Comments By Special K, aka Kathy

https://www.truckingtruth.com/forum/Attachments/kathy.jpg avatar

BOB

Lol....the cell phone and camera has everything to do with needing bob lol. But I made it through ha ha hadancing-banana.gifsmile.gif

BOB

Yep Star that is the Bob I am referring too lol

BOB

Well I had my first experience needing Bob a couple of nights ago. Shew.....thank goodness for cell phone cameras! Lol

Man what a fast 2 weeks

Left Salt Lake City yesterday with my trainer with my first live load! We are headed to Feankfort Kentucky! I didn't drive yesterday on day one but I have driven 400 miles today! My trainer said he was very impressed with my driving! Still working on tight quarter driving and down shifting is getting smoother and floating gears too! Having a blast. We should reach our destination by tomorrow night shut down and have about 20 minutes from flying j to our six a.m. Drop in Frankfort on Monday morning and hopefully our next load will be set by then ready for us where ever it may be!

Man what a fast 2 weeks

I go out with my trainer tomorrow:-) mimimum of 28 days, 200 hours, and at least 40 backing into docks, then after that I return to a Central terminal for a road and backing test (between two trucks), refer pre trip and another written exam! That will be my upgrade to become a solo driver!

Man what a fast 2 weeks

Thanks everyone! I honestly wouldn't have made it had it not been for this site. It has been such a great help from the High Road Training Program to the support and friendship you have shown! Brett to answer your question has it been easy the answer is NO, but have I enjoyed it YES I have! And you are right Old School, the restaurant business is similar to trucking with the fact it is NOT for the faint if heart! Star I brought the washer with me, cause I knew that I could make it. I will keep you updated as I can!

Man what a fast 2 weeks

I passed!!! I am now the proud holder of a class A CDL and an employee of central refrigerated! 3 days of orientation then out with my assigned trainer! I am excited but this is just the beginning now the real training and work begins. FEELING EXCITED, AND TIRED LOL

Man what a fast 2 weeks

Step 2 and3 completed!!! I passed both pre trip and backing, shew....now tomorrow is the road test. My last hurdle in the schooling part, and hopefully I will be a proud Class A CDL Holder! Then the real work will begin with my trainer! Say a prayer for me as I complete this last phase of training.

Man what a fast 2 weeks

Believe it or not tomorrow is my test date for the Pre trip inspection and the backing test. Tuesday will be the road test! I knew coming in (thanks to TT) that Centrals Training Program was fast paced but I didn't know it was a whirl wind! I would have been lost had I not used the High Road Training Program! Keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow! Special K

Salt Lake City Bound

Congrats Special K. Yeah our class at school had 18 people. To my knowledge there are 3 of us left after 3 months. 9 of us graduated from the school and were hired. Now 3 left. I know at least 2 of the 9 had better job offers driving locally near home. Dont know the reason the others left.

Are you going to CR England? We just picked up a relay load from their yard. CRST uses their drop yard at their terminal in Salt Lake and I have also picked up a relay from their yard in Denver.

No not cr England but Central Refrigerated on my way as we speak lol

Salt Lake City Bound

The first week of training with Central is finished! We started with 11 people and finished with 4. Two people quit and the rest were sent home for various reasons. However I am one of the 4!!!! YAY! The next phase will be driving, so excited! I will keep you posted as I can. Keep you prayers coming for me!

On my way

Thanks Old School!I am going to listen to every word and do just as I am told. I am so excited to finally get started. A few road blocks along the way, like my daughters dad just passed away (my ex husband). His funeral was today but she helped her step mom with the arrangments and she knows that I h:-) ad to get started. Her husband is very supportive. So I know she will be ok. We have to be in the motel lobby in the morning at 4:45 to go to our first day of school. I'll post tomorrow evening to tell about myfirst day!

On my way

I am on the bus to Atlanta. I will be in Comley Ga for one week then on to Salt Lake City for my training with Central Refrigerated! Can't believe it is finally here! Let the journey begin.

Got my CDL!

Congrats!!!!!

First Week School Done

smile.gif I agree with you Brett, I hopped down out of that truck and when I realized that I had just driven that baby was one of the coolest things ever!! You are right Ken, it is like your first love, first kiss, first....you get the picture!

The impact of social media and work connections on your employment chances...

shocked.png Big Brother is watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave tonight!

Good Luck, post post post about your adventure when you have time!

It's Official!

Thanks everyone for your support, Brett like I said earlier, the older I get the more cautious I have become! I used to just jump in feet first and sink or swim. Everything will go the way it is meant to be! I just need to relax and enjoy this new adventure. I have traveled quite a bit to Mid West States and North East, but I have never been out West and I am so looking forward to seeing Salt Lake City! I need to focus on the task at hand and my know that my future looks bright. I got this!!!!!!!!!! I truly thank God that he has blessed me with this opportunity to follow my heart! I know that he is in this with me!

I tried earlier today to fiqure out how to post pics but I have no idea. Any who, I will put stuff on my facebook page and if you are a facebooker feel free to send me a request and I will accept it!

It's Official!

Thanks everyone I got my bus ticket today I'll leave the bus terminal at 10:00 Sunday morning and head to Conley GA. If all the paper work is good (it will be cause I have made sure that all I's are dotted and all the T's crossed) and I pass the physical, which I should unless my blood pressure is high due to nerves and I am a little concerned about the eye exam, I have worn glasses since I was seven years old, I am restricted to glasses but no major problems, just can't see at a long distance. They just are so strict, I just had an eye exam and got new glasses I am going to take a copy of my latest eye glass prescription just in case. Then after that I will leave GA the following Saturday morning at 5:30 a.m. and travel to Salt Lake City and arrive there around 10:00 p.m. Sunday night!!! Heck of a bus ride, lol. Fingers crossed, and prayers appreciated!!!!!

It's Official!

Got the go ahead from my recuiter today at Central! She will be sending my traveling orders soon, I will go to Conley GA for one week, and if all paper work and physical is good then to Salt Lake City for training!!!! Gave my two weeks notice at work, so all systems are go!!!! Nervous and excited all balled into one!!!!!!dancing-dog.gif