Comments By Chris B.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/uphill-climb.jpg avatar
  • Chris B.
  • Comments:

A thank you to all.

Ok. I finished the tt program. I will do it all over again on my days off before school. When school starts i will hit the ground runningdancing.gif

Told to drive when it's obvious you're too tired.

I'm going to start school soon and i promise i will not be that guy.

My update with Prime Inc.

Im starting school on the 10 of march

Ideas About Photo Sharing

Oh yesdancing.gif

A thank you to all.

I start truck driving school on March 10,2014. And I wanted to just say thank you to all of you for the advice and encouragement. I have researched companies and different CDL training options and decided that i am going with Central Refridgerated as my hopefully first company. As was mentioned i will not become an o/o or lease a truck. My mind is made up on that. Maybe after a year and i Kind of know the game and score i will ( more likely not). I know that my 20 years of retail experience in receiving and customer experience and that i am a people person will serve me well with dispatchers and i always work hard, so that will not be an issue. And with your advice i will do what ever it takes to get the job done with professionalism. Thank you to the TT High Road CDL Training Program, anybody who is thinking about trucking you have to go through it. I think it should be a part of trucking schools classroom training. Again thank you to everyone as i begin a new adventure.thank-you.gifthank-you-2.gif P.S. I will try to keep updates about school is going and how training goes to

Questions to ask of and expectations from a company trainer.

Ok. I will listen and watch and put into action everything I learn. Thank you again.

Questions to ask of and expectations from a company trainer.

Thank you very much. Just want to do it well.

Questions to ask of and expectations from a company trainer.

well I start school on march 10 and if all goes well after 2 weeks in socal i will be on the open road with a company trainer. Is it alright to ask the trainer what is expected of me and can i ask what i expect of him? I know it will be their/companys truck. but i value training time and i expect to push myself hard to excel at this new venture. is it ok to ask what i expect of them? Like if they want to use my clock to drive on do i have the right to say no? My clock my training time? what is the best way to approach this without showing disrespect. I have been studying hard on the tt program and want to do it well.

It's getting real....

I to am leaving a 20 year Career at Cvs/Pharmacy as supervisor. I start school on the 10 of march. Nice to know that i am not the only one with those concerns and fears. But I am doing the TT High Road CDL Training on this website it is definitely worth doing. I have already learned so much that when my trucking customers come in i ask them to give me impromptu quizzes and i have given the right answers all the time. I think they are impressed. Maybe we will cross paths on the road. Im looking forward to this

Wanting to become a truck driver...

I to am in the same boat as you tiff. I am quiting my job as of march 3 2014 after 20 years. I recently did my taxes and got a decent refund. so that is what my wife and I are going to live on. She will still work at her current job while i attend school. I am excited and also do the TT High road to trucking program it is amazing.

Tips to driving a truck?

That is what i will do. I laugh at myself all the time

Tips to driving a truck?

At my soon to be done with retail job i have coworkers who have family that drive Big trucks. They have been quizzing me and giving me tips to the soon to be newbie and student driver. One of them mentioned that some trucks have clutch brakes? I was told that when i get to shift gears to not push the clutch down like i would with a car but about half way to 3/4 of the way down to avoid grinding gears? I'm just looking for some tips to start out driving right and maybe impress the teachers and trainers? I am by no means a know it all and am a very good listener. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all

Getting Ready for school.

Im about half way through logbook and will do weight and balance. i have also been told by some regular customers who drive trucks giving me some pointers like not push the clutch all the way down because some trucks have a clutch brake? And that why some new drivers always grind gears until it spins up to speed. and i have them ask me questions about different things and i have answered there questions correctly all the time. i will go through the entire High Road Program again in between the days off before i start class. I also have the mobile app to. And go thru things on my lunch break. Thank you again

The World's Fastest Jet Powered Truck

I bet deliverys are never ever late. would be kind of hard on trailers.rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gif

NEW LICENSE

That will be me i about 6 weeks.good-luck.gifdancing.gif

Getting Ready for school.

I have been studying and using this websites High Road Training Program. It is very well thought out. And i have completed general knowledge combination, and air brakes along with rules and regulations with a score of 93 percent. Thank you for an awesome website.

Getting Ready for school.

I just got a call from my recruiter and i am scheduled to start school on march 10,2014. I am really excited and nervous about it. At least i get to spend the first week of school in Sacramento. Then two weeks in fontana,ca. 3 days of oreintation then 5 weeks on the road with what i hope will be a good trainer. After that some more orientation then i get assigned a company truck that they said i could take home. where in the world am i supposed to park a big rig tractor at home? Super excited.

Things needed for class and otr training?

Well it is a couple of weeks before i quit my retail job and start schooling before my new career as a otr truck driver. What are some of the bare bones items needed to start off right in the trucking industry? want to do it right.

Personal Hygiene

I am getting ready to start trucking school. Then on to the open road with a company trainer. When do we have time to take care of laundry and showers? I am so new it is probably a dumb question. Looking forward to my new career

COUNTDOWN FOR TRUCK SCHOOL MARCH 10

The recruiters said they had a school close to my home. I think they will probaly send me to fontana,ca. if im going to jump in with this new career. i will jump in on the deep end and devote all my attention to everything they teach us.