Profile For ∆_Danielsahn_∆

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Info

Niagara Falls , NY

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 10 months ago

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Bio

sometimes, it can get lonely on the road, and I enjoy talking with new people, helping it be a little less lonely. I am always reachable via email, at danielsmarkey@gmail.com. Or you can call or text me at 716-479-2641. I may not answer at first but leave a message.

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 3

Posted:  5 days, 16 hours ago

Insulin Diabetes Rule Change! (BEST NEWS EVER for me!)

That is great! I am type 2.

I find it crazy that us diabetics can only get a 1 year card, when someone in far worse overall health than we are can get a 2 year card. I listened as a driver, who was grossly overweight, could barely walk, and smoked, mention he got his 2 year card. It doesn't make sense to me.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Knight-Swift merged but still different?

The Bass Pro Shops analogy is pretty much spot on. Basically, the corporations merged into a single corporate entity (Swift-Knight holdings I believe but don't quote me on that), but the two companies are still being run as separate operations. The biggest change was that Kevin Knight now runs both. But we don't use Knight equipment or facilities as Swift drivers.

Is it safe to say as a Swift driver you feel like you work for them and not a new merged company? What I am getting at is... Example, say on the website I like Swifts policy on home time or something, now I join and find out the merge changed this policy and it is now under Knight or vice versa. So I can work for Knight or Swift and it will fell like two different company's, different Trucks, Pay, Policys, Training, Terminals etc? Just because on "Trucking Truths company reviews" and other things I have heard makes one company my 1st choice and the other my 2nd choice. Just want to make sure the merge doesn't change these things.

You don't have to worry about that at all. They are two separate companies under 1 umbrella. Abilene, Bar Nunn, and a couple other companies are under the knight umbrella, too.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

I'm bored and homeless in Pittston PA

::::rubs hands together and soeakd in witch voice:::: He he he my pretties....so close to so many... who should i cook up... i mean meet first???

smile.gif

Picking up in Mechanicsburg, then out of here!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Can't seem to catch a break

one guy yelled at me "You have wasted 10 mins of my time, when did you get your license?"

my response "YESTERDAY! Now stay the hell away!" lol

you're doing better than half the rookoes so stick with it.

I had a similar incident. My response, was "You mean you need a license to drive these things.???"

The best part is, the guy took longer than I did to park.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Trucks MPH and Money.

We are governed at 68. But I usually cruise along at 63 to 65 mph. The extra speed is nice, when I need to pass rainy and her prime minions.

You will find, that a lot of times, the same truck will pass you several times. Meanwhile you are cruising along, enjoying the sites, relaxed, and in control. There is a fuel savings /cost equation in that scenario too.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

I'm bored and homeless in Pittston PA

I am down in East Berlin, PA. About 3hrs south. Give or take.

Glad everything went well. Hope they give you a shiny new truck with 300 miles on it. smile.gif

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Trying to game in my truck!!!

Hey y'all so im trying to game online in my truck i have every thing set up but my playstation keeps cutting off while im playing it will run netflix no problem its hooked up to a 300w power inverter. Any tips on how to fix my problem?

Get an xboxsmile.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Learned a valuable lesson today

Our trucks can only be locked with a key from the outside. However, I have a spare key that stays in my pocket. Some people wear one around their neck at all times.

My new truck is like that, it is nice. But now I sometimes forget to lock the door! Oops!

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Learned a valuable lesson today

I have done it, too. And many more after is will, too, lol.

Just remember, that because it common, an unscrupulous person can open your hood, grab key, and raid your truck. There are many places to zip tie a spare key, that isn't the common spot.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Advice needed to start this career

It wasn't a good fit for me. I just didn't enjoy the work. Now it was class B work, so that's all I have to go on. It could be a completely different story on this side of the fence.

Class B reefer is a world apart from class A reefer. Keep in mind, you will never touch the freight, unless to check securement, or you work for McLane or similar delivery type company. Reefer has the longest average length of haul, over any other trailer type. You might sit for more live load/unloads, but you will be driving more. I prefer reefer, but I don't mind dry van. My company pulls dry van, and reefer, and my longest runs have always been reefer. I also don't mind sitting for the live load/unload. It allows me to review my routing more thoroughly, while I wait.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Looking back

rofl-1.gif

thats awesome lol

can you believe a year has passed? it just goes to show you, that first year flies by and people fight it into.making it a much bigger deal than it is.

good job!!!!

Another bit of irony. Of all the moderators, during my "overly opinionated phase," I lashed out against you the most. And you, have had the biggest impact, on how I handle this truck driving thing. Your example has been followed. I am still rather opinionated though. 😁

Old School, Gtown, Errol, Susan, Fire breath, and I suppose, Brett(😉). You all did the most, in getting me prepared, and being patient with me. Big Scott, and Patrick also had helpful advice.

My only complaint about this site, is that it doesn't reach more people than it does.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

20 Signs You Might Be A Serious Truck Driver

Yes, My hands free is my 3rd ear. As for the rest, I guess I will be happy as a fake trucker.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Looking back

I’m thrilled you are happy with your choices. That makes all the difference in the world. We all have things happen in life that changes our direction at times, whether it’s within our control or not. That’s life, it is bound to happen. The question is how we choose to handle it. Stay safe

Thank you.

The funny part, is that as soon as I got done posting this, 5 minutes later, I got a message, introducing me to my new FM. My old FM went on vacation, and apparently, my substitute FM, decided she didn't want to give me back!

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Looking back

1 year ago today, I was sitting at a desk, starting my driving adventure at C1 Academy . I just read through my journal, and I am amazed at how fast this time has gone. Swift was amazing, the people, the account, and the support I had were second to none. The equipment, was another story, but they did their best to keep me running. Experiencing my first winter in the NE was crazy, and it has given me confidence going into this next fall/winter season.

Life issues happened, and I found myself leaving Swift, for Don Hummer Trucking. I could not be happier. The information and support I had here, helped me become one of the top drivers on my fleet managers board. I love this lifestyle, and look forward to to many more years of driving.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Prime training/company pay vs Veriha training/company pay?

Oops, pressed submit instead of preview.... The basics, are similar to Stevens Transport, as you will see all 4 major regions before you are finished. However, you will be with a trainer for 2 weeks (run solo) then on your own for 2 weeks, in each region. The times might differ, but that is pretty close.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Prime training/company pay vs Veriha training/company pay?

You do realize we had a holiday last week right? and they probably dont work on weekends. so you applied wednesday which probably didnt get assigned a recruiter until thursday or friday and the background check wouldnt be done. But here it is saturday and you are complaining?

I dont know.why you assume mega carriers arent picky. Prime is one of the more selective companies and we often see posts of rejection here, usually for work history or medical issues.

Call them monday or tues. But dont rest your hopes on one company. You might get an offer from a company you never considered and find it is awesome.

Oh i guess thats true (holidays dont exist for me at my current job so I tend to forget the minor holidays).

Anyways Im used to the mega's calling me within 10 minutes of putting in an application. Prime has been the only company willing so far to work with me at this point....

Everyone else Ive called has been a flat out NO shortly after speaking to the recruiter. The thing is theres only what,...like 15 companies with cdl training? of those a handful hire texas residents only, and the other handful are limited to another area, or their cdl tuition programs are wonky as heck. Prime seems so far, aside from the fact they are willing to work with me, they seem so far to be the only ones listed on TT that have a thorough training program, the kind of pay im looking for/need, and the overall generally favorable reviews both here on TT and elsewhere.

Its not that Im resting my hopes on one company, its that of the ones with cdl training, they are the only ones to have said yes so far to prehire. I know a prehire doesnt mean much really, but its better then being told No to a prehire.

local cdl school is out of the question for me, hence im stuck with choosing from the megas. If there are other companies that have cdl school, is there a list somewhere I can look and see bc TT only has 15 or so listed.

Where do you live? My company sponsors students at 1 of 3 community College programs in Iowa. As for how our program actually works? I have limited knowledge, since I trained through Swift.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Prime training/company pay vs Veriha training/company pay?

From what I have read about Veriha, you would be lucky to have them accept you, and I wish they were hiring from my area, because they would definitely be high on my list.

Veriha does hire from our area. They were on my list of 5 that I applied to. They said yes, to me, but after I already started in school, with Swift. Give them a call.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

When should I start to shop for a company?

As Soon as you have updated your license, start the process. Most companies will try to get you started asap. Give them a "I want to wait a month or two" response, and they will move onto the next person, who wants to start now. They won't forget you, but you will not be a priority.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Equipment

If my company gave me a choice between freightliner, or international. I will take the international in a heartbeat. Ours has the Cummins x15. The ride is so much smoother. My company won't buy freightliners, either. I personally don't care if the international eventually becomes a money pit, because I don't have to pay for it. It is a great, smooth ride, and a very comfy home away from home. I hated every day that I was in the freightliner.

However, with that being said, due to the aforementioned maintenance issues, we are replacing our internationals with new 2019 KWs, and Petes. Pete, KW, and Volvo will be our fleet.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Equipment

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what make and model of semi is the best in terms of comfort, controls, durability, and longevity. I was wandering around YouTube and heard a guy claim that freightliners breakdown more often than Pete's or is because their built with less sturdy construction . Not trying to start WW3 just wanting a general consensus. When I was working the truck gate, the Pete's and kws and occasionally a Volvo would catch my eye as an impressive looking truck but I'm not going for looks. The two companies I'm considering use Pete's, freightliners, and internationals.

Trucks ranked from best to worst that I have driven:

1. Kenworths 2. Peterbilts (Close 2nd) 3. Volvo’s 4. Freightliners aka Freightshakers 5. Internationals aka Intertrashionals (distant last)

I will take an International over a Freight shaker any day. My current truck purrs like a mountain lion. And my teeth don't rattle, going down the road.