Comments By Tractor Man

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0635283001552869599-37878.jpg avatar

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Half of us will be unemployed in 5 years.

Plus systems can be hacked and fail if no ones is there to manually take charge well then what?

Not to worry. All of the bean counters, lawyers and insurance underwriters have already calculated the "allowable" number of deaths and horrible flaming carnage they find acceptable. Just don't you worry yourself with such things, when there are much smarter people than you and me in charge!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

The Guilt, Shame & Embarrassment of Being a Prime Company Driver [Sarcasm]

While I am there I am going to get the $450 Weeboost installed to improve my cell signal,

I have a better idea. Get rid of the useless excuse of a cell provider "T Mobile", switch to Verizon or AT&T towers with Straight Talk. Unlimited talk text and data* (* 60 gigs un throttled), and save your $450.00. There is not a " You Boost," "They Boost," " I Boost," or any "Boost" that will help you with T MO! Great in big Metro areas, pretty much useless elsewhere.

How is that for a glowing endorsement of T Mobile? "Can you hear me now?" shocked.pngrofl-2.gif

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Friday Short Haul - Prime Inc vs Amazon, mother fights HOS changes, truck drivers appreciation week

OTOH - you snooze, you lose when it comes to filing trademarks

I agree with Rick on this one. On another note, unless you are in the trucking business, 99.9% of the population is going to answer "Amazon" if you mention "Prime." Also, I don't see how Prime Trucking would be damaged by this situation. This reminds me of the WWF fiasco many years ago. The World Wildlife Fund went after the World Wrestling Federation for using "WWF". To this day, I never think of the World Wildlife Fund when I see WWF. Two completely different groups of "Animals!"

smile.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Would you refuse this load?

. I guess I was very lucky by having one who drove for more than 20 years, and could tell the drivers who knew what they were doing and the ones who still needed to learn...

You are fortunate to be in that position. Many of the DL's and Planners that I deal with have never spent 5 minutes on the road. On the other hand, I spoke with a Planner at our Lancaster, TX Terminal yesterday. Not sure if she was ever a driver, but we both spoke the same language, HOS, Recaps etc. She found me the perfect load for my available recap hours. 1200 miles from Beaumont, TX to Logan, OH. Very refreshing to have someone on the other end of the phone with that knowledge. I wish my DL had the same knowledge. He is a real nice guy, but brand new, 26 years old, never been a driver. It makes a big difference!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Any interiors of Mack pinnacle?

The responses though that I’m likely one of the only ones on here running a Mack?

It would be safe to say that you are in the top 1%.

smile.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Regen

Regen is what burns the DEF you would pump.

This is not correct. DEF is introduced into the exhaust system continuously to decrease NOx emmissions. It has nothing to do with a Regen.

The DEF system stores the soot then burns it.

No. The DPF ( Diesel Particulate Filter ) stores the soot. Two completely different systems.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Help finding the right trucking company!

I just went to Indeed. Read some horrible reviews about PGT......and Swift, Schneider, Prime, Werner, CR England, John Christner, Knight, Pride, CRST............ See my point? The majority of online reviews are worth nothing. I drive for Swift, It has it's ups and downs, just like any other Trucking Company, Department Store, Restraunt, etc. It is what you make of it. Good luck to both of you!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Change in the making...JB HUNT

haven't pulled dry van since cdl school so I may be asking some dumb questions here in the next few weeks.

Your new trailer has doors, you can't see over the top of your new trailer, you need to learn to back a trailer, ( we all know flatbedders never back up!

rofl-1.gifshocked.png

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Detailed accident report

rofl-3.gif

TOO FUNNY!

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Any interiors of Mack pinnacle?

Mack is a subsidiary of Volvo. Volvo bought them out around 2000. I've seen several recently. Nice looking trucks. Not a very big market share in Class 8 sleepers though.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

What really irritates you?

Truth be told, I don’t do that all the time, but I do try to pull up as far as possible if I notice a Prime flatbed driver eyeing the empty spot beside me.sorry.gif

Packrat ...... you're killing me!

rofl-1.gif

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Congress Introduces 65 MPH Speed Limiter For Trucks

I works pretty well right now with various trucks governed at various speeds.......59, 61, 63, 65, 67, 69. It makes passing or getting passed work out. If EVERYONE was governed at 65 it would be a total fuster cluck out here! I am governed at 65. Whenever I spot a faster truck in my mirror, I just let off the gas, coast down to 55 or so and let them pass. You lose seconds doing that. 15 minutes later I can still see the 67 mph truck ahead of me. Some people have no sense. Some of these asshats in the right lane will back up traffic in the hammer lane for a mile.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

What really irritates you?

Its been "one of those days." I will refrain from commenting this afternoon. Plus, I think there is a 5000 character limit on a post. Not near enough today!

shocked.pngrofl-3.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Be careful who you complain to

I'm quite sure Bob was not even phased by your comment. I'm sure if you brought it up to him, his answer would be......Huh.......I have no idea what you are talking about! Bob has dealt with much worse if he has been in this business for more than 15 minutes!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 months, 4 weeks ago

Tell me about being an electrician and / or truck driver

Richard, I'm assuming you are in your early 30's? Probably a wife and kids, or at least in your plans? If that is the case, I would recommend the electrician route. I spent the better part or 25 years in construction and related industries. There is a huge shortage of qualified people in the Trades these days. There is this huge myth that has been perpetrated on the last couple of generations, that you MUST go to College. Not true!!There are way to many people going to College and have absolutely no business being there. You can make a very good living as an electrician, plumber, HVAC Tech, etc. With half of marriages ending up in divorce as it is, I think Truck Driving raises that number up much higher. Many Contractors are offering OJT for most of the Trades just trying to fill the available slots with warm bodies, In the hopes of landing a few "live ones". Mike Rowe is one of the biggest and most vocal crusaders in this endeavor. Go to his website and get some great info. Good luck in whatever path you choose!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 months, 4 weeks ago

What is this trailer for?

I bet it's for oversize loads.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

rofl-1.gif

Posted:  3 months, 4 weeks ago

Turtle, was that you?

Is that you on Road Dog Trucking??

Wow Turtle........... You are really branching out. First it was Turtles Truck Wash.........then Turtles Trucking........now Turtles Radio Show on Road Dog Radio........how DO you find the TIME!!!

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  4 months ago

Interesting article about shipping

Just look at Kalifornia, which is almost $1 per gallon higher than ANYWHERE ELSE in the country - all of this difference is IN TAXES.

Yes ..............but the ROADS and FREEWAYS are PRISTINE!!!

rofl-1.gif

Posted:  4 months ago

Ten Months Driving Experience But Three Years Ago

Kai, I attended Swift Transportation Paid CDL Training in Phoenix, AZ in April of 2016. Worked for them thru February of 2017. Had to leave due to a Family situation. Started back with Swift in January of this year. 2 years out of the seat for me. Went for a 3 day paid Orientation, then 50 hours with a Mentor. Quite a painless process actually. I would recommend that you seriously consider that option. Since I was already familiar with their processes and procedures, it felt like the best option for me. Good luck!

smile.gif

Posted:  4 months ago

My 80 Yr old mom found YouTube truckers!

Now I see their attitude is worse than yours, and i thought you were bad."

That is my favorite! I love your Mom already!

shocked.pngrofl-3.gifrofl-1.gif