Profile For ∆_Danielsahn_∆

Niagara Falls , NY

Experienced Driver

3 years, 3 months ago

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Bio

I drive flatbed for E.W. Wylie, a Daseke Company, based out of West Fargo, ND

Other Daseke companies are:

Smokey Point Distributing- Grady Randolph- Central Oregon Truck Company- Lone Star Transportation- Bulldog Hiway Express- Hornady Transportation- Boyd Bros. Transportation- WTI Transport- The Schilli Companies- Big Freight Systems- The Steelman Companies- The Roadmaster Group- TSH & Co. (Tennessee Steel Haulers)- Moore Freight Service, Inc.

∆_Danielsahn_∆'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 3

Posted:  9 minutes ago

I made the grade today!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Congratulations!

Check out Gypsum Express, they are a flatbed company that has its HQ in Baldwinsville, NY. They have a dry van fleet and also pull double flats, too.

Posted:  1 day, 10 hours ago

MAJOR Changes with me but definitely for the better.....:

dancing-dog.gifdancing.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 day, 22 hours ago

Cypress Truck Lines

I have spoken with a few of their drivers, and they seemed happy there.

Posted:  2 days, 10 hours ago

Uh Oh, the lock broke... LoL moment

False imprisonment. Kidnapping. Hostage taking. I watch law and order. i could come up with some threatening charges.

Im glad im not the only one this stupid stuff happens to. lol

Isn't that how people wind up in your dungeon? smile.gif

I went into the wrong bathroom at a Love's. You always find that one Love's out of a 100 that has things in reverse. The lady behind me, stated "it's a good thing you don't identify as one of us, because honey, you would make a terrible woman!"

Posted:  3 days, 7 hours ago

Tough getting used to automatic

I hate backing in it. no control whatsoever! but i hate change....so my issue.

Hahaha.. I totally agree. I started in an auto. I was put in a manual, upon coming here. While I do miss certain aspects of the auto shift, I can say, with certainty, that I LOVE the control I have, while backing, vs the auto.

I drove an International, Volvo, and freightliner auto. I liked the Volvo the best, by a fair margin. The international was harder to Feather in, and I got a lot of forward drift while easing it back. The freightliner LOVED to lunge, and I slammed a fee docks harder than I intended, as a result.

Posted:  5 days, 6 hours ago

Music Time...

I don't use my truck radio at all. I use my Bluetooth headset and listen to my Slacker Radio (similar to Pandora). I have built my Playlist since Slacker started, in 2007. It definitely reflects my evolving music interests, over the years. I also listen to Audio Books.

I have found, that using the truck system is far more distracting, to me. Listening in 1 ear, and the other ear open to a "quiet" truck is much safer, for me. Certain "bad" noises can be smothered under the radio sounds in the cab, and you might not notice until there is a "catastrophic" failure. I spend 80% of my driving, in total silence.

Posted:  6 days, 21 hours ago

We Had A Major Truck Accident

Speedy recovery for you and your co driver!

Posted:  1 week ago

Detention - A problem still in search of a solution

My company requires we log everything. If that means we took 5hrs to secure a load, our logs better show that 5hrs. If I need to put in a 30min break while unloading or securing, I better be on break, and not messing with the load. Any injury that happens while logged off duty, yet working on the load will disqualify us from workers comp. They don't care about the 14 or 70, or having to reset, they want us 100% compliant and 100% safe.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

NEMF Files Bankruptcy, Shutting Down

Valid point about NEMF, but it makes me wonder....

What happened to "old prime" that there is a "new prime?" why did Swift merge with Knight? Why did Celedon sell off it's flatbed division, and part ways with Quality?

No company is safe, No one is too big, or small, to fail.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Flatbed Variety

My current load. A short 2 stop load up into West Virginia.

Cute little guys.

0980473001549934373.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

No air bag dump on my new Freightliner

I loved my kingpin release! I don't have one on this truck, however....

I have a switch that over inflates the airbags. I am assuming that I would use it to lift my trailer if I get stuck on a hump in a parking lot, etc. We have low profile step decks and rgn that are inches off the ground.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

I was "promoted"

And just think...we knew him when he was just a young pup.

Congratulations Danielsahn!

LMAO! Good one G-town!

I am still a young pup, compared to a lot of you! smile.gif

Thank you everyone.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

I was "promoted"

A few of you are aware of my flatbed journey, thus far. I will try to keep the back story short and sweet, for the rest of y'all.

In a previous post, I touched on my introduction to the flatbed world. I drove for an o/o who had 10 trucks. With zero experience in securement, spread axles, or anything flatbed, my "orientation" was "welcome to flatbedding, here's your truck, there is your first load, GO!"

Rob (dragon breath) helped me so much, that my thanks is beyond words. Every load, I took pictures, and he talked me through them. And I was rocking it, averaging 3000 miles a week. And then the owner called me and let me go. (His nephew had just gotten his cdl, and I was low man on the totem pole.) He sent out 2 drivers to pick up the truck. By the time they got to my house, I was already set up for orientation, at the company I should have gone to, begin with. They both gave me their contact info, to tell them how I liked it, saying that the owner was running the company into the ground in a slow spiral.

So, I have been with EW Wylie now, for 2 months, and was able to recruit both of those drivers, and a third. I was back at our home terminal when I went to enquire how our referall bonuses worked. It was then, that I went through a short process, and became a "Rolling Recruiter."

This company is amazing. They have bent over backwards for me, and I cannot thank them enough. There are perks, that I receive, beyond what the other drivers get for referalls. But to be honest, I would do this without the perks.

I got stupid, and tried to take a shortcut to towards my goals, and it bit me in the arse. But EW Wylie was there, and helped me, properly trained me, and have been a huge support, for me, and my other fellow Wylie drivers. Wylie was also Nominated for "2019 Best Companies to drive for."

Also, thanks to Turtle, Old School, and the other flatbedders who critiqued the first loads I posted. I truly appreciate you all.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

The Guys Who Do The Most Complaining Put In The Least Effort

Very interesting timing for this post.....

Sadly, there are exceptions to this rule. A driver I had the misfortune to meet, at our terminal would not shut up about everything he hated about the company. After he finally walked out the door about 45 minutes later, I asked one of our senior drivers who he was. The driver has been consistently at or near the top of the driving board, for the last 2 years.

I just hope I never run into him again, the guy was the definition of Toxic.

I am Just glad I am finally driving again after my truck went through electrical bypass surgery.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Metal coil frustration.

There were no auto fail questions, specifically. Once you hit 5 wrong, you failed. So, you could have come across some of the "non covered" questions, gotten them wrong, and still passed.

I think NY did it on purpose, to nickel and dime the drivers. (partial sarcasm)

No surprise there haha. NY can be brutal for sure.

But yeah seriously, the High Road CDL Training Program covers everything you need to pass the NY Coil exam. It's literally all I used for study, and I passed on my first try. It's been long enough now that I don't remember any specific questions though. In fact, I don't remember any auto-fail questions at all.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Metal coil frustration.

The NY Metal Coil Endorsement manual, if you don't have it.

It's already built into the High Road CDL Training Program. The High Road is the manual.

The problem is, that there are several questions no covered by the Highroads, or the manual.

I think NY did it on purpose, to nickel and dime the drivers. (partial sarcasm)

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

GPS

Also, just because I a route is truck legal, does not mean that it is truck friendly. It might be friendly for a class B, or a day cab pulling a pup or 48' trailer. But a truck like mine with a 280" wheelbase, 53' trailer and spread axles..... Well, You get the idea.

I thought the Rand McNally GPS used the same maps as the atlas?

All maps have the roads in the same places. Therefore all gps units have the same maps. It is the ROUTING that is critical. Always check the gps routing against your RM Motor Carrier paper atlas. The front of the atlas has invaluable information for Truck Drivers. If you don't have one, GET ONE! Spend some time going through the information to farmiliarize yourself with it. Ask your Trainer to see his!

rofl-1.gifrofl-3.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist that comment. I doubt he even owns one from the way you describe him.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Drivers ignoring NY I-90 (and other) bans.

Governor Cuomo also proposed New Penalties for violating ban

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Acceptable Medications for Drivers

The problem is DOT may accept the meds, but companies have their own policies. Every company has a different list. For example, I know Trazadone is not accepted at Prime. It is non habit forming, anti anxiety and used as a sleep aid. And as far as cold and allergy OTC, they tell us Mucinex and Comtrex only.

Usually Prime will tell people at orientation to go home change meds and come back in 30.days with documentation saying you are stable.

All companies will give you a physical when you get there.

whats the company?

What Rainy said, and, what are the meds?

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Metal coil frustration.

Also I can’t survive in another state, I have delivered to a few of them and they just lack the abuse nyc happens to have. Keeps you on edge.

Hahaha

That is why I am moving back to Michigan. Only Michigan has that perfect level of abuse that I need in my life. smile.gif