Profile For ∆_Danielsahn_∆

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Info

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Bio

I drive flatbed for E.W. Wylie, a Daseke Company, based out of West Fargo, ND

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 6

Posted:  2 months ago

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

With a car inches from my bumper, on a steep enough hill, I will always finesse the pedal as I release the clutch. On flat ground, I just let the truck go.

The proper way to shift is double clutching, but how many actually double clutch every single time? Sometimes I only clutch to slip it out of gear, then float it into gear. Sometimes I just float it, with no clutch. Sometimes I will double clutch. Like I said, it is situational. No one can say they did /do it textbook, every single time.

I have done it both ways, and stalled it both ways. For me, I guess it depends on the particular situation. Right or wrong, I will continue to do it both ways

Well, for people who care about driving the truck properly and not tearing up any equipment there's clearly a right way and a wrong way to do it. It doesn't depend on the situation. It depends on the skill of the driver and the understanding they have for how to operate machinery properly. You really should attempt to operate the equipment properly. It's not very hard.

Posted:  2 months ago

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Prime sues Prime

I have a friend who drives for USA Truck. They were trying to recruit him to run "Amazon Dedicated," but he likes his GP dedicated gig, too much.

At first, it did seem like it was mainly o/o who were pulling the Bezos Buckets, but those rates are steadily dropping, to the point where the bigger companies can do it for less.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

70 Hour Logbook Recaps explained with pictures.

I am at the Smithton Flying Pilot. Technically, my delivery is in West Mifflin. Who knows, we may cross paths.

I currently have 2h21m on my 70, I get 9h27m back to deliver tomorrow 22 miles away, in Pittsburgh. My preplan will then get me to my next destination, with a reset built into my routing. I might be able to deliver Monday, and keep recapping. But we shall see. My recap hours are OK, but I had a Murphy's Law week, with load shift, trailer issues, and a few other issues.

0668062001562259246.jpg

I’m parked outside Sysco in Harmony PA now.

Pick up tomorrow in Pittsburgh after I deliver here

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Sorry everyone

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

70 Hour Logbook Recaps explained with pictures.

0668062001562259246.jpg

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

What have you learned from Trucking Truth?

Stay off parkways, what to have handy in the truck, not to give up.

Parkways! I love Parkways. So little truck traffic.

rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

I am only 12ft, soooooooooo, I might have to try one of them parkways out.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift walmart dedicated out of Grandview

To elaborate on what Danielsahn wrote:

You will have anywhere from 1 stop (occasionally) to 5-stops and anything in-between. The last stop is often a vendor backhaul. Reefers are always live-unload (about 35-45 minutes per stop), dry is live unload, frequently last stop is drop & hook.

So obviously I'm gonna mostly be at Walmart docks, but for backhauls, would i be stopping at another company's docks? Also do Walmart's let you sleep in their lots usually? Either way thank you! I'll update you when it comes time for me to upgrade

And thanks all!

Americold, water bottling plants, dairy warehouses, egg farms, and the like, for your backhauls. You will sometimes run to other DC's.

Most Walmart and Sam's clubs will let you park there, because you are a Walmart Contractor, pulling Walmart property.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

What have you learned from Trucking Truth?

Not a dang thing!!!

shocked.pngshocked.pngshocked.png

Just, kidding. To be honest, I don't even know where to begin. But I think the most important thing, is clock management. Seeing the examples by Old School, Rainy, and Turtle, to name a few, helped me to see where I can manipulate the clock to work with my appt times.

A lot of my success is due to the many guys and gals, that make up the TT family.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift walmart dedicated out of Grandview

G. O. A. L - G. O. A. L - G. O. A. L

Take as many pull ups as you need, whether it's 1 or 1,000.

Never let yourself be rushed, by your own self, and by other people. Take your time.

Watch your space, in the lots and on the streets.

It doesn't matter if it's NE, SE, SW or whatever region. Every Walmart and Sam's Club has it's own personality. As you progress in the account, you will gain confidence.

And welcome to TT

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Congress Introduces 65 MPH Speed Limiter For Trucks

I did stop all that Brett. I went to one specific question which nobody wants to answer and has been posed by not only myself. Besides, since when is it up to opposition to prove the counter point? Several experts in a dozen states have already proven the danger of split speed limits but that's been ignored and the group pushing the legislation has provided no reports or statistics to back their claim.

Thank you for once again continuing to argue in circles without making a point. You just proved my point exactly.

Answer the question

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Game: What Excites You Now That You Drive?

2$ for 4 minutes, at the few that I have used. Not sure if that is a universal price. I haven't paid for the longer options, yet. But I will.

I have never tried one of those massage chairs, Danielsahn.

How much $$$ for a “sit”?

I see those at the Petros and the TA's... might have to try that out where these days.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Game: What Excites You Now That You Drive?

A long hot shower. And I do mean long and I do mean hot!!!

CLEAN SHOWERS!!!

and those massage chairs. I need one for my house.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

This Was A Pain In The Booty

When I was with Hummer, I delivered to a business that normally only took box trucks. The road started at about the "U." my truck actually went a foot or two into the driveway across the street from the dock.

0453033001561498323.jpg

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Variety

Yes, it is. I want to see the machine they put it in.

Is that an enormous radiator over your tandems?

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Variety

Posted wrong one, here is the full picture 0434690001561166488.jpg

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Flatbed Variety

My latest load. This one makes my brain cringe everytime I turn left,

0470905001561166304.jpg

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

While Waiting For Next Load

In the event I don't already have a preplan, I use trucker Path to find the nearest truck parking, or ask the place where I am at, is a close place. There have been a few instances where I went in the opposite direction, but those miles were added into my dispatch. They understand that happens sometimes, and make sure we don't have any dead miles.

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

Why you should post trip AND pre trip

R E P L A C E

Missing rubber aside, it doesn't even look legal minimum depth. Do you have a depth guage?

Speaking of tire issues I noticed this today after I had to unhook while being loaded, what yall think ok or replace? It's a rear axle inside drive tire btw.

0559782001560887637.jpg

You use a tread depth gauge on tread... That's the casing... That's what they put the tread on... Lol yes... Replace... Really quickly.

Lol, I know what it's for, and I was talking about the tread, as well.

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

Why Small Trucking Companies Are Often A Disaster Waiting To Happen - article by Brett Aquila

Really made good article

Rainy said...

This is a smaller company with 340 trucks

Now I know that compared to the mega carriers 340 trucks may be a "small" company, but anything 100+ is pretty big. My company has about 350 units, and I must admit, it is far easier getting things fixed, etc, than it was at Swift. Granted, we are part of a bigger family of companies, but we operate mostly autonomously.

I know that I have asked this before, but at what number does the term "mega" enter in to the term?