Profile For Tractor Man

Tractor Man's Info

Tucson, AZ

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 9 months ago

Tractor Man's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Tractor Man's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 2

Posted:  5 hours, 12 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Yes, I believe I am beating a dead horse WITH a dead horse at this point. Time to go to bed.

smile.gif

Posted:  5 hours, 25 minutes ago

Ok CB poll

Western Auto

Packrat, You must be old as dirt like me. I remember Western Auto. Did they get absorbed into one of the big chains, or just go under?

Posted:  5 hours, 30 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Jason..........still waiting for your reply!

Am I being a pain in the ass? Probably.........but you opened this can of worms. If you spent any amount of time on this site, you should have expected these responses. So.......put on your big boy pants and agree to post your weekly settlements. You are a self admitted tech geek, so it will be real easy to do!

confused.gif

Posted:  5 hours, 41 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Lease is the dumbest thing going in the industry ..

Not for the Companies that are Leasing the trucks to unsuspecting dupes! They have not been dubbed "FLEECE PURCHACE" by accident! If it was such a great deal for Drivers, there would not be a Company Truck on the road. Believe me, if the BIG Companies could find a way to do it, EVERY Driver in their fleet would be a Lease Driver.

Posted:  5 hours, 48 minutes ago

Ok CB poll

0009022001553400087.jpg

Compact, inexpensive, works well with built in Freightliner antenna.smile.gif

Posted:  6 hours, 14 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Jason, I hear CRICKETS! Please respond..........we know you are out there in your luxury hotel room!

Posted:  6 hours, 19 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Actually weekly settlements can be very misleading. They don't include all the expenses that a lease/operator has. What you want to see is how much income they report on their income tax return.

That is interesting. I would have thought that the settlement would show Total pay to the TRUCK for the week minus ALL weekly expenses. Lease payment, insurance, fuel etc. With a gross check to his LLC of the remainder, (if there is any), or a negative balance due to Prime ( which I am sure happens more often than people admit) My understanding is that some of these weekly Truck payments alone are north of $1200.00

Posted:  6 hours, 29 minutes ago

Tandem release pins

I have hauled some old rusty POS Swift trailers in the past. NEVER had to beat on the pins. Im with the release the pins and rock the truck crowd on this one. I think you may have hammered the S#*! out of them unnecessarily.

shocked.png

Posted:  6 hours, 38 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Please post your weekly settlements on this site for us to see what we are missing. Seriously.......we want a weekly update.....will you commit to doing that?

Jason, you specifically reied to Rainy, please reply to this specifically.

Posted:  6 hours, 41 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

I really want some Koolade with my popcorn ...........but Jason drank it all!

Posted:  7 hours, 9 minutes ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Posted:  10 hours, 36 minutes ago

Trip plan question

Sometimes it works out well this way. Good miles the first day. Get to your stop, unload/drop. If you get another load that is close, pick it up and you have 5-6 hours of drive time left to get another 300 miles in. Good luck

Posted:  11 hours, 37 minutes ago

Prepass question

I'll bet you a dollar it works! Let us know.

smile.gif

Posted:  11 hours, 40 minutes ago

New Truck

Awesome Congratulations Jamie.dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif I was in the impression that every truck comes with an APU. Both my PSD and TNT trainers trucks have that. Hope in the future when I go solo the truck they assign me will have that.

I believe that it is standard equipment with Prime. Three years ago when I started with Swift, no APU's, refrigerators, or inverters. My new truck has an 1800 watt inverter and a refrigerator. No APU though, still need to idle for A/C. Competition for drivers is pretty fierce right now. Companies are adding these amenities to their trucks to lure drivers. smile.gif

Posted:  12 hours ago

What is the strangest thing you've seen?

I never thought it would be necessary to need a sign like this one...........until I started frequenting Truck Stop bathrooms!

0495036001553377891.jpg

Posted:  12 hours, 37 minutes ago

Trip plan question

Sounds like a good plan. If I can't make it in one shift, I like to be as close as possible to my final, if not on their doorstep. Leaves plenty of time to get unloaded/drop, pick up the next load,and GO!

smile.gifundefined

Posted:  20 hours, 29 minutes ago

Moving while out of hours?

Good luck on your new adventure!

smile.gifgood-luck.gif

Posted:  20 hours, 46 minutes ago

Moving while out of hours?

If you would of stayed gone a few more months, you would of come back to me no longer being at Wolding.

Whoa.............l must have missed that thread. Where are you going and why? You have been a great advocate for Wolding.

Posted:  20 hours, 50 minutes ago

Carrying a Weapon in a CMV

Mee two!!

LOL!!!rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Axle weight question

. I was 13,500 on steers, 30,000 on drives, and 38,000 on spread axle.

Aside from the overweight aspect. You shouldn't be 1,500 over on your steers with only 30,000 on your drives. Do you have a fixed 5th wheel? If it is adjustable, I would start by moving it back at least 3 if not 4 notches. Just my .02