as they checked our applications.

Very simple.

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

Damn deers...

Thanks G-town! I don't plan on speeding just curious if that was true.

Posted:  2 days, 23 hours ago

Damn deers...

If you brake often times it causes more damage so just continue at current speed and hope it gets out of the way, unfortunately.

So I have a couple of questions. So you shouldn't take your foot of the accelerator and brake lightly even?? It makes sense to not brake hard as you can just end up in a worse situation but if you can slow down safely then it should cause less damage, physics of velocity and such.

Also we were told that if you are speeding they classify it as preventable?

Posted:  3 days, 5 hours ago

Damn deers...

So it ran out and hit that very front corner or you just barely couldn't avoid hitting it? I've totally seen deer run into the side of vehicles! Once driving a small truck I had to slam the gas pedal to the floor to avoid having a deer run into the side, just barely got past! Hope it comes up as not preventable!

Posted:  3 days, 18 hours ago

"Exaggeration Is The Key To Graduation"

Love it!

I'm thinking you could even exaggerate your GOALs by doing it more then you think necessary.

Thanks RealDiehl!!

Posted:  3 days, 18 hours ago

Hey Everyone Guess What!

Congratulations!! Hope it all continues to go well for you!good-luck.gifgood-luck.gif

Posted:  3 days, 18 hours ago

US Xpress orientation and training

I've never enjoyed writing so this will probably be brief but I noticed there hasn't been a training diary from US Xpress in a few years so I told myself I would do it.

Today was our first day of orientation in Jacksonville, FL. The "shuttle" picks up people starting at 6am if you drive you need to be there no later than 7 preferably before. They wanted you to use your phone to complete a medical history first thing. Then went over a few general, common sense rules, don't be late, no harassment etc. Then we started doing some videos as a group with some questions about them. While doing those they started in on the blood pressure and heart rate for each student. We were sent down stairs to wait in line (lots of waiting around!!) to finish our medical history with a nurse then do the physical standards test. It was standing on each foot for 15sec. climbing on a platform going under that platform, having your heart rate checked after each activity. Then lifting a light box to about waist high 20times then a heavy box to waist high then to a shelf about 5ft high and down to the floor once. Next is a pull and push test simply pulling a heavy wheeled cart 20ft or so with a little threshold and keeping it within the lines the pushing it back. All pretty simple I didn't see anyone really struggle with it.

Next they did the hair test and urine test and a little physical with a doctor. Lots of waiting around!!

They provide a 6in subway sandwich for lunch with chips and a cookie.

After lunch the experienced drivers went out for their road/backing test and the 5 students stayed to do more videos with questions until the end of the day. The videos are company policy and general safety stuff mostly.

Not too bad of a first day!

Our day will start at 8am tomorrow!

Posted:  4 days, 18 hours ago

Starting Roehl GYCDL Program In Appleton WI Nov.11

Not going to Roehl but my husband and I start with US Xpress tomorrow! Hope it all goes well with you!

Posted:  1 week ago

Student Driver

Wow! That sounds like a lot in a short time! Way to go! Enjoy that pizza!

Posted:  1 week ago

Student Driver

Ryan, thanks for keeping up to date! I'm very interested in your experiences. Heading to orientation on Monday so hopefully by the end of the week I will be in your boots!☺️

Posted:  1 week ago

Off to Prime 11/18...

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif I love the avatar! I have felt that way on and off through this whole process!! Congratulations on choosing and best of luck!

Posted:  1 week ago

Work boots or no work boots during otr training??

Thanks everyone for the responses!

It sounds like the consensus is a pair of work boots is well worth the space even when you are in your trainer truck! And several pairs can be handy for there on out! 😁

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Work boots or no work boots during otr training??

Yeah, I've read those and then this from trucker Mike on the blog

"Boots? I personally brought steel toe boots with me and haven't used them once. If you're going into flatbed, it's probably more of a necessity. But I'd say get a good pair of sneakers and that's probably all you'll need. They might be nice to have in case you need to pick up a trailer in a muddy lot or something, but if you don't have any boots to bring with you, I wouldn't worry about it."

He stresses trying to pack light so I'm just not sure.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

New and overwhelmed

Learning from the best! Thanks Errol! Paying it forward!