Profile For HtRedNeck

HtRedNeck's Info

Las vegas, NV

Preparing For School

2 months ago

HtRedNeck's Bio

Long career in Sales and Marketing, now considering and researching CDL and truck driving career.

Don’t tell anyone, but I was a freight broker for 3 years.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Turtle,

I forgot to share a nice flatbedder moment that the dry van and reefer drivers would use as a reason NOT to drive flatbed.

When we stopped last night to switch drivers, the upper middle part of the aluminum we were hauling had shifted forward. So, I climbed up on the tarps that were on the catwalk and kinda "walked" up with my feet on the headache rack and my back on the shifted aluminum. I basically did a leg press to push the aluminum back in place. Then wiped the slush off the winch bar and tightened down the four straps holding it.

Lol, I have read many of the flatbed diaries. I have many reasons that I don’t want to do it, thanks for adding to the book!

Keep writing, great diary!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

FMCSA acts quickly to keep the new-driver pipeline flowing

Does this solve the issue of not being able to get a CLP?

Wilson Logistics, Darren's Diary

Great post and thank you. Every diary post helps me get more research about what to expect!

First Week Experience

Dean,

I am not a driver yet, so I can’t tell you that I have been through this.

What I can say is after reading many training diaries, is there are really two options:

1. Request a new trainer, which may delay you getting you own vehicle.

2. Suck it up, learn what you can and ignore what can. This is only the beginning of your journey, and you worked your ass off to get here. Don’t let some idiot stop you from your goal.

Good luck, and wishing you the best either way.

Thanks for the ideas. All the trainers smoke. I can suck it up - I was an active duty Marine. I'm doing my best not to react with my mouth or limbs, but it's hard.

Since you are a former marine ( and thank you for your service) you chose the toughest branch to go through. I am former Navy myself, and I have a huge amount of respect for marines, y’all had it much tougher. Neither of us had it as easy as the flower pickers in the air farce though.

Good luck.

First Week Experience

Dean,

I am not a driver yet, so I can’t tell you that I have been through this.

1. Request a new trainer, which may delay you getting you own vehicle.

Good luck, and wishing you the best either way.

Prime Refrigerated - Springfield, Missouri - Spring 2020

Awesome diary and thank you for doing this!

Grats on passing the sim part, and keep practicing that pre trip!

Orientation During Crisis

All private schools are closed in Las Vegas, and the DMV is closed too.

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Awesome diary, have to ask - was the drug test urine?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

How Does An Owner/Operator Take A Vacation?

Is there a trucking history podcast for the youngings like me? I’m only fifty...

Songs, or everything?

Would prefer if it included both

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

How Does An Owner/Operator Take A Vacation?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

For those with Prime, Inc or knowledge of company driving.

Rob -

What kind of drug test at Prime?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

How Does An Owner/Operator Take A Vacation?

I'll have a think on it after I have a big cup of Joe... got myself tired a-roamin' and bummin' around...

Probably a big man, weighs about 210

C'mon now you new folks! These guys are throwing clues all over the place!

Brett’s truck?

Trucking industry concerned about state licensing agency closings

To forestall the cutting off of the vital supply chain of new drivers the nation's largest association of commercial driving schools has led a coalition of major corporations, associations and commercial driving schools to persuade federal and state officials to open their licensing offices to continue to offer CLP and CDL services.

Trucking industry concerned about state licensing agency closings

Good news!

Trucking Will Survive This Pandemic

It’s the same here in Nevada

I am using the time to study. High Road CDL Training Program

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

For those with Prime, Inc or knowledge of company driving.

Mitchell,

Just spoke with my recruiter who confirmed that we are still on for orientation Wednesday.

She also mentioned that each driver will have their own motel room and that they will limit group sizes to no more than 10 people in a room.

Enjoy your drive from Louisiana and I look forward to meeting you at orientation on Wednesday.

Rob.

Good luck Rob, looking forward to your training diary!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

Interesting article and now proof that the any death is being lumped as corona

CDC guidance for corona

“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II. (See attached Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths)”

Politicians and the media are simply inflating the numbers, and lying to us ( my comment would be “ as usual”)

Keep rolling, I hope to be there with you as soon as the DMV opens and I can get rolling too.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Road testing for Western prayers please

good-luck.gif

Let us know how it goes!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

I have a way more interesting theory than that. I'll do some research on it and release it this weekend. If I'm right, it's a biggie!

Ugh- Brett is going to teach me patience....maybe after 50 years on this planet, I might be able to learn it?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

NYC deaths

Https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths.pdf

It’s worth it to take a look at this. NY and others are counting anyone that tests positive with the virus as dying from the virus.

Actual deaths from the virus are much lower than deaths with the virus present.

We are being lied to, my opinion is that they are using this and trying to get mail in voting to beat Trump.

Sorry, still trying to learn the site

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

Actual deaths from the virus are much lower than deaths with the virus present.