Comments By Michael V.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-snow.jpg avatar
  • Michael V.
  • Comments:

**TruckingTruth's 10 Year Anniversary!!!**

Congrats i hope we are all well and on here in 10 years

Watkins & Shepard.

They are owned by Schneider now if that makes a difference to you

Schneider tunker

I took a 40hr refresher course and went to Schneider bulk February 2015, the training is good and you will know how to do the job. The pay is low for chemical tanker work, lots of relay loads and low weekly miles. It is probably easier to learn to drive a tanker as your first trailer because you don't have any bad habits yet( they are not bad habits to guys pulling other kinds of trailers) and pulling a tank is much different then anything else.

Just a quick question

My advice would be to have all your home bills in order and as low as possible. Have a great credit score and about 10,000 in open credit. First time buyers need about 20 percent down for equipment. 5 to 10,000 cash after you have all equipment in the bank would be a big help.

Choosing a company i need advice please

You should make at least 700 a week your first year.

Top Reasons Drivers Chose To Stay With Fleets

I left Schneider bulk after 7 months. Not enough miles and some other reasons. My loyalty is first to me and mine not to any company. I just lp at Bp express, I believe in trust but verify. I have no dues to pay. I do this for money. Door signs are only as good as Friday's pay.

In Alaska......Want a CDL and job! Want to keep my residency in Alaska but drive in lower 48

Schneider hires out of Alaska. not sure what the qualifications are. check your zipcode on their website

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

Does anyone know what happened?

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

Hope all is well with you, can you give us an update please.

Leasing A Truck: My Journey

72% is great without your own trailer, good luck

Posted:  5 years ago

Check out my diary post without a title. It is my Lease Journal

Who are you leased to, how are you paid, mileage or percentage. do you pick your freight or are you dispatched

Posted:  5 years ago

Starting on at SRT

Good to hear, haven't heard much about them. glad you are happy and finding time to update us.

Posted:  5 years ago

Starting on at SRT

How is it going, are you still in training?

Dangerous HOS Issue

That is why I wanted to learn the split sleeper

What do a Freightliner & a Test-Tube baby have in common?

Thank you, very funny. just what i need to hear

8/2 split

I am a company driver. i got a divorce and a bankruptcy so i wont be able to buy for another month. i sold my truck and trailer in 2004 i wish i would have kept it but i wanted to be home so i sold. i am on the rehire list of all the companies i leased on to over the 9 and a half years i owned my truck but i need current otr experience. i decided to go bulk and hope schneider has the choice program open soon. loan mountain will lease me a truck next month. i never had e logs and many drivers said they could not be used to run a truck. i think they are wrong. as a business owner i set my own hours and will work what ever is legal to pay off my truck and earn a living.

I want to follow my dream not sure what to do

PTL does refresher and makes you team for 9 months as a way to pay them back so there is no cost. i never pulled for them so i dont have any first hand knowledge of them

8/2 split

Yes, thank you this is excellent. i need to start the split after a 10 hr break then i can take a nap instead of a half hour break and still get my sleep later and drive up to 13 hours a day. with what i already learned to do legal with e logs and now the split i know i can still earn a living as an independent.

2 week notice with Schneider

Schneider is going through a change right now with work flow. they are just coming out of it. also this has been dry box slow time it will get busy now ( after tax dead line it always gets better for dry box). when you ask or say something about a specific company be careful about what you are told by people that dont work for that company, they might not know about some things that are going on and box has been slow in many areas probably for many companies. it will get better. good luck at whatever you choose

8/2 split

8 hrs reset the 14, 10 hrs reset the 11. this is what i get from reading the regs. does anyone have the regs to show me where i am misunderstanding this.