Comments By Philly Boy

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig4.jpg avatar
  • Philly Boy
  • Comments:

20+ year old drug conviction

Back in 94 was convicted of possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance for 1-2 years and was just shot down by a company for that conviction. Can anyone suggest companies that will hire a drug felon . I live in Pennsylvania and I went to Smith and Solomon and got my CDL . Thank you.

Solo or team ?

Wow thank you that was a lot . You guys left me a lot to take into consideration. I definitely didn't think about how my life would be in someone else's hands if I was team driving. Guys you have been helpful. THANK YOU

Solo or team ?

Ok now I got the impression that no matter what company you go with you'll always start off with someone else now my question is is it with a trainer or is it really team driving and what's the difference how can you tell ?

Solo or team ?

Again thank you for the help. I greatly appreciate it in helping make my decision. Thank you.

Solo or team ?

Thank you for the quick response fellas I really do appreciate it . Money is always an issue but what I really want is the experience . So let's say I do decide to go team driving after going through the training period will most companies allow me to change my mind and go solo with them or would I be stuck as a team driver?

Solo or team ?

Would it be easier for someone just starting out to get a job as a team driver or should they just go solo? All I want is to get experience under my belt.

Recent hires at U.S. Xpress

I would like to hear people's experience with U.S. Xpress and curious how many people get hired after orientation and training. Thank you.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Anyone's experience with Smith and Solomon / Philly

How's it going everyone. Hope all is well and everyone out there is safe . Well I decided that Smith and Solomon is the school I'm going to attend. I just want to know everyone else's opinion of the Philadelphia campus.

Help getting my license

Thank you for the response back I'll take a look into swift thank you again

Help getting my license

I've looked in on schools I got my permit but can't afford even the down payment anyone have suggestions

Got my class - a permit looking for advice .

I got my permit rite before the holidays and now I'm looking for a school to go to for training. I live in Philly and the closest school to me is Smith and Solomon. Just wanted to know if anyone had gone to that school and what there experience was like and a recommendation for any other schools. Also like most people money is an issue for me are there any type of grants or assistance out there other than a loan? Thank you any help is much appreciated.