Profile For ∆_Danielsahn_∆

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Info

Niagara Falls , NY

Experienced Driver

3 years, 1 month ago

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 3

Posted:  3 days, 2 hours ago

Professionalism

Here’s a pet peeve of mine. And I know everyone’s different. If you show up to a shipper or receiver, why don’t you try and look like you are ready to work? What ever happened to looking capable, competent and professional? Take pride in your appearance at least a little and maybe if we did that the trucking industry wouldn’t be so looked down upon.

1,532,712 thumbs up!

Some of the drivers I see, it's crazy that they don't take more pride in their appearance. It's like they stopped caring, and it is sad to see.

Posted:  3 days, 13 hours ago

Taking a shower on the road

Also, about the original poster of this topic, how do we know that's her real photo? Maybe she cut that picture out of a magazine??????

It is her real photo.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Giving notice

Drop the truck off and ride Greyhound home for a few bucks. Get your surgery and recover, then go to work wherever you want.

I was going to be quiet and not speak my mind, since I'm the new guy here, but what the hell. Might as well say what I am thinking, because I can't be the only one.

I notice you didn't answer the question about Maverick's guarantee. The only way you could not be making money there was if you were not available to work.

Then i got a low paycheck before Thanksgiving and I took a few days off for the thanksgiving holiday and got real sick for two days when I was supposed to return. Ok so I expected the check for that week to be horrible but then when I came back they were unable to get me a load for another two days and when they did the appointment times changed from Friday to Monday for pickup which ruined any chance of working over the weekend. So the next check was horrible.

So, what exactly happened after Thanksgiving? Why was the paycheck low before Thanksgiving? Where you available to work, and didn't refuse any loads? If so, the check should have been $1,000.

Then after Thanksgiving, you were sick. I used to have guys call in every Monday, saying they were sick. When I told them they better have a doctor's note or they wouldn't have a job, they magically got better. A hangover is not sick. I worked every day, no matter what, unless I was so sick I was put on bed rest. Which happened. I worked sick so long, it turned to pneumonia. I told the doctor if I don't work, I don't get paid. he said you can work, but you will die. So, I took off a week.

So the next check was horrible. When I got notification of how low it was I called and was really upset to find out their explanation. While I was in my downtime I looked for another job. And knowing I need the surgery I want to get it done prior to going to a new place as it’s been getting much worse lately. While I was talking to them very upset I asked about short term disability and was told I would not be paid at all till I was out 30 or more days. And there policy is to reassign trucks inactive for 14 days. While asking the questions they basically told me that because I was upset and not happy with there policies they accepted my resignation effective immediately and my surgical consult was set for two days after that notice. So I’m thinking of going to the hospital while I’m still covered.

So, things weren't going your way, and you started yelling, threatening, what? And then they cut the cord and fired you.

I don't know you from Adam, but this whole topic tells me that you might as well let them come recover the truck, because you don't want to work anyway, so it won't matter what they put on your DAC. If you did, you would at least be earning the guarantee. If you REALLY wanted to work, you would be earning more than the guarantee. You may go to the second company, and you won't be making enough there, either. So you will go to more and more companies, until you are unable to get anyone to hire you.

When I first heard they offered a guarantee, my first thought was people would apply just to earn the $50K/yr, and not be motivated to do more. People here set me straight, that if you consistently earned just the guarantee, you wouldn't last anyway. Which made me realize if they are willing to guarantee $50K, they know you can make more than that if you want to work, otherwise they wouldn't offer it.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

I may not make it in this industry myself, one never knows. But if not, it will never be said I didn't try my best, or that I didn't want to work.

TCD might not offer the guarantee.

It does not matter what their policy is about picking up the truck. You still would be quitting. They would then be in their legal right to "recoup those losses" any way they see fit. But if you are straight up front with them something may be worked out. How would you honestly feel if someone did that to you? If you let me use your car, and I took it home 600 miles away, and for whatever reason, you had to come get it yourself. How would you honestly feel?

Talk to them, they may even help you with a ride home, to get your procedure. Thereby keeping the truck at the terminal.

Posted:  4 days, 15 hours ago

Giving notice

You take the truck home, and then quit after the truck is recovered. Regardless, they can still put an abandonment on your DAC. There is not a lawyer who will touch that. The company has a reasonable expectation for you to come back and drive, thus compensating for their costs to retrieve the truck. By not doing so, you cost them time and money. Even if they don't, any future company will talk to them, hurting your chances with the new company.

Aside from all that, I hope your health situation gets better.

Posted:  5 days, 2 hours ago

Giving notice

Honestly I want to do the right thing which in my head is return the truck to them on my own. However knowing they will simply pick up the truck while in recovering from surgery as it is their policy would save me a few hundred dollars in travel expenses getting home from what ever terminal they say as the closest terminal is about 600 miles away.

Honestly, I wish they would have told us prior to hire if we leave the company our medical insurance expires at midnight last day of work.

You will most likely get an abandonedment added to your DAC. Is saving a few hundred $$$ worth ruining your career?

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

Taking a shower on the road

Lol that person (RV) thought she knew it all, moreso than Brett. She started a FB group with the TT name. She went to Prime but never got her CDL.. one medical issue after another. Found a boyfriend who was a lease operator for prime and professed her undying love for him, rode on the truck with him for a few weeks, broke up with him (or rather he ditched her), went home married some other guy (another driver) and never got her CDL either.

Guys, be wary of females like this. They're out there. Dressing like floosies and trying to latch onto pretty good any male driver who's willing. Some may actually get a CDL, they'll look desperately for a male driver to "team" with because they cannot or have no desire to actually pull their own weight. It's the disgusting side of female "drivers" that fortunately doesn't represent most professional female drivers.

She got her CDL. Drove for a little while, with said BF. She is now happily married, (not with said BF). She runs hot shot loads now.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Adventures in Stupidity

Cold, freezing weather can cause the jaws to foul.

To prevent high-hooking (what Keith described), undercutting or over-riding of the kingpin, GOAL before getting all the way under the trailer. The lower lip of the trailer should be touching the wings of the fifth wheel. Takes 30 seconds, it’s part of my routine every time I couple-up.

As seen here:

0024748001543936147.jpg

Then perform exact same checks Big Scott described. Details...

Ummmmmmm, lol confused.gif

Hey sorry ‘bout that...wrong image. Actually a photo of a trailer sitting too high to couple safely, roughly 2.5”. Supports the premise of GOAL before getting completely under the trailer.

Had me scared there for a second!

rofl-3.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Odd question

This is something I have never really thought about, and never really paid attention to. I can say, that in some cases, I definitely cut through, because to walk around would be a potential biohazard excursion, or the beware of crocodile signs. Or the Bull staring me down with nothing but 3 very thin wires separating us.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Unsafe backing and Leaving truck and load at Terminal

Quitting while under a load is very similar to abandonment. It doesn't matter that you secured the load, etc. If your dispatcher is being that confrontational, call safety, and go "over their head" to get your issue resolved.

Yes, you returned the truck to a terminal, and seemingly did what was right. But you were under a load, and your company had to either shuffle drivers to complete that load, and possibly pay a fine for late delivery. Both costing the company money. It does make a small difference that you turned everything in at the terminal, but you will be hard pressed to find a company that will take you. If someone does, own your mistake. There were things that you could have done to fix things, but your inexperience and frustrations clouded your thinking.

Let this be a learning experience.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Saw this today

This might help you a little, too. While technically legal to drive with my trailer tire like this, my employer had me get a new tire. There was still plenty of tread depth, even with the damage to the tire. Chunks can be missing from tires, and still be road worthy.

0213125001543097457.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving...

I will be sonewhere between Auburndale, FL, and Lebanon, TN. It mainly depends on where I decide to stop. confused.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Denied Medical Cert.

235 is dangerously high. 140 non fasting is the upper limit. Go to your Doc and get it taken care of.

Good luck.

Definitely dangerous. And with sugar that high, you probably just got introduced to the Diabetes way of life. For anyone non diabetic, average is 90 to 110. Most Dr's want to see a diabetic between 90 and 120. To qualify for a 1 year card your a1c needs to be 8.5 or below, which is an average of 190 or lower. Why so high? Because for a diabetic, even when we have our diabetes under control, we tend to experience way more fluctuations than a non diabetic. It can be a struggle out here, sometimes. Just a few minutes ago, my fasting sugar was 173, but I also forgot to take my night time meds. I was exhausted and crashed within a few minutes of verifying my logs. It's no excuse though. On the other hand, I have never been healthier, overall, because I am watching how I eat, and getting good exercise, a lot more than I did when I was a chef.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Great things happening at CFI.

What are you waiting for?

What he said 😁

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

I am now a finisher with CFI!

Any new driver will be lucky to have you. Congrats!

Posted:  1 month ago

Without dispatcher stress how to be an independent driver. Where should I start with. Need advice.

Oops my bad, I did my math wrong above, where is that calculator when you need it. You would have to drive about 75,000 miles at $2.00 per mile to cover costs. My bad, I'll go stand in the corner.

What costs does that cover?

In average, it costs around $1.90 per mile to run a truck. That is the base that a lot of o/o will tell you to start from.

Yes, but the question is what all does that cover? Fuel? Maintenance? Insurance? Driver?

Yes. Those are just a few of the costs.

Posted:  1 month ago

What costs does that cover?

Posted:  1 month ago

Boyd Brothers?

A lot of Boyd drivers are jumping ship, recently, from what I have been seeing. I talked to a few former drivers who work for my company's "Big brother" company. Take this with a grain of salt, though.

I'm glad Danielsahn qualified that statement about "jumping ship" with his "grain of salt remark." You can make that statement about almost any trucking company, and it still wouldn't mean anything. Truck drivers jump ship all the time. Usually for the dumbest reasons imaginable. In fact, Danielsahn jumped ship from two different companies in less than six months, and he would still tell you that both of those companies treated him right. So, you feel confident in your employment with Boyd Brothers. They've got a long standing reputation as a great flat-bed company. I see their drivers at many of the places I go, and I've yet to meet one that wasn't willing to help his fellow drivers.

Touche 🙂

Every driver has their own reasons for what they do. Some leave burnt bridges in their wake. Some go through life events that influence the changes. Some are striving towards a specific goal, and go when opportunity presents itself.

I realized a few months after I left Swift, that I could have stayed, saving me $$$ from paying off my loan. (the situation temporarily changed) In fact, you could argue that my first 6 weeks at Hummer were "free" making back the money I paid off my loan to Swift. However, it was my experiences at both companies, and the way they operate, that prepared me for this job. Both Hummer's were unable to work with my new home location in Michigan. Swift would have been. There is a lesson in all of this, too. I think it was old school who said said it, annnnnd I forgot the "quote"

Anyhoo, Old School is right on the money, as usual.

Posted:  1 month ago

Boyd Brothers?

Give EW Wylie a call. They are also a Daseke company, and a really good one.

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

42,000lb Caterpillar track

OMG! I can't believe that one track weighs that much. Wow.

That's what I thought too!

Posted:  1 month ago

Flatbed Variety

So far, I love the diversity of the stuff I am hauling.

42,000lb Caterpillar track