Comments By Mario V.

https://i67.tinypic.com/34oskyf.png avatar
  • Mario V.
  • Comments:

Well looks like I get that long weekend after all

It's better for you to experience all this in the beggining of you're career than later on. you get used to them, you learn and then you teach us about them :-)

Goodluck

WILL MY CDL BE DENIED, IM MEXICAN WITH DACA WORK PERMIT AND SSC

Well I am not a permanent resident but I am here legally and have a work permit

you are wrong here buddy, with DACA you are still illegal and have now lawful status in the U.S it was just given to temporarily protect young immigrants and allow them to go to college/ work. with the Daca program you get a social security and a 2 year work permit which can be renewed however keep in mind that there is no direct path from deferred action to lawful permanent residence or to citizenship. And, it can be revoked at any time.

Donald trump has said removing the DACA will be the first thing he does if elected president. and since DACA was placed with presidential power, with the same power it can be removed instantly.

California is one of i believe 5 states that give driver license to illegals, that driver license either says "federal Limit applies" or "driving privelages" only. those can't get a CDL job because they still can't work in the U.S (Florida don't have this so i can't be 100% sure on the notice but you get the point)

with DACA you can get a temporarly driver license, Social security and 2 year work permit. you can Legally apply and try to get a CDL license. and are free to work aslong as you renew your work permit and aslong as the DACA is still in place. you're only restrictions are you cannot leave the U.S to drive into mexico or canada , and no HAZMAT (HAZMAT requires you to be either a citizen or a legal permenent resident)

Goodluck

I failed

Hey Daniel, you haven't failed until you give up!

nailed it with that

Have a serious question...

NTI Bangor, Maine... My CDL Class A journey

Congratz on getting the permit and so many endorsements, all your hard work is going to pay off soon!!

to answer your previous question, I am just studying from this site, stalking, a few threads, and saving money at the moment, I am very deep south of Florida so not a lot of trucking jobs or schools here, planning on moving with some old family i have in NC in a few months and maybe go to school there my chances might be higher.

Nerves setting in

Give 'Em Hell, Malone

NTI Bangor, Maine... My CDL Class A journey

I gotta review the HAZMAT eventually, haven't even touched that section yet or my head will explode. you sem to be doing great and there's no better reward than pizza and having you're hard work pay off by getting that permit. Best of luck!!

TDI Driving School

Good luck on the test! I am so stoked for you right now!! let us know how it goes.

Officially in CDL School!!

Best of luck!!! one day hopefully I'll change my status aswell, as for now just study study and study

NTI Bangor, Maine... My CDL Class A journey

Hey! Good luck, I'll follow your thread, i hadn't really considered private school but I'll see how it results with you

Team companies

Your thread made me wonder, what if i want to team drive but don't have brother, relative or friends, do they just assign someone from the area to drive with me?

Finished School! Now Chapter 2!

Congratulation and best of luck :)

How to become a truck driver in the USA?

Emre

a work visa takes years to get, i know from experience, also hazmat endorsement requires you to be either a USA citizen or a permanent resident, work visa doesn't give you either status so you will be limited a bit. it wont be an easy road but if you do everything the legal way eventually you will get there. Best of luck

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

I have somebody for ya'll to meet...

Congratz!

Questions

how do i know which specific questions are these two? they seem to be killing me!!

you are 1 for 5 on question #493, you are 1 for 4 on question #494, and your overall score is below the 85% minimum.

Finally done

Just don't hit anything :)

Im on my way!

Congratulations on getting your permit

I Passed!

Congratulations! hopefully one day i'll have my own "passed" thread. Best of luck

Considering a Trucking Career

This wont be good for me!

Welcome to Trucking Truth, Dave! There's lots of stuff here to help you out.

Depending how far south in Florida you are, freight starts to thin out. But you can use this list to get started:

The Career Guide will give you the layout of the trucking business. Brett wrote of his experience as an Over The Road driver. The High Road Training program will go along way in preparing you for your CDL written test.

Anything else, just ask on the forum.

Errol

How many of you have hazmat endorsement?

LOL, now thats a good laugh :)

Just did a quick check over at the TSA.GOV website, and it states that eligibility is for Naturalized Citizens, U.S. Citizens, and Lawful Permenant Resident (I-551, commonly known as a green card).

So you're better off running for the president of the United States than trying to get a Hazmat Endorsement??

I don't think the current president we have now ever did show his birth certificate..