Profile For Special K, aka Kathy

Special K, aka Kathy's Info

Whitesburg, KY

Rookie Solo Driver

6 years, 4 months ago

Special K, aka Kathy's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Central and swift thoughts?

anyone drive for these companies? how about the driving school? did you like them?

They are the same company. Swift bought out Central. They still drive different trucks but all rules and regulations are Swift.

they havent made the switch yet. central is still central. regs are different. i am going to work for central. i know abunch of the drivers. swift is into some stuff so they buddied with another company

Yes they have switched as of January 31st 2014 I drive for Central I am just finishing up my rookie year. It is now all swift policies, rules, and regulations.

Central, Prime, or Stevens? ??

Lol I don't know why that comment posted three times :-O

Central, Prime, or Stevens? ??

Just a little FYI, I currently drive for Central (really Swift) I am within 1 1/2 months of finishing up my rookie year with them. I had a pretty good experience with Centrals school and training, but if you are just beginning please realize that Central is completely ran by Swift, including all macros and Swift company policies. I was happy with Central, but like any company there were some downsides. However now it has completely changed and is no longer the company that I chose and started with. I have also found that micromanagement is much more prevalent now. It also seems that it is a beginner company that cranks out drivers by the droves. I am not, by any means, putting Swift down it is just not the company I chose. The company is completely different and I would highly recommend that you do your research and make sure that is the correct fit for you. Talk to drivers, if you can. Please don't just listen to the recruiters, it is their job to recruit you, so they will sugar coat things, especially pay and miles. The COMPLETE SWIFT take over happened January 31st/ February 1st 2014. I don't get on TT as often as I would like to, so feel free to private message me. If you would like more info! Good luck and do your homework, you will be glad you did! Special K

Central, Prime, or Stevens? ??

Central, Prime, or Stevens? ??

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!! Have a blessed day! Special K

How the West was won;)

And u have been a great "phone" trainer couldn't have made it without your expertise and advice!!!!! Very thankful for your friendship and support (and Starcar, Roadkill and any many others)

Thank you trucking truth!

Welcome....enjoy every minute! Your life is about to change in ways you never thought! (All good of course) ;-) ;-0 ;-p

Need advice on shifting gears smoothly and easily...

Just try not to over think of, I promise it gets easier. Pretty soon you won't even have to think about it!

Hi hi hi hi hi

That first month is always crazy. I'm just glad you're still alive through it haha. What area or states are they mostly keeping you? And what kind of truck do you have again? I'm always on the lookout for fellow TT drivers haha

I spend a lot of time in The mid west I am driving out if the Rochelle terminal. Today I am in Atlanta for a delivery pick up here tomorrow and back to Chicago. I have a white 2013 Freight Liner, and you can't miss it because I have it decorated with Hello Kitty on the doors! Ill see if Road Kill will post a pic for me!

Haha! There's a guy at Central with a Giant Buzz-light-year on the side of his truck. I guess that makes two decorated trucks here at Central :)

Yeah I'm mostly in the Denver area. Just spent a week in the East though right by Washington DC but apart from that I'm usually driving on 80 or 70.

I am on both of those A LOT!!!!!

Hi hi hi hi hi

Hi hi hi hi hi

HELLO EVERYONE! I have been one busy little chick here lately! I have sooooo many stories to tell, just not enough time to tell them all! I'll have to think of the really good ones to share (like winding up in a Bass Pro Shops PArking lot! Somehow I got on a frontage road and drove by the dang place a couple of times and then one wrong turn and my response was "Oh Hell, I'm in the parking lot". I just waved at the staring crowd like I was in a parade and kept on going! Oh the adventures and to make matters worse (and that is how this happened) I HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO SENSE OF DIRECTION!!! So you can imagine! Thank goodness I ha e my own personal navigator which is none other than our very own "red gator" She has helped me out of many a situations! Ill try my best to check in more often and if anyone wants you can always send me a pm and ill get back with u or give ya my number and we can talk! Special K (aka Kathy)

Weak

Lol. My trainers truck the clutch wore me down but my Freight Liner....easy peasy!

How dangerous its for a women to work as a truck driver??

Well I have been a solo driver for a couple of months and I have yet to be in a situation that I felt unsafe. You have some very helpful drivers out there and you have some butts! Just use common sense and all is good! Best of luck and by the way I love what I do (most of the time, there are those days though lol). Best of luck!!!

Backing up

Backing was designed by Satan....that is all.

And Im officially a trainer:)

Well you've been training me for months now even if it was on the phone!!!! You will be an excellent trainer!

May I Have Your Attention Please!

Thanks everyone, just finishing up my very first solo run! Hope to head home for a few days this coming week. If any of you are on Facebook add me as a friend, I have posted lots of pics on there! Just search for Kathy Kincer! Man what an adventure this has been and will continue to be!

May I Have Your Attention Please!

I have an important announcement, I now have a truck issued to me, a 2013 White Freightliner, and I leave on my first load alone tomorrow! Woop Woop!!!!!! Want to know a little secret, I am scared sh**less! Dang I am a truck driver, who would have thunk it lol!

Posted:  6 years ago

Mentor

I am like you Star it was great to put a face with a name! Daniel wish I had got to see you while you were at the West Valley Terminal but I think I was back at the hotel at the time. Traing is fast here at Central, but I do have a great trainer. We get along very well and I have learned a lot from him. However I am so ready to get the training over with, i love Mike to death but we are starting to get on each others nerves, lol. I hope to meet a bunch of all of you on here in person (including Road Kill and you too Brett). God Bless each one of you!

Posted:  6 years ago

Mentor

Hey all as you may know I am out with my trainer and in the early stages of week three! I will upgrade in a couple of weeks hopefully. We have traveled west to east and east to west literally! On this leg of my journey we traveled from Mt Sterling Kentucky (my home state) to the great state of Washington, while here I had the great pleasure of meeting a great mentor and friend, StarCar! It was great to finally sit down and talk with her. She gave me encouragement when I needed it, a shoulder when I needed it and a swift kick in the rump if I needed that too! Star thanks for the homemade jerky (I ate the whole bag) and for treating me to dinner! I hope that I get to meet more people from this forum because without this support I really don't think I would be as successful as I have been. So STAR for all your support and friendship. This will NOT be the last time either only next time Red Gator will have to join us. Special K