Profile For Brett Aquila

Brett Aquila's Info

Keeseville, NY

Experienced Driver

Brett Aquila On The Web

14 years, 8 months ago

Brett Aquila's Bio

Hey Everyone! I'm the owner and founder of TruckingTruth and a 15 year trucking veteran.

Brett Aquila's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 7

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

DOT physical: how screwed am i?

Welcome Abigail!

Driving is a real possibility for you, but I would take a few months to get yourself into better health first. If you take a shot at trucking right now, you'll fight a difficult uphill battle to get medical clearance. It will be time consuming, frustrating, and possibly very expensive. You may not even qualify.

Even if you get medical clearance right now, you may find the stress of learning to drive a truck will only make your medical condition worse.

Getting started in trucking is incredibly challenging. You don't want to be behind the eight ball from the start. Take maybe 6 months (depending on how dedicated you are to diet and fitness) and get yourself in better condition. Then I think you'll be ready to take on this enormous challenge with renewed health, confidence, and enthusiasm!

Hope this helps!

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

What is causing the backlog at the ports in Long Beach and Los Angeles?

There's a record number of cargo ships sitting off the coast of Southern California, specifically the ports at Long Beach and Los Angeles. I wanted to know if any of you go there regularly and have any information about why so many ships are waiting for offload? I don't trust the news. I'd rather hear what's going on from drivers that go to those ports.

Thanks!

Posted:  1 month ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

If my job depends on being vaccinated, I will get vaccinated

I have something for you to check out. Read this Facebook post by a local news station. They tried to set up their classic narrative by asking if you know anyone who was unvaccinated and died of COVID. The responses they got were not what they expected!

WXYZ-TV Channel 7 survey

Have you guys given any thought to what kind of future we will have if we all cave to their demands?

Have you given any thought to the idea that this entire COVID thing may have been nothing more than a way to implement vaccine passports, which in turn would give them fine-grained control over every aspect of our lives? Every step of their plan furthered our conditioning:

mask is a small ask [which leads to ->]
social distancing if you love your grandma [which leads to ->]
close your business if you care about others [which leads to ->]
get the vax if you want to work [which leads to ->]
vaccine passports to make sure you get the vax [which leads to ->]
tie your bank account, employment status, and ability to enter public spaces to the vaccine passport [which leads to ->]
totalitarian control over every aspect of our lives.

Each "small ask" further conditioned us to accept the next bigger ask. If they get their way, we cannot own a house, work, have access to our money, enter public spaces, travel, or do anything else without complying to their every last demand.

Do you want to live in a society where you only get the "privilege" of making a living, owning a home, owning a car, having access to your own money, getting an education, and going out into public places if you meet the never-ending and ever-changing demands our of government?

The government is now saying we must get the vax if we want to make a living. Do you think that would be the end of their demands?

Was two weeks enough to "flatten the curve?"

Were masks the end of their demands?

Was social distancing the end?

How about getting two shots? Was that enough? Now there's a third, with daily pills soon to follow, followed by an endless array of boosters every few months.

Now it's about making a living. But hey, that has to be their last demand, right? Come on, just this last one. It's just one more "small ask."

Do you think we "earn our freedom" by doing exactly what they say? Or do you think they will further expand their newfound powers and take more and more from us?

If you know your history, you can't sleep at night knowing what they're doing to us. For 18 months we've endured a series of ever-increasing "small asks" that has culminated in our ability to leave our home or provide for our families. Their playbook is well-known because they have used it throughout history to gain control over populations.

At what point do people wake up and finally see they're leading you further and further into the abyss?

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Interestingly enough, this was just brought to my attention from four days ago:

South Florida Doctor Says She Won’t Treat Unvaccinated Patients

Rickipedia was from South Florida, too, and that's exactly what he was told. He'd certainly have something to say about this now if he could.

Resist. Do not comply.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

That was a great response, Mikey B!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

I was unaware of the circumstances if Rick's passing, Brett. I hope you know I was not deliberately trying to strike a nerve, and I understand why you feel so passionately about this topic.

No, it's all good. I'm just trying to point out the seriousness of this situation. Rickipedia got it because his doctor wouldn't see anyone in person unless they had. Rick is Jewish, and so is his doctor. Rick didn't want to get it, but he lost his discipline and talked himself into it. His rationale was, "A Jew would never hurt another Jew." Turns out he was wrong, and 30 days later, he was dead.

I don't want to see that happen to anyone else, and I damn sure don't want to see this country taken over by an authoritarian regime bent on our destruction!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Here's a simple question.......if this is about our health, then why doesn't this new mandate apply to postal workers? Just asking for an uninformed friend.....

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

A little vaccine isn't going to force me to quit my job. It's will be just another requirement in a long list of requirements.

That's right RealDiehl! Don't let it stop you! A "little vaccine" wasn't gonna stop Rikipedia, either!

I recently announced the passing of our old friend, Rikipedia. Turns out, no one asked what happened. He informed me shortly before passing that he got vaxxed a few weeks prior. One month after the vax......dead.

But sure, RiehlDeal, it's only another requirement.......just like:

• two weeks to flatten the curve
  • a mask is a small ask
  • social distance because don't you love your grandma?
  • close your business and bankrupt yourself because don't you love America?
  • yet another lockdown
  • mask mandates if you're not vaxxed
  • no employment if you're not vaxxed
  • and soon to be no access to society and "safety camps" for those not vaxxed

We must stop going along with the government and telling ourselves that it's business as usual when they violate the Constitution, violate the Nuremberg Code, censor people, cancel people, take away their employment, and soon take away their freedom.

I'm sure the people of Australia thought they would "earn" their freedom back if they would just comply. Turns out they were very, very wrong!

I'm appalled that some people still don't get what's happening after 18 months of watching this tyranny and seeing what they're doing to people around the world.

Folks, they have one option only, and that is our compliance. We will not comply. No testing, no vaxxing.

If we don't decry this mandate as dead on arrival, many of us will soon be dead ourselves. Learn from Australia. Do not comply.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Disqualifying Prescription?

Also, keep in mind that they will not allow any medication that causes drowsiness, dizziness, or any symptoms that could prevent you from operating the vehicle safely. I don't know the specifics of the medications we're talking about here, but it's possible they cause symptoms that prevent them from being approved for driving.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

What trucking schools in California take Federal Student Aid?

Ryan, I deleted all the other comments you made because you don't know how to speak to people with respect. The way you disrespected our moderator is unacceptable. In the only other comment from you on our website from two months ago:

In the end, it was my attitude/personality that got in the way.

So you know what you're like. I was going to ban you, but you said you have anxiety issues and you're on meds for it. For that reason only I'm giving you one last chance. We would like to help, and I wouldn't want to make your issues any worse, but you'll talk to everyone here with respect.

Last chance.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

In case anyone noticed, I deleted a comment from this thread that was made about 30 minutes ago because it was fake. It was a spammer leaving links. Whoever approved it just didn't notice. Deleting the comment had nothing to do with the message.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

There's a clear tendency for personal experience to sometimes create an intuition that exaggerates the universality of that experience

Fair enough. Information bias. Well, let me bring up a few points I'm making in the hope that people will let me know if I'm just imagining all this.

Do you believe I'm "creating an intuition that exaggerates the universality" of the censorship that's taking place? Am I only imagining that people on one side of this conversation are being banned from YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and the mainstream media?

Do you believe I'm "creating an intuition that exaggerates the universality" of the laws being broken to promote one side of this agenda? Am I only imagining that the people on one side of this debate are breaking the Nuremberg code, violating the Constitution, violating election laws, and vilifying the other side as "terrorists" and "criminals?"

Am I only imagining the fact that the people on one side of this debate will gain a tremendous amount of money and power if they get their way?

What circumstance would require a group of people on one side of a conversation to prevent any sort of open and honest debates?

One of the first things you must do in order to figure out what's going on is to separate what's known from what is not, and I'm going to start with censorship. I know for a fact that only one side of this debate is being censored on a mass scale.

I also know that only one side of this argument is attempting to criminalize the views of those on the other side.

I also know that only one side of this debate is literally changing the definitions of things like "vaccine" and "herd immunity" to fit their agenda. Guess which side that is?

Finally, only one side of this debate has gained an enormous amount of money and power, and they stand to gain even more if they get their way. It's the same people breaking laws, violating codes, censoring people, and vilifying those on the other side of the debate.

It sure seems like the people on one side of this debate are doing an awful lot of terrible things in order to get their way. They also have an awful lot to gain if they succeed. The other side simply wants the freedom to make their own choices and they're not violating any laws, codes, or human rights to do it.

Once again, I'd like to thank Midnight Fox (who I was responding to directly in this post) and all the others for their willingness to engage in this conversation in such an authentic way. This is exactly what our society needs. We need open and honest discussions.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Is my wife being discriminated against?

To the OP,. I wouldn't look too much into the. Prime has no reason to railroad your wife. If they wanted her out, they could've done it a long time ago.

I agree with this.

Here's another thought. It's well-known that companies may push your buttons sometimes to see if you really want this career or not. There is a segment of our population that believes in making newbies suffer in order to earn their place, so they treat newbies like garbage. If you seem soft, they'll push you that much harder to see if you'll quit. If you quit, they'll say you couldn't have handled the hard parts further down the road and it's better for everyone if you find out the easy way in the beginning. I don't know if this trainer is one of those people, but it's possible.

A driver will face a mountain of challenges early in their career. I wouldn't obsess about whether it's discrimination, or maybe he just believes in making newbies suffer, or maybe the guy is just a jerk! Who knows? It doesn't matter. I would get a different trainer and keep moving forward. It didn't work out with that trainer and it really doesn't matter why, as long as you can get a different trainer and continue.

I've never seen someone as motivated nor taking as much initiative to learn as she is right now.

Your work ethic and your attitude will be the two biggest factors in your success. Keep that amazing work ethic and keep an amazing attitude. You will have no trouble finding high-quality drivers and trainers that will be thrilled to help out. Sure, you'll find a few jerks along the way but don't let that trip you up. Be yourself. Set your own high standards and stick to them. You know what qualities a person needs to be successful, so show those qualities and stick to the plan.

Be your best self and keep after it with relentless determination, and you will succeed.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

So in this sense your statement is incorrect - experience can offer everything, depending on what you need.

Another place you see this all the time is in sports. Coaches and athletes often know what nutrition and fitness principles work for decades before scientists can figure out why. In fact, it is not uncommon for science to declare a statement to be false because they can't prove why it's true.

Most people have absolutely no idea how much of our life is being manipulated by false science, or how much science they keep from us in the quest for profit and control.

The educational system loves to convince us we know nothing if we didn't learn it in college. If you don't have a degree, you should shut up and defer to an "expert". What a pile of garbage. It's 2021. You can learn pretty much anything online today, and it doesn't have to come from the establishment. In fact, that's one of the most powerful aspects of educating yourself.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

According to their data derived from hundreds of thousands of cases, the most potentially serious side effects from the vaccine have less chance of occuring than what's apparently the risk of dying from using aspirin.

Really? Because I know of four people that have died from the vaccine. Four. I also have two classmates from high school that were rushed to the ICU after having extreme reactions within 10 minutes of getting it. I come from a small town with only 176 people in my class and I don't even keep up with anyone. I just heard it through Facebook.

So, four deaths and two dangerous reactions just from the tiny group of people I know, which isn't much. I don't know anyone who died from aspirin or had to be rushed to the hospital after taking it, do you?

We'll see how well this statement about aspirin ages when the truth comes out about how many people were injured or killed by it.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

We can debate statistics or interpretations endlessly, but we do not know if any of the stats they're giving us are real or fabricated. There's a better way to understand what is happening here and who to trust.

I believe censorship is the key to understanding this entire scenario. People who are telling the truth do not need to:

• Censor people
  • Silence or threaten dissenters
  • Stomp on the God-given rights and freedoms of the people
  • Violate the Constitution or the Nuremberg Code
  • Change the literal definition of things like 'herd immunity' or 'vaccine' to fit their needs
  • Change the way we designate the primary cause of death
  • Demonize anyone questioning their conclusions or motives
  • Flood the media 24/7 with one-sided propaganda

The truth stands on its own. Maintaining a lie takes a lot of work. If you're lying, you simply can not afford to let people question you or the truth will come to light.

Folks, we're not just talking about censoring everyday people. We're talking about medical professors at places like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Standford, and Oxford. We're talking about Nobel-prize winning epidemiologists. We're talking about tens of thousands of medical professionals all over the world who signed a petition expressing strong disagreement with the current narrative.

The most important thing you must understand about people who censor others is that they do not value any opinions outside of their own. No one is allowed to disagree about anything. So you may be on their side at the moment, but they are not on your side. They act as Gods, they expect us to serve them unconditionally. They're coming for us now, but once they use you to get to us, they'll come for you. Who will be there to protect you? No one.

So if you're on the side of people who are committing the crimes listed above then you had better wake up before it's too late! You're on the wrong side of this thing.

Honest people with good information and good intentions do not need to commit crimes in order to protect the truth.

This is not about your health.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Fed-up With the Trucking Industry

First, I want to give a tremendous shout-out to everyone who responded here. The advice and insights are absolutely spectacular! It's always a joy reading the thoughts of people who have a lot of life experience and really have things figured out. Outstanding job!

This conversation has touched on just about everything we try to teach here, and number one is attitude. Attitude really makes all the difference. People who don't make it in trucking usually walk away quite angry with everyone except themselves. They hate the trucking industry, they hate their company or school, and they hate the people they were trying to learn from.

Why is that?

You'll find their learning experience was a vicious cycle of:

try -> fail -> become frustrated -> place blame elsewhere -> try again

Each time you fail and place blame elsewhere, you become increasingly frustrated with everything. You lose patience, stop thinking clearly, stop listening to what you're being taught, and then you can't perform as well as you should. It's a downward spiral.

Entering this industry with the wrong expectations is also a killer. Students enter the industry with expectations about everything, which is only natural. We all try to figure out what lies ahead. Unfortunately, many students have the wrong expectations about the learning process, the type of people they'll encounter, and what the job will be like.

Jonathan, nothing about trucking is easy. But tens of millions of ordinary, everyday people have had long, successful careers. They took the same path you did, and they made it through. You can blame the industry, the company, and the instructors if you like but what can you say about the people in your class who were successful? They worked in the same industry, they worked for the same company, and they had the same instructors.

There is no comfortable answer to that question.

Someone said that in their experience, Werner had given students many opportunities to improve after making major mistakes. This is most closely related to attitude. You'll often find that a master loves to teach those who are fiercely determined to learn and have a great attitude. If you're humble, honest, enthusiastic, and hard-working, you'll find that 99% of the instructors will bend over backward to get you through. If someone has a lousy attitude, no one wants to waste their time.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

Folks, I know the media tries to make it look like a massive portion of the U.S. has had the vax, but that is absolutely not the case. Best estimates are that maybe 30% of U.S. have had the jab.

There is absolutely no chance this country can operate under any sort of mandate because the system will collapse. They've tried it in other countries and it falls apart quickly. They simply don't have the numbers to do it. Here's a great example:

Yahoo Finance did a poll asking how many people would avoid going to a restaurant if they required a vaccination card. There were 31,000 respondents and 80% said they would avoid that restaurant. That jives very well with the estimate that 70% of us are not vaxxed. You know 70% of us would avoid that restaurant, plus a portion of those who are vaxxed do not support mandates for the rest of us and would avoid those restaurants on principle.

Here's another example. They have vaccine mandates in France for restaurants. The restaurants are absolutely empty, and the French people have decided to host "picnics" in the middle of the street outside of restaurants. So the streets are jammed full of people picnicking on their own food while sitting outside of empty restaurants. Can you imagine being a restaurant owner who is bleeding money with empty seats and 20 feet outside of your restaurant the streets are packed with people eating???

I love it!

rofl-2.gif rofl-2.gif

Check out the video from France: French Picnics Avoid Restaurants

How long do you think that can last?

Hold the line! Do not cave to mandates of any sort. We are the massive majority. Do not let mainstream media fool you!

By the way, I live in New York, so I'm in the worst state in the country right now. God Bless the Good Guys because they took down our Governor! But this war is far from over.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Oh no!

The only way to do it is to clear your browser cache. I set it up so that it never asks again if you answer, "No" because I was afraid that a person might login from someone else's computer just one time quick or something. I didn't want people using that computer in the future to be able to log in as you, so once you say no it doesn't ask again.

So you'll have to clear your browser cache. If you're not sure how to do that, tell me what device you're using and I'll help you get it fixed.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sending..................

Just hit the "sending" button again. It may re-send it. Sometimes it may be your internet connection, sometimes it may be a delay as our database runs a live backup. The backup usually takes about 15 seconds, which is an eternity when you're waiting on something that normally happens immediately. Give it like 15 seconds and see if it goes on its own. If not, hit it again.