Comments By DaveDiesel

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/red-pete3.jpg avatar
  • DaveDiesel
  • Comments:

From Military To Trucking

Here's my situation: I'm 21 and was recently "seperated" from the military with an Honorable Discharge.

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your service! What was your job in the Army? Are you using the GI Bill to pay for CDL school? Any idea what kind of freight you want to pull: flatbed, dry van, reefer?

Preparing to Leave for CDL Training!

It's been a looooong wait & the day is finally here.

I know I've come into this conversation late but good luck and enjoy!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Emotions. They suck!!!!

There ain't nothing like driving through a sunrise. Watching the scenery change though the day is better than watching TV. You will see more of the USA, in all the seasons, from your driver seat than the average person will ever experience.

Looking forward to this👍

dancing.gif

Maverick Transportation

And you would be amazed at how much money that man has made in referrals doing those videos. Well deserved as he does an amazing job. Let's just say over 20k in a year

WOW!

Truckers doing good things

Trucker saves man from burning car

Always good to see positive news coverage!

Maverick Transportation

Yes I've seen quite a few of his videos, very informative. Its faster to get direct answers here however. I only have 3 weeks of school left and hopefully I've chosen a good starting point.

Sounds good. Best of luck

Maverick Transportation

I've pretty much decided to go with maverick at this point. How hard was the physical to pass with the weights and all? Also, I plan on starting with flatbed Atlantic regional , and possibly transferring to glass later. Can I do that? Also, how's the insurance there and who's it through? I have lots of questions if you couldn't tell lol

C.T,

Check out Dale Clay's YouTube videos about his Maverick experiences. He has documented over a year's worth of videos describing orientation, securement training, and life on the road. He is retired Air Force.

Dave

Driver shortage article

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I hope everyone doing well. I saw this article in Overdrive Magazine and wanted to share it.

Overdrive Magazine article

Stay safe, Dave

I got a truck!!!!!

I wasnt nervous about going solo until now it just sank in lol its gonna be an adventure

Very exciting!

good-luck.gif

Career Change Forthcoming

But I know this: I am ready for this change. I've been contemplating it for years and been dreading going to work for just as long. I need this change and am willing to do what I must to make it work.

Welcome to the forum Ryan!

Keep researching and asking questions. Take the time to find the situation that works best for you and the family.

Good luck with your plan

Leaving tomorrow for Prime orientation and training.

3:50 am grey dog for springfield missouri! Headed to prime inc for orientation and training. Any tips on what I need to bring with me besides the basics? What can I expect? Greyhound ride gonna be about 14 hrs! I'm ready!

Good luck Mike! Prime is on my list of companies as well. Looking forward to hear about your adventures.

Drivers score victory in Werner class action case

Yeah but you also knew before you took the job that you would be getting paid for the 15 minute breaks.

True. Good point.

An in-depth look inside my LW truck (a must see!)

Here is a pic of Steve's truck

1440291898.8094.jpg

Nice!

Drivers score victory in Werner class action case

I did not get paid if I sat around taking "little breaks" less than 20 minutes,like the lawsuit states these drivers are wanting to do, nor did the guys I managed get paid for doing nothing.

When I was a roofer, we got paid for two 10 min breaks per day. Typically, we took our breaks at 1000 and 1400 daily. We didn't get paid for our 30 min lunch break. Our basic hours were 0730 to 1600, so we were on the clock for 8 1/2 hours to make up for the lunch break.

Just recieved an email from Prime

The point of tnt training is to practice before going solo but with a safety net. Meaning he's trying to do the work himself, but if he ever gets stuck or needs help he can wake up his trainer to get him out of the bind (his safety net).

Sounds like good training.

Will be looking for new student soon

I'm thinking about putting Prime on my list because of all the good things I've read here on TT. Who knows Daniel, maybe the stars will align and you would be my trainer. I'd look to run out of the Pittson, PA terminal.

Orientation Scheduled

Good luck with Melton. I've heard very good things about the company.

good-luck.gif

So much more than driving.

We're going to do it somehow. It's on the list. We certainly need a "must read" section.

That would be great.

Starting trucking school and have a location question

Not necessarily. Check with the IA DMV and see if your NE CDL would transfer without retaking the test. Hopefully you should be good to go!

On to my next journey ...Finally home....

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.