Profile For Patrick

Patrick 's Info

Montgomery , AL

Experienced Driver

4 years, 11 months ago

Patrick 's Bio

I am a 70 old from Texas who has always had no interest in sports, or marriage, or drinking. I am an atheist who thinks religion is just a formalized and ritualized mental disorder.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

How to get a suspended CDL reinstated

According to Texas state law a CDL will be automatically suspended for 1 year for leaving the scene of an accident. My CDL was suspended last April for that, and will be reinstated in. 3 months. But a cop said I knocked over a metal pole that had a stop sign and street sign on it. And my wife was in the passenger seat and said I didn’t do it. I never heard anything. Does anybody have a suggestion of how I could get my CDL back sooner? I couldn’t afford a trucking legal service at the time.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Expungement process

Does anybody know how the expungement process works. Can a do the process myself to get the two tickets removed from my record. And what do the courts accept as a valid reason?

Posted:  2 years ago

Companies that take accidents

In November 2016 I knocked over a metal pole that had a stop sign and street sign on it. I did not notice this and drove on to my pickup point. 30 minutes later an officer approached my truck and told me what I had done. He wrote up an accident form and left. He also wrote 2 tickets the next day for leaving scene of accident, and careless driving. My CDL was suspended in April this year. My CDL will be reinstated in April 2018. Western Express told me they are a second chance company, and Central Oregon Transport said they would take me also. I even considered letting my CDL go and going through another trucking company who trains. I though that might be easier. Any suggestions anyone.

Posted:  2 years ago

Trucking companies who take accidents

Which companies accept accidents if there is only property damage

PTL vs. Total Transportation of MS.

I would like to get feedback on people's experiences with PTL and Total Transportation of MS. PTL wants me to be a lease/purchase driver, and Total wants me to be a company driver. Does anybody out there know these two companies?

Insurance for spouse

How many companies allow you to add your spouse to your medical and dental insurance, if your spouse is the same sex.

CRST Malone O/O flatbed......is it a good deal?

CRST Malone just told me they want me to become an O/O and drive flatbed. Does anyone have some experience they can relate?

Posted:  4 years ago

Walmart and Comdata

Does anybody know if Walmart still takes Comdata?

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Any comments about XPO Logisitics

I have just been hired by XPO Logistics, formerly Con-Way Trucking. Does anybody have any comments about this company? I will be taking my wife and our cat on board the truck in 6 months.

Ready to go to court

After speaking with the U.S. DOT and the U.S. Department of Labor, I am ready to take Navajo Express to court for using intimidation and threats to make me drive longer hours and more miles. They told me that if I did not driver 10,000 miles a month I would be fired. I told them that the only concerns I have are picking up the load on time, and delivering it on time. How many miles it takes I don't care. Since I was threatened by intimidation the DOT and DOL both told me that comes under the title of abusive treatment of employees. Can anybody tell me if you have been told the same thing by your company? After driving for Swift, CR England and USA Truck, they never even brought that subject up.

How many miles?

Patrick, it is our understanding that you did not get fired, but that you resigned - and you did that while you had the truck at home (not a smart move on your part, which I am sure you will find out the ramifications from that move when you start looking for other trucking jobs)

Patrick, I am going to be real honest with you. I think you need to quit obsessing over this mileage question - my gut feeling is that it has nothing to do with why they may have wanted to get rid of you. It may be the reason they gave you, but there is something else going on here that they simply do not want to put up with anymore.

Anymore WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many miles?

Can anybody tell me how many miles your company demands that you drive per month or they will fire you.......even though the federal government orders you to drive a certain amount of hours, and there are dozens of variables every day? Can anybody tell me that driving 10,000 miles per month, not counting home time, delays at shipper and consignee, breakdowns, construction, driving through 35 mph small towns, and the other variables that require far slower speeds than 65mph. is realistic?

You people don't get it

Hey everyone, just look at it this way. Within another year, Patrick can write a personal review about every trucking company in the US because he will have been hired and fired by them.

I have done many loads that have been at least 1100 to 1500 miles loaded and empty total. Nobody ever said anything because I was delivering and picking up either on time or early. Then, out of the blue, while I am home my DM says that I have to get my miles up. I had no idea it was even a problem. I told her that I can drive 550 miles a day in order to get the load where it is going. I want to drive hard so I can have only a few miles to go on the day of delivery. But as far as how many miles I go every day of the month...............I don't care. As long as I pick up and deliver from the customer on time, I don't care how many miles I go. As long as I do it safely and legally. If those two things are ignored by the company then I don't take the load in the first place. With breakdowns, home time, delays for hours at the shipper and consignee , it is not reasonable to expect a driver to do 400 miles every single day. My DM told me she had some drivers who drive 700 miles every day. I told her that I would not believe that if the driver swore on a Bible. The governors on Navajo are set at 64. 700 miles including fueling, eating, taking the 30 minute break???? No, not reality at all. So I resigned while I was at home. I did not want to be a thousand miles away and be fired on the spot, and stranded. That is the entire story. If you don't believe it, call Navajo. So if you have any phony complaints about me, go **** yourself.

You people don't get it

I have done many loads that have been at least 1100 to 1500 miles loaded and empty total. Nobody ever said anything because I was delivering and picking up either on time or early. Then, out of the blue, while I am home my DM says that I have to get my miles up. I had no idea it was even a problem. I told her that I can drive 550 miles a day in order to get the load where it is going. I want to drive hard so I can have only a few miles to go on the day of delivery. But as far as how many miles I go every day of the month...............I don't care. As long as I pick up and deliver from the customer on time, I don't care how many miles I go. As long as I do it safely and legally. If those two things are ignored by the company then I don't take the load in the first place. With breakdowns, home time, delays for hours at the shipper and consignee, it is not reasonable to expect a driver to do 400 miles every single day. My DM told me she had some drivers who drive 700 miles every day. I told her that I would not believe that if the driver swore on a Bible. The governors on Navajo are set at 64. 700 miles including fueling, eating, taking the 30 minute break???? No, not reality at all. So I resigned while I was at home. I did not want to be a thousand miles away and be fired on the spot, and stranded. That is the entire story. If you don't believe it, call Navajo.

You people don't get it

I drove for Navajo for 6 weeks and it ended 3 days ago, thinking it was going to last for several years. Everything was going great until my driver manager told me I had to get my miles up. I did not understand that statement, because in the three years I worked for Swift 10 years ago, they NEVER mentioned my monthly miles, as long as I picked up and delivered on time. Some loads don't require 400 miles every day of the month. But Navajo says if you don't put on 400 miles every day you are fired. That is not realistic.

Pick up and deliver are not the only criteria anymore?

I have been informed that just picking up and delivering a load on time are not the only important priorities any longer for the trucking industry. That a driver must maintain a certain mileage every month or they are fired. Is anybody else familiar with this fact?

Miles per day

I would like to know if anybody thinks it is possible for an truck, with a governor set at 64 m.p.h. to go 700 miles in one day.

Peripheral neuropathy and riding on a big rig

I would like to know if there are any driver's who have spouses riding with them as passengers, who have peripheral neuropathy. I want to know how you handle the problem of sleep, when they have to get up in the middle of the night because their pain is so much it wakes them up. And what about the problem of them taking naps during the day while you are driving and you having to slam on the brakes, and preventing them from falling out of the sleeper?

Wifi for the truck

Does anybody know if there is a better wifi service for the truck than the monthly $20 from Flying J/Pilot and Petro/T/A.

Cats on trucks

I would like to know how long it should take my cat to get used to being on the truck, since he is 10 years old and has never left the apartment in his life. He is also scared of everybody except my wife and myself. I figured he would get used to the truck, but I don't know how long it should take, or what steps we can take to make the transition easier for him. We are bringing the fabric off his favorite chair. and all his catnip toys