Comments By Tortuga

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0170208001580227782-90555.jpg avatar
  • Tortuga
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Calling Tortuga???

I got to meet PackRat today! It was a short meeting but I enjoyed our talk. Lucky for him I was able to give him a police escort to his destination thanks to all the construction in the city. He will be posting pictures later.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Millis Transfer training diary

Keep the updates coming tripletdad! I'm following your journey at Millis...

Posted:  1 month ago

Calling Tortuga???

I bet you would get some looks for sure!😂🤣😂

I will be working tomorrow if you want a picture with the red and blue's flashing 👮‍♂️

Posted:  1 month ago

Calling Tortuga???

I just got home and your post was the first one i saw! Sounds like a plan! I know exactly where that business is, I patrolled that area for 16 years. I'll text ya later so you'll have my number.

Posted:  1 month ago

Papa Pigs Zainy Rookie Solo Adventures

Looks like you did a pretty good job backing I'm that spot Papa Pig! By the look of that pole others have left their mark on it a few times rofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 month ago

Calling Tortuga???

Where and what time?

Posted:  1 month ago

I've Been Sick This Week

Get well soon Old School!

Posted:  1 month ago

Millis regional

Hey Mike are you going to write a training diary?

Posted:  1 month ago

Interesting conversation with a driver

Accidentally hit submit. My first comment was in reference to parked trucks., sorry i should have specified.

Posted:  1 month ago

Interesting conversation with a driver

Yeah, the state boys are a bit different ....

Posted:  1 month ago

Interesting conversation with a driver

The most bizarre thing is trucks parked at rest stops and truck stops even blew over!

Anybody know if that situation of being parked in a normally safe place would have a negative impact on a drivers record?

Well Rob i've been a police officer in Waco Texas for the last 33 years and we wouldnt work a truck or any vehicle blown over by high winds as a traffic crash since it is considered an act of God, not a typical crash. So i dont see how it would show on your CDL as a wreck. Just my two cents.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Game: Word Association

Big Wheels Rollin Movin On!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Best Schools for New Drivers

Sorry forgot to add a link. Also do you already have your CDL? Paid CDL Training Programs

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Best Schools for New Drivers

Have you tried company sponsored training with Swift, Roehl, Millis, Stevens Transport to name a few? They all have training facilities in Texas.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Papa Pigs Zainy Rookie Solo Adventures

You can count me in!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Looks great PackRat!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Millis called me aaannnd...

Give Millis everything you've got for one full year. See it through. You may eventually decide you want something a little different, so you'll move on. But most of the time a person stays with a company for a full year, they're thrilled right where they're at.

I totally agree with you on this Brett. When the time comes and I finally jump into this industry I plan on staying with the company I choose until I'm ready to retire from the trucking industry.

I learned the hard way in law enforcement. I left my original department to go where I thought that the grass was greener only to find out that though the people I worked with changed I still delt with the same situation's. Stayed at that department for four years then went back to my original. Unfortunately I lost all the seniority that I had and started over at the bottom pay scale.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Millis called me aaannnd...

Thanks for the extra info! I'm looking forward to your training diary also. I see a lot of their trucks at Owens-Illinois when I drive down Beverly Drive in Waco so I guess they haul a lot of freight for them. Do you know if they deliver to South Texas? If so where?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Millis called me aaannnd...

Thanks for the quick reply Mike D. I have my eye on Millis Transfer now that we decided not to move out of Texas when I retire in 2024. Their 3 week vacation after the first year caught my eye when looking at their benefits, I haven't seen that at other trucking companies but I haven't look at them all either. Training terminal being close to Waco, TX is a nice plus too 😎

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Millis called me aaannnd...

I'm curious, are they going to build a new terminal in Burleson or moving to a different location in Texas?