Comments By sgtwilldog

https://www.1-87vehicles.org//images/IHC/9670_org-blk_schneider_lf_lg.jpg avatar

Flatbed Variety

This post had 666 replies. Making it 667 for good luck.

Question about western express

Every company says they love vets. Schneider is the only one I found that puts money down on that.

Question about western express

Look at this one too. It's the best vets company I could find:

Schneider Training 03/16

Do you think the recruiter knew this detail and withheld it? It doesn't seem like recruiters would know that much about a particular job.

Dedicated Truck Driver

So, the job I'm looking at is Dedicated Truck Driver – Dollar Tree. It states "consistent miles primarily traveling in OR, WA, ID, MT and WY." And, pays "Mileage, stop-off and unloading pay"

"Eligible CDL Driver Applicants: •Experienced truck drivers •New Class A CDL holders"

My question is, is this a good starting job? They advertise for New Class A's. Or would someone only do this one after doing OTR for awhile first? I don't mind unloading. I need the exercise. But, I thought I read a story on here about a guy who started out on something like this and quit his job because of difficulties.

Does not advancing out of orientation effect your DAC and going to another companies orientation.

Hey Glenn, don't let that bother you at all. I got sent home from TMC twice - that's right - I attended two different orientations there and they sent me home both times. It has had no ill effects on my career, in fact it just made me want to excel at this all the more! Nothing went on my DAC report. If you want to do flat-bed work I recommend you try Melton - I think they will be more willing to work with you a little more, and they are a great company to work for also.

If you get sent home from orientation from being slow at some skills, how long until they will take you back and let you go through it again?

CDL Practice Test Android App

any plans for iOS?

Schneider - Northeast Lightweight solutions

Schneider are pretty straight shooters. Though, my recruiter if he doesn't know something will tell me that will be "covered in orientation" or "I think so but I'm not positive."

The CDL School

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, Im thinking they are all doing the same job, just to get the CDL right? So why pay more? I am willing to do it if they are no-kidding worth it and I become a Supertrucker straight outta Miami. But, yeah it makes sense that the cost wouldn't be justified unless it was like a 6+ week course or a 1:1 student-teacher ratio.

The CDL School

They have a school in Miami. Recruiter recommended it to me (says they have a higher graduation rate). It's an $8000 course. Though it's the same 3-4 weeks as most other schools.

Anyone go through it and would recommend it as well?

Truck repairs

Good stuff. thanks

Truck repairs

Do company drivers have to be mekaniks? I can't even spell it let alone do it. What are we expected to know that isn't covered in training?

GREAT NEWS!!!

Grats!

American Truck Simulator

It's out on Steam!

Two drivers in a small can

So, as a new driver, you would not recommend team driving? It seems like it would be a benefit as each driver can help each other with backing and trip planning.

How large of an LED TV can fit in a typical sleeper? Can Sprint wifi tether stream over a smart tv?

The secret to free wifi is a yagi wifi antenna. I paid 20$ for mine off ebay, I have it hooked to a cheap 50$ windows 8 tablet that I use as a "brain" hooked to my tv. It can pick up a signal within a half a mile and there are free wifi spots everywhere. All you have to do is point it in the direction of the wifi. I pick up internet at every truck stop from mcds,bk,wendys,dennys, even the indoor free wifi at pilot. Like I said, there are free wifi spots everywhere, you just need an antenna to pick them up

How do you mount that? Do you have to punch holes in anything?

One of these days...

Throw your book up on Amazon digital. I just bought a trucking memoirs one that a trucker wrote for only $2.99: still have yet to read it though haha

Considering making a career/life change to OTR driving

I would recommend get through the training and get hired first before you sell the car and go homeless. just in case the school or orientation doesn't work out for one or both of you.

Any non 10hr + a day driving companies?

What games do you play? A lot of drivers have PS4's in the truck. Not sure if online gaming is realistic though due to poor internet speeds at most stops.

Boots and Gloves recommendation

Thanks all for the responses. Haven't been on in awhile. This has certainly helped! :)