Profile For Mike B.

Mike B.'s Info

3 months ago

Mike B.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Mike B.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 days, 15 hours ago

Backing delimma

Im not perfect but I'm also not wanting to cry or barf before each back i think im getting better. The second picture is of my first time backing at night at.

0849073001590715530.jpg0842838001590715597.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Driving Manual vs Automatic

I got my cdl on a 10 speed. I learned how to float by my trainer at USA truck 5 years ago. Im in my first solo truck because shifting in the mountains terrified me. I was stuck in traffic today in Maryland and didn't have to shift down once. My stamina is much better in my automatic. The stress is not as amplified as it was in a 10 speed. So I prefer the automatic.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Shut down survey

I love the fact that we are all different opinions on certain thing so what makes our country so great. So I wanted to ask a few questions just to see the answers. There are wrong answers.

1. Do you prefer to shutdown in a truck stop or a rest area? Why?

2. What truck stops do you prefer?

3. Do you have a preference of shutting down at a shipper or consignee?

I'll hang up and listen to yalls response.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

First solo week. I did NOT anticipate the amount of stress!

Not trying steal your thunder this week was my first week as well. I love hearing how rookies are different. I did my first successful back by myself a few days ago. I am going the less stressful route when shutting down. I use rest areas but I prefer rest areas or shipper/reciever lots over truck stops. To me they are more quiet. And down right beautiful. Only once this week did I not ask for help with backing. The rain up in VA and above is what stressed me out the most. But RWD keep your head up and breath when you get a stressful moment just a deep breath and thank God its over. Im truckin right beside you bro. We got this because God's got us.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

HELL YA!!!! I FINALLY DID (can I say hell?)

I backed in to a spot at advanced auto by myself no assistance in the rain it may not be pretty but ill take it

0627686001590132466.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Thank-you experienced drivers

0000033001590057861.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Truck drivers and the coronavirus

I was with my trainer for a month and there is no way we were six feet apart. But a lot of the shippers relievers and truck stops won't let you in with out a mask and the truck stops ive been to are cleaning around the clock.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Thank-you experienced drivers

Today I had to bump a dock that was in a garage and down hill. I asked lady in receiving if someone could help me back in she said they couldn't because its a liability. Luckily an experienced driver guided me in. Thank you thank you thank you all you experienced drivers who take time out of there schedule to help us newbies out. I would rather ask for help than hit something or someone. Thank-you guys again it really means a lot

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Lack of communication

I called my dms number i guess it was forwarded to another number because I was on hold for 20 minutes both times it hung up on me.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Lack of communication

So got my truck assigned to me and my boys named it The Bulldawg Beast. I got a load assignment. For in the morning about 1 in the morning inkiti my battery was completely dead in the truck. Now I was parked behind the shop so i was told by breakdown to talk to the shop to jump the truck. Pretty much it needed new batteries.. well then longer its in the shop the more they were finding things wrong with the truck. The whole time I am emailing my dm updating him on the truck. Im emailing him because the only way to contact weekend dispatch is through the Qualcomm and i can't get to it. So the truck has been in the shop all day and is still there and won't be done until Monday. On the western express app you can read messages but not respond. They just sent me one telling me im still on a load and to inform them that the truck is still in the shop. Now how in the world can I inform you if the only way to contact you is from the Qualcomm and the truck is in the shop. Is there something im missing?

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Keeping emotions out of the drivers seat

So I posted in my training diary that I am going through a huge family ordeal. Pretty much me and my wife are in the middle of separation possibly a divorce. Her and my boys are in Florida now and today is my boys gotcha day...the day I adopted them. Im not gonna bs and say that it doesn't affect me. I've bursted into tears more than once today. One because od course i miss them and two they my pride and joy. I am waiting on "The Bulldawg" (my boys name for my truck) to be done in the shop.. so im not driving right now. How do you guys keep your emotions out of the drivers seat?

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Uncomfortable blue mattress from hell

Has any one else slept on one of these things. Ugh. Does anyone know where I can get a real mattress for my sleeper. I'll hangup and listen now.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Backing delimma

So I am done with training took my final road test with no backing test. My trainer was green at training and didn't know how to teach me to back i was told I would be able to take a backing class when I got back to the terminal so im kinda on my own. Some of you may be thinking how did he go to cdl and not know how to back. Well I got my CDL five years ago and this is the first trucking job in 5 years. Any suggestions on how I can teach myself how to back properly?

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Western express

Oh and I passed my final road test.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Western express

So I know its been awhile. I am dealing with some personal family matters and it hard to keep it out of the drivers seat. But me and my trainer drove and drove and drove. My trainers DM told me that he would get me into a backing course but there is no room at the terminal due to damage clean up still going on at the from the tornado that hit it directly. I guess i will lear by trial and error.

Posted:  1 month ago

Western express

The safety are on top in western trucks

Posted:  1 month ago

Why Just Why

So many times we see a fellow driver do something that makes us scratch our heads. So let's have a little fun here and ask some why just why questions.

Why? Just Why would pull in to a truck stop spot tractor first?

Posted:  1 month ago

Western Express

. How hard was road test such as length of driving and area? How is working for Western Express? And any and all advice and tips that youns can spare for a rookie. Thanks in advance for any help. V/R Larry

Larry you have nothing to stress out about. It's more of a road evaluation to see how long you should be out with your trainer. The only way you fail is if you run a red light or stop sign. Go check out my training diary it may help. Any of the orientation places I would suggest that you bring money for food there providing breakfast lunch and dinner is very over hyped by recruiters

Posted:  1 month ago

Western express

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Truckers to be the longer your with your trainer the harder they run you. Some days we shut down after my hours are up sometimes we have to team drive. Sleeping on the top with a net is not easy but its doable. Yesterday I drove over the GW bridge. We have been in the north for pretty much 2 weeks tomorrow we finally get to go down south. Oh I did request a new trainer. Me and trainer wes were on the same page as this. He is a great trainer but i am only his second student and his first knew how to do everything he is having difficulty teaching me how to he can do it in the drivers seat but not in the passenger or out of the truck. So western is going to put me in a backing class when I'm done with training.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Pretrip everything

Happened again today in ohio the trailer did have any landing gear bar/handle on. There is a great story on here somewhere about a roller coaster that never broke down due to a pretrip. Do yall remember that one?