Comments By G-Town

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/misc-images/gtown.jpg avatar
  • G-Town
  • 5 years ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Just getting started and already it's bad.

Here comes BLUNT...

Kerry...has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe your attitude needs some adjusting? WTF would you bad mouth the only company willing to give you a chance?

It’s not TransAm Man, it’s you! We’ve seen drivers be successful there. Get on with it...be a driver for them, you’ll rise to the top if you make an effort and apply yourself.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Hi Rainy. Headed to the Lumberton NJ store in about 30 min. Will need to take my 30 minute break there.... photo op!

Posted:  1 month ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

This has only happened once...

I delivered to the Cambridge MD store. My sister and brother in law were on a short vacation on the Eastern Shote if Maryland.

The brought me dinner on my 30 minute break. Lump crab soup. A real treat!

0768631001597842849.jpg

Posted:  1 month ago

Words of Inspiration...

Posted:  1 month ago

Electronic Log and 34 Hour Reset

Tim wrote:

G. I'm not looking to help anyone.

I know. It’s obvious.

The whole point of Trucking Truth is to help people get a solid start in this business and survive the difficulties of their first year. That is why the majority of us invest a portion of their free time contributing content and advice. You my friend are one of the very few with experience who has no interest in that.

If that’s not for you...fine. And as far as how I conduct myself on here? Your opinions on my comments and reactions are irrelevant.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Start Date July 13

Congratulations!!!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Raider Express Update Pt 2

$70,000 income for year one is highly unlikely. The steep learning curve and numerous rookie mistakes will limit income the first year.

40-45k is a reasonable expectation.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

CDL training in Virginia - specifically near Richmond.

PackRat prompts G...

Have you talked with a Swift recruiter?

Long-time Moderator G-Town drives there, and went through training in Richmond.

True statement. I highly recommend Swift Academy in Richmond VA.

I suggest taking a look at this link so you can develop an understanding of the Paid CDL Training Programs available in the industry. Swift’s program is included in the link.

Good luck!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

What is your trucking pet peeve?

Drivers who encroach on someone backing. Give them space and turn your headlights off at night. Common sense and professional courtesy.

The other one...taking the 30 min. break in the fuel line. Very annoying.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Interesting conversation with a driver

Here's another way trucking has turned for the worst. Back when I was driving,we were all drivers. Even the guy driving the straight truck delivering Borden milk or Pepsi to the local grocery store.

The guy Rob was “entertaining?”

I’d still believe he is the exception, the loud and obnoxious minority who give all of us a bad rap. I’ve met some truly remarkable and positive people out here...

Just look at the regulars on here..,

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Prime Inc Lawsuit

The lawyers are the winners here. Not the drivers.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Rob's training Cascadia is easily recognized. It's the one with the off road tires, manual locking front hubs, and winch on the front.

If not, it should be.

smile.gif

rofl-1.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Electronic Log and 34 Hour Reset

Tim wrote:

Okay G. You want "goofy " crap? Here you go. No I don't find it goofy I can't lie. I don't care. I retired . Remember? The 34 hour reset. It said its "voluntary",why even bring it up. ELDs . I love this one. It said,"with old paper logs,drivers would have to round up to 15 minutes". What? I never rounded up to anything. I'd lie like a dog. Every driver I knew was like me. We ran actual and a dummy log. Maybe company drivers didn't . I don't know. I was O/O. I had bills to pay. Hell it even said something about ELDs keeping track of when your engine is running. WTF! I would've been screwed if ELDs were around back then. I kept engine running so I could keep the A/C or heat going. We may not understand each other . We come from 2 different time periods. I started driving in '70 a couple months after I got back from Nam. I got a job with pops friend. He was leased to Paul Arpin Van Lines. I was basically his lumper. I gradually got into the drivers seat. Ford cabover with a 5x4 (how many people today remember those). We're just from 2 different graduating classes.The only thing that still applies now as back then,keep the wheels spinning and the Beavers grinning. Deliver the freight in a safe and timely fashion . Okay G. Is that what you want to hear?

I asked you to basically quantify your assessment. How is that a problem?

And Rainy...there was nothing un-nice about my request.

Tim using one word to describe your opinion on e-logs doesn’t help anyone. Thank you for providing the meat...and do not assume I am trying to be contentious.

Thanks for the spelling lesson...your 10 posts to my 8000+, I’m entitled to an occasional type-o.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Looking for advice

Good for you Mike! Best wishes for success as you pursue your career.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Sitting Pain

I concur with OS on that. I also sit a bit lower...works for me.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Prime Flatbed; Springfield, Missouri; Spring 2020

Rob was that you I passed on NB I-81 last Tuesday afternoon? Around mile marker 100-102?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Electronic Log and 34 Hour Reset

You missed my point Tim...

What is it about

Learn The Logbook Rules (HOS)

...

that you find “Goody”?

That you can’t lie? Etc.?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Electronic Log and 34 Hour Reset

To think I used to hate the ICC. They may as well still be around. This sounds like goofy crap they'd come up with. Thanks Drivers.

Define Goofy.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Ever feel like you just can't win

Mike B wrote:

After a weekend of trailer chasing in ga I get assigned to a trailer in repair yard in College park ga heading to Huntsville. I shut down at the flying j in temple. When I do my pretrip I swear only one of these problems is there from my eye. It is possible I missed one or two things but I do fairly 30 minute trip around the trailer. Im in a podunk town in Bama and I stop for a potty break and I find these.

My suggestion is to slow-down, focus more attention on your tires. Use your hand and flashlight, look over all of them carefully. Take your time.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Anyone have birds hit their windshield?