Comments By Xnihilo

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0625650001609879822-14274.jpg avatar
  • Xnihilo
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

I got my permit!

Congratulations, Robin! If I may ask, did you use the High Road Training Program on this site for study? How was the test? Easy? Challenging?

I got my cdlA permit!!! We got to drive the truck a bit today and I have questions and you guys are experts! Ok so how long will it take to adjust to high and low switch on the shifter? It’s a 10 speed on a freight liner, btw. And will the double clutching be easy? I have to double clutch my car but the truck is hard to feel the clutch bite, or let go. And any advice for small guys? I’m 117 and the seats are made for 3 times my size lol. But I’m super excited!!! Thanks in advance!

Comfort while driving

Cool!

I hope he likes it. Lemme know! :)

That's it! Great security too. No way someone will try to pickpocket from the front.

1. Take your wallet out of your pocket while driving. This provides pain relief for a lot of truck drivers.

This.

There are front-pocket wallets that follow the contour of your pocket. I've been using the Rogue Wallet for years. Love it. No more off-kilter while sitting.

Hmmmm... NICE concept; never KNEW this existed!!!! Hubby's right hip is SO wockey jawed from driving crooked, LoL..

Like this ?!?!?

Amazon / Rogue RFID Front Pocket Wallet

Thanks for the heads up, for sure~!

~ Anne ~

Thanks!! Ordered :)

~ Anne ~

Comfort while driving

This.

Like this ?!?!?

Amazon / Rogue RFID Front Pocket Wallet

Thanks for the heads up, for sure~!

~ Anne ~

Comfort while driving

This.

Has anyone heard?

Total noob question: What's it mean to lose authority?

Dot tests and regulations

Hate to tell my friend I can't hang out any more sorry.gif

How about you ask your friend not to smoke in your presence?

Rick

Hi Rick, thanks for setting things straight. I guess I should clarify that she's not in my face about it; only a couple of times lit up in my presence. However, her house totally reeks of the stuff even when she doesn't fire up. I guess that's most of my concern.

Interesting thing she has an Ed.d. Highly intelligent, and I have to meet up with her occasionally for teaching state standards and training. That's my "exposure."

Dot tests and regulations

Okay, sorta hijacking this thread, but still related. I don't and won't ever partake, but a couple of times in the past 3-4 months I was in a friend's house that does quite a bit. Can second-hand smoke give a false positive?

In a urinalysis, not likely. Hair follicles, it's possible.

Yikes! Scary thought. Well, I won't be doing any testing for a few months, so I guess I'll be okay.

Hate to tell my friend I can't hang out any more sorry.gif

Dot tests and regulations

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

If You Have Concerns About Starting Your Trucking Career Now... Take A Look At This

Ah! I see.

Thanks for clearing that up, Rob and Rat.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

As many foreigner's (I see at receivers) who can barely speak/comprehend English, I doubt there will be a "driver shortage" anytime soon. There is a reason these immigrants are able to get jobs.

I thought there is a driver shortage now.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

What company if I may ask?

My company has 50 new Volvos arriving this month

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Should I be scared of driverless technology?

Think about how easy it will be to disable an autonomous truck. A kid with spray paint can spray the optical sensors and it’s dead in the street.

Hmm...a new business opportunity. I’ll charge $200+ service call to go out and clean it up and get it going again. Do that three or four times a day and I’m SET!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Should I be scared of driverless technology?

Do you have a link about the 2025 date you posted?

Not too long ago I came across an article from 2015 that said Autonomous trucks will be here in five years.

Here we are in 2021 and it didn't happen.

American trucks

Ya know, Andrey, you and I are a rare breed, and I totally get where you're coming from. Sadly, gone are the days where "Made in the USA" really meant something. However, in today's global economy and socialization of the younger generation, that statement doesn't carry much meaning as it used to.

As much as I love my Harley and the pride of it being an "American" bike, the reality is that it, too, has a lot of foreign-made components that prevent it from being just that.

For better or worse, it's the world we live in. ,

I appreciate everybody's answers and ideas. My nearest future is very unlikely to make me shop for a personal tractor, so I am happy with whatever my company will have for me. I'll just make a mental note for myself about Peterbilt and Kenworth as two real American truck companies.

American trucks

rofl-2.gif

Oh yeah? Some wrong? All wrong?

I *think*... Peterbilt Kenworth Mack Western Star

Keep researching.

American trucks

Oh yeah? Some wrong? All wrong?

I *think*... Peterbilt Kenworth Mack Western Star

Keep researching.

American trucks

I *think*... Peterbilt Kenworth Mack Western Star

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Hi Banks and Old School, Yeah, I can't see it totally for the time I'll be into trucking (10-15 years or so). I was just surprised that a recruiter would have that attitude toward gaining a potential employee. Came across as discouraging, for sure. However, it won't discourage me.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

On another side of the story, I spoke with a recruiter this morning about training this summer. Kind of jokingly I mentioned autonomous trucks taking over the industry in five years. I assumed he would have blown it off and said not to worry, but what I got from him was that it is a concern for the near future for drivers. The most encouragement he could give was, "Let's hope not."

Scary coming from a recruiter.

Is It That Easy?

Probably the only thing I'll miss about Cali is the roads. All you mentioned plus Angeles Crest, Hwy 1, 133, Ojai, state parks, etc. At least if I do end up in Tennessee it will be similar, and as some have argued, even better!

The taxes, of course, is another reason, but the politics even more. Don't think it appropriate to get into a "Red vs Blue" argument, but dang you'd think the Left would see the error of their ways since people are leaving in droves for Red states.