Comments By RedGator

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/misc-images/redgator2.jpg avatar
  • RedGator
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

Duane and Kyle, Goodluck on yall journey's. Looking forward to the updates.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

Right around the 9 month mark is where things smoothed out for me. Its not easy out here at all but I love it. I have very far and few dayd where I get so frustrated I just wanna say f*** it (usually only happens when I break a nail) lol Hang in there. It will be just fine

I feel you I've been away from home for awhile now and am feeling thr pain. I gotta get in the groove and I know the time I do spend home is going to be good.

Just hoping I can last at least a year. Once the money starts stacking up I'll be questioning my motives. I have no bills so it's pretty easy to save.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Don't forget who the customer is!!

Being a reefer driver I do a bunch of waiting. Ive been in places where the shipper/receiver will say "Its going to be awhile" then look up looking for the typical trucker reaction. I just smile and chuckle alittle and say take your time. I have all day if you need. Im usually out of there in an hour. Right now im in MS. Showed up at 3pm for a 6am next day appt. The receiver wants to load me right now bc i was so polite. Attitude does matter.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

I just read your "comeback" thread. Congratulations on the new gig!

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

I am no longer with the company nor am I a trainer.

What company do you train for?

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

I figured id resurface this one. Redgator in rare form lol

Trailer Length

Yup 53' reefer here. I tried one of those pups once. Couldn't back that thing for nothing lol

TMC...Melton....Maverick....Roehl

From what I have read Maverick has the highest paid training. Ive also met quite a few drivers and never heard complaints. I looked into tempered glass way back when but flatbed just isn't my style rofl-3.gif

Hey ya'll;-)

Yeah I would have needed a whole bus to myself! Glad someone was there to help unload my WEL truck and reload my ASL truck too!

Welcome back, RG! Your sage advice head been missing, and the regulars, at least, knew it.

I know there's no way you could take all you're stuff out of a truck and ride Greyhound, at least without a G'hound trailer! ASL saw a jewel and snapped you up!

Hey ya'll;-)

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas:-) Kieran I couldn't explain it even if I tried. Bud I have a screenshot of what I said and it was in no way shape or form derogatory but hey what can I say. Maybe they got tired of me b******* about not making any money. Idk and quite frankly I stopped carind after seeing my paychecks. $923, $936, $1147 $1326 $1497 plus 2 full weeks off in between. Definitely cant complain about my money now! Scott I honestly cant tell ya how to get the 5 star treatment but I can say this. My trainer at WEL went to ASL about 6 months after i left her truck and she had been there bragging on me ever since. My reputation as a good driver is strong. I worked hard at it and building a relationship with everyone I meet. Im a pretty spunky girl so Im easily remembered. Lol Brett Im in a much better place now. No hard feelings. It was definitely time to move on. I was hurt at first but when I realized why it happened I had to laugh. If my job performance is outweighed by my supposed facebook post then hey so be it. I was not liking how i was treated in the end but hey what can you do. Life goes on. PJ glad I could drag you back out. Life sure does get in the way of things sometimes for sure

Hey ya'll;-)

I definitely am much happier now. WEL was a great starter co for me but i got too comfortable and over stayed my welcome. Im in a much better place for this stage in my trucking career.

I guess their skivies got all bunched up. Oh well, you came out smelling better than you went in. Congrats on the new ride.

Hey ya'll;-)

Thanks OS. I must say I thought id get a paragraph from you for sure lol

dancing-banana.gif Congrats! dancing-banana.gif

It's really good to hear from you!

That sounds like a great gig you're on now - glad to hear about your continued success.

Hey ya'll;-)

WEL Companies is a trucking company based out of DePere, WI. Short for Wisconsin Express Lines.

Glad ur bouncing back Who is w e l ???

Mobile WiFi on the road

Ive bought both a Verizon mifi and a Straight talk wireless router straight from Walmart. My Verizon was a contract which i bought out bc i found them to be horrible and their customer service lacks. The ST worked well and its prepaid wifi. Plans range. They all go off the cell network so just like you dont have service everywhere neither is Internet.

Ready for load & HOS issue

Say yes then freeform a message to your DM that says when your 10hr break will be up.

Feeling to unaccomplished

I didnt learn how to back in school until 2 hrs before school was over on the last day of school! I pretty much sucked and was the second worst in my school but hey guess what I passed and got better. I was 4 months solo before i got comfortable backing. Like OS said somedays i laugh at how many pull ups I have to do! Dont worry you will get the hang of it! Remember little movements on the wheel make big movements on the trailer. Your moving 6 to 8 ft of the trailer everytine you go backwards. Take a deep breath and relax. Your not as bad as you think you are i promise!

Hey ya'll;-)

Phew its been ages! I know, I know BAD REDGATOR! But yall know I always resurface sooner or later. Well lets see Whats new with me? I just made 3 years OTR a week ago! I really cant believe its been that long. Man how time flies!!!! Loving every minute of it of course. I'm also not with WEL anymore. After 2 yrs 10 months and one day of service I was fired. YES you heard right I WAS FIRED! I rolled into the yard in DePere after 6 weeks on the road to grab my load headed home for some much needed time off and a female surgery. The retention managers assistant met me at my truck and told me 'I was no longer a good fit for the company" handed me a bus ticket and was like you have an hr to clean out you truck. To say the least I was flabbergasted. I have a clean CSA, Clean MVR, no accidents or incidents and a 2 time Allstar top 50 driver of your co but im no longer a good fit????? Didn't make sense but nobody would even talk to me. Ive heard some things through the grapevine since. Evidently someone told the owner i posted derogatory things on facebook about the company which i did not and that was the cause. Since I had already been talking to several companies back in April/May I called up my top choice America's Service Line out of Green Bay, WI and explained the whole ordeal. Within an hour the recruiter had me booked at a hotel and someone in route to pick me up and help me clean out my truck. They did an unscheduled oreintation on Thur and Fri to get me otr and home for the 6 days I accrued with WEL and in time for my procedure! I now make . 51cpm and am pretty happy here. Ive been here for 2 months now. It took me a few days to get over the shock at first and process everything but you know what everything happens for a reason. I make .7cpm more and hour and dont have to work nearly as hard. Ive been taking home anywhere from $1000-$1400 a week consistently. What more could a girl ask for?! I now drive a freightshaker which isnt really my fav after coming out of a T680 but hey its cozy. Not much else really besides working and making money. Im currently shut down in Oak Creek, WI. Just finished my laundry and dinner. Figured id hop on and say hey. How have yall been?

Please read

To get a CDL. General Knowledge, Air breaks and a road test.

Being a truck driver with a learning disability?

Not sure what your disability is however if it doesnt prevent you from learning the skills you need for this job or passing the test my guess would be no.

BE CAREFUL

I have had several friends get the credit card numbera stolen using them at truck stops. You have to be careful with everything out here as we are easy targets.