Profile For Errol V.

Errol V.'s Info

Sheffield, AL

Experienced Driver

11 years, 1 month ago

Errol V.'s Bio

A school teacher for eleven years. Now I'm getting out of the classroom!!

A trucker for three years. Then Oops! I've become a Driving Instructor! ... Now I'm back in the classroom!! (Or on the backing range)

A silly covfefe about reporting information for American society has allowed me to leave the building.....

email to: errolv@gmail.com

Errol V.'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 18

Posted:  1 day, 21 hours ago

Minor fender bender on round about in Ohio, cops blaming me. Any advice ?

This could be fought in court. First, if you are a company driver, they will be the ones to deal with it. But you are the prime witness and the guest of honor in the courtroom.

If you are O/O, you should have some prepaid legal service.

The problem is, you can't call the plaintiff an idiot in court, though we all know he is.

In my opinion, anyone will tries to cut in on the inside of a truck turning is an idiotic moron.

Posted:  2 days, 11 hours ago

SH Complaint

I was a school teacher (California) before jumping into a truck. A student had made a SH complaint to the principal. (This one was totally made up by said student.) The principal asked me about it, and I never heard anything about it again.

Posted:  3 days, 1 hour ago

Failed Schneider Hair follicle test

The official requirement is the last 90 days (about 1 1/2" of your hair). Of course to be absolutely sure, the farther in the past your usage is, the better/"safer" your test results will be.

You made the right assumption about legality. States are setting their own rules, but in the Federal book, marijuana is still illegal, so the FEDERAL Motor Carriers Safety Administration will follow Federal rules.

Posted:  4 days, 12 hours ago

HAZMAT and ELDT (Entry Level Driver Training)

I looked up ELDT.com

They are on the TPR provider site. Several pages in.

Yeah, Lots of companies want "ELDT" in their name. ELDT.COM got there first. They are legit, I got my Hazmat with their online "course".

Posted:  4 days, 21 hours ago

Entry Level Driver Training Course...

The Hazmat endorsement is its own thing. I doubt if undocumented experience will help. Study the hazmat info with the High Road Hazardous Materials. then you must get a certification test. The cheapest one $25 (I used it and it works) is at eldt.com/hazardous, then go to the DMV.

Posted:  4 days, 21 hours ago

HAZMAT and ELDT (Entry Level Driver Training)

Yeah, I guess I could have included that. The $25 HAZMAT COURSE for Hazmat is here: eldt.com/hazmat

Posted:  6 days, 17 hours ago

Best 2nd company suggestions

I've recently completed my first year OTR. What a ride. Clean record, no accidents or moving violations. I did get a ticket from Oregon DOT for not carrying enough chain sets at the beginning of winter.

Sounds like you did pretty good at Knight. Don't you think you'll get some CPM raises if you stayed there?

If a company wants experienced drivers, that means they just aren't interested in training, that's all.

We have several Knight drivers here. They might try to talk you into staying on.

Posted:  6 days, 20 hours ago

When Old School wasn't so old

I looked up some answers about PGT trucking, and ran across a post by OS when he had to ride the Grey Dog to PGT, early in his career, eleven years ago:

Pursuing The Flat-bed Dream With PGT Trucking

Posted:  1 week ago

PGT Trucking info

Hi, Kris! We have some info on PGT on the site.

To start, here's a review of PGT Trucking.

If you put "PGT Trucking" into the search bar above, you'll find a few comments about them.

As for negative reviews online, nearly all you'll find for any company is negative. Why? Most of the people posting are those who fail and want to tell the world about their failures. Pay then no mind.

A note to all TT members: Old School posted a comment or two about PGT, ELEVEN YEARS AGO! He had to take a bus as a rookie to PGT. Read about it here: Pursuing The Flat-bed Dream With PGT Trucking

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

MED card help!

Larry says:

Downside is now Im screwed having to use a CPAP and marked with sleep apnea.

Yes you are stuck with a machine you must cart around. You have to strap a hose to your face every night.

I've done that for over four years. I feel I didn't even "have to get used to it", I just started.

The whole idea is you'll sleep better and feel more awake during the day.

Yes, the decision is made using statistics (neck size, BMI and age, as you list) and you could possibly "beat it" in the sleep study.

You're in luck your company thinks enough of you to pop for the $700 machine.

This machine could prevent you from falling asleep with a steering wheel in you hands. What a way to go!

Why Join Trucking Truth?