Profile For sgtwilldog

sgtwilldog's Info

WA

Company Driver In Training

3 years, 12 months ago

sgtwilldog's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  3 years ago

4 day with out a shower

He isn't showering either though. Why bank them and not use them?

Sgt - there's something "fishy" about that scenario. Here's the facts: You'll get a shower credit each time you fuel. You can get a "team" shower with only one shower credit. And just for clarification, a team shower provides you with a private shower room for each of you.

Posted:  3 years ago

4 day with out a shower

So I'm with trainer doing the dollars account it been 4 day with out a shower.how many day you go with out a shower thank you

So, today is day 4. Tomorrow I should be getting a shower. My problem isn't time. The issue is we have to fuel up enough to earn the shower credits to shower 2 people. Apparently my trainer picked me up with no shower credits available. I could pay for a shower. They want $12 though. I would have already spent $48 on showers. Ridiculous. I'm getting by on the baby wipes for now but almost out.

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

I Got Some High Praise From My Dispatcher This Week

Wow! Do you have a thread on here that explains how you manage your time and sleeper birth?

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Being sent home from orientation

Thanks all! I thought my title was catchy hehe

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Being sent home from orientation

So, I went with May Trucking. Orientation started on Tuesday. I was really concerned because my shifting skills are really bad still. So, anyway, what happened is that they ended up doing the day 1 road test in an automatic because that's all they had available in the yard. Needless to say, I ended up passing that part. Then, I did good enough on the backing that I haven't been in the truck since that first day. It's just been videos and paperwork since then. The trainer isn't available until next Tuesday so they are paying for a bus ticket back home to spend time with the family. Trainer will be coming to my town to pick me up. So great. Really excited. :)

The end of my trucking career

Based on what you've told us, I don't think we are getting the whole story here...

May trucking

Thanks, the comparison tool is nifty. So yah Freebird, I will probably do flat rate as well to start. Do you do all refrigerated? also, are you western 11 or all 48? thanks!

May trucking

So pretty decided on May Trucking. Haven't heard mention of it here. Anyone drive for them? They are 35 cpm to start. Schneider was 38 cpm. So sad for me, but I'm a noob so just glad for an opportunity . Cheers!

Passed DOT test but schneider is out

Cool thanks ill look into it

Two weeks notice or no?

I don't know if I was listening to Road Dog or I read it here, but is it possible that you can give a 2 week notice and then be routed near your home, and told you can quit now and go home, only to have a truck abandonment on your DAC? Is that a possibility?

Passed DOT test but schneider is out

The only Schneider account in my area is the Dollar Tree.

So, It looks like I'll be a Swifty or a Primey, or a K Knight or some such thing. Maybe even FedEx. Have some research to do now. And btw filling out applications sucks.

Questions about Schneider Family Dollar

So, I was looking at various Dollar Trees on google maps. Nothing looked TOO bad, but I was wondering about this one:

I thought the best way to handle this one is to just park on the side of the road next to the parking lot and just lug the boxes a little farther. The spot for a truck to back into this looks like it blocks parked cars. What do you think?

Bad at a 10-speed

Ok thanks. I'll go to orientation and if nothing else, maybe I'll get the instruction I need.

And i AM POSITIVE but the kicker is, confidence doesn't overcome experience. I just need some time behind the wheel.

I won't be recommending this school. There are so many things wrong. I am not talking about only personality conflicts or reactive instruction... Last week I drove for 2 hours with a right turn signal not working. This week I drove for one hour, and thought HEY let me check if the mechanic fixed that. No lights on the trailer were working. The instructor forgot to plug in the electrical from the tractor to the trailer after the maintenance. The ****ty thing is he is the best and most involved instructor in the whole dam place. It's a hot mess.

Bad at a 10-speed

You REALLY gotta not be able to shift a 10-speed to get them to send you home. I've watched guys get a lot of chances.

My experience was that the trucks Schnedier has you driving in orientation are a gazillion times better than CDL school.

What do you mean by chances? Does it mean they will test me a few times, or will they no-kidding work with me for 3 days straight. Pretend I know nothing and need real instruction.

Bad at a 10-speed

So, the way this school works is, you learn on a 6 speed, and then switch to the 10-speed when they decide you are proficient enough on the 6-speed to pass the DMV test. Do a bit on the 10-speed and switch back to the 6-speed a day before the test to brush up.

First, I'd like to debunk the myth that those who never drove a manual transmission will pick this up easier because they "don't have bad habits". I've been struggling the last week and a half on the 6-speed. I have a different instructor every day. Some instructors help me, while others are just blunt, reactive and impatient.

Anyway, I can't blame the school 100%. Obviously I'm picking the **** up slower than others. But, now the 10-speed transmission is shot (probably from my mere 3 hours of experience on it) and I won't be graduating with any proficiency on it.

So, next Friday I will (hopefully) graduate and have a CDL-A, contributing to their 100% graduation rate.

My question is, do any of you who work with any of the mega carriers know if they will hire a new CDL grad that cannot drive a 10-speed and will work with me on it? Schneider uses a 10-speed in their orientation and will just ship my ass back home when they realize I still need a lot of training on it.

How do I delete something I said?

I just clicked "report" on something I said that I want to delete. How else can I go about this?

Good BBQ on I-40 TN

Just looked it up. Rochelle's BBQ

Good BBQ on I-40 TN

So, since I know you run I40 a lot, there is another Pilot on exit 143... It is the one with the loretta lynn restaraunt and buffalo. Anyhow, in front of the Pilot there, you can get some top notch BBQ food as well. Not sure the name of the place. Best French fries I've ever had. And they have siracha ketchup on the table. Simply amazing. But they are cash only and closed on sundays.

Schneider, Ctl, Superior

In my opinion it's better to go with a company that has a reputable training program, is safety conscious, and is flexible. I'd rather sacrifice a few .cpm in the beginning for the peace of mind that comes from these things.

so i have road rage

Thanks for all the replies. Way more than I expected! My favorite is the bit about treating them like children and them dropping their pacifiers, haha!

I'm pretty happy with my career move so far, passed knowledge/airbrakes/combination and got my permit. week 1 down. 3 more to go. See you all on the flip side (south side). ^^