Profile For NaeNaeInNC

NaeNaeInNC's Info

NC

Experienced Driver

3 years, 5 months ago

NaeNaeInNC's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

NaeNaeInNC's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 3

Posted:  8 hours, 38 minutes ago

Inward Facing Cameras & AI

My issue is the "Trickle Truth" that has been brought out.

First it was "outward only."

Then they said "AI only." And got called for BS on it, because how does AI pick up what we are doing?

Then they said "it only has 3 minutes of data, and only saves the clip if triggered by an event."

THEN Mr Finger Up His Nose safety guy posts about "recoverable footage for 4 days."

I am seriously reconsidering my position due to feeling like they lied to everyone about it. I still have time to decide though. I def no longer trust my FM, or the company itself. I have never been the Kool-Aid gulper, just a sipper, but being actively lied to about it is unacceptable.

Posted:  1 day, 6 hours ago

I wonder how unusual this is

I have been 20lbs off as the closest! I was sad because I had ditched an extra laundry bag full of winter gear just before that load!

Cool thing to happen

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

I might (hopefully!) be getting training soon!

There were exactly three people in my life that supported my decision to become a driver.

My son, and my two best friends. This job pointed out the significant differences of opinion on lifestyle that my then fiancee and I had. It ultimately fast forwarded the end of that relationship.

You HAVE TO set a boundary during training, because you will not have enough mental energy to battle crap at home, AND the mental energy to bring your A game.

You had mentionrd that you were splitting up with her. If that is the case, her opinion means exactly **** as to what your future looks like. The second splitting up was decided, your choices were for YOUR future, not hers.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

I wonder, if it would be worth a call back to Millis itself, to see if they would be willing to bring you back through. The worst they could say is No....

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

Rob T, let's be honest here.

SOME of Primes students are trained on the pad. Kearsey was pad based for a while if I remember correctly. Prime policy is you must be with them for 14 days, before you are eligible to test. I tested, and trifecta-d on day 15.

Yes, you are "loaned" $ (3 years ago it was 200/week) while you are in PSD training. How fast you move on from that phase is wholly dependant on the student, and their ability. With the changes in backing that is required to pass, it's a heck of a lot easier to pass now too.

TNT phase is historically longer with Prime than other companies. This isn't necessarily a bad thing either. You would have to get with recruiting to get the exact and current numbers.

If we are going to spout off "info" it better be correct.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

Listen, this isn't personal. It's ok to be bummed. Check them off the list, and keep going.

I do have a question about your previous training, based on your earlier comments, as it does matter.

Were you at a driving school, and THEN got a conditional offer from Millis, or did Millis send you to your previous program? One may be workable, the other may not.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

PJ is correct. Stop, take a deep breath, and chill out.

A legal eviction takes months to work it's way through the courts. You aren't totally boned yet, but you are backed into a corner.

You need to stop the one at a time focus, and use the application on here that blasts your info to multiple companies. You don't have time to wait around for one company to say no, and then move onto the next.

Honestly, I got really really lucky, in that I got accepted by my first choice. That is NOT how it usually goes.

As for the current state of trucking, we are in a slump. Like has been said, it is a cycle. It ALWAYS is in a cycle. I have been lucky, in that this slowdown hasn't been too horrible for me. This is where being responsible, reliable, and a "get it done safely" kind of driver will make or break you.

You have been given the truth, and the best option for getting the biggest chance of getting a job, and you have blatantly ignored said truth, because you think you are doing it the "right" way. Getting hired in trucking is like no other job. Especially when you are coming in with zero experience.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Roehl or halvor paid cdl?

Same. May 6th makes 3 years with Prime. Never even thought about another company after day 1.

I did my paid CDL training with Prime because Prime was the only company out of 11 applications that gave me the chance. Fortunately Prime was my first choice company anyway.

I Had a 12 months obligation to drive for Prime to “pay” for the training cost. I’m still driving for Prime after 2 years.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Getting CDL and seeking Team Driver

So I’m curious, why is Swift not on the radar?

The million dollar question. Most likely because some terminal rat that couldn't hack it told him that Swift was bad, mmmmmmmkaaaaaaaay

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

As for Prime, you only need to have the ABILITY to get passport and TWIC. I came in with an expired passport, and no twic, I have yet to drive anything into Canada at almost 3 years, and I got my TWIC card on site, through payroll deduction.

Why Join Trucking Truth?