Profile For Marco T.

Marco T.'s Info

FL

5 years, 3 months ago

Marco T.'s Bio

Professional rookie. I am still learning the industry.......

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Hauling cattle / livestock?

Thanks!

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Hauling cattle / livestock?

Hello All -

Does anyone in the group have experience hauling cattle/livestock? If so, where do you find loads? The only one I could find is livestock network. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Marco

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Best mobile apps for truck drivers?

I've seen there are a lot of mobile apps for truck drivers. Any ideas (or reccomendations) on which are the most useful?

Thx., Marco

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Diagnosed sleep apnea treated, will I still job as a driver?

Glenn -

Not an expert on this. Having said that, a problem w/sleep apnea is CPAP compliance. You can have the machine, but if you don't use it according to the rules/specs, you may have issues.

By the way, there are surgical alternatives for Sleep Apnea. Obviously, surgical options have benefits and risks. But if this becomes an issue, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. If you decide to go the medical route - do you have a university with a medical school / center near by? If so, you may want to schedule a second opinion from them. Academic physicians tend to be more up to date with latest and greatest ways of dealing with issues.

Anyways, just my two cents.

Broker not paying an invoice

Drake - Thanks - you are correct. That is the best way to handle this. I was just thinking of how to handle the worst case scenario in case he does not pay.

Broker not paying an invoice

Thx. Is hitting their bond an option? Assuming he has it...

Broker not paying an invoice

Hi All -

Quick question. How do you handle a broker that refuses to pay? There was no problem with the load but he says "he does not have the money right now" and will pay in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Question about revenues per truck

Hi All -

I had a quick question about trucking revenues that I wanted to run by the group. I have heard a number of folks that evaluate trucking companies (for financial reasons) say that on average, a company should make about "$10,000 in gross revenues per truck, per month".

However, I spoke to a couple of truckers who quickly who've said that those numbers are wrong. A good trucker with solid contracts should make a closer to 20K per month/truck.

I am sure there are differences based on region, type of freight, etc.

What is a good "industry average"?

Thanks, Marco

How do you find loads?

I'm afraid I don't - thanks for your comment though.

How do you find loads?

I'll add something that someone suggested a little while ago - market to smaller companies. The competition level is similar, but you can service them with a couple of trucks.

How do you find loads?

Hello All –

I was recently looking into how to find trucking contracts and high paying loads. Most of the stuff I saw out there on the internet promoted using load boards. This goes against what most experienced truckers have told me...

So I did some research, talked to truckers, and wrote an article on this for our corporate blog. I was wondering if members of the forum would be kind enough to review the article and tell me you find it accurate. Any feedback – positive or negative – is welcome. My objective is to improve on the information I already have.

It’s at: How to find trucking contracts

The article mentions that loadboards may be a good place to start, but competition is high and profits are low. Getting your own customers is how to make decent money. This requires a plan and selling skills.

By the way, the article is not intended to be a comprehensive source. Just want to steer folks in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.