Comments By MRC

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/show-truck2.jpg avatar
  • MRC
  • Comments:

I got a TT twofer today!

OH Man, This topic is SCREAMING- Old School!!!!! his radar must be sounding by now.smile.gif

Starter, Mainer, Slightly nervous, :/

Then you'll have plenty of friends, are you going for regional or OTR? There are plenty of Prime on the Me. run

70 to 80mph wind gusts/Nor Beaster

I made it into my receiver at 0230, slept a little till the fork lift operator showed up, then got unloaded. I'm now hunkered down for the storm at the TA on I-84 exit 28 in Connecticut. Let, er blow!

Glad to hear it Old School, sounds like she's going to give quite the blow, I know your all hunkered down and loaded up!

No comments about D & D Sexton? Nobody ever heard of them?

No idea but to look them up on the net supposedly they are #1 in the area, have a 1500 sign on and pay .34 and up - good home time etc. sorry not from that area, but from what I saw off of sight they look pretty good. Take a trip to your local truck stop and try and find someone that works there or you could even stop in at the Co. and get a look. good-luck.gifgood-luck.gif

Starter, Mainer, Slightly nervous, :/

Hey Kaitlin, you will be fine, one big thing that you should know is that the roads outside of the Maine turnpike aren't all as smooth and deffinatelly not as straight. good-luck.gif

70 to 80mph wind gusts/Nor Beaster

Heavy C, glad to hear it. There talking 24" along coast - your area- there already pushing out cars in Ohio - hope Old School is running per his schedule. By the way, Yes, the daughter is going to the Biddeford UNE for under grad, two years, then Portland for graduate in nursing. Beautiful Campus, they have a Football program coming in and should be playing by 2017 and yes the town is scary looking. Take Care!!

70 to 80mph wind gusts/Nor Beaster

Watch yourselves out there people, it's going to be snowing sideways with the winds gusting hurricane force. New York is talking about 3 Ft, schools are already closed and 1700 flights have been cancelled already. Blizzard warning is up along the east coast until 4 AM Wednesday morning (Heavy C) stalk up on rations early and find a safe place, hopefully out of the wind. BE SAFE!!!!!! MRCsmile.gif

Possible Blizzard Conditions and Heavy Snow for North East - Winter Storm Juno

Hey Heavy C, I'd plan on the time off, There talking 18" or so and winds up to 60mph- Our typical Nor Easter! Tuesday is the brunt of the storm. Sucks, just brought the daughter home from UNE Friday, back up today and I know she won't have school Tuesday. Be Safe!!!!!!! quite the fire at the Kennebunk rest area the other day, saw it burning!!! shocked.png

Landing A Job In Trucking Coming Off Disability

Hey Antoine, Wow sorry no one has responded to you on this subject or just to say hi!! The ticket to work should have all of your work on file in case there are any questions by whomever (swift?) Having them on your resume will document that you have been working towards employment. The fact that they (THE GOV. ) say that you are ok to join this profession plus the fact that you have a med card means that you are employable. You should have no problems, just make sure you have no voids in your work history that aren't explained. Hope this helps, Good Luck

Thinking about starting a new career. Need Advice!

Late to the party, started it a hour ago, the daughter called and that's why everyone, including the "Master" posted first.confused.gifgood-luck.gif

Thinking about starting a new career. Need Advice!

Welcome Sohn, You will find that this place is 99% positive and that everyone here old or new try to help out however they can. If you can't find an answer to a question jump up to the search box on this page and type in what your looking for, more than likely it has been discussed already. Go for it!!! I will tell you something that the "Master" of this site says, "You get out what you put in", if you go into a company with a positive attitude and solid work ethic you'll be all set. I say "Master", I'm speaking of "Old School" this gentlemen is like the master to grass hopper, (KUNG FU), really awesome to speak with, read his words. One thought, teaming, not sure if your friends are into it but more miles more money? Whatever you decide, Good Luck!!!

My first solo month

Sorry Eckoh, Congrats on your runs!!!!! Hope the miles keep coming for ya! good-luck.gif

Will dx of Anxiety disqualify me from driving?

Hey lucio, You shouldn't have any problems from what I can tell by what you said. What med are you on? Hell a lot of us have anxiety diagnosis and if you didn't before you jump into this job, you will after! I take Bupropion in the morn and busiprone at night before sleep.

Question about endorsements

Hazmat is currently good for 4 years - the tests for tanker, HM and Air Brakes is the same for all CDL classes - though I can't figure out why you would want/need a tanker for a Class B CDL.

All of the endorsement and general knowledge tests are the same - the only difference is what you "practical test" on - yard skills, pre-trip & road test. I have a Passenger Endorsement on my Class A. I took the test when I got my permit - and when I completed my skills test they left it on - even though "technically", I should have done at least a pre-trip and road test in a bus to keep it.

Don't ask - don't tell...

Rick

Fuel trucks!!! Tanker

The Signal

Best movie ever!

Where have I seen this? The other thing is that even if the signal is recognized what has to be done then, HIT BRAKE! and clutch

RE: List of Companies

Whats the school, maybe someone knows but I agree with H C , most of the schools either name the companys or have there logo's displayed on there site.

Problems With My Company Truck

Sorry, let me correct myself. Panama is preparing for school, my bad!shocked.png

Are we being reasonable about pay for 1st year driving?

And if he's looking at a dollar general account you should kiss the EMT $ away he's going to be to tired to respond to any calls, just hope he has the strength for you. Look into the tags for DG at the top on this page to get an idea. Brett worked those routes.confused.gif

Problems With My Company Truck

Apparently Terry, we are all rookies on here and don't know are ass from our steering wheel.wtf-2.gif I have my license and drive a truck and I would assume that the "Rookie" and or in your case "Experienced tag under your name would mean that you do, Would that mean that we have experience and maybe some bit of knowledge? of course I'm asking this against a post with a tag stating "considering". I understand the question of being," the second company with truck problems?" but then to attack the lot of us "Rookies" for giving our opinion on the subject. EXCUSE ME! I ran my own construction company for 20yrs and have seen all types of problems also, so what?thank-you-2.gif

Overweight! ... How do you handle it?

Hey AJ, great to hear your feeling better. Heavy C is correct and I know you said that you've been delivering in NH also (Where?) Dot is just driving around a lot in there rigs, portable scales and all. Saw two yesterday in the Claremont area. They know that the cold weather alone tends to make for speedier pre-trips, add onto that some frozen slush on the truck or it snowing sideways, as it was yesterday and they basically have hit the lottery. Lots of logging going on and that in itself brings them out like bees to honey! or (BEARS to your money) Best of Luck