Profile For WombDweller

WombDweller's Info

Joliet, IL

Experienced Driver

2 years, 2 months ago

WombDweller's Bio

Graduated CDL school 10-15-19. First trucking employer 12-10-19.

Truckers Christmas Group https://truckerschristmasgroup.org/

Truckers Against Trafficking https://truckersagainsttrafficking.org/

Toys For Tots! https://www.toysfortots.org/

Goals:

Hauling Barbie doll bed for girl next door (Completed)

-CDL training, all endorsements (completed)

Orientation, Company van Driver (completed)

Solo (Completed)

Team Driver, (6mo) (Completed)

Orientation, Company Hazmat Tanker Driver (Completed)

Dedicated Hazmat Tanker (Current)

Emergency Responder Certification (Completed)

Hazardous Tanker Training Engineer (Planned)

Liquid Gases, Company/O-O (Researching)

Hazardous Tanker Owner/Operator (Researching)

Hazardous Tanker Fleet Owner (Researching)

Planning a semi truck golf cart training yards for children. Teach um young!

Nutritional Focus: Plant Based, Whole Foods, Gundry/Joe Cross lifestyle

I am proper secured, no loose parts, no abrasions, bumps, or cuts, and I am not leaking fluids.

WombDweller's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 days, 5 hours ago

Hazmat Tanker PPE

Thank You Spaceman Spiff, PJ, and PeteB. Great information you guys gave me.

I am in second year of handling chemical unloads, and what I thought was needed or important at the start of my tanker experiences has mellowed out to what do I really need, and as you guys stated, many customers handle the loads themselves.

At the start of this post, I was planning for What-If scenarios that haven't developed.

Posted:  2 days, 5 hours ago

Prescription glasses & Trucking

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Old School, Davy A. Pack Rat, Big Scott, Bruce K, Realdiehl.

I have attempted to use the progressive tri-focals and NO success for me. Eyes did adjust over time, but there are some annoying limitations.

The reading glass range is very narrow indeed, and I find my head having to move left to right just to read a page. (Which is why pop-up books are so much better!)

The Computer screen section has same problem, I have to keep raising and lifting my head to move around the screen. (Make me feel like my own bubble head!)

The long distance part is great, but it's at the top of the glasses, and again, I have to remember to lift head just so to get the accuracy. Considering that almost every single road in America is a constant bouncy house (with exception of Chicago) I can't keep my head steady enough to prevent eye strain. (Now Chicago, I think I figured out the issue. The MASSIVE POT HOLES, I think are where bodies were dumped into the concrete back at the factory, and over time, the bodies decompose in the concrete, and whalla,, MASSIVE POT HOLES! How else can you explain pot holes the size of fat Italians?

To be politically correct for the moderators, please select any mafia origin you like, I just picked Italians.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Prescription glasses & Trucking

I have spoken to eye dr's that have never driven a truck about concerns with getting my first pair of trifocals, or progressive lenses as I am to understand they are called.

I tried to explain my concerns that I need distance clarity due to the extremely long distance to slow or stop a rig.

I tried to explain that I need to look at many gauges every few seconds and how I can wait for eyes to adjust.

I tried to explain how I need to be able to look in to several different styles of side mirrors for backing and depth perception to manuever 53' trailer within an inch of objects was critical.

Everyone "Professional" I spoke to for reassurance that trifocal progressive lenses will be safe for trucking was giving me plausable denieability answers. "Practice at home first". "Take it slow". "If things don't seem right then come back to us". Clearly these folks have no clue what we as truckers do, and once our 80K missles are hurdling down the interstate, the last thing the motoring public needs is a driver becoming aware there is delay time with his/her glasses focusing.

With that explained, I would like to get some "Professional driver" input from drivers that use trifocal progressive glasses. Are they safe, do they in anyway impede the ability to make critical decisions when driving. Is backing perception affected?

Thanks to those that respond in advance!

Posted:  11 months ago

1st year filing taxes as a trucker

Thank you kindly Anne! Sounds great! I really enjoy Trucking Truth. Learn something new everyday!

Have a great day Anne!

Good day! I have a question regarding tax season as a trucker.

I am a company driver. 1st year driver.

Are there tax consultants that specialize in trucker taxes and deductions that are well known to truckers?

Please advise, and thank you in advance for suggestions.

H & R Block has been doing ours for a few years; helps with the Per Diem, and being homeowners; husband being a company driver as well. They take the prep fee out of our return. I used to do our taxes 'in the day' .. even took a class with Jackson Hewitt via my bro in law, who IS an accountant. Between Obamacare (insurance) and new legislature for drivers, et al .. owning stuff, just had to hang up 'my hat' to the professionals.

Just my 2cents! Have had the same representative for the last 5 years since he's been with his company..and same agent. Made an online appointment this year, as they only do Tuesdays and Thursdays, here local. Same guy, our guy.

When we first went to them.... We CERTAINLY requested a representative/agent that was familiar with our profession, and ended up with Aaron B. (here in Ohio) that actually paid for his degree in college, driving a semi. We got lucky; doesn't hurt to ask..!

YMMV, but .. works well for us!

Best to you, W.D.

I'm sure the pro's and vets will chime in.. but this worked for us for a good bit.

~ Anne ~

Posted:  11 months ago

1st year filing taxes as a trucker

Good day! I have a question regarding tax season as a trucker.

I am a company driver. 1st year driver.

Please advise, and thank you in advance for suggestions.

Posted:  11 months ago

Company rejecting workmans comp support

Glad for you Auggie! How much time passed from the moment you reported injury to treatment? Were you with Fed Ex at the time? I would curious to see if Sedgewick handle claims differently for different clients?

Hows your back now my friend?

I have been holding out for the company to step up. Something tells me when I get a lawyer, my employment with Schneider is over. I very much enjoyed working for Schneider bulk Ecolab dedicated.

Your time there may not be over. The lawyer will ask you if you want to return to work there or not. He/she will handle the case accordingly based on your answer to that question. If you want to return they will be a mediator until you are healed and back to work pending the company wants you back. If not, they will play hardball for your medical expenses, out of work pay and eventually a fair case ending settlement.

I went through this with a lower back injury many years ago. I wanted to return and company wanted me back but was physically unable to due to masonry work requiring constant heavy lifting.

It’s a shame that so many people have abused the system causing it to be this way. You shouldn’t have to fight when your proven to be injured. I wish you luck and hope you heal up and get back to work

Always wondered why Workers Comp lawyers advertised.

After reading your post, now I know.

That said, I was out for about 8-weeks due to an injury. Sedgwick managed the claim. Nary a problem. They kept in communication and I was paid like clockwork. They never bothered me about going back to work. That happened on my schedule and, actually, was quite glad to get back off my ass and working again.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Company rejecting workmans comp support

Thank you everyone for support and input.

To follow up on your questions Rick,

I am a company driver. I took out full medical, dental, vision when I started company. My company's WC dept. said they would set up my doctors. I had no idea they delay like they are.

I called my family doctor and he stated the injury was WC related and I needed to follow company guidelines to start. Then when I called back after month of delays he was very concerned as you stated the damage could be worsening. In fact it has. More spasms, finger locks in painful position without notice. I was advised to file an insurance complaint with my states insurance commissioners. Which leans towards legal action against my company.

No safety issues involved like 3 points of contact etc. I was simply turning a valve. As far as injury on off duty time, thats not possible due to not being out of truck for thirty days. Had not had home time for thirty days. Drove to customer location was performing tasks safetly when tendon snapped.

Sedgewick agent said that I had not even seen a MD doctor just a PA, and they don't see how turning a valve could do any damage. The rejection paperwork does not specifically state reason for rejection. I told agent I went to the medical staff they set up. If they wanted a MD and not a PA they should have set up the MD Of their choice. But they are acting as if I am in some way negligent for not seeing an MD.

I have had a couple members of my company contact me discreetly, Apparently when an injury occures rejection letters are standard practice. Those that fight back get some sort of compensation however getting back in the company truck is rare. I was advised to contact my health care provider to get immediate care. Delaying medical care can cause irreversable damage. It felt good to hear vetted company members reaching out to protect a driver, especially someone new. At same time it was distressing to hear leadership having to do behind the scenes calls to protect drivers. Shame on the company higher ups

My primary concern is my injury. If lawyers need to be involved then the decision was made by my companies lack of follow their core values, integrity. It was Schneider's core values and emphasis on safety that sold me on working for the company.

Always wondered why Workers Comp lawyers advertised.

Obviously the lawyers are in the game to make money but they are also looking out for the little guys. A company with good business practices and management will make you and your families well being and your healing/return to work a primary concern. They will comply with the laws, pay you while your out, get you fixed up and back to work. Under those circumstances, no lawyer is needed. Unfortunately, far too many companies consider an injured employee an enemy and work every little grey area of the law to not have to comply, thats when the lawyers come into play hence why they advertise

Nahh - take it from someone who has been working for lawyers for almost 40 years. They're in it for the $$.

That being said - it's a different story the way lawyers handle WC cases, when you're looking to get back to work - versus - looking for a permanent disability claim. And there's more $$ for lawyers on clients looking for perm disability. A comp attorney (like a PI attorney) usually works on contingency on a settlement (similar to SSI disability attorneys, who get a percentage of your retro-active claim when they finally put you on it). HOW HARD the attorney works for you is in direct proportion to WHAT'S IN IT FOR HIM. Not that I don't know some (OK - one or two) attorneys that have ACTUAL INTEGRITY - but let's not make them out to be some sort of paragons of virtue either. Funny - works for attorneys/yet despises them?

And without getting into too many compromising details - HOW - on the job, did you tear the tendon? IS the WVC company hassling you because you could have injured it OFF THE JOB, or because of a safety violation (like falling off the cab, because you didn't maintain 3 points of contact)? In other works - THEY ARE QUESTIONING THE VALIDITY OF THE CLAIM?

Are you a lease/op? Did you have regular company insurance (HMO/PPO/etc)? Did you attempt to get seen on your REGULAR INSURANCE? Depending on your coverage - even an OTJ injury, you should be a

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Company rejecting workmans comp support

Delco Dave, thank you for your input. I think your suggestion may be the end result. I can't delay much more. My hand has been throbbing for a month and half and I have to come to terms that my company cares less about my injury.

I wasn't under any illusion that I was anything more than a driver, but I would think that Schneider would see the financial benefits of getting my hand fixed quickly and get me back making them money.

I can't understand why anyone would lie about an injury. Workmans comp pay is no where close to a full pay check. Not to mention the doctors are trained to know an honest injury from a lie. In my case the proof is on the MRI, and the screaming I do when my finger is moved.

Contact a Comp lawyer, These insurance companies think everyone is faking an injury for a quick payout because so many people abuse the system. Some pressure and proof of injury presented by a lawyer may get them to cooperate

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Company rejecting workmans comp support

Need assistance from drivers that have had to battle their mega carriers for workmans comp support.

I am a tanker driver at Schneider. I tore tendon in my hand while on duty. I immediately reported to my DTL. I went into the doctor the company told me too. Hand put in splint. Xray taken, no damage. MRI taken, tendon damage suspected. The dr. Scheduled a hand specialist to look at my hand. Schneider's workman company Sedgwick block my timely MRI scan, then approved scan to be done after a month. Sedwick is now blocking hand specialist and sent letter of rejection for claim.

My vacation pay and bonus pay is not being released by company. They state they cant issue funds if I am receiving workmans comp. Segwick sent a check that says total payment. No more money provided.

I call companies workmans comp department, they state lady handling my claim in on vacation, nothing they can do until she gets back. I asked for letter stating my vacation pay and bonus amounts and when I was to recieve them, my dtl states recruiting is not getting back to her, but 3 months ago when I asked, she could pull them off screen within seconds.

I left message for my human resource agent, he wontvretutn my call, but has the workmans comp dept. Call me. The department says Sedgwick hasn't kept them up to date.

I can not use my left hand, I am substantial pain, no pay for month and half. I still have to pay insurance premiums.

I need help!

Anyone have sugfestions?

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Hazmat Tanker PPE

I am looking for hazardous tanker drivers/unloaders that may be able to offer some suggestions related to high quality hazardous ppe clothing.

My company provides basic PPE protective gear. I am looking for high quality PPE gear that will last, protect properly, and easy to get into and out of.

Looking for:

Helmet with face shield and neck apron that is corrosive resistant.

Gloves that go up arm at least half way. Glove liners to add extra barrier and generate ease for chemical gloves to slide on.

Corrosive boots with strong grip pull handles. Need to know more about standard version and winter. (Winter boots that wont crack)

Water cooled clothing that can be worn under pickle suit.

Need advice on how to properly contain hazmat clothing after unload.

Thanks!

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Terminated by Schneider

Almost Forgot. When all else fails, call Schneider in Green Bay Wis. Request to talk to human resources . Explain your issues.

Fight for your job! Learn from the experience. Turn a negative into a positive! Good Luck.

1-800-588-6757.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Terminated by Schneider

Story: after 6 months of driving dedicated for Schneider, My teammate and I switched to OTR. We received a new Freightliner and shortly thereafter began registering frequent stability control critical events. Previously I had only 1 stability control event in 6 months. I registered approximately 12 in one month of driving in the new truck, during which time my DBL quit and the new DBL issued me a CTE. I registered 5 more thereafter and was just terminated, 3 weeks after the CTE was issued, without recourse. Part of me is relieved to be done with Schneider and their bull**** but my question is is there any appeal I can make to the company? And if not, how will this affect future employment prospects?

I know very well about the sensors, black box, white box, qualcomm, tablet, and all the safety software as it relates to OTR team driving.

There are significant differences when switching trucks. What I was told by several training engineers and my own experiences is as soon as you notice inconsistencies in your matrix reporting, contact your dbl, explain the suspected errors and request sensors in truck be inspected, serviced, and then replaced.

If a critical event occurs that was in noway your fault (be hobest). Immediately find a safe and legal place to pull over and call your dbl, or after hours service. Get your version of events, and supporting documentation on the record verbally. Then email your dbl the facts requesting the mechanics and IT get involved.

After 2nd false critical event or numerous false perform warnings, request a route back to OC and first hand talk to chief shop administrator.

If you are required to be "re-trained", it is time to get your divisional manager involved. Request a TE mentor to monitor your performance logs. Get ALL eyes on you. IT'S YOUR JOB that is at risk. You must take an active role in defending it.

I had several technology issues with first truck, I didn't know any better. As EQUIPMENT was replaced and IT got involved, I learned the errors were not my fault. A simple radar error off a reflector on a Jersey barrier can cause collision warnings.

Also some trucks software are set for solo in team trucks. Other times it's way yo have to understand the performance monitoring software. For example using your foot on accelerator to reach 65 in team truck will result in excessive speed warning. However if you set cruise control after 60. And then thumb up cruise control to 65 you get no sensor errors.

Another example is not letting rpm over rev when accelerating from a stop. Rev sloy, let off, and give time for auto to shift. Sometimes the shifting sensor gets glitchy and you get a over rpm sensor warning for simply holding the pedal at appropriate pressure. (no fault of your I own).

Most common sensor reports I dealt with was following to close, which went off when people dart in front of me. The technology gives you so many seconds to adjust distance. One truck's sensors gave me 60seconds before sending in report. Another truck's sensors reported in 27 seconds like clock work. One truck had no sensor technology that notified me.

In short, it's very frustrating and we the drivers are not only ones ticked. IT, Shop, DBL, management. Every stake holder gets frustrated at these issues.

From my limited understanding, the technology between Qualcomm and tablets is an issue, and multiple systems all supposed to work seamlessly which don't. Add mountains and deserts with no wifi, no cell, and sensors do not report accurately.

I know the company is working very diligently to get issues corrected.

To be fired, that brings in some other questions.

Before firing are cautions and discussions with driver , then retraining several times. Then the driver being terminated can go before a board to have his/her case heard. All facts reviewed .

Schneider puts alot of Money & Training into their drivers. They have an open door policy that allows drivers to complain up the chain of command from their dbl all the way to the top of the ladder CEO Roarke.

What I like about Schneider is I can exercise my STOP work authority and stop the truck at any time I feel conditions are unaafe, and NO fear of being fired.

I might sound like a corporate kiss azz, but I have spent a lifetime in military and civilian sector jobs where people risk their lives and get killed rather than speaking up when safety is an issue.

Schneider is not a perfect company, no company is. However Schneider is serious about Safety and giving the driver a voice in the chain of command. That is why I question any firing of an employee without several members of leadership contacting that employee for his/her version.

Many drivers just say "F" it and walk off to another company. You have to fight for what you want. Be it at Schneider or any other company.

Life's a garden, dig it!.....Joe Dirt

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Emergency pain pills and trucking

I had exact same scenario, minus the morphine. Having visited the ER, everything that happened in the ER will have been recorded and can be found in the ER notes. These notes can be requested by your trucker friend from the medical records department of that hospital. He will want to get these. They will show where the doctor or nurse administered morphine.

Thank You Pete B.! Dr. Gave him paperwork to give company. He is transiting this week from Van to Tanker school which he starts on 18th. Think he is worried could delay school or worse.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Emergency pain pills and trucking

Yes, tell company right away. They will tell him how to handle it. It won't be a problem if he is upfront about it. I promise he's not the first one of these cases the company has had.

Thank You. This trucker has been with his carrier for 6 months. Had start up drug tests and a random drug test, so they have seen a track record of no nonsense, and this being an emgerency documented by ER as the ones giving narcotics (even though they should not have) hopefully keeps him employed and his family with food on the table. Thanks for advice Big Scott.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Emergency pain pills and trucking

Can't seem to edit text. Trucker's wife said NOT to give narcotics. Damn spellchecker.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Emergency pain pills and trucking

I have a question regarding Emergency room narcotic pain killer and trucking.

I "know of a trucker" that workers for a mega carrier. The company requires urine and gain follicle testing upon starting.

This "Trucker" had a serious kidney stone and was raced to ER. His wife told ER staff that her husband was a trucker, and no narcotics to be administered.

Staff did not honor request and gave Morphine to the trucker. When trucker was made aware he confronted the main Dr. Dr. Acted like it was not a big deal. Stated morphine only be in his system for upto 8 hours, and the Dr. Would give a note for trucker to give to his company. Trucker asked if it would show up on hair follicle, Dr. Was not sure. (Wtf).

So trucker has some questions.

1.) Does trucker inform trucking company of the narcotic given in emergency room?

2.) Does trucker inform DOT in some way?

3.) What advice can be offered by professional truckers from this site? Anyone else been faced with this situation?

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

Just a funny trucking picture to brighten your day

Clearly the page says check out help video to better understand how to post. I am a bit concerned if I will miss the bridge sign too.

0215030001575196880.jpg

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

Eye Candy

I was at home a few days this week to get my stitches removed from my recent surgery. I stopped by the local truck parts store to stock up on a few light bulbs and spotted this beast sitting in the parking lot. Don't know who it belongs to, but it was a wild looking ride!

1463064394.6871.jpg1463064395.0244.jpg

Thank You Old School for those photos! I been eyeing some golf carts converted into Peterbilts. Looking at what 1st years get paid, I think I might be able to afford one. LOL That Last photo is absolutely incredible.

Posted:  2 years ago

Safety Awards

Thanks Errol and Plan B.

Errol, I used the one button feature to apply to all companies, but only received a few company responses. Of those responses most were wanting to set up CDL school for me. I had to inform them I was out of CDL. Others did not realize I had all endorsements,TWIC,TSA HM. I am not sure if the one hit button is sending out correct information on me.

I am still working my way through the 102 trucking companies listed in company review here at Trucking Truth. My guess is if their listed in Trucking Truth the are the better companies. I hope that logic is sound.

Posted:  2 years ago

Safety Awards

Thank You Old School for intel!