Profile For Tractor Man

Tractor Man's Info

Tucson, AZ

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 8 months ago

Tractor Man's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Tractor Man's Photo Gallery

Posted:  7 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

Thanks Tractor Man! It was interesting to look at the stats I could find... and I love making spreadsheets and lists (weird, I know lol)

I make lists, take notes, and use the crap out of my Google calendar and the notification function. Not because I love it. Just due to my advanced age and not being able to remember S#!*

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 hour, 10 minutes ago

It's not my fault I failed

It is so typical of Hobo types to run their mouths, until called out by others ready to kick their a$$. Then they magically shut up and disappear.

Posted:  1 hour, 41 minutes ago

It's not my fault I failed

Did Brett give Hobo the boot? I hear crickets.......

Posted:  1 hour, 55 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Thanks G. I was just poking you with a sharp stick 😁. I thought auto correct kicked in, and I could not figure out the word!

smile.gif

Posted:  2 hours, 8 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Michael I suggest investing some time listening to this podcast:

Hey G, Who the hell is Michael?

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  2 hours, 13 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Bobcat, He is in school at ATI in Virginia Beach.

Posted:  2 hours, 16 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Coffee, In no way should a contract be a deal breaker for you. Just do your research and find the best fit for you. Stick around this site and feel free to read the archives and all of the other goodies. The purpose if TT is to help the rookie driver succeed and thrive in this business.

smile.gif

Posted:  2 hours, 33 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Sorry Bobcat, we must have been replying at the same time.

My reply should have been,"What Bobcat said!"!

smile.gif

Posted:  2 hours, 36 minutes ago

Jim Palmer Regional Company Driver - Thoughts?

Welcome to TT Coffee. All Companies that offer training are going to require a minimum of 1 year in exchange for training you. You should plan on spending at least 1 year with your first Company regardless of a contract or not. There are tons of resources on this site. Btw.....where are you going to school?

Posted:  2 hours, 44 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

JoAnne, you are awesome. Thanks. There used to be a guy on this site that was the "go to" for this type of research and such. Rick S. He was great. I hope all is good with him.

smile.gif

Posted:  4 hours, 50 minutes ago

Rollovers

I-84 earlier this week. Ice warnings on both sides of this curvy shady area. Tractor was nose down in the ditch.

0269745001550956478.jpg

Posted:  5 hours, 8 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

You get a new Title: Considering a Career and Lead Internet Researcher and Information Coordinator at Trucking Truth.

I'll bet you don't have a Title like that at work!

Posted:  5 hours, 34 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

I started w/ Swift and it looks like the most recent (comprehensive) data is from 2006. Does that sound legit???

No. Try this link. or google "FMCSA carrier safety ratings"

It is so hard to search data like this on a phone.

Posted:  6 hours, 16 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

Joanne, Please seriously consider putting together a spreadsheet with this info. I have looked at the FMCSA website and CSR ratings in the past. All of the info is there. And lots of it. I am not a real computer savvy guy. If someone even mentions the WORD spreadsheet in my presence, I kind of get the "deer in the headlights" look on my face. It would be nice to see all of that information condensed and filtered to see the true safety ratings of the "Big Players" in the industry. Crashes, fatalities, inspections, out of service, with an apples to apples comparison. My guess is that Swift would fare quite well. With approxomately 15,000 trucks on the road, and over 2 billion annual miles, of course the numbers would be higher than a 500-1000 truck fleet. But, are the percentages really any higher (or lower), than the industry as a whole. Im sure if you were to email the spreadsheet to Brett he would be happy to format it properly for the site. Along with being an expert in the Trucking industry, he is also quite the computer guru.

Thanks

smile.gif

Posted:  10 hours, 11 minutes ago

Where's the Love for Swift??

JoAnne, This would make a great homework assignment for youas an aspiring driver. All of the safety ratings for Trucking Companies are available online for the whole world to see. Go to the FMCSA website and compile some factual information and post it here on TT. Compare all of the Major Carriers on crashes and fatalities based on number of trucks, number of miles driven, etc. We need percentages. I think the results my be suprising and eye opening to many of us. This is your mission, should you choose to accept it. CAUTION: You will be graded, critiqued, and possibly challenged on your findings.

Are you in???

smile.gif

Posted:  11 hours, 20 minutes ago

W2 information

Copied and pasted from the Interwebs:

Federal law requires all employers to send employees W-2 statements no matter how low earnings or wages are. These W-2 statements can be sent in either paper or digital form and must be received by employees no later than January 31 of the following year. Employers must also file a copy of employee W-2s with the IRS.

I have no idea why a company would not send you one. Maybe ask an accountant. Im sure they deal with this situation regularly.

Posted:  1 day ago

Parking

If you really need to park in the late night to early morning hours when many are packed full, Paid parking at the big chains is always an option. I did it last week. Knew I would be parking in the middle of the night dead tired. Reserved it online with my credit card. $17.00 was a bargain for me. Pulled in at the pumps, went inside, got my spot, backed in. DONE. It is only the second time I have done it, but it can be worth it's weight in gold.

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

What ever happened to Chickie Monster?

The charming type who always causes trouble.

Thanks Rainy, I'll add that to my profile!

smile.gif

Posted:  1 day, 19 hours ago

Another weather delay

You can get one of your Fancy Dancy rooms at the Wildhorse Resort.

The key word in that sentence is YOU not WE

And no.............not married for over 20 years. I haven't saved up near enough money to get divorced again!!!

rofl-1.gif

Posted:  1 day, 20 hours ago

It's not my fault I failed

Im keeping my mouth shut.

Wow....... that's a first. Marking my calendar now.

rofl-1.gif